The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyan2
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by SuperSaiyan2 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:35 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
ahill1 wrote:So it's the same in the original?
Your bump-posts are deleted because there's no need to do so; if someone is going to answer, they're going to do so regardless of whether you keep asking. If anything, a continued ask works against you.
Does a double post/bump really impact your forum so negatively to warrant you deleting them? ahill1 is a nice guy, he means no harm by bumping to find an answer - he wasn't trying to come across as pushy by any means. If anything, his bump post created two valid responses from dbgtFO and Kaboom after he bumped it... so I don't see how it worked against him.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:11 am

We try to avoid needless clutter (like this side-conversation, actually!). There's no agenda here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:06 am

Can someone translate these quotes in Japanese for me, please?

"You sure talk tough but you could use more training."
"Sure to train hard case the next time we meet! I want that fight to be even more enjoyable than this!"
"What you expect?! I'm the hero of this story!"
"Man!! I'm hungry now!"
"Gohan, nice going. You've certainly gotten stronger."
"I'm a Saiyajin raised on Earth..."
"Give up your evil ways!"
"You came a long way since we last fought but looks like I'm still on top."
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:09 am

HERMS, in your amazing thread about translated DB guide, I've seen your translation of GT perfect file volume 1. I actually have also GT Perfect file volume 2, released at the end of the series. There are a lot of info about Super 17 Saga and Evil Dragons Saga...do you guys need it? keep in mind that I'm from italy...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:23 pm

We own all of the books; it's just a matter of priorities and what we feel is appropriate for actually translating on the website itself!
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSVegerot

Post by SSVegerot » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:02 am

Hello there! I've been re-reading "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman," and was wondering what the grave featured in Chapter One says. It's a bit hard to see, and because I am not familiar with either kanji or katakana, I decided that the best way to decipher this was through the "magic" of Google Translate... but I've been mostly unsuccessful. I believe I have correctly deciphered the last symbol (which looks like 子) as "child," but I could be completely wrong. It is intended to be his wife's grave so I'm not sure what children would have to do with it. Is there anyone who can help me out?

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 pm

SSVegerot wrote:picture
It's her name. 大盛 is Oomori, the family name, and 飯子 is Mamako.

SSVegerot

Post by SSVegerot » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 pm

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
SSVegerot wrote:picture
It's her name. 大盛 is Oomori, the family name, and 飯子 is Mamako.
Thanks for the help! (This whole time I was reading under the impression that Viz had left the naming order unchanged, silly me).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:41 am

Does anyone know where these images come from and what is written?

It seems I can't put the images so I'll just put the link here, I'm referring to Abo and Cado's images.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:42 pm

These two characters

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What are their names exactly? Is it Abo or Avo? Kado or Cado?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:51 pm

"Abo" is to "Avo" as "Kado" is to "Cado" as "Bejiita" is to "Vegeta".

They are アボ (abo) and カド (kado). You can transliterate their names directly as "Abo" and "Kado" if you want; that's totally fine and accurate. In this case, though, it would be similar to calling the Saiyan prince "Bejiita". We know what his name is a pun on (it's the first part of "vegetable"), and more specifically, we know that it's based on an English word.

The same goes for these two. The source of their name pun is that each is a half of アボカド (abokado), or "avocado". And since アボカド is just the Japanese approximation of our English-language word, it makes sense for us to write it "in English" based on the English alphabet spelling. Furthermore, since their names don't even change the source spelling in any way (such as making a syllable elongation), breaking it down into "Avo" and "Cado" is rather perfect.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Would like to know what this says

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:11 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Would like to know what this says

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"Gokuu decided to fight without relying on the potara. He takes on a powered up Boo with Super Saiyan 3."

München X Cisf

Post by München X Cisf » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

¿Merged Zamasu = 2 times Goku Black's power? Or is just a mistranslation.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 am

München X Cisf wrote:¿Merged Zamasu = 2 times Goku Black's power? Or is just a mistranslation.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You only had to go and check the official translation to know the answer:

Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Thu May 04, 2017 12:33 am

Could someone please translate this? Specifically the Kaioken bit.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SSVegerot

Post by SSVegerot » Sun May 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Hello again! I caught Dragon Ball Super Episode 089, and was wondering what a more literal translation of Yurin's insult for Tenshinhan would be (mitsume hage I believe). I know that Crunchyroll's subs have translated this as "Three-Eyed Baldy," and it's supposed to be an insult... but I only take the Crunchyroll subs with a grain of salt (they certainly haven't impressed me, what with their use of dub terminology and odd translations "King Kai Fist" and the like).

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Does anyone know the original text, or an "as close as possible" rendition of the infamous Gotenks' bio in the Daizenshuu? I've known the translation from Kanzentai (I think) for a long time, which reports something among the lines of "Gotenks leveled up so much that he surpassed Vegeta and the others".

I found this other translation, though, which is quite different. Again, no Japanese in sight.
"He was born through Fusion, taught to Goten and Trunks by Gokuu as a last resort, for the purpose of defeating Majin Boo, who boasted absolute strength. After going through numerous failures, the combining was eventually successful. The two of them confined themselves in the Room of Spirit and Time and rushed to carry out their training as Gotenks. As a result, they leveled up to a strength that eclipses even Vegeta's. However, they were taken in by the Boo who had absorbed his good self and powered up."
Given that their implications are different on many levels, it rekindled my curiosity.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:33 pm

What about the Super Saiyan Blue + KK bit? Thank you.

EDIT: Just copy the URL and open it in a separate tab to read it properly.

EDIT #2: Okay, even that doesn't work. Just gonna upload the relevant text.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 pm

I put it through Google Translate and got this very shoddy translation

"Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken 10 Folded King Fist In Super Saiyan Blue who has a calm heart, he succeeded in adding King Wang Fist, which doubles every fighting ability."

Makes little sense but it does say something about "double" at least.