Androids 19 and 20's presence in the alternate timelines

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Androids 19 and 20's presence in the alternate timelines

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:46 pm

If 19 and 20 did appear first Trunks doesn't have to know them. Trunks is a baby so he only knows what Gohan and Bulma tell him.

If Vegeta or Piccolo trash 19 and 20 than get killed by 17 and 18 17 and 18 are threats and 19 and 20 are non factors it's not out of the realm that Gohan and Bulma forgot about the weaker machines and just focused on the killers that Goku was needed for.

16 is easy. In the future 17 and 18 were killers who only cared about each other to end thus didn't activate 16.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Dr. Gero says he had to stop watching after the saiyan arc to make the Androids.
Normally I'd agree, but Android 21 was made by a RRA computer (almost certainly Dr. Gero's) and has traits of Buu. It doesn't seem out of the question to me that Gero at least kept an eye on the Z-Men while making the later Androids.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:50 am

KBABZ wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Dr. Gero says he had to stop watching after the saiyan arc to make the Androids.
Normally I'd agree, but Android 21 was made by a RRA computer (almost certainly Dr. Gero's) and has traits of Buu. It doesn't seem out of the question to me that Gero at least kept an eye on the Z-Men while making the later Androids.
21 is also non canon. Gero at least in the anime says that he stopped watched in the saiyan arc. Cell's creation watched a little longer.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
21 is also non canon. Gero at least in the anime says that he stopped watched in the saiyan arc. Cell's creation watched a little longer.
Even if you try to claim only Toriyama stuff is canon, you're still wrong, because Toriyama created 21.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
KBABZ wrote: Normally I'd agree, but Android 21 was made by a RRA computer (almost certainly Dr. Gero's) and has traits of Buu. It doesn't seem out of the question to me that Gero at least kept an eye on the Z-Men while making the later Androids.
Even if you try to claim only Toriyama stuff is canon, you're still wrong, because Toriyama created 21.
21 is a video game character she doesn't effect the manga/anime timeline.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:08 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
According to who?

What fans have concluded does not qualify as fact, and Toriyama and Toei have never established a "canon". Toei has, through exhibitions, established that they don't give a shit about the concept, placing Super and GT in the same timeline.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:17 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:Even if you try to claim only Toriyama stuff is canon, you're still wrong, because Toriyama created 21.
He designed 21, but she was conceived and developed by Arc System Works. They just told him what her character was and he drew what he thought that character would look like.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:04 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote: Even if you try to claim only Toriyama stuff is canon, you're still wrong, because Toriyama created 21.
According to who?

What fans have concluded does not qualify as fact, and Toriyama and Toei have never established a "canon". Toei has, through exhibitions, established that they don't give a shit about the concept, placing Super and GT in the same timeline.
It doesn’t matter if there’s no established canon, FighterZ is clearly in its own continuity and does not effect the original manga, Super, or any other sub-section of the series.

Canon also doesn’t need to be established or defined. When people say something is canon or non-canon, they’re referring to events from the original manga and events from Super. It doesn’t matter if Toei doesn’t care about canon, or if Toriyama hasn’t sat down to specifically tell us what canon is, it’s obvious what people are referring to when they say something is canon or non-canon.