The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:46 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Could someone translate this please?

Bingo! Bingo! Fun Bingo!

It's Vegeta rehearsing the Bingo dance.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks! :)
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Is there anything interesting we should know about here?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:16 pm

As I just mentioned in another thread-

It's an article in the February 2017 issue of Animedia. I ordered a copy. If there's anything worth covering, we'll do so!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Something about Super Saiyan 2 teen Gohan. Maybe it says if he used it in his fight against Dabura? If anyone could translate it if there's something worth...

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:33 am

If you were expecting new information, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. The image you shared is detailing Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 transformation against Kibito. The manga & anime already share those events.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:22 am

I was expecting something about other use of his Super Saiyan 2. Thank you!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:21 pm

Can anyone translated these Image Image
Mostly active on discord.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:38 pm

Could anyone translate the bonus pages from DBS Volume 2?

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Does this say anything about a GT manga?

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 am

Not exactly a translation request, but to anyone who's fluent in Japanese culture, what is the context behind what Gohan says here? Is he just trying to annoy Piccolo, or what? Even Kai's dub didn't know what to do with this.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:15 am

DefinitiveDubs wrote:Not exactly a translation request, but to anyone who's fluent in Japanese culture, what is the context behind what Gohan says here? Is he just trying to annoy Piccolo, or what? Even Kai's dub didn't know what to do with this.

The word game Shiritori: in Japanese each word begins with the prior's final syllable.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/728422538854830085
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:51 am

Sandubadear wrote: The word game Shiritori: in Japanese each word begins with the prior's final syllable.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/728422538854830085
Ok, but what's the punchline?

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:59 am

DefinitiveDubs wrote: Ok, but what's the punchline?
For more or less, that is the punchline.

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:04 am

Bansho64 wrote:
DefinitiveDubs wrote: Ok, but what's the punchline?
For more or less, that is the punchline.
He's replying to a tweet that doesn't exist anymore, so I gather Gohan isn't just doing this randomly.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:27 am

You're trying to go back and forth to get the other person to say a word that ends in the syllabic "n" because there isn't a word that begins with it.

Gohan's doing this to get Piccolo's attention / to get him to acknowledge him / show his persistence.

Also, I'd like to note how disappointed I am to see screenshots here from a bootleg site using rips of licensed material.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:43 am

VegettoEX wrote: Also, I'd like to note how disappointed I am to see screenshots here from a bootleg site using rips of licensed material.
What, did you want me to rip my blu-rays, search for the specific episode, then take a screenshot? It's not like I linked said site.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:45 am

DefinitiveDubs wrote:What, did you want me to rip my blu-rays, search for the specific episode, then take a screenshot?
That's generally what I do.

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:53 am

VegettoEX wrote:
DefinitiveDubs wrote:What, did you want me to rip my blu-rays, search for the specific episode, then take a screenshot?
That's generally what I do.
Well, that's you. I'm not going to go to such unnecessarily extensive lengths just to ask a question. But if you think I should have, and that constitutes a ban or something, go right ahead.