Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 pm

It's better than text messages, where you have to make sure you put well placed LOL's in the right places or you'll piss someone off. :? I really hope Marsters can do some serious damage control and work all of this out. I really feel bad for the actors. They probably worked so hard and just want people to be happy. It's gotta suck when you're trying to come up in the movie game and your film bombs. I'd sulk around my mansion for a week!
Last edited by Chrono Trigger on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:All I'm going to say is, the links below are for anyone arguing that characters from cartoons/anime/comics etc., can't be accurately translated to live-action and would look ridiculous if they did:

http://www.bleachrevolution.net/main.ph ... usical.htm

And from what I've noticed, it's the "pro-movie people" being rude and flaming more than the people criticizing in this thread. And with that, I'm stepping out of this broiling volcano of fan passion and anger. 8)
After Spider-Man, you'd think that studios would be a little more open to direct translations to live action (in terms of the costumes and make-up department).

Here's a quick thought; FOX should have found a way to collaborate with movie studios in Japan, or even HK, or China with Dragonball. Film adaptations of said manga, or anime that asia has churned out in the past decade and a half were all just missing a good level of funding. Films such as Dragon Tiger Gate, Storm Riders, Devilman, Casshern just to name a few, could have been international, epic hits if given the right funding, and editing (some perhaps with a better cast and scriptwriter) What I'm trying to get at is..the folks behind the noted films have the right idea, visually at the very least, and alterations to the visuals are rarely ever extremely unappealing.

tarrin4ever

Post by tarrin4ever » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:45 pm

When a guy is locked in a rice cooker for the last hundred or so years, I doubt he'll have the most healthy of skin complexion. Maybe he just needs a little sun? A good meal.. err, big drink of water?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 pm

tarrin4ever wrote:When a guy is locked in a rice cooker for the last hundred or so years, I doubt he'll have the most healthy of skin complexion. Maybe he just needs a little sun? A good meal.. err, big drink of water?
Oh don't go saying that. Now people will think he's a zombie.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:06 pm

I didn't even get to read the last three or so pages of this post because I have to run to work soon. But our internet was down yesterday so I only just saw the pictures now and..... oh god, it hurts.

Please, god, why. I knew they'd drop the antennae- I knew the ears would be small but pointed, I figured we'd loose the eyeridges although I was hoping they'd be there. But I never thought they'd make him yellow. God, that breaks my heart. Pic's green. Daimaou's green. He isn't even light green, even though the chars are such richer tones than that. He looks like a goddamn vampire and it's killing me. He's not a goddamn vampire..... *smashes head repeatedly into desk whilst repeating as such*

I think somebody noted the red clothes as an aside- but I actually like that. Red and Black are the perfect colors for a Daimaou man, as chaos and hellfire are sort of their things. They are, however...... not yellow.

It's hard to even look at the other pics because I just end up staring at yellow vampire Daimaou in horror. When I can look at the other ones they look good. But why do they have to do that to my baby when it was already said that he was green?

Maybe he gets darker when he gets younger like Sluggu. Or maybe the color's really off in that shot and he's actually at least grass green. I gotta believe that or I'll punch somebody.

I'll read the rest of this tonight and catch up on what's going on, but now I have work. Seeya.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Daburcor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daburcor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:Take Daburcor for example. He hates the idea of this movie and every single thing that has been done with it so far. He thinks it's trash and it's going to be worse than Street Fighter.

I don't remember saying that. On par? Sure. Worse than? Time will tell. But, you bet your ass I hate everything they've done with this movie. I can't believe there aren't MORE people who are as miffed as I am.
Chrono Trigger wrote:So if that's how he feels then why is he still following the movie and letting reminding everyone that he hates it? We already know! That's like me saying "You know what FUCK this movie. I ain't going to see it and Fox and everyone involved with it can go fuck themselves with an aids dick."
I've made, what, roughly ten posts about the movie? NONE of which are in an active thread until today's. I don't see how that's 'stuffing' my opinion down anyone's throat... especially compared to others (yourself very much included) pro or not. Those against the movie get that 'you get it' and know that you know that we don't like it. Does that mean we have to stop voicing our discontent? Not unless it means the pro-movie people have to stop praising it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv5j_vmyOaQ]There's many things I'll never know for sure...[/url]

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:12 pm

Desirecambell feels the same way you do but you hardly ever see him. Just saying!!!!! :roll:
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

Daburcor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daburcor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm

You hardly see me either (Hell, I've been an active member here almost twice as long as you have less than half the posts), but maybe I can be persuaded to post in this thread more out of my ever-growing spite. :roll:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv5j_vmyOaQ]There's many things I'll never know for sure...[/url]

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Hey be easy man! Don't get mad at me ! I don't like a lot of stuff they've done with the movie either. I just don't care enough to go into all of it. (But in the last Live Action you did play a part in it getting closed...) :shock:

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:and Bleach sucks.
You know something? YOU SUCK!

Hahaha :lol:
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:22 pm

How about we just agree to disagree?

Except about Piccolo though, he looks like a vampire and that's all there is to it :P
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Disturbed001 said :You know something? YOU SUCK!
I was just kidding... :(

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:Hey be easy man! Don't get mad at me ! I don't like a lot of stuff they've done with the movie either. I just don't care enough to go into all of it. (But in the last Live Action you did play a part in it getting closed...) :shock:
I'm pretty sure it was me who got that last thread locked :oops:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:
NO YOU WEREN'T! GO TO HELL! :twisted:

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:
Lol hey hey hey I was kidding too! Plus that's just a Billy Madison quote. Don't worry, I don't really think you suck....unless you really do :shock:
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

Pain

Post by Pain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:28 pm

I think that Piccolo looks quite nice. After they add the visual effects, he'll look even better.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Pain wrote:I think that Piccolo looks quite nice. After they add the visual effects, he'll look even better.
You do realize those ARE the effects, right?

No completed movie ever has a trailer with effects not applied to scenes. That'd be like having the Transformers trailers without any of the CG applied to show the giant robots, so all we'd see are buildings breaking apart and cars being thrown for no reason.

Pain

Post by Pain » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Tsukento wrote:
Pain wrote:I think that Piccolo looks quite nice. After they add the visual effects, he'll look even better.
You do realize those ARE the effects, right?

No completed movie ever has a trailer with effects not applied to scenes. That'd be like having the Transformers trailers without any of the CG applied to show the giant robots, so all we'd see are buildings breaking apart and cars being thrown for no reason.
Just tried to get my hopes up.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:45 pm

There is no hope. Not on DaizenshuuEX ! *gets smacked in the back of the head* :shock:

Daburcor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daburcor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:20 pm

Chrono Trigger wrote:Hey be easy man! Don't get mad at me ! I don't like a lot of stuff they've done with the movie either. I just don't care enough to go into all of it. (But in the last Live Action you did play a part in it getting closed...) :shock:
No more than anyone else... and actually, MUCH less.