Can Two Halves Make A Whole?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Can Two Halves Make A Whole?

Post by Pain » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 pm

This thought has recently crossed my mind. In the event that two half Saiya-Jin were to have a child, what would it be? Would it be a whole Saiya-Jin? Would it be something completely new? Would it be less than a half Saiya-Jin, in the odd event of that being possible? Or would it just be another half Saiya-Jin? What do you guys think?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:54 pm

It would be half. Two half breed would not make a pure breed.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 am

In theory yes. But then you would have two wholes, a Pure Saiyan and a Pure Human. :wink:

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:13 am

I would say that genetics don't work that way... But what the hell, this is Dragon Ball. A show where to species from different corners are the universe not only have the same immune, digestive, and just about every other system, but are also reproductively compatible with one another.

Pain

Post by Pain » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:17 am

jda95 wrote:In theory yes. But then you would have two wholes, a Pure Saiyan and a Pure Human. :wink:
Would that being be superior?

NOTE: In the back of my mind, I'd think that if they had twins, one would be a whole Saiya-Jin and the other would be a human. I just can't see any of this making logical sense, though.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Can Two Halves Make A Whole?

Post by Bussani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 am

Pain wrote:This thought has recently crossed my mind. In the event that two half Saiya-Jin were to have a child, what would it be? Would it be a whole Saiya-Jin? Would it be something completely new? Would it be less than a half Saiya-Jin, in the odd event of that being possible? Or would it just be another half Saiya-Jin? What do you guys think?
Going by normal genetics (if I remember right), the child would be half Saiyajin just like the parents. It works something like this.

Human-Saiyajin + Human-Saiyajin = Human-Human-Saiyajin-Saiyajin (aka still half n half)

The human blood can't just vanish. To be more confusing, what if a 1/4 Saiyajin and a full Saiyajin had a child?

Human-Human-Human-Saiyajin (1/4) + Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin = Human-Human-Human-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin (3/8 human)

Can anyone verify if I'm thinking correctly here?

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:19 am

2 half-saiyan, half-human could create any number of things. It could be pure human, pure Saiyan, 3/4 human, 3/4 Saiyan, 17/308 human, well... you get the picture...It depends on if either human genes or Saiyan genes are dominant over the other and pure chance.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:09 am

Bussani wrote:
Pain wrote:This thought has recently crossed my mind. In the event that two half Saiya-Jin were to have a child, what would it be? Would it be a whole Saiya-Jin? Would it be something completely new? Would it be less than a half Saiya-Jin, in the odd event of that being possible? Or would it just be another half Saiya-Jin? What do you guys think?
Going by normal genetics (if I remember right), the child would be half Saiyajin just like the parents. It works something like this.

Human-Saiyajin + Human-Saiyajin = Human-Human-Saiyajin-Saiyajin (aka still half n half)

The human blood can't just vanish. To be more confusing, what if a 1/4 Saiyajin and a full Saiyajin had a child?

Human-Human-Human-Saiyajin (1/4) + Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin = Human-Human-Human-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin-Saiyajin (3/8 human)

This.

Pain

Post by Pain » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:14 am

Bussani wrote:

Brain...hurts.....

I seriously don't understand. But I get the gist of what you are saying.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 am

Please excuse that goo that has landed on your screen... That was my brain.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Pain

Post by Pain » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Please excuse that goo that has landed on your screen... That was my brain.
You aren't the only one. :lol:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:26 am

I can't answer this question, and I think that nobody can answer it, since the natural answer on this series of question that everybody asks doesn't exist in Dragon Ball universe, so I think it's pointless to discussing it further.
Lot of users herfe already made a lots of theories, but it's impossible to push it more and more....
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:42 am

MCDaveG wrote:I can't answer this question, and I think that nobody can answer it, since the natural answer on this series of question that everybody asks doesn't exist in Dragon Ball universe, so I think it's pointless to discussing it further.
Lot of users herfe already made a lots of theories, but it's impossible to push it more and more....
Eh? Logically it seems to work the same way as normal genetics. Gohan is half-Saiyajin, Pan is a quarter. There's no reason to assume it wouldn't follow this normal method.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:57 am

It depends on which chromosomes are superior, if the Saiyan chromosomes dominate the human ones, then it could be a pure Saiyan. And if they had twins, there's a possibility that one would be human and the other would be Saiyan.

Something similar to that really happened, two half-caste people had twins, one of the twins was darker skinned, the other was white, and had blond hair.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:06 am

The Time Traveller wrote:It depends on which chromosomes are superior, if the Saiyan chromosomes dominate the human ones, then it could be a pure Saiyan. And if they had twins, there's a possibility that one would be human and the other would be Saiyan.

I can reflect on this with something that really happened, two half-caste people had twins, one of the twins was darker skinned, the other was white, and had blond hair.
But those are just features, like Trunks having human-style hair. Surely genetically both children are half-caste?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:20 am

Maybe half as in 99%-1%...?

They'll be hybrids then, I guess >.>

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:05 am

Well, I've been looking into it a little further. It's probably not as simple and straight forward as I put it. Since you inherit a random bunch of DNA from both parents, it might be possible, just very improbable, to get a full Saiyajin from two halflings.

If you imagine it as two jars of jelly beans, one filled with 100 human jelly beans, the other with 100 Saiyajin jelly beans, then no matter what if you took 50 from each you'd get a child with 50 Saiyajin and 50 human.

But if you had two jars that were each a perfect balance of 50 and 50, shook them up, then took 50 from each, you could end up with less than a perfect balance. Theoretically even 100 Saiyajin...or 100 human even?

Maybe someone like Rocketman can tell us. He seems to know about this stuff.

TheLastSaiyan

Post by TheLastSaiyan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:53 am

It definitely would suck if you ended up as the full-blooded human.
And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.

SweetCosmicPope
Beyond Newbie

Post by SweetCosmicPope » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 am

Bussani wrote:Well, I've been looking into it a little further. It's probably not as simple and straight forward as I put it. Since you inherit a random bunch of DNA from both parents, it might be possible, just very improbable, to get a full Saiyajin from two halflings.

If you imagine it as two jars of jelly beans, one filled with 100 human jelly beans, the other with 100 Saiyajin jelly beans, then no matter what if you took 50 from each you'd get a child with 50 Saiyajin and 50 human.

But if you had two jars that were each a perfect balance of 50 and 50, shook them up, then took 50 from each, you could end up with less than a perfect balance. Theoretically even 100 Saiyajin...or 100 human even?

Maybe someone like Rocketman can tell us. He seems to know about this stuff.
Not exactly that black and white, but that's essentially it.

It all comes down to dominant and recessive traits. Theoretically, you could have a full human from this, as well.

The bigger issue is not where they come from, but what dominant genes in a saiyan makes them different from a human. By breeding a half-breed with a half-breed, you would technically produce a half-breed saiyan. Whether or not they can take advantage of the saiyan "powers" is determined by which genes are dominant.

Let's assume that to have been born with a tail is a prerequisite for taking advantage of saiyan DNA.

You can make a chart to see your chances of this happening. We'll assume both parents had tails.

The top of the chart represents the father, and the left of the chart represents the mother. Chart the top with an upper-case "A" and a lower-case "a." Chart the side with a upper-case "B" and a lower case "b." See where the correlate, where the dominate trait is represented by the upper case letter. You'll find that the half-saiyan child has a 75 % chance of being born with a tail.
"That's Peter Grave's Scat! I'd recognize it anywhere!" - The Film Crew

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm

We're all talking about inheritance of traits. This is the inheritence of a species. Considering that one of the things that separates species is the inability to breed outside their species (with rare exception that isn't sterile), it's safe to assume that real-world biology doesn't apply.
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."