Jump Festa to Preview Live Action Movie Footage

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Jump Festa to Preview Live Action Movie Footage

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:06 pm

Sweet. Hopefully we'll get a lot of new info out of this, and some clarification on things if there's really gonna be a Q&A session.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Hopefully for their sakes it'll be something that is at the very least "decent"... :|
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:40 pm

Taking the Americanized Dragonball back to Japan, in front of some of the most popular mangaka, which have been so very influenced by this series in their life...

That's balls, man. It really is. Like bending over the Statue of Liberty and taking it back to France.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:44 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:Taking the Americanized Dragonball back to Japan, in front of some of the most popular mangaka, which have been so very influenced by this series in their life...

That's balls, man. It really is. Like bending over the Statue of Liberty and taking it back to France.
Best.Post.Ever
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:31 pm

For some reason, I get the impression that the Japanese fans aren't going to be nearly as picky/whiny about the movie as the people on this board are. But that's just my opinion.

WOW, Goku is white, hey it's Piccolo, KAMEHAMEHA! Good enough for me!

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:37 pm

omegacwa wrote:For some reason, I get the impression that the Japanese fans aren't going to be nearly as picky/whiny about the movie as the people on this board are. But that's just my opinion.

WOW, Goku is white, hey it's Piccolo, KAMEHAMEHA! Good enough for me!
Yeah, because they were certainly thrilled with Godzilla. :roll:

Snail

Post by Snail » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm curious. How did Godzilla go over in Japan? Was the feedback positive?

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Snail wrote:I'm curious. How did Godzilla go over in Japan? Was the feedback positive?
The feedback was having their Godzilla quickly and decisively kick Zilla's ass.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Snail wrote:I'm curious. How did Godzilla go over in Japan? Was the feedback positive?
They weren't fans, actually. Mostly because it was such an utterly, completely different creature, movie, and style than that Japanese consider for Godzilla.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Not at all. They dubbed him “GINO” (Godzilla In Name Only) a.k.a. [just] “Zilla,” and had the original Godzilla beat him up in Godzilla: Final Wars. :?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:57 pm

Acid_Reign wrote:
Not at all. They dubbed him “GINO” (Godzilla In Name Only) a.k.a. [just] “Zilla,” and had the original Godzilla beat him up in Godzilla: Final Wars. :?

*Wonders if the same will become of Chatwin's "Goku" if feedback is overwhelmingly negative there as well*
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Lol they are gonna show the best footage probably and make everyone cream themselves and tell their friends. It's their marketing strategy.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:27 pm

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the Japanese fans react to him.

The article says there's gonna be guests other than Mr. Chatwin... I wonder who.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the Japanese fans react to him.

The article says there's gonna be guests other than Mr. Chatwin... I wonder who.

I'm hoping for Ms. Nozawa and Mr. Horikawa.

Or at least Ms. Tanaka. She's bound to be there anyways for One Piece.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:04 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:Taking the Americanized Dragonball back to Japan, in front of some of the most popular mangaka, which have been so very influenced by this series in their life...

I was thinking it'd be more like if we made a new Statue of Liberty(With a much paler green tint) and gave it to them.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 pm

This does interest me. I really wanna see how the Japanese react. I wonder how JAPPO will spin this if the Japanese fans/manga writers are disgusted with it.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Raki wrote:This does interest me. I really wanna see how the Japanese react..
Me too. It'd be nice if Julian could get some opinions from the kids in his class.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Raki wrote:

This does interest me. I really wanna see how the Japanese react. I wonder how JAPPO will spin this if the Japanese fans/manga writers are disgusted with it.
What a douchebag thing to say.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:35 pm

JAPPO wrote:
Raki wrote:

What a douchebag thing to say.
Not really. You've been spinning our "anti-movie" comments as being fanboys or over reacting. You've said we "Eat the shit that Toei and Funimation give us". Now movie footage will be shown in Japan in front of Japanese fans. Some of those fans are Kishimoto,Oda,Kobe and even some life long fans of Dragonball in Japan. What happens if they slam the movie too? Would they be just "over reacting fanboys" too?
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.