The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:43 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've also found out on our infamous Dragon Ball wikia a claim that this card supposedly mentions Gohan turning Super Saiyan "on top" of his Ultimate form, thus "getting stronger". Is it actually said in the text or is it one of their usual embellishments?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Same question as here.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Sat May 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello, I don't know how to go on about asking this, but can anyone translate this page, or more importantly, to me atleast, the words to the right of the two Broly heads to that are sorta of scrolling down. Or you know,everything would be nice too :D

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 pm

I just came across this image. Could someone translate these chapter names for the Super Dragon Ball Heroes manga please.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SSVegerot

Post by SSVegerot » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:57 pm

This isn't really in line with the other posts, but something has been bugging me lately. "セルゲーム" is often translated as "The Cell Games." But I've seen other sources translate it as "The Cell Game," or simply "Cell Game." Is there a real difference when it comes to translating this that other sources just aren't getting? Wouldn't it make more sense that it would be the "Cell Game" since it only entails one major event (the battle with Cell)?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Could someone translate the bonus pages from the 2nd & 3d volumes of Dragon Ball Super?

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Super C-17

Post by Super C-17 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 am

Could someone translate me Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's Visial Guide from the GT Box?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've also found out on our infamous Dragon Ball wikia a claim that this card supposedly mentions Gohan turning Super Saiyan "on top" of his Ultimate form, thus "getting stronger". Is it actually said in the text or is it one of their usual embellishments?
Complete lies. That's an IC-Carddass card, all the text on them just explains the card's effect.

These cards have official English translations, so I'll just copypaste what it says:
[Attack Skill] Draw one card when attacking a Leader, and this card gets +3,000 Power for the duration of the battle.[Continuous Effect] If your opponent’s Life is 4 or above, this card gets +1 Strike.
Yeah.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 am

Is there anything interesting here we don't already know?

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

(Accidental duplicate.)
Last edited by Li'l Lemmy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Would appreciate knowing what this quick little blurb says.

Thanks!

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 am

SSVegerot wrote:This isn't really in line with the other posts, but something has been bugging me lately. "セルゲーム" is often translated as "The Cell Games." But I've seen other sources translate it as "The Cell Game," or simply "Cell Game." Is there a real difference when it comes to translating this that other sources just aren't getting? Wouldn't it make more sense that it would be the "Cell Game" since it only entails one major event (the battle with Cell)?
Yes, there's a difference. The Japanese is セルゲーム Seru Geemu which is Cell Game. Cell Games would be have the "zu" kana unless Geemu is for both. However, there is only one event, which is the tournament so there aren't multiple games.

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:03 am

HEAD-CHA-LA Doujinshi Translation.

Anybody willing to translate the head cha la books for me? I have about 4 of the books currently cleaned and ready to be translated into english.

The books are all in hand written Japanese and are gag based with a small amount of shonen-ai on the side. There's 20 books with between 20-80 pages each. My cleans also make the text easier to read. If anybody wants to translate, PM me and I'll send you a link.

FYI I'm more than happy to typeset, in fact I'd prefer it. Here's some scans so you know what you're looking at.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SONus
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 pm

What would be an accurate translation of the word badass in Japanese?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Can anyone translate the character dialog in these 3 videos?

https://youtu.be/6LgDXdjkq6o

https://youtu.be/FDBQ6d7_1CY

https://youtu.be/zHgAsxZsXzc

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:37 am

Majin Demigra wrote:Can anyone translate the character dialog in these 3 videos?

https://youtu.be/6LgDXdjkq6o

https://youtu.be/FDBQ6d7_1CY

https://youtu.be/zHgAsxZsXzc
Don't get your hopes up.
This thread is practically dead.
Maybe try on the DBZ subreddit?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:33 pm

We've repeatedly asked that people provide some bit of context or explanation for what they're looking for, rather than just dropping an image or series of links and asking for free translation work.

Why do you want it? What about it interests you? What are you looking to learn more about? Make your enthusiasm and yearn for knowledge infectious to the point that someone can't help but want to take a look.

99% of the time it's just someone looking to prove a point in an online argument about some character's strength relative to someone else. That's really not something a lot of the translators and fluent speakers have much interest in, it's pretty transparent, and it becomes exhausting.

I know that's not a particularly helpful response right back at the very people looking for help themselves, but a little honesty goes a long way.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Potara_Vegetto

Post by Potara_Vegetto » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:41 pm

Image & Image

I'm curious about what this chapters means.

Bando
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bando » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:52 pm

[spoiler]Chapter: 487 (DBZ 293), P13.4-5
Context: after evil Boo shows up and demands to fight Gotenks
Piccolo: “Go hit Trunks and Goten to wake them up, and take them into the Room of Spirit and Time…! Even in just 1 hour, they’ll be able to do 15 days worth of training.”
Kuririn: “Heh!? If we do it now…”
Piccolo: “Can’t you tell…?! As they are now, even if they perform Fusion they can’t win, no doubt about it…! Tell them that if they don’t want to die while they’re still just little brats, then they should train as much as they can…!”[/spoiler]

Does anyone know what Kuririn is trying to say here? The Viz version says: "Huh?! They're not gonna fight now...?"

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:54 pm

VegettoEX wrote:We've repeatedly asked that people provide some bit of context or explanation for what they're looking for, rather than just dropping an image or series of links and asking for free translation work.

Why do you want it? What about it interests you? What are you looking to learn more about? Make your enthusiasm and yearn for knowledge infectious to the point that someone can't help but want to take a look.

99% of the time it's just someone looking to prove a point in an online argument about some character's strength relative to someone else. That's really not something a lot of the translators and fluent speakers have much interest in, it's pretty transparent, and it becomes exhausting.

I know that's not a particularly helpful response right back at the very people looking for help themselves, but a little honesty goes a long way.
Okay, so in context, the reason I'm interested in my recent submission is to know what it might say in relation to whatever role Goten and Trunks' role in Super might be, given that they've had barely any thus far.