Tori Bot isnt Omnipotent?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Tori Bot isnt Omnipotent?

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Tori-Bot Isn't Omnipotent <-From this link what is your opinion??
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Tori Bot isnt Omnipotent?

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Funny. I guess his editors are the true rulers of the DB universe.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:46 pm

there something as above omnipotent or they might just be equal in rank since they magically share a contract regarding db verse which enables them to interfere with Toribot.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm pretty sure he is. As he is the ultimate ruler of Dragon Ball world standing above Zeno, he is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:19 am

above omnipotent
This is an oxymoron. "Omnipotent" means all-powerful -- like, literally more powerful than anything or anyone else and having the power to do anything they want. You can't have "higher levels of omnipotence" or something "above omnipotent" or anything like that. If a character that was thought to be omnipotent is proven to be less powerful than another character, that just says that the first "so-called omnipotent" character wasn't actually omnipotent, just far enough ahead of everyone else that it might've seemed like it.

(As a side note, literally everything about the site linked in the original post makes me cringe. A whole site devoted to "what if so-and-so fought so-and-so" battles, "omniverse" which is a term spell-check dislikes almost as much as I do, the spelling/grammar of that post... it just keeps going and going... :crazy: )

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 am

Pantalones wrote:
above omnipotent
This is an oxymoron. "Omnipotent" means all-powerful -- like, literally more powerful than anything or anyone else and having the power to do anything they want. You can't have "higher levels of omnipotence" or something "above omnipotent" or anything like that. If a character that was thought to be omnipotent is proven to be less powerful than another character, that just says that the first "so-called omnipotent" character wasn't actually omnipotent, just far enough ahead of everyone else that it might've seemed like it.

(As a side note, literally everything about the site linked in the original post makes me cringe. A whole site devoted to "what if so-and-so fought so-and-so" battles, "omniverse" which is a term spell-check dislikes almost as much as I do, the spelling/grammar of that post... it just keeps going and going... :crazy: )
welcome in the world of fiction my friend in which you can enable to expand your mind to make a character more op then a omnipotent one.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:06 am

BrolyLSSJ wrote:<-From this link what is your opinion??
That that site is everything I hate about discussing genre fiction on the Internet.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:18 am

I'm pretty sure he isn't omnipotent if we go by the first volume's narration of being terrified by Oozaru Kid Goku, he also cannot be omnipresent because he seemed lost while wondering if he was at Penguin Village on the coast near Roshi's Island, however you could make a case that he is at least omniscient due to being the author and having the total word of what has, does, and will happen.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:34 pm

I thought Tori-Bot was an author avatar. Doesn't that make him all-powerful?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:54 pm

The concept of 'omnipotent' makes no logical sense in the first place.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm pretty sure he is. As he is the ultimate ruler of Dragon Ball world standing above Zeno, he is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
No he's not. The DB copyright states "BIRD STUDIO/ SHUEISHA", with Bird beign's Toriyama's studio and Shueisha beigns the editors of Shonen Jump.
So, no. He isn't.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:51 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I'm pretty sure he is. As he is the ultimate ruler of Dragon Ball world standing above Zeno, he is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
No he's not. The DB copyright states "BIRD STUDIO/ SHUEISHA", with Bird beign's Toriyama's studio and Shueisha beigns the editors of Shonen Jump.
So, no. He isn't.
I'm fairly certain he's referring to this.
Daizenshuu 7 wrote:Toriyama Akira
The author
History: Born in the year 1955. A manga artist.
First Appearance: Chapter 480
Special Characteristics: The ultimate ruler of the DB world, and a far, fa~ar greater person than even Kaioshin. His likes include cars, bikes, plastic models, movies, dogs, and women. His dislikes include having his ideas rejected by his editor, rats, and his job.
Battles: For over 10 years, he bravely battled against having his editor reject his ideas. You should be intensely grateful.
However, being an author avatar doesn't necessarily means they are omnipotent. Knowing Toriyama, Tori-bot will likely be bullied around by Zenno or Beerus if he were to appear.
Last edited by Khin on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:53 pm

I have the feeling you guys take creator characters that are written into the story as gag way too serious.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:27 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:No he's not. The DB copyright states "BIRD STUDIO/ SHUEISHA", with Bird beign's Toriyama's studio and Shueisha beigns the editors of Shonen Jump.
So, no. He isn't.
What copyright issue has anything to do with an in-universe character? :eh: This is like saying One Above All isn't the master ruler of Marvel because of the copyrights.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:30 pm

For what it's worth, when Tori-Bot appears in Dr. Slump, his power is acknowledged, but he's very rarely respected. I've said it in another thread, but if he were to appear, it wouldn't surprise me if he were frightened into taking a backseat despite having the power to end things himself.
Last edited by Nejishiki on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Cetra wrote:I have the feeling you guys take creator characters that are written into the story as gag way too serious.
We take a food-obsessed cat who destroys stuff if he doesn't get pudding very seriously. Did you expect anything else?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Cetra wrote:I have the feeling you guys take creator characters that are written into the story as gag way too serious.
We take a food-obsessed cat who destroys stuff if he doesn't get pudding very seriously. Did you expect anything else?
Beerus is supposed to be a character in the story. Authors add their own person in most cases not really with an actual meaning. So that is a difference.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Cetra wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Beerus is supposed to be a character in the story. Authors add their own person in most cases not really with an actual meaning. So that is a difference.
Would have to agree here. It's rare for an author (who isn't a bad fanfic writer) to do a blatant self-insert and portray it as something other than a gag. Stephen King got away with it in the Dark Tower because it actually made sense in that context. Not so much here.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Well, this is being taken too seriously. I'm just not surprised, that's all.
MyAnimeList | AniList

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:20 am

Trust me they do.....
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly