Dragon Ball: Evolution- Speculation and Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 am

omae no kaasan wrote:Saw it.

It's really bad.
You're Greg from Arlong Park, right? I agree with Eric, what do you not like about it?

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:03 am

It's really bad.
Wow, my heart literally sank. I felt it! :?

Oh well... hope we have better luck next time.

So, Batman and Robin bad, or Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer bad?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:49 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:

It's really bad.

Those would be the same type of bad.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:56 am

BrollysKin wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:

It's really bad.

Those would be the same type of bad.
Hm, I wouldn't say so. But I guess it depends on how omae no kaasan would rate those levels of bad.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:57 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Hm, I wouldn't say so. But I guess it depends on how omae no kaasan would rate those levels of bad.

Knowing what that means in English makes your statement mildly entertaining. :lol:
Trans rights, now!

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:07 am

SonEric84 wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:Hm, I wouldn't say so. But I guess it depends on how omae no kaasan would rate those levels of bad.
Knowing what that means in English makes your statement mildly entertaining. :lol:
Could you please enlighten me? :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:
Could you please enlighten me? :D
Maybe your mom could enlighten you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 am

I sent a review to AICN. If they don't post it by the time I wake up then I'll post it here. Just know this.

It's really bad.

No anger in my voice. It's just...really...bad.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/4 ... 1510025631

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:34 am

New info and images posted: http://vjumpbooks.com/staffblog/

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

Herms wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:At the end of the day all that matters is money, how many people actually listen to critics and obsessed fans of a franchise?
Matters to who, and how? To me, all that matters is whether this film is any good, and not being screened to critics is often a sign that a film is bad...
It matters to Fox because they made it for making money. They know the ‘it is not like the manga’ crowd is going to bash it and the critics are just giving their opinion and to be frank I do not know of anyone that listens to them unless they are someone that want the movie to bomb anyway. Fox is trying to get that new viewer money, they want t attract those that know little to nothing about Dragonball but love action movies. A girl I once dated knew nothing of the X-Men and Transformers franchises but she saw the movies and loved them. When I introduced her to the original X-Men comics and the Transformers cartoon, she preferred the movies to the original. She said that the original seemed dated and would not carry over well in real life and that the re-imagined movies had a more realistic feel to them.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm

The only persons opinion that matters to me about the movie is my own. Having already seen, read, and heard enough there's nothing in the movie that would surprise me.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Having already seen, read, and heard enough there's nothing in the movie that would surprise me.
Oh believe me, it certainly won't.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:13 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:
Having already seen, read, and heard enough there's nothing in the movie that would surprise me.
Oh believe me, it certainly won't.
Good :)

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Street Fighter live action movie bad? Really? Hmm, at least I will have my silly laughs :P.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Less than one month, and I can see it and decide for myself. The wait is killing me. Even if it's "bad" I'll probably still enjoy it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:37 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
SJ: When you play Lord Piccolo, what thing do you care about most?
James Marsters: When I think of Piccolo, the one word that comes to my mind is solitude. I always remember Piccolo floating above a beautiful landscape. He's looking at his feet and meditation. That more than anything is Piccolo for me, and what he's meditating on is his revenge. I'm playing Piccolo as a man who went to prison for a long time, where he had no mirrors. He finally busts out after 2,000 years, looks in the mirror and sees he's old, decrepit and weak. He despises hemself, and hates the mystics for putting him in a prison and stealing his youth. At that point, he want's to kill the mystics, their family, the whole town and planet they protect. It's all about revenge.
Wrong Piccolo Mr. Marsters. :lol: I've heard him mention Piccolo Jr. before hand, but I figured he'd have it cleared up by now. But I give the man credit for seemingly being the only one with a decent exposure to DragonBall before hand (Dub or not).

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:41 pm

The only flaw with the 'my opinion is the only one that matters to me' mindset is that it completely negates any purpose to discussion; even when the thing comes out, if you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it (and vice versa). People saying 'it sucked' will piss off those who enjoyed it, who will say 'well I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters' (fair enough, of course...) No-one is ever going to say 'well, you make a valid point there, I changed my mind, it does suck'. One simply has to question the benefit of discussion of the movie if it will only end in, at best, irritation and at worst bickering.

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:43 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Less than one month, and I can see it and decide for myself. The wait is killing me. Even if it's "bad" I'll probably still enjoy it.
Mortal Kombat was by all means BAD, but it was still good.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Cypher wrote:The only flaw with the 'my opinion is the only one that matters to me' mindset is that it completely negates any purpose to discussion; even when the thing comes out, if you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it (and vice versa). People saying 'it sucked' will piss off those who enjoyed it, who will say 'well I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters' (fair enough, of course...) No-one is ever going to say 'well, you make a valid point there, I changed my mind, it does suck'. One simply has to question the benefit of discussion of the movie if it will only end in, at best, irritation and at worst bickering.
What you say is 100% true. But I think the point that was trying to be gotten across by JAPPO (It was JAPPO, right?) is simply that as much as everyone here respects Toriyama. None of us need his approval or disapproval of the Movie to validate our own feelings. It was more of a Toriyama centered comment than a general public one.
Last edited by Gozar on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm

JAPPO wrote:Mortal Kombat was by all means BAD, but it was still good.
Considering how very little story there is to actually work with, yeah, Mortal Kombat is kinda bad. It did manage to make several characters recognizable and the visuals weren't too bad.

Annihilation however...that was a royal shitfest.

As for the whole "my opinion is the only one that matters to me" thing, the one problem that I see with it is that it kind of comes across as plugging one's ears and shouting "La la la la la" while someone tries to explain anything they might not like about the movie. Some folks (not saying anyone here in specific) have gone as far as to then say "Well you're a hater" or "You don't know what you're talking about. You're just being negative for the sake of it." once the other person finishes (except, saying that in the rudest of ways possible).
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]