The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by nickzambuto » Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Theoretically, what type of enemy could beat goku expect the ones who punch real good of course?
Can a paranormal enemy put up a fight?

Paranormal guy vs Goku

Give this guy any paranormal ability you want, whatever you think will work on Goku, can make multiple characters for this as well
There are no otherworldly enemies powerful enough to even dent a Super Saiyan God.
If we can do ANY paranormal character than theres literal dozens of being from Marvel, DC, and other anime/manga franchises that could kill Goku with ease. Even Light with his Death Note can do it, Super Saiyan God or not.
I think that's debatable. If Super Saiyan God is more powerful than the magic of the Death Note, it probably won't be able to take effect. And I doubt anyone is going to argue Ryuk as even being a planet buster, lol

VegetaSSJBlue
Beyond Newbie

Post by VegetaSSJBlue » Sat May 06, 2017 9:54 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Strongest character in Z SSJ Cabba can beat?
SS1 Vegeta [Buu Arc]

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 06, 2017 9:55 am

So I watched clips of Movie 9 recently.

What I noticed is how Bojack and co. are huge jerks who gang up on people.

Power-scaling was generally a bit fucked in that movie imo:

Vegeta hasn't trained for an entire year while the others presumably have, seems implied to be the strongest.

Trunks beat transformed Gokua, gets one shotted by base Bojack (to be fair it was a sucker punch) They aren't killed immediately like Dozkoi or whatever because they want to psych out Gohan who they can tell is the strongest. So that's a Babidi/Dabra situation where they can tell *some* of his hidden power (perhaps his, SS1 making him the strongest of the z-crew) but presumably not the full SS2 power because otherwise they wouldn't fuck with him at all.

Trunks does recover from that whereas Krillin doesn't (TBF he was hit more times with a bigger power gap) and can fight pretty normally again.

Piccolo seems to think he has some shot against base Bojack, lands some good hits, does better and maaaaybe seems to be presented as stronger than Trunks? (Perhaps Trunks is still weakened from earlier)

Mr "hasn't trained for a year" idiot 'Geets shows up and fights better than either seemingly? Bojack transforms but only to finish them off.

SS1 Gohan isn't insta killed by the four ganging up on him, but can't take any one of them out....

So my question is, if some Senzu's were eaten first:

Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo VS Bido, Bujin, Zangya
(The three humans only intervene to cut those telekensis threads with Ki-enzans, sokidans, kikohos if they try and use that cheap shit on their main opponent.)

Bonus round:

Can a less beat up SS1 Gohan take Bojack?
Round 1: A healthier than in the movie SS1 Gohan vs Bojack on his own. We know SS2 was somewhat overkill even for Super Perfect Cell, and we know that Bojack is even weaker and less "regeneraty" than super perfect Cell.
Round 2: If Gohan hasn't been able to seal the deal, SS1 Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo, Tien, Yamcha, Kuririn VS Bojack. (Weaker people jump in as and when the fight drops to their level as the participants use up their ki)
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 am

Would any character have survived Infinite Zamasu corrupting then Future Omin-King destroying an entire timeline?

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat May 06, 2017 3:00 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Theoretically, what type of enemy could beat goku expect the ones who punch real good of course?
Can a paranormal enemy put up a fight?

Paranormal guy vs Goku

Give this guy any paranormal ability you want, whatever you think will work on Goku, can make multiple characters for this as well
There are no otherworldly enemies powerful enough to even dent a Super Saiyan God.
If we can do ANY paranormal character than theres literal dozens of being from Marvel, DC, and other anime/manga franchises that could kill Goku with ease. Even Light with his Death Note can do it, Super Saiyan God or not.
The death note can only kill humans. "The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die". Goku is an alien. Hence, he is immune.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: There are no otherworldly enemies powerful enough to even dent a Super Saiyan God.
The death note can only kill humans. "The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die". Goku is an alien. Hence, he is immune.
Yet, there are disbelievers everywhere.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 am

Shisami [Super] vs Initial Tagoma.
Shisami [Super] vs Recoome.
Roshi [Full power form] vs Kuririn. Both Super.
Yurin vs Panput.
Good Boo [Fit form] vs Super Boo.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun May 07, 2017 5:30 pm

We just got introduced to a whole bunch of sayains, so...

Raditz vs. Red Haired Sayain Gangster

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Current Goku vs. Taopaipai, except the latter has been training nonstop since we last saw him and the episode is written by the DBS creative team...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon May 08, 2017 3:14 am

nickzambuto wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: There are no otherworldly enemies powerful enough to even dent a Super Saiyan God.
I think that's debatable. If Super Saiyan God is more powerful than the magic of the Death Note, it probably won't be able to take effect. And I doubt anyone is going to argue Ryuk as even being a planet buster, lol
The death note can only kill humans. Goku is not human.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 08, 2017 4:20 am

nickzambuto wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
The death note can only kill humans. Goku is not human.
Everyone always seems to forget that little detail.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon May 08, 2017 10:40 am

ZombieVito wrote:Shisami [Super] vs Initial Tagoma.
Yurin vs Panput.
Base Gohan, who was way weaker than Tagoma, controlled Shisami fairly easy. Tagoma one shots.
Shisami should be stronger.
Kuririn, easily. Tenshinhan understimated Roshi and made a fool of himself when was affected by Kame-sennin's lightining attack.
Yurin seems to be a magic user and the only impressive feat we've seen in the episode, were their seals being unnafected by Chaozu's multiple telekenesis attack. However, Chaozu managed to control her with his power when Goku fired his Kamehameha. If she can't use another moves, Panput gets this.
Base Goku was able to fight Fit Buu, Super Buu was stronger than SSJ3 Goku back in DBZ, I'd say Super Buu gets this.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Current Goku vs. Taopaipai, except the latter has been training nonstop since we last saw him and the episode is written by the DBS creative team...
Tao Pai Pai is able to trade some fists with Goku pretty much like we saw Goku & Kame-sennin did in the last episode. But he's not strong enough for Goku to be impressed by his new developed power so no "You are strong! I'm getting excited!" for Tao.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 am

The_Destroyer wrote:We just got introduced to a whole bunch of sayains, so...

Raditz vs. Red Haired Sayain Gangster
Impossible to come to any conclusion since she hasn't thrown a single punch.

Shlugo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shlugo » Mon May 08, 2017 11:54 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Base Goku was able to fight Fit Buu, Super Buu was stronger than SSJ3 Goku back in DBZ, I'd say Super Buu gets this.
But Base Goku is stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks, who was a match for Super Buu.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 08, 2017 12:20 pm

The gr wrote:-goku Saiyan Saga vs cui
-cyber tao vs tambourine and drum
-ss1 vegito vs ss4 Goku
-semi perfect cell vs kid trunks ss1
-imperfect cell vs Goten ss1
- Kwi doesn't strike me as being anywhere near as durable and resilient as Vegeta. With the Kaio-Ken x3, Goku's actually going to be able to severely cripple Kwi and finish the fight quickly.
- I can't be bothered to brush up on my pre-Raditz strength comparisons, but something tells me Cyborg Tao could take these guys one at a time, but not both at once.
- The best we have to go by is a vague guidebook comparison suggesting that Super Vegetto might possibly be on a Super Saiyan 4 level. So I'm going to be equally non-committal and say this fight could feasibly go either way.
- In my book, SS Trunks and Goten are on roughly the same level that Vegeta and Future Trunks were during the Cell Games. That's considerably stronger than Stage-2 Cell, so Trunks wins this fight easily as long as he doesn't get overconfident and majorly screw up somehow.
- Ditto, except it's a potentially even easier win for Goten against the even weaker Stage-1 Cell.
Gog wrote:SS3(GT) Goku V Kid Buu
By GT Logic, Goku can now easily beat Boo in just his base form. By Normal Logic, Goku still needs Super Saiyan 3, but has advanced enough that he can now pull off an easy win before he loses too much stamina and energy.
Gog wrote:Future Gohan V Finial Form 100% Freeza (No stamina drain)
I'm not sure exactly when, but I'd assume Gohan eventually became comfortably stronger than Freeza sometime well before the Androids maimed him.
Gog wrote:Super Hirudegarn V Janemba.
My response to Toei's old website bit saying that Janemba was stronger than Hirudegarn has pretty much always been, "sure, why not?" So Janemba's the stronger one, but probably not by very much. The fight between them all comes down to whether or not Janemba's smart enough to figure out and work around Hirudegarn's intangibility trick.
ZombieVito wrote:Pre 25th TB Videl vs BoDB Goku.
Guldo vs Post Kaio Goku. No Kaioken or paralysis.
Shin vs CG SSJ Goku. No paralysis.
- I'm sure Goku wins. Even after her training with Gohan, Videl might have a moderate advantage in power level (i.e. amount of ki), but Goku's natural physiological advantages from being a Saiyan would more than make up for it.
- Hard to say, since we don't know for sure what Gurd's power level actually is.
- They're similar in strength, but Goku is the far better fighter, and I get the impression Saiyans are a lot physically tougher and stronger than Core-People too. Goku wins.
Nekis13 wrote:Buuhan vs Janemba?
Gohan-Boo is moderately stronger, and I don't think Janemba's special abilities will quite let him make up for it.
Gog wrote:Ginyu V Piccolo(Namek, pre fusion)
It's mostly arbitrary, but I don't estimate Piccolo as quite that strong before merging with Nail. He wasn't on Kaio's planet for all that long, and despite his confidence all he knew was that he'd potentially be fighting someone "stronger than Vegeta." I gave him a power level of 35,000, which obviously won't let him do much of anything against Captain Ginyu.
The gr wrote:Gotenks ss1 vs majin Buu
piccolo vs dabura
- Kind of vague match-up, and I'm not sure this is exactly what you're going for... but I think Gotenks' time in the Room of Spirit and Time finally made his Super Saiyan 1 state a match for Fat Boo.
- Piccolo back in the Boo arc was weaker than Kaioshin, who was weaker than the Super Saiyans, and Dabra was at least a match for Super Saiyan 1 Gohan if not stronger. Piccolo would lose here.
The gr wrote:Cell games Goku vs dabura
Future Gohan vs Android saga Vegeta
- Goku's at a bit too much of a power disadvantage here.
- Android-arc Vegeta is MUCH stronger than Future Gohan ever managed to become.
Bullza wrote:Mecha Frieza vs Super Saiyan Goku on Namek.
Freeza's equal to Goku in power now by my figures, and given Goku's newness with Super Saiyan I think the odds are actually in Freeza favor now. Something like 60/40.
Noah wrote:How strong would be these characters if they got the same boost Gohan received after Elder Kai's Unlock Ability?
Let's see... counting Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 as his prior top power, and then using the difference between that and his Ultimate state, which for me is about 25x, and then slapping that onto my own made-up numbers for the top powers of the Majin Boo arc characters...

Muten Roshi ends up roughly equal to Saiyan-arc Piccolo (I don't know exactly how strong the old guy's buff form makes him and don't have a number for it, so I'm just using his standard 139 reading). Chaozu has an edge over 1st-form Freeza. Yajirobe is about as strong as Namek-arc Vegeta. Yamcha can give 2nd-form Freeza a good fight. Tenshinhan can tango with "Super Saiyan" Vegeta on Namek. Kuririn can fight initial true-form Freeza even better than Goku could. 17 and 18 are now a match for SS2 Goku and Vegeta. Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo can all now fight evenly with and outlast SS3 Goku. Vegeta can edge out a win over Gotenks-Boo and give Gohan-Boo a good fight. Goku soundly surpasses everyone except possibly Super Vegetto.
Mattdos wrote:LSSJ Broly Vs. GT SSJ Kid Goku
GT Logic: Our lord and master Son Goku has soundly surpassed every single Z character with just his base form, so Broli is defeated effortlessly. Normal Logic: Goku's no doubt improved, but something tells me Super Saiyan 1 wouldn't quite be enough to get the job done. He'd probably need Super Saiyan 2, but that would make it easy.
jeffbr92 wrote:Mr. Satan vs. BoDB Kid Goku (equal power)
If by "equal power" you mean power levels, i.e. amount of ki, then Goku's Saiyan physiology still gives him a substantial edge in raw physical strength and durability, so he wins. If not, and they're literally both the same strength in all respects, then Mr. Satan's actually much more of an experienced martial artist, and a full-grown adult to boot, so he wins.
Ki Breaker wrote:Strongest opponent Mr satan could beat if his power is same as his opponent
Honestly, probably most people who don't use fancy ki-based "tricks" to fight. The dude did legitimately win a World Tournament, remember?
nickzambuto wrote:Piccolo, Kuririn, and Gohan all fall through a time warp that transports them back in time, to the day of the Saiyans battle, right at the start of the three hour break. They are all in their old bodies and have their old power levels, but have retained all their memories. They decide they want to destroy Nappa themselves. With the three hour break to formulate a strategy, and their foreknowledge, can the team do it?
The main factor is that Gohan has his older mind and thus doesn't puss out this time, so any strategy they craft will most likely succeed this time and deal some significant damage to Nappa. Especially if it involves Kuririn's Kienzan. I'm sure the team takes some damage themselves in the process, but they would eventually be able to wear Nappa down.
nickzambuto wrote:Super Spirit Bomb (that killed Boo) runs the gauntlet.
Even if the amount of power the Spirit Bomb packed was overkill for Pure Boo, there's a HUUUGE power difference between him and even the first target on this list. I doubt it's strong enough to even significantly damage Gohan-Boo.
nickzambuto wrote:Tenshinhan trains under Kaioshin and masters the Kaioken during the three years waiting for the androids. He returns home right on time to meet Gero along with the gang. What happens?
Tenshinhan's relatively frail 99%-Earthling body can only handle, at best, probably like a x5 Kaio-Ken. Plus being an Earthling rather than a Saiyan or Namekian with other natural advantages to training, his normal base power level doesn't drastically improve and approach the Android arc's heavy-hitters either. He remains useless in direct combat against any of the Androids.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Majin Dabura vs. Fifth Form King Cold.
2) Super Buu (Base Form) vs. Grey Buu and Kid Buu.
1) Since Cold at his best (meaning in whatever his true form is) is supposed to be somewhat weaker than Freeza, then even giving him Coola's "Super" form on top of that won't matter much in this fight. Dabra is still far, FAR stronger and wins easily.
2) Pure Boo is only a fraction as strong as Evil Boo, and Pure Evil Boo is at worst weaker than Fat Boo and at best equal to Pure Boo depending on what theory for him you subscribe to. Evil Boo can wreck both of them at the same time.
TobyS wrote:Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo VS Bido, Bujin, Zangya
(The three humans only intervene to cut those telekensis threads with Ki-enzans, sokidans, kikohos if they try and use that cheap shit on their main opponent.)
If Bojack's crew don't get to gang up on their opponents and are limited to one-on-one fights without their restraint tricks? Yeah, we already saw how that would go down with Trunks vs Gokua. The bad blue crew get wrecked. Piccolo's the only one who might have some trouble.
TobyS wrote:Can a less beat up SS1 Gohan take Bojack?
Round 1: A healthier than in the movie SS1 Gohan vs Bojack on his own. We know SS2 was somewhat overkill even for Super Perfect Cell, and we know that Bojack is even weaker and less "regeneraty" than super perfect Cell.
Round 2: If Gohan hasn't been able to seal the deal, SS1 Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo, Tien, Yamcha, Kuririn VS Bojack. (Weaker people jump in as and when the fight drops to their level as the participants use up their ki)
In both rounds, SS Gohan has a slight power advantage over regular blue Bojack. He could probably win on his own in Round 1 if he tried his best, but getting help from Vegeta in Round 2 would help make it happen right off the bat. But in either round, full-power green Bojack is equivalent to full-power Perfect Cell, and with or without help Gohan can't overcome that without Super Saiyan 2.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dbzfan619

Post by dbzfan619 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Current Roshi (DBS) vs King Kai? Who wins?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 pm

SSJB Vegeta vs. Toppo
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 pm

dbzfan619 wrote:Current Roshi (DBS) vs King Kai? Who wins?
We've never seen Kaio fight, so just based on that Roshi wins.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:23 pm

dbzfan619 wrote:Current Roshi (DBS) vs King Kai? Who wins?
I don't know how strong Roshi is, but I think by this point Roshi would defeat him easily, if we go by how Super's writing is.

This one I'd like to know:
BOD Krillin vs BOD Yamcha

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 am

ZombieVito wrote:Shisami [Super] vs Initial Tagoma.
Yurin vs Panput.
- Sorbet said Shisami was the strongest warrior of the Freeza army, so he wins.
- Shisami is as strong as Zarbon and Dodoria, which means Recoome slaughters him.
- Krillin.
- Pamput is a proper fighter, Yurin isn't. He wins easily.
- Buu gained speed and power but I don't think it's enough to even reach Super Buu's strenght.