Strength Checker

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Strength Checker

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 am

Perhaps some extras about Nappa..
1. Chapter 217(DBZ 23) P 7.6
Doesn't Piccolo in the 6th panel state something about Nappa's strength?.

2. Chapter 218(DBZ 24) P 14.3
And I'm pretty sure 3rd panel Piccolo says something like "incredible" or something in the context of Nappa surviving Tenshinhan's Kikoho.

3. And this one as well:
Chapter 219(DBZ 25) P 1.2
Second panel Piccolo, I'm sure says something about Nappa being invincible/unbeatable or something.

4. Chapter 219(DBZ 25) P3.3-3.5
And on this page Piccolo states that they are stronger, than Raditz and that they don't stand a chance.

5. Chapter 219(DBZ 25) P5.2
I'm sure something's stated about Nappa being unbeatable, while flying.

6. Chapter 220(DBZ 26) P2
And here the only way of winning is to grab his tail and if Gohan doesn't follow the plan then they are all doomed.
Also this:

Chapter: 320 (DBZ 126), P4.5
Freeza: “Son Goku had done well…With Freeza as his opponent, he was completely winning the fight through overwhelming strength…But the cornered Freeza wiped Planet Namek itself out…”
Kaio is the one who said that, not Freeza :P

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm

OK, more typos and additions dealt with. Hopefully I'm all caught up now.
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:True, but I think Herms is more or less going for a complete list of quotes, so why leave that line out? (Unless he left that one out on purpose...)
Well, I did leave some things out if I felt they were redundant (ie that they didn't say anything that hadn't been said elsewhere). I didn't want to include every random tournament audience member who calls Goku amazing, for instance. I only left some such quotes out, mind you, and not necessarily every quote that could be considered redundant. It kind of depended on what my helper elves felt like noting, and how energetic I was at the time when going over my parts of the series (ie how much I felt like noting everything and anything). But anyway, where exactly is this Dabra quote you're talking about? I'll include it if you think it's important.
Nazi Cola wrote:The quote(s) on Gotenks' strength in the RoSaT should be included, too, I think (pretty sure someone already brought this up, but eh). I can't remember if it's one of the kids or Piccolo that say Gotenks in his normal form should be able to take Super Boo on, but yeah. That would imply that Base Gotenks then is stronger than his Super Saiyan form from before, but I'd like to see the exact quote(s) and the context if possible.
That's definitely in there, under #BO3#GTK#REG:

Chapter: 489 (DBZ 295), P3.5
Context: Trunks doesn’t like the idea of fighting Boo as a Super Saiyan 3 from the start
Trunks: “I think…that we’ve already progressed so much that even in a regular state Fusion, we’ll be about equal with Majin Boo...”
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I think I've seen another typo.
Herms wrote:Chapter: 139, P13.2
Piccolo: “I'm…impossible. Does this mean that there are people in this world capable of defeating our Demon Clan warriors…!”
Piano: “”Un-unbelievable!”
Context: after he kills Cymbal
I think you mean “it's impossible”.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I think I've seen another typo.
Herms wrote:Chapter: 139, P13.2
Piccolo: “I'm…impossible. Does this mean that there are people in this world capable of defeating our Demon Clan warriors…!”
Piano: “”Un-unbelievable!”
Context: after he kills Cymbal
I think you mean “it's impossible”.
No what it should have said is I'm.. impossible.(I can't write it due to Daizex auto correcting) :lol:
The typo(actually not Herms' fault) was that it types the abbreviation of I am(I'm), when it should have been the starting letters of "Impossible."

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Herms wrote:But anyway, where exactly is this Dabra quote you're talking about? I'll include it if you think it's important.
You know, I'm not entirely sure. Does anybody else recall Dabra saying that he can't be defeated by 3000 Kiri?
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
Herms wrote:But anyway, where exactly is this Dabra quote you're talking about? I'll include it if you think it's important.
You know, I'm not entirely sure. Does anybody else recall Dabra saying that he can't be defeated by 3000 Kiri?
All he does is being incredibly confident in his own abilities, even though he knows Goku has at least 3000 Kiri, which of course means he's way stronger than that, but he didn't state it directly.
From the danish version in panel 1 he said something about being able to solve all of Babidi's problems, while in panel 2 he says that he'll go to stage 3 and claim that Buu's egg is going to be filled with energy. And Herms already took care of the rest in this very thread.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8574/211dqu.jpg

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Btw, I can't find the "Find" feature on my internet browser. Can anyone help me?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Btw, I can't find the "Find" feature on my internet browser. Can anyone help me?
Go to the first page of this thread and press "Ctrl" & "F" at the same time. If you don't have a bar popping up right beneath your current tab, then tell me, which browser you are using.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:32 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Btw, I can't find the "Find" feature on my internet browser. Can anyone help me?
Go to the first page of this thread and press "Ctrl" & "F" at the same time. If you don't have a bar popping up right beneath your current tab, then tell me, which browser you are using.
Yep, it works. Thanks for the help! :mrgreen:

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Yep, it works. Thanks for the help! :mrgreen:
You're welcome 8)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Um...guys? Could anyone translate my requests?
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Could I ask for the Japanese translations of everything that's said about Gohan's power in Movie 3, Slug's power in Movie 4 and Coola's power in Movies 5 and 6?

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Just go watch the movie with Steve Simmons' subtitles on.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Herms wrote:Just go watch the movie with Steve Simmons' subtitles on.
Where can I find them?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Where can I find them?
On Amazon, RightStuf, and many other fine retailers.

...Herms is referring to FUNimation's DVDs, if it's not obvious.
-Rachel

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:48 am

TripleRach wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Where can I find them?
On Amazon, RightStuf, and many other fine retailers.

...Herms is referring to FUNimation's DVDs, if it's not obvious.
OK, thanks. :)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:54 pm

This never got answered(well at least in this thread):
jackjack wrote:
Herms wrote:Chapter: 510 (DBZ 316), P12.4-6
Vegeta: “…Heh…You never intended to switch out, even from the beginning. Don’t spout such transparent lies…You knew…That I’d be killed at once.”
Goku: “Huh!? N-no, that’s not it…”
Vegeta: “Hmph…Don’t try sparing my feelings…The truth is you were right [that I’d be killed]. That Boo is stronger than I imagined…And so are you, Kakarot…
Does Vegeta literally say "Kararot...You too..." or something, Herms?

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Literally it's along the lines of "That Boo is stronger than imagined...Kakarot, you too". Kinda ambiguous I guess, and in the past I did translate it as Vegeta saying that Boo is stronger than both he and Goku imagined, but on reflection I think it's much more likely that Vegeta's saying both Boo and Goku are stronger than he (Vegeta) imagined.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Herms wrote:Literally it's along the lines of "That Boo is stronger than imagined...Kakarot, you too". Kinda ambiguous I guess, and in the past I did translate it as Vegeta saying that Boo is stronger than both he and Goku imagined, but on reflection I think it's much more likely that Vegeta's saying both Boo and Goku are stronger than he (Vegeta) imagined.
I would think it makes the most sense, that Vegeta is speaking about himself compared to Goku and Boo, since he previously thought that he could take Boo, but in the next chapter he admitted, that only Goku was capable of fighting him.
So basically Vegeta severely underestimated Pure Boo and hadn't realized the depths of Goku's power until now explaining his comment. That's my interpretation anyways.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:45 am

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but Herms, I found a variation.

Gohan on Initial Fat Buu....Something of the sort of ....

Yea he's strong, but I could still manage something, at least with my true ability...

I've seen it translated several times, but can't find it on your strength checker. It should be in the Majin Buu section right after Gohan says, a Stupendous ki, and right before Vegeta and Goku's comments on Initial Fat Buu...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:53 am

p123 wrote:Gohan on Initial Fat Buu....Something of the sort of ....
"Yea he's strong, but I could still manage something, at least with my true ability..."
Its in the checker. He has it for Gohan, but I suppose he just forgot to put it under Majin Buu as well.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)