Is Buucolo weaker than Super Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nam

Is Buucolo weaker than Super Buu?

Post by Nam » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Buucolo (Super Buu with Piccolo, Goten, and Trunks absorbed) is stated to be far weaker than Buutenks, that much is obvious. But i'm wondering why he wouldn't actually be weaker than Super Buu? Or maybe that is the general consensus, I don't know. Because most people consider Fat Buu weaker than Kid Buu, and Fat Buu has Southern Kaioshin and Dai Kaioshin inside of him. I am assuming that Dai Kaioshin was weaker than Buff Buu. So this should establish that absorbing someone who is weaker than himself weakens him, although I understand that part of it was Dai Kaioshin's temperament that limited Fat Buu's power.

I could be completely wrong; maybe you guys think Dai Kaioshin really is stronger than Buff Buu, because why else would Buff Buu absorb him? But anyway what i'm saying is that using the logic that Dai Kaioshin is weaker than Buff Buu, and therefore Fat Buu is weaker than Buff Buu, shouldn't Buucolo be weaker than Super Buu since Piccolo, Goten and Trunks are obviously far weaker than Super Buu?

Or maybe Buucolo is weaker than Super Buu and this is a wasted topic, lol. Hope not.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Nam

Re: Is Buucolo weaker than Super Buu?

Post by Nam » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:29 pm

So you think that Fat Buu is stronger than Buff Buu and Kid Buu?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 pm

The Kaioshin are most likely a special and mostly unpredictable case when it comes to Majin Boo.

He's pure evil, and they're, more or less, supposed to be his antithesis as pure good. Their type of energy was presumably incompatible or unsuitable for being used towards Boo's resurrection, and factors other than just their power might affect Majin Boo in strange ways when he absorbs them.

I like to think of them each restricting his power AND adding to it by some degree, depending on their individual level of "pure-ness." The South Kaioshin was a big, burly brute of a tough guy. He probably added more of his power than took it away. But the Grand Kaioshin was as kindhearted and cheerful as they come, so he would have subtracted far more power than he added, making Fat Boo so much relatively weaker than the other stronger forms.

That's my take on it, anyway.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:41 am

Didn't Goku say "Majin Boo lost over 3rd of his power" from Gotenks-Boo to Piccolo-Boo, and since Goku said "Gohan can handle you now" must be indicate that Piccolo-Boo is stronger then Super Boo.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:34 am

Booccolo = Shin Boo with Base Goten, Base Trunks, and Piccolo inside him. No difference in power at all really.

IMO Dai Kaioshin mainly just suppressed the chaotic, incredible power and evil of Chibi Boo causing him to "get weaker," but South Kaioshin was still the strongest. The reason Fat Boo looks just like Dai Kaioshin is because he had more of an IMPACT on him. That's why I personally think Booccolo looks like Piccolo even though Base Goten and Trunks are IMO much stronger, he had no use for them but was still using Piccolo's mind.
SSJ4_Zankuto wrote:Didn't Goku say "Majin Boo lost over 3rd of his power" from Gotenks-Boo to Piccolo-Boo
Just another stupid, inaccurate Funimation dub line I'm pretty sure.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

SuperForteX
Banned

Post by SuperForteX » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:47 am

In the Viz release of the manga, things are further confused. It has Goku stating "I bet Piccolo's in there, slowing you down" in the panel with Goku commenting on Buu's Piccolo-like appearance. This is obviously a mistranslation, but it has lead several fans who only experienced the manga through Viz's eyes to make the assumption that "Buucolo" is indeed weaker than Super Buu.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:34 am

SuperForteX wrote: This is obviously a mistranslation,
What is said in the original?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:09 am

Michsi wrote:
SuperForteX wrote: This is obviously a mistranslation,
What is said in the original?
I think Herms' translation was something like, "Piccolo's coming out strong now," which would instead suggest that Boo's now getting the majority of his power from the green man.

But all in all, it wouldn't be much. If Super Boo alone is a 10, then base Goten, base Trunks, and (mostly) Piccolo might all add up to put him at 11. Which isn't going to be a particularly useful increase if Gohan's at 15.
deviantART
[thread]

jackjack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jackjack » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 am

It seems to me Goku's just talking about Boo's appearance.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:43 am

Well, prior trends would suggest that Boo's appearance reflects whoever he's absorbed that is affecting his power the most (whether increasing or decreasing), so it seems like a sensible assumption to make.
deviantART
[thread]

Kirby456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kirby456 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 pm

i believe Super Buu Plus fighter increases his strength.

TanishKhatri003

Post by TanishKhatri003 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:27 am

I think that buucolo would be almost super buu in terms of strength, because piccolo's strength when compared to super buu's was not much, so even if it increased or decreased, it must not have made much of a difference.
But that's just my opinion.

TanishKhatri003

Post by TanishKhatri003 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 am

TanishKhatri003 wrote:I think that buucolo would be almost super buu in terms of strength, because piccolo's strength when compared to super buu's was not much, so even if it increased or decreased, it must not have made much of a difference.
But that's just my opinion.
I meant almost equal to.
Sorry

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:37 pm

This thread was last active almost 7 years ago. Please try to avoid resurrecting such old topics.
deviantART
[thread]