Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:28 pm

You can't unsee it!

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Dude I'd totally elect Koopa! I never saw that movie. Is it any good ? (Like I heard it was bad but I never heard why.)
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 pm

To quote Bob Hoskins, who played Mario in the movie...

"The worst thing I ever did? Super Mario Brothers. It was a fucking nightmare. The whole experience was a nightmare. It had a husband-and-wife team directing, whose arrogance had been mistaken for talent. After so many weeks their own agent told them to get off the set! Fuckin' nightmare. Fuckin' idiots."

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:47 pm

Tsukento wrote:You can't unsee it!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It burns! It burns!!!!!!!
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 pm

Has anything been said about the whole "Piccolo wishes for his youth back" thing in the plot of the movie. If it happens, there's a possibility we're looking at "old" Piccolo and that "young" Piccolo will be green. I'm not too confident, but anything's possible.....right?

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Has anything been said about the whole "Piccolo wishes for his youth back" thing in the plot of the movie. If it happens, there's a possibility we're looking at "old" Piccolo and that "young" Piccolo will be green. I'm not too confident, but anything's possible.....right?
It looks like it isn't gonna happen.

From what's been said, the Dragon Balls are planned by Piccolo to be used to wish for world domination.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Has anything been said about the whole "Piccolo wishes for his youth back" thing in the plot of the movie. If it happens, there's a possibility we're looking at "old" Piccolo and that "young" Piccolo will be green. I'm not too confident, but anything's possible.....right?
I mentioned it. Pretty sure it got ignored.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I haven't read all the comments that have popped up since Piccolo was shown, so I hope this stuff hasn't been brought up yet. There's an overhead shot of some guys sitting at a table or something on that blog page.
http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/

The guy on the top kinda looks like he's wearing the same clothes Piccolo is, but I'm not sure. Anyway, if it is him there, his skin looks quite a bit darker in that picture than the two Piccolo pictures above it. Closer to something like old Daimao, in my opinion. The pale yellow of the other Piccolo pictures might just be some lighting thing.

And has anyone noticed that the emblem on Goku's gi in the second picture has jumped to the other side? I know the picture is just flipped (his hair seems to have flipped too), but I'm just saying. :P
This is like when they flip his hair on 2D art.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I suggested thattwice. Like Tsukento said though, it seems Piccolo won't be using the dragonballs to wish for youth, but maybe he gets young some other way, perhaps by reincarnating himself Ma Junior-style.
Leotaku wrote:I haven't read all the comments that have popped up since Piccolo was shown, so I hope this stuff hasn't been brought up yet. There's an overhead shot of some guys sitting at a table or something on that blog page.
http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/

The guy on the top kinda looks like he's wearing the same clothes Piccolo is, but I'm not sure. Anyway, if it is him there, his skin looks quite a bit darker in that picture than the two Piccolo pictures above it. Closer to something like old Daimao, in my opinion. The pale yellow of the other Piccolo pictures might just be some lighting thing.
I believe that's actually Ernie Hudson, who's playing Mutaito (or a character similiar to Mutaito).
And has anyone noticed that the emblem on Goku's gi in the second picture has jumped to the other side? I know the picture is just flipped (his hair seems to have flipped too), but I'm just saying. :P
This is like when they flip his hair on 2D art.
Goku's a Street Fighter character!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Alright, I got bored. Here is the original uncolored drawing which I much prefer.
http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/cwabackyar ... an0002.jpg

By the way, this is just for humor. So nobody get offended.

fogdark
Beyond Newbie

Post by fogdark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:28 pm

So I'm frequently visiting "jenova forum", a spanish site where they talk about this movie too.
Before this pics appeared online, this guy (forgot the name) told that Piccolo would have 2 forms.
With the first form, which he would "use" during most of the movie, he'd appear kind of an albino, and then the 2nd form, which apparently is the piccolo we all know, would appear in the last 10-20 min of the movie.
Now, I'm not saying this is true, but the thing is that when i saw this Piccolo i instantly remembered what that guy in Jenova said, because, this Piccolo really is albino :)
My opinion, well, if what i just told you is true, then I'm not against this look of Piccolo, because, eventually we would have our big, lovable, AND green, badass namekian.
But if this really is Piccolo, if there wont be any changes to his look during the movie, then he looks awful. There is nothing similar between this live-action Piccolo and his anime-manga counterpart. He might look kinda cool, pretty evil looking too, but if you knew nothing about the movie and i show you this picture and ask you "who do you think this is?", would you really even consider answering Piccolo?, don't think so.
You see, I'm not against changes in this movie, Chatwin kinda has the look of Goku, (love the gi, by the way), and Emmy Rossum has that badass outfit that looks similar to the ones Toriyama use to draw her in single pictures outside of the story, Chow Yun-Fat has the Hawaiian shirt of Roshi, and Yamcha..., i dont care too much about Yamcha :D LOL
But Piccolo??? :?
I really hope there will be a second form -edit- a second and GREEN form, or else i'll bring the gasoline and lets go and burn FOX :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HAHAHAHAHA!!!...... sorry, lost myself for a moment there.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Heh...Is this what we have to look forward to in the long wait until April ?
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm

You guys DO know that Star Wars (and its various sequels) had trailers without completed effects right? However, I doubt that character shot with Piccolo isn't finished. so...
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:56 pm

Those trailers were released when the films weren't finished. Dragonball, however, has been finished and was delayed to keep it from competing against other films, such as Batman.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:57 pm

That's right ! Douse the flames of hope ! You meanie ! :(

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:04 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:
Chrono Trigger wrote:Hey be easy man! Don't get mad at me ! I don't like a lot of stuff they've done with the movie either. I just don't care enough to go into all of it. (But in the last Live Action you did play a part in it getting closed...) :shock:
I'm pretty sure it was me who got that last thread locked :oops:
And I'm the one responsible the one prior to said thread. It's amazing how a love-action movie that has yet to come out would turn me into a little bitch, and I'm usually the one trying to avoid any fights!
Snail wrote:Here's a quick thought; FOX should have found a way to collaborate with movie studios in Japan, or even HK, or China with Dragonball.
How can you expect the current Fox to do anything faithful like collaborations? You see how they screwed around with X-Men: The Last Stand. Don't mention the adaptations; they can't even give us an adequate original film. e.g.: Space Chimps, The Happening. Search Light is the only studio under Fox that's somewhat competent in movie-making. The above is the reason why I get giddy if I was shown a screenshot that's slightly faithful, because I wasn't having high hopes from Fox at the very beginning. Doesn't matter if these people were in charge of the X-Men films if Fox is screwing everything up. Interestingly, a recent report indicated that the head of Fox ordered people to repaint a certain set to resemble a hippy, lighthearted atmosphere, instead of the original darkness that reflects the film really well. What's worse, this was done without the director's consent. Yes, I believe these people are capable of making a somewhat close to being faithful adaptation of the manga, but not with Twentieth Century Fox around.

Lol'ed at the Koopa comparison shots.
Last edited by kvon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Tsukento wrote:Image
You can't unsee it!

That is depressing. :cry:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Piccilo looks a lot better then Dennis Hopper as King Koopa. I remember being a kid hoping to atleast a see a dragon, not a Hitler style character. They even said "hail Koopa!" in the movie. Anyway, the fight scene with Gokutwin, looks really sweet IMO. Piccilo I understand why they took away his antennas, and didn't make him pure green. In the beginning I was actually expecting a greenish brown skin color character, but this just does it. I'm glad he's bald, I'm glad he has pointy ears, his antennas are missing, but what can we do? Marsters is signed up for two more sequels, so there is a chance Piccilo Jr. will be born.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 pm

Chuquita said : That is depressing.
Then you must be easily depressed huh... :? (Just playing! Don't break me off a new one! >_<)

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:02 pm

omegacwa wrote:*Snip*
Alright, I got bored. Here is the original uncolored drawing which I much prefer.
http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/cwabackyar ... an0002.jpg

By the way, this is just for humor. So nobody get offended.
Since no one else comented on your awesome work, I just have to say that it was very cleaver and amazing. You made my day.
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"