The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 am

I think these come from the "Legend" manga or something. Hope there's something worth/new to be translated.

[spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Is there any mention about where Xeno Goku comes from? These are from the first chapter of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Demon Realm Mission manga.

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:52 am

OMG that Goku face on the last panel :lol:

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Can someone tell me what Trunks says here?
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:17 am

On page 12 of chapter 272, Goku is getting dressed in preparation for his arrival on Namek. In the bottom right panel, in Viz's translation, he opens a sack and says, "The new uniform I got from the Lord of the Worlds while I was in the hospital!" Is that accurate? I can see in the Japanese text that Kaio is definitely mentioned, but did he receive it while in the hospital? Thank you in advance.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:21 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:On page 12 of chapter 272, Goku is getting dressed in preparation for his arrival on Namek. In the bottom right panel, in Viz's translation, he opens a sack and says, "The new uniform I got from the Lord of the Worlds while I was in the hospital!" Is that accurate? I can see in the Japanese text that Kaio is definitely mentioned, but did he receive it while in the hospital? Thank you in advance.
Yeah, it is. He did indeed get it in the hospital. In chapter 56 of Z he obtains it from a cabinet in the hospital after he heals by eating a senzu bean.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:27 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:On page 12 of chapter 272, Goku is getting dressed in preparation for his arrival on Namek. In the bottom right panel, in Viz's translation, he opens a sack and says, "The new uniform I got from the Lord of the Worlds while I was in the hospital!" Is that accurate? I can see in the Japanese text that Kaio is definitely mentioned, but did he receive it while in the hospital? Thank you in advance.
Yeah, it is. He did indeed get it in the hospital. In chapter 56 of Z he obtains it from a cabinet in the hospital after he heals by eating a senzu bean.
That's a different uniform, though. That's the one with the Kaio kanji on the back, and the Kame kanji on the front. Goku wears that one from his exit from the hospital until the end of his spaceship training, by which points it's completely tattered. Then he pulls out a sack, pulls another uniform out of it, this time with the "Go" kanji on the front and back, and says he got it from Kaio in the hospital (Herms and many others confirmed the translation on Twitter). So that's the reason I asked to confirm if the hospital was mentioned. Because, despite the fact that we clearly see him take nothing with him but the clothes on his back and the bag of senzu, he somehow has another uniform with him in space that he claims he got while in the hospital.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
That's a different uniform, though. That's the one with the Kaio kanji on the back, and the Kame kanji on the front. Goku wears that one from his exit from the hospital until the end of his spaceship training, by which points it's completely tattered. Then he pulls out a sack, pulls another uniform out of it, this time with the "Go" kanji on the front and back, and says he got it from Kaio in the hospital (Herms and many others confirmed the translation on Twitter). So that's the reason I asked to confirm if the hospital was mentioned. Because, despite the fact that we clearly see him take nothing with him but the clothes on his back and the bag of senzu, he somehow has another uniform with him in space that he claims he got while in the hospital.
Are we really expecting this level of attention to detail from Toriyama? Besides, maybe someone else put in on the ship. Maybe Goku himself did it off-panel. After all, he may have received multiple uniforms.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:49 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Are we really expecting this level of attention to detail from Toriyama? Besides, maybe someone else put in on the ship. Maybe Goku himself did it off-panel. After all, he may have received multiple uniforms.
There's no way Goku did it himself. We see every step of his journey. He leaves the hospital, immediately goes to Capsule Corp., immediately gets in the ship, and immediately goes to space.

I suppose it is possible someone else, like Dr. Brief, took it with him when he was stated to visit Goku the first time, in anticipation of him taking the ship. And, then, as ludicrous as it sounds, Goku realized, "Oh, wait. That means I don't have any clothes to leave the hospital with!" So he contacts Kaio again, and Kaio's, like, "Oh, but the one I made you before was different. The neck is wider, and the boots have little dangly things on them that you didn't have before. I totally forget what kanji I put on it. So, eh, screw it. I'll just give you the old design I gave you back when you were on my planet. Why not!" It's definitely possible, but I think it's a stretch to a plot point that was already pretty silly to begin with.

I mean, honestly, other than that reason, why would Kaio need to send Goku multiple uniforms while he was in the hospital? He has no reason to think Goku would be going straight into combat. If Goku had just said on the ship that Kaio had sent him the uniform, without mentioning the hospital, it would have solved everything. Then it could be assumed Kaio sent it to him while he was on the ship. Because then you wouldn't need to figure out where this magical second uniform came from. And since he knows Goku is training in a confined location, it would make sense as to why he would think Goku would need another uniform. And the order of uniforms and their respective kanji would make a little more sense.

Personally, I think Toriyama just wrote himself into a corner. He put Goku on a spaceship and tore up his clothes without thinking about what Goku would wear after he landed. So... magically appearing uniform!

My own theory? God Capsules? So Goku had it with him the whole time, but it was so small we didn't see it. Or my personal favorite: The Uniform of Infinite Regress! In the pocket Goku's first uniform was a second, full-sized uniform. And in the pocket of that uniform was another uniform, and so on, and so on, and so on!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Are we really expecting this level of attention to detail from Toriyama? Besides, maybe someone else put in on the ship. Maybe Goku himself did it off-panel. After all, he may have received multiple uniforms.
There's no way Goku did it himself. We see every step of his journey. He leaves the hospital, immediately goes to Capsule Corp., immediately gets in the ship, and immediately goes to space.
What I mean is he already had the uniform on him when we see him blast off, it just wasn't visible. Maybe he had it in some kind of capsule or already put it away somehow.

And Goku getting multiple uniforms from Kaio isn't that farfetched, maybe Kaio decided to be a nice guy gave him multiple uniforms in different styles so Goku could pick which one he liked best.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:37 am

Is this an Accurate Translation of What Gowasu said in this line ???

Is it "Might be trying to" or is it "is becoming" the universe ???

Can someone translate it for me ???

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:51 am

DSB wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Is this an Accurate Translation of What Gowasu said in this line ???

Is it "Might be trying to" or is it "is becoming" the universe ???

Can someone translate it for me ???
DB tends to be notoriously vague and use 'maybe/perhaps/might' and 'seemingly' a lot, so I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you(that is if you want it to be a clear cut statement, that is).

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:05 am

ゴワス wrote:「ザマスは 宇宙になろうと」
(Zamasu wa uchu ni narou to)
「しているのかもしれん。」
(shite iru no kamo shiren.)
The translation is fine. Gowasu says he's trying to become the universe. Crunchyroll transcribed it directly.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:31 am

Nejishiki wrote:
ゴワス wrote:「ザマスは 宇宙になろうと」
(Zamasu wa uchu ni narou to)
「しているのかもしれん。」
(shite iru no kamo shiren.)
The translation is fine. Gowasu says he's trying to become the universe. Crunchyroll transcribed it directly.
So it means Zamasu isnt the Universe ??? And Not at all the Entire Multiverse ?

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:45 am

Given that the official release didn't clarify this to me, I would like to ask once more. What is Whis saying in this two bubbles from DBS manga chapter 13 where he talks backwards Japanese? Well, from the chonmage in the first one I suppose he's saying the invocation chanting, but I don't have a clue for the second one. Thanks in advance.

Image Image
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

visser

Post by visser » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:07 am

Could someone translate the descriptions of episodes 73 "Gohan Gets Made Into a Movie" and 74 "For The Sake of the Which [He] Loves!" please? I think there is a description along with the title in Japanese TV guides, i would include a picture but it is too small for you to see the writing properly. Someone who has it would have to do it, i think herms has the TV guide.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:59 am

Could somebody translate the BGM thing at the end of the Xenoverse 2 Jump Festa DLC trailer?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Working on a news post for this, but here's the long and short of it:

There is going to be an "Anison & BGM patch" at some point (date/pricing undecided) with a whole slew of awesome vocal tunes and BGM from the original series.

Vocal songs:
Makafushigi Adventure
I'll Give You Romance
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
We Gotta Power
We Were Angels
DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku

BGM:
Prologue & Subtitle (the recap/title card music)
A New Hero Appears
Solid State Scouter
The Fearsome Ginyu Special Force
Etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:There is going to be an "Anison & BGM patch" at some point (date/pricing undecided) with a whole slew of awesome vocal tunes and BGM from the original series.

Vocal songs:
Makafushigi Adventure
I'll Give You Romance
CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
We Gotta Power
We Were Angels
DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku

BGM:
Prologue & Subtitle (the recap/title card music)
A New Hero Appears
Solid State Scouter
The Fearsome Ginyu Special Force
Etc.
Hopefully the American version gets this.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Could someone translate this please?

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.