The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by oldboy88 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 am

this v-jump page is about the Zetsumetsu Keikaku OVG / OVA VHS cassetes i think

Fullpage:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

in this info box:
is there a precise releasedate given? Becouse here http://www.kanzenshuu.com/tidbits/saiya ... u-keikaku/ only august is stated.

edit:
i looked up: http://japanese-lesson.com/vocabulary/words/date.html >
reffering to this it should be:

Volume 1: 23. July
Volume 2: 25. August

correct?

So ... was the first VHS volume, released before DBZ Gaiden Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku for the famicom, released 6. August 1993 ?!

Fearless

Post by Fearless » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 am

Hello guys!

Can someone translate what Raditz said in this image?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 am

Could one help me?
I d want one that write me in japanese the phrase of narrator at the minute in episode 13 about Goku and Beerus god of martial arts please

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Herms (Or anyone who speaks Japanese, lol) what Yamcha's saying on the original version of this?:

Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Herms (Or anyone who speaks Japanese, lol) what Yamcha's saying on the original version of this?:
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Herms translated it for the Strength Checker:
Chapter: 14, P8.1-2
Gyuumao: “H-h-here it comes! Lord Muten Roshi’s ‘Kamehameha’!”
Puar: “In-incredible! Lord Yamcha, what the heck is the ‘Kamehameha’…?!”
Yamcha: “The ‘Kamehameha’…! It’s Muten Roshi’s grand technique, which is said to condense the latent energy within his b-body, and fire it out in one burst…! To think that I’d be able to see it with my own eyes…!”

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:10 am

From the guide that is being released in Japan. Can someone translate it?

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 am

Grimlock wrote:From the guide that is being released in Japan. Can someone translate it?
This is not from a guide; it's an interview in the January 2018 issue of Saikyo Jump.

We will of course have a full translation up on the site as soon as we get the issue in, ourselves.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:15 am

I forgot to remove the post as soon as I saw Herms' translation about it. Sorry.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Can anyone tell me if this translation of what Popo said about the Shadow Dragons on DBGT is accurate?

"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:07 pm

To spare syour precious time, here is the typed-out raw text:

ずっとずっと昔 ➡邪悪龍 他の星に現れた。 その星 たちまち滅ぼされ➡その周りの銀河 全部 滅びたという。"
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:18 am

I'm sure this excerpt from Weekly Shōnen Jump has been translated in the past, but I was unable to find it:

I know it references Goku preforming a Kaiōken x100 in Movie #4, but a proper translation(or even a link to one) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Galan007 wrote:I'm sure this excerpt from Weekly Shōnen Jump has been translated in the past, but I was unable to find it:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I know it references Goku preforming a Kaiōken x100 in Movie #4, but a proper translation(or even a link to one) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
viewtopic.php?p=511460#p511460
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Much obliged. :D

Jak-Ich'an

Post by Jak-Ich'an » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:41 pm

「マンガのすべての技術はわかりやすさのためにある」と明言した鳥嶋氏は、実際に「DRAGON BALL」のページを見せながら来場者にマンガ論を伝授。スクリーンには「漫画の基本はコマ割り」という言葉とともに、天下一武道会で悟空とピッコロが戦うシーンが映し出され、「必ず見開きで構成を考える。人間の目は不思議なもので、見開きを呆然と捉えているんです。そのうえで、1コマ目をきちっと認識している。読者の目を泳がせないように、意図したコマからコマへいくように、コマとコマの間の空間を空けるんです」「コマ割りにはロング、ミドル、アップの3つのアングルがある。このページだと、1コマ目はロングカットでピッコロと悟空がどの位置・空間・距離にいるか見せている。ロングは状況を表すカットなんです。2コマ目はミドルカットで悟空の立ちポーズを描き、動きを表しています。3コマ目はアップで表情。4コマ目はロングで悟空からのアオリ視点。1コマ目はピッコロからの俯瞰視点なのに対し、4コマ目は悟空の視点。この辺のカメラの切り替えはセンスですね」と具体的に説明し、「3つのアングルが見開きに過不足なく入っていないとマンガはわかりにくくなる」と結んだ。
This is from an article covering the presentation Torishima gave in 2017 on "How to make Akira Toriyama". In this part, Torishima is breaking down some pages of the manga panel by panel and explaining why it was made that way. I'm really curious to read what he said here but Google Translate is just turning it into gibberish. If anyone could provide a full translation that would be awesome but even the gist of it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time!

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Jak-Ich'an wrote:
「マンガのすべての技術はわかりやすさのためにある」と明言した鳥嶋氏は、実際に「DRAGON BALL」のページを見せながら来場者にマンガ論を伝授。スクリーンには「漫画の基本はコマ割り」という言葉とともに、天下一武道会で悟空とピッコロが戦うシーンが映し出され、「必ず見開きで構成を考える。人間の目は不思議なもので、見開きを呆然と捉えているんです。そのうえで、1コマ目をきちっと認識している。読者の目を泳がせないように、意図したコマからコマへいくように、コマとコマの間の空間を空けるんです」「コマ割りにはロング、ミドル、アップの3つのアングルがある。このページだと、1コマ目はロングカットでピッコロと悟空がどの位置・空間・距離にいるか見せている。ロングは状況を表すカットなんです。2コマ目はミドルカットで悟空の立ちポーズを描き、動きを表しています。3コマ目はアップで表情。4コマ目はロングで悟空からのアオリ視点。1コマ目はピッコロからの俯瞰視点なのに対し、4コマ目は悟空の視点。この辺のカメラの切り替えはセンスですね」と具体的に説明し、「3つのアングルが見開きに過不足なく入っていないとマンガはわかりにくくなる」と結んだ。
This is from an article covering the presentation Torishima gave in 2017 on "How to make Akira Toriyama". In this part, Torishima is breaking down some pages of the manga panel by panel and explaining why it was made that way. I'm really curious to read what he said here but Google Translate is just turning it into gibberish. If anyone could provide a full translation that would be awesome but even the gist of it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time!

Here.

"Everything in a manga is done to further understandability", explained Mr. Torishima, while showing pages from Dragon Ball to the attendees and initiating them to manga-ism. Below the screen showing "The basic panel distribution in manga" a scene of Goku and Piccolo fighting in the Tenkaichi Budokai was projected. "We think about composition from the way it looks when the page is opened. Human eyes are mysterious in that they are seized in amazement when opening a page. At the same time, they properly notice the first panel. So the eye doesn't wander but instead moves from panel to panel as intended, we leave space between the panels." "As for panel distribution, there are the 3 different angles, "long", "middle" and "close-up". As for this page, the first panel is a long cut showing where Goku and Piccolo are, their position and distance. "Long" shows the situation. The second panel is a middle cut, and shows Goku's standing pose and his movement. The third panel is a close-up and shows emotion. The fourth panel is a long one looking upwards from Goku's point of view. If the first panel shows Piccolos bird's eye view, the fourth panel shows Goku's perspective. This kind of camera change shows great sense", he explained in detail and concluded "If you don't have those 3 angles there on the first opening of the page, the manga becomes harder to understand".

Jak-Ich'an

Post by Jak-Ich'an » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Wow, thank you!

I love this kind of talk about artistic choices. It's not as in-depth as I thought it would be, but this is still quite interesting.
This kind of establishing shot -- with a character high up -- appears a lot throughout the manga. That's interesting to see that this is something Toriyama and Torishima studied.

[spoiler]ImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Again, thanks a lot!

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:40 am

After all this time on this forum I can't believe I just found this :shock:

I'm curious, what are the limitations to translation requests? Is this thread purely for certain lines of the show/manga or can larger requests be added, like for doujinshi titles, so long as there's interest?
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:12 am

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:After all this time on this forum I can't believe I just found this :shock:

I'm curious, what are the limitations to translation requests? Is this thread purely for certain lines of the show/manga or can larger requests be added, like for doujinshi titles, so long as there's interest?
You can, but don't get your hopes up as most won't have the time to do it of course.

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 am

Can somebody please translate the following text for me? I need a clear translation.

This is from Daizenshuu 7 btw
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:36 pm

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:Can somebody please translate the following text for me? I need a clear translation.
All of this material has been referenced by Herms in the "History of Ever" thread, with each of the Daizenshuu 7 items noted as such (you can even just search the page for "Daizenshuu 7" to highlight them).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::