Trunks' Age

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Re: Trunks' Age

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:10 am

Herms wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote:"3 years passed...The time Machine had finally gained enough power"
What part is that line from?
The Manga, after Trunks kills 17 & 18 and before Cell arrives in Trunks' time.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:41 pm

So are you saying that Trunks can only travel in his own time line?
No. I'm saying his first trip, and all his return home trips, were to his own timeline. The only difference being his first trip back created a paradox and so forged a new timeline while his trips to his own time (aside from the Cell mess) did not create a paradox and thus did not create a new timeline.
No. Nobody believes that. Most everyone knows that each time line is a consequence of time travel. The only thing is, when he creates the new timelines, for that moment, he's in a new timeline...
No, you'd be surprised. I've seen a few people (can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else, though) who've argued that. Most of the people I see who argue that Trunks couldn't enter his own timeline argue that he was never branching timelines because, since he can't enter his own timeline, it couldn't branch, and thus he must actually be entering other universes.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Xyex wrote:
So are you saying that Trunks can only travel in his own time line?
No. I'm saying his first trip, and all his return home trips, were to his own timeline. The only difference being his first trip back created a paradox and so forged a new timeline while his trips to his own time (aside from the Cell mess) did not create a paradox and thus did not create a new timeline.
How is it decided when a paradox is created? And also, how does he go back and tell everyone he's defeated the androids? Wouldn't he just go back to a time that was unaffected again?
Xyex wrote:
No. Nobody believes that. Most everyone knows that each time line is a consequence of time travel. The only thing is, when he creates the new timelines, for that moment, he's in a new timeline...
No, you'd be surprised. I've seen a few people (can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else, though) who've argued that. Most of the people I see who argue that Trunks couldn't enter his own timeline argue that he was never branching timelines because, since he can't enter his own timeline, it couldn't branch, and thus he must actually be entering other universes.
[/quote]

Ok. Well, rest assured, I'm not one of those people. I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I'm not confident that I know how this time travel works in Dragonball.