Live Action Movie Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:38 am

Wow, I'm tired of being treated like a piece of shit on this forum. I give you nothing but fact yet I'm treated like a fucking liar.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6217/foxyd4.jpg

Erased all the private parts because it's none of your god damn business.

Seriously, treat people with a little more respect for bringing you assholes news.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:43 am

JAPPO there is no need to get so bent out of shape. You posted some really vague information and expected people to automatically believe you based on your words alone. So of course you're going to take heat from people that want real proof. You posted a couple cryptic sentences and baited people into begging you to divulge what precious information you knew. As soon as you got people to do that you played the martyr.

Honestly what else did you expect?
母しゃべる「ドッグチーズ」

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 am

Chuquita wrote:
JAPPO wrote:Alright. Posted it. Basically Fox confirmed to me the movie (and it looks like the full movie) will be shown at the london licensing expo.

Whoa, (October 1 to the 2nd) that's in under a week. :shock:

This is Licensing Expo; is it the sort of thing only businesses attend or is it open to the public? (Not that I'll be in London anytime soon; but I know a few people in England who I could pass the info along to.)
Wow! Does anybody have anymore further details on this? I live about 70 miles from London and as fate has it thats my weekend off work!!! :lol:
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:46 am

mrkaizoku wrote:JAPPO there is no need to get so bent out of shape. You posted some really vague information and expected people to automatically believe you based on your words alone. So of course you're going to take heat from people that want real proof. You posted a couple cryptic sentences and baited people into begging you to divulge what precious information you knew. As soon as you got people to do that you played the martyr.

Honestly what else did you expect?
This isn't the first time I've been assaulted with "HAH! WHAT DO YOU KNOW! YOU ONLY SPEND 10x MORE TIME RESEARCHING THIS MOVIE THAN WE DO BUT YET YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

Why the hell would I post it if it wasn't true? What could I POSSIBLY GAIN from posting on this hostile forum?

I don't like being treated like a liar. Not. One. Bit. Especially when I've proved myself time and time again.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:37 am

JAPPO wrote:This isn't the first time I've been assaulted with "HAH! WHAT DO YOU KNOW! YOU ONLY SPEND 10x MORE TIME RESEARCHING THIS MOVIE THAN WE DO BUT YET YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

Why the hell would I post it if it wasn't true? What could I POSSIBLY GAIN from posting on this hostile forum?

I don't like being treated like a liar. Not. One. Bit. Especially when I've proved myself time and time again.
You were "assaulted" with cries of "Citation Needed". No matter what kind of research you do, it's no good unless you show your sources to people. Otherwise people might not believe you, and more importantly, you don't deserve to be believed. The internet is filled with bits of spurious information, and the only way to sort the wheat from the chaff is to consider the source. I don't care if you're VegettoEX, the pope, or Superman, you can't expect people to just uncritically believe everything you say just because you said it (of course there will also be some people who will, but that's not a positive trait). If you don't understand that, then, prepare to keep encountering "hostility" wherever you go.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:56 am

Why is the forum only "hostile" when someone creates hostility, themselves...?

Herms basically sums it up. On the fence about locking the thread, banning particular users, etc. What are all of your suggestions, everyone? Love to hear them.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:32 am

VegettoEX wrote:Why is the forum only "hostile" when someone creates hostility, themselves...?

Herms basically sums it up. On the fence about locking the thread, banning particular users, etc. What are all of your suggestions, everyone? Love to hear them.
I think both actions, in the long run, aren't necessary- provided this topic can be swung back around. Maybe I'm just lazy, but it's getting to be a chore keeping straight what was posted in which LAM topic. And with the trailer supposedly hitting in under a month, there's going to be another thread.

The same potential problems will come up, whether it is in *this* thread or one called "Dragonball Live-Action Movie Trailer!" I don't think anything particularly ban-worthy has gone down with this, except for this "inside info" bit.

JAPPO: Maybe it's the Wikipedian in me, but you can't just claim something to be fact without a source. I called up my mother a few days ago to tell her that Tobey Maguire had signed on to do Spidey's 4 and 5 filmed back to back, and she asked "oh, where'd you hear that?" If Kunzait (one of my best friends) or Mike (a highly respectable and reliable source, due to his diligent fact-checking) where to make claims like yours and offer only a photoshopped one-line email, I'd say "yeah ok, let me know when you have something solid."

So it isn't anything against you, and you need to stop crying foul. In fact, you said earlier that you don't need to prove anything to anyone. You've posted your *ahem* "info." Let it be at that and let's all move on before this gets nastier and Mike has to take action.
Last edited by Onikage725 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

mrkaizoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by mrkaizoku » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:28 am

VegettoEX wrote:Why is the forum only "hostile" when someone creates hostility, themselves...?

If this thread were locked the next thread would end up suffering the same problems. I guess you could let the thread go for now and if things get out of control again pull out the old thread locked sign. I'd like to think that this forum is mature enough to be beyond ban threats and thread locking, but maybe we aren't. Time will tell I suppose.
母しゃべる「ドッグチーズ」

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:46 am

I wouldn't mind the part before "etc."...at all.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 am

Honestly, I think this thread has run it's course.

It's degenerated into a cycle of a certain person making baseless claims, and then getting their panties in a twist because nobody believes them.

We can always start another if something actually newsworthy (from a RELIABLE source) comes up.

If EX lets us that is...

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:49 am

Captain Awesome wrote:Honestly, I think this thread has run it's course.

It's degenerated into a cycle of a certain person making baseless claims, and then getting their panties in a twist because nobody believes them.

We can always start another if something actually newsworthy (from a RELIABLE source) comes up.

If EX lets us that is...
Y'know I couldn't have said this any better myself.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:54 am

Well it's not like there is anything else to talk about. Besides the animated special. The movie and the special are the two hottest things in the Dragon World right now. I don't think the topic should be closed because of one person. :? (Or a few biased opinion...cough.)
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:59 am

Chrono Trigger wrote:Well it's not like there is anything else to talk about. Besides the animated special. The movie and the special are the two hottest things in the Dragon World right now. I don't think the topic should be closed because of one person. :? (Or a few biased opinion...cough.)
We'll still talk about the movie if something comes up, we'll just create a new thread about it. Just like how there isn't one big "DRAGONBALL ANIME DISCUSSION" thread. It's dry spells (news wise) that make this movie thread a rambling nonsensical argumentative place so why not just get rid of that issue?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:12 am

NeptuneKai wrote: It's dry spells (news wise) that make this movie thread a rambling nonsensical argumentative place so why not just get rid of that issue?
Exactly.

I'm sick of expecting some new information on the movie when I see the topic with three more pages since I last checked it, only to find that it's the same users having the same arguments over and over again.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 am

What it sounds like I need to do with this type of topic is do the same thing we do with any other topic relating to DragonBall...

Don't allow a single thread to go on for so long.

As has been stated, there's no real reason why it's inherently necessary to have a single thread dedicated to a topic that has all sorts elements to it. If there's a new piece of information, post it up and discuss it. If something else pops up, there's no reason we can't have a new thread dedicated to just that part.

As a comparison, we don't have a "BUDOKAI SOUNDTRACK DISCUSSION" official-style thread. If anyone wants to post up and discuss something about any part of any music from any game, we just go ahead and make a new thread. The general anime itself was listed as another comparison; we don't need a single "ONLY TALK ABOUT THE ANIME HERE!" thread, and the live-action movie is really no different (other than the fact that it's being produced in a different country and is the current hotness).

Additionally, a recurring concern (I hesitate to use the word "complaint") is that with threads of this size, it becomes exponentially more difficult to keep up with the actual NEWS content, rather than COMMENTARY content as it grows larger and larger in size. That just adds to the lack of usefulness, it would seem.

So yeah! This thread is over, and there will absolutely be no more "single" threads dedicated to such a large topic. I apologize for not being so on top of this thread as I could have been, but my excuse is that I had been out of town for nearly a week and am kinda slow getting back into the swing of things :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::