Strength Checker

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: Strength Checker

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:41 pm

I think I've thought of a line that you missed. Doesn't Dabra say that a person with 3000 Kiri could never beat him? Which, of course, implies that he's above Super Saiyan Goku.
Herms wrote:Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P12.3-5
Context: as Gohan trains with the Z Sword
Kaioshin: “…This is absolutely unbelievable…To think that he’d become able to swing the Z Sword around so much in such a short period of time.”
Gohan: “…Father give it his all and continued training even after going to the afterlife…I’ve got to draw closer to him, even just a li-little bit…Because Ma-Majin Boo is still alive…!”
Typo.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Yes that is in there. Dabura says their shouldn't be a human race this strong.
Dabura goes on to be pretty confident about beating all three of them, logically Dabura > 3000 kiri. It appears to me that Badibi is worried about Goku's Burst when he worries if Dabura will make it back alive.

You are not going to find many mistakes. Your better off rechecking the list than just pointing out stuff.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I think I've thought of a line that you missed. Doesn't Dabra say that a person with 3000 Kiri could never beat him? Which, of course, implies that he's above Super Saiyan Goku.
That is anime only.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:I think I've thought of a line that you missed. Doesn't Dabra say that a person with 3000 Kiri could never beat him? Which, of course, implies that he's above Super Saiyan Goku.
That is anime only.
Huh? I know he has an extra line about 4000 Kiri in the anime, but I'm talking about something in the manga. After Babidi freaks out about Goku being at 3000 Kiri, I'm pretty sure Dabra says not to worry, because he can handle someone with only 3000 Kiri.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:
That is anime only.
Huh? I know he has an extra line about 4000 Kiri in the anime, but I'm talking about something in the manga. After Babidi freaks out about Goku being at 3000 Kiri, I'm pretty sure Dabra says not to worry, because he can handle someone with only 3000 Kiri.
And you sir have my permission to slap me in the face. That is right.
Last edited by Senzu_Bean on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:56 pm

I already typed the answer, and the true answer is in the list. Dabura sees 3000 kiri and still wants to take all three on at once. That speaks volumes about Dabura's strength.

lash
Regular

Post by lash » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Herms wrote:OK, got all sorts of typos and additions taken care of.
Yeah keep a lookout man. There are usually doubles or even triples of the entries you wrote with the same little mistakes.
Like "...it won’t do any good! No if Piccolo is the only one able..." and others repeat a bunch.
Make use of that "Find" tool :wink:
-Otherwise known as The God of DBG.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Epic. Loved the Appule joke. Kui is stronger though.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:12 pm

p123 wrote:I already typed the answer, and the true answer is in the list. Dabura sees 3000 kiri and still wants to take all three on at once. That speaks volumes about Dabura's strength.
True, but I think Herms is more or less going for a complete list of quotes, so why leave that line out? (Unless he left that one out on purpose...)

@Senzu_Bean: SLAP

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:46 pm

It's in there. I remember reading it. Pretty sure I remember. If I didn't pick it up the first time around I doubt there is going to be too many important ones, my memory is near photogenic when regarding the power statements.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Very amazing work, Herms (and everyone that helped). This will help a lot with discussions for sure.

The quote(s) on Gotenks' strength in the RoSaT should be included, too, I think (pretty sure someone already brought this up, but eh). I can't remember if it's one of the kids or Piccolo that say Gotenks in his normal form should be able to take Super Boo on, but yeah. That would imply that Base Gotenks then is stronger than his Super Saiyan form from before, but I'd like to see the exact quote(s) and the context if possible.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:49 pm

The Base Gotenks Post Rosat quotes are up there....Pretty much what the Viz has for the most part...

Piccolo is not as direct though, he ends the the thought with,, They MIght!!!

Only Base Gotenks Pre Rosat's Kuririn/Yamcha is really missing in regards to Gotenks. Very thorough work.

Man, what's up with all of you guys? So many of you guys are like hey they missed something... It's better to check the list again and again, or do what I did, cherrypick the quotes and display them in a post or somewhere else in which you can always run back to.

Everyone is aware of the huge debates here, I took a general list of all the things that are commonly debated and put them on a post in NeoSeeker. If you think it would be helpful for here I could post that too, but I don't know if that would be good.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Huh, I can't seem to find them... I must be blind.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:05 am

It's cause you a Nazi :)

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:45 am

Herms wrote:Frankly, I'm surprised all the people I asked to work on this were so willing to help out. Even the people who said they didn't have time were polite and said they liked the idea of this project. I was worried that I'd make some people mad, since I was basically asking them to do lots of work for me for no compensation.

So again, I’d like to thank lash, Bussani, Super Saiyan Turlast x4, Savage68, Cold Skin, Cableguy, jackjack, Kaboom, and anyone else I might be forgetting. Without their help, this project wouldn’t have been even remotely possible. I appreciate everyone's thanks, but I don't want to be taking all the credit here.
What are communities for? Feel free to ask anytime.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 pm

p123 wrote:It's cause you a Nazi :)
Lol, maybe. But I can only seem to find the pre-RoSaT quotes up there, strangely enough.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 pm

No Post Rosat quotes are there....

It's all pretty much the same as Viz...Still need to bring that issue up though, anyone want to start a thread about Gotenks with the new quotes?

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah, you said they were, though. :shock:

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Can a mod stick this thread? I guess that everyone, like me, will be looking for it all time

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Fox666 wrote:Can a mod stick this thread? I guess that everyone, like me, will be looking for it all time
I'd be willing to bet Herms'll put a link to it in his Guide Guide, which is already stickied anyway.