Strength Checker

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Re: Strength Checker

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Bardo117 wrote:How does anyone even have time to type all that?
They don't need too. They just going to pick the part that they needed.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:03 pm

They don't need too. They just going to pick the part that they need.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Didn't anyone ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? Maybe you don't mean to come off as sounding rude, but at least try to choose your words more carefully. This is a useful resource and it's nice of him to have been patient enough to take on the task.
Trans rights, now!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:44 pm

You really went all out, huh? I think I’ve said it before, but I really, really admire your patience and commitment.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Hah, I was wondering what happened to this idea. Seeing it all put together just blows me away. I mean, I knew it'd be big, but wow.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:50 pm

They do it over several months with help from others.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:50 pm

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Herms you the man!
This thread is awesome and helps out with all those strength debates we have, so thank you for going through so much effort!

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Posts that didn't make it through...
(in order of post time)
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
They don't need too. They just going to pick the part that they need.
SonEric84 wrote:

Didn't anyone ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all? Maybe you don't mean to come off as sounding rude, but at least try to choose your words more carefully. This is a useful resource and it's nice of him to have been patient enough to take on the task.
StarRot wrote:You really went all out, huh? I think I’ve said it before, but I really, really admire your patience and commitment.
Bussani wrote:Hah, I was wondering what happened to this idea. Seeing it all put together just blows me away. I mean, I knew it'd be big, but wow.
JulieYBM wrote:

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Wow. That is just amazing. Another wonderful resource from Herms. I can't even begin to imagine the patience and dedication that one took!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:22 am

Can't believe I actually sat down and read all that, that was insanely long. But it was entertaining.
Potential grammar mistakes I saw:
Chapter: 304 (DBZ 110), P12.4-5
Context: Kuririn says Freeza’s final form doesn’t look that powerful
Piccolo: “I good example of how you shouldn’t judge someone’s true ability by their appearance…He was far more cute before…Damn it…I had you go through all that trouble getting that wish granted…Sorry…But it really doesn’t look like I’ll be able to save you…”
Chapter: 312 (DBZ 118), P4.4
Context: as Goku and Freeza are staring at each other
Piccolo: “They’re both searching out a moment to come at each other…Anyway, it seems like their stupendous ki along could crush me…”
Chapter: 303 (DBZ 109), P11.3
Context: discussing whether or not to half-kill Vegeta
Kuririn: “Goku should be revived any time now.”
Vegeta: “Kakarot is a low-level warrior! We won’t get any stronger than that!”
Chapter: 364 (DBZ 170), P5.1
Cell: “I’ll definitely get hold of No.17 and No.18! Even if you guys try to stop me from reaching my perfect form, it won’t do any good! No if Piccolo is the only one able to put up a bit of a good fight against No.17 and No.18!”
Chapter: 355 (DBZ 161), P8.3-4
Tenshinhan: “Th-this is the man who took down Freeza…And he was helpless before these androids…I’ll be frank…! No matter how strong Goku may be, he shouldn’t be that different from Trunks or Vegeta…He definitely can’t win…! No even Goku…”
Chapter 338 (DBZ 144), P9.6-7, P10.1
Context: the androids mistake Yamcha for Goku
No.20: “I human with an unusually high energy rating is heading this way…Is the search system malfunctioning?”
Chapter: 391 (DBZ 197), P1.3-4, P2.1-4
Context: talking about the Room of Spirit and Time
Vegeta: “Well, well…So even the great Kakarot admits defeat against the rigors of the room…”
Goku: “Maybe…But pointlessly toughening up my body more than this is just torture, not training. But I won’t object if you guys enter that room again. It looks like you still have room left to toughen up more.”
Vegeta: “What was that…? I don’t like that…The way you said that made it sound like you’re saying that your true ability is greater than mind…”
Chapter: 430 (DBZ 236), P6.5-6
Context: after Gohan asks that nobody becomes a Super Saiyan in the tournament
Vegeta: “…Well, I guess that’s fine. If nobody becomes a Super Saiyan, then the conditions are the same. My superior position doesn’t change…”
Trunks (with Goten): “We’ll fine too!”
Chapter: 469 (DBZ 275), P7.1
Goku: “To top it off, it took be about 1 week to learn the art…”
16. Piccolo [#BO2#PIC]
Chapter: 447 (DBZ 253), P11.4
Context: talking about how Yamu and Spopovitch were followed by Goku and co.
Dabra: “Get rid of the trash besides those 3 [Goku, Gohan, Vegeta], then return to the spaceship right away. That way, I think those 3 will fly into a rage and follow you inside for sure.
^wasn't it Babidi?
Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P10.4-6
Context: Elder Kaioshin explains his ‘ability’
Elder Kaioshin: “Hey, you over there, you were the one who pulled the sword out, right? Come over here a little. If someone could pull that sword out and swing it around, the once I get through with them they’ll de~~efinitely be able to become the best in the universe.”
Chapter: 456 (DBZ 262), P4.3
Context: as Babidi takes control of Vegeta
Babidi: “Alright! That’s it! He’s already mine, uhihihi…! While I’m at it, I’ll draw out his hidden power to behind [his? their?] limits!”
---Regular form, and in general (post-RoSaT)--- [#BO3#GTK#REG]

Chapter: 489 (DBZ 295), P3.5
Context: Trunks doesn’t like the idea of fighting Boo as a Super Saiyan 3 from the start
Trunks: “I think…That we’ve already progressed so much that even in a regular state Fusion, we’ll about equal with Majin Boo...
Might I add to it was absolutely hilarious reading the Strength checker entry for Kuririn in the cyborg arc/Cell section part 2. They just wouldn't let the poor fella rest after repeatedly referring to how useless he was would they? The only positive remark made was that he could fly faster then bulma's ship.

This entry made me smile as well:
Chapter: 392 (DBZ 198), P13.1-5
Goku: “Hey… Piccolo! Did you go in the Room of Spirit and Time?”
Piccolo: “Indeed.”
Goku: “I can tell! You’ve risen to an entirely different level.”
Piccolo: “…Why don’t you just be frank with me? I’ve grown stronger, but even, it won’t do any good against Cell…”
Goku: “…Yeah, it won’t do any good.”
Piccolo: “Hmph…You really were frank…”

Chapter: 405 (DBZ 211), P10.2
Context: as Piccolo wants to go rescue Gohan from Cell
Goku: “Wait, Piccolo! Frankly you’re absolutely no match for him!”
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Post by cpd12589 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:11 am

WOW. :shock: That's absolutely amazing. Seriously good job writing all that down and getting it all in order. For real that's really good stuff!! :)

DBfan4life
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBfan4life » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:04 am

I just can't believe how patient you can be to do this. Thank you so much, Herms.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:28 am

Holy crap. This is amazing :D Thanks a lot for making this, Herms.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:09 am

Holy crap, it seems Christmas came early. Thank Herms and everyone who helped out this is probably one of the biggest things to happen in db forum world. Wow.

That took me 3 or 4 hours to read jesus, I can only imagine how long it took to put together. I am so exhausted jesus man. Wow.

I think the only statements that were missed in that entire post were

1) Trunks on SSJ Vegeta against Initial Semi Cell

Trunks says something like He's going to change already? Which would imply SSJ Vegeta is at least on par with Initial Semi Cell

2) Kuririn on Base Gotenks Pre Rosat

Who's knows, he might have a chance. Followed up by Yamcha's He is awfully confident kind of thing going on there.

I mean those are the only two things I could think about at all. It makes me question the validity of those statements this chart is so good. Did they not make statements like that, or did you just miss them? Just for me to have to ask that really speaks volumes about the in depthness of this piece of work.

Jesus man... Wow, I am amazed. Maybe one day, we could all work on getting these translations on the fanslations page or something. That way people could have the real translationg and read through no problem. One day perhaps.

Wow, thank you..

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:45 am

Like p123, I'm also gonna post some suggestions.

6. Nappa [#SA2#NAP]
Chapter: 228 (DBZ 34), P8.1
Context: Vegeta is unimpressed by Goku's performance.
Vegeta: "You couldn't even beat Nappa like this!" (or something like that)
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9905/055vc.jpg

3. Boo, Majin (innocent) [#BO2#BOO]
Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), p 3.4-3.7
Context: Majin Buu has just been revived.
Kaioshin(viz version): "It's too late... we can never escape now..."
Gohan: "Seriously? I admit he has a ton of chi... ... But I don't know about hopeless..."
Kaioshin: "Gohan do you mean it?!"
Gohan: "If I can use all my strength..."
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6256/116ar.jpg
I think the line is a little different in the original version.
This implies, that Teen Gohan's SSJ 2 is weaker, than initial Innocent Buu, while SSJ 2 Kid Gohan is above him.
Herms wrote:Chapter: 460 (DBZ 266), P4.1-5
Context: before Gohan fires the Kamehameha at Boo’s ball
Gohan: “An-anyhow, I’ve gone and reached my full power, so…At the very least…Uaaaah! I’ll offer this much resistance!”
Wasn't it Boo, who had reached his full power?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:04 am

@dbgtFO: No, that was a mistranslation made in the scanlations. Gohan was talking about himself.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:05 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:@dbgtFO: No, that was a mistranslation made in the scanlations. Gohan was talking about himself.
It was also a mistranslation in the viz version then.. and my danish version(not that it's anything new :x ).
And isn't it also stated like that, in the japanese anime??
Original page.

Oh and also Herms it seems like you already had taken care of the second suggestion, I had about Gohan feeling confident in his true power being enough for Majin Buu. You put it in the Gohan section([#BO2#GOH#REG]). You just didn't put it in the Innocent Buu section([#BO2#BOO]).
Here's the line:
Herms wrote:Gohan: “…Is that so?...He really does have tremendous ki, but…It doesn’t seem like so much so that there’s nothing I can do…[ ] …If I can only put out my true ability…”

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 am

I thought the Viz version got that line right? (I have no idea about the Danish translation, obviously.) What exactly did they say?

By the way, that is easily one of the coolest looking pages in Dragon Ball history. Teen Gohan is amazing! :D
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:44 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I thought the Viz version got that line right? (I have no idea about the Danish translation, obviously.) What exactly did they say?
If I'm looking at the right page, the Viz version has it like this.

Gohan: "If he's already at full-power anyway--I might as well do something!!! RAAA!!!!
Kaioshin: "Wh-what are you--?!"
Gohan: "I can't just run away!"
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!