The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:42 pm

TobyS wrote: Nonsense. Name the power inconsistencies in the manga, except Goku black base/ss1 - vegeta/Goku etc.
I was talking about inconsistencies in general, but if we are talking about strictly power scaling, then it becomes a closer comparison. Additionally, it automatically seems closer because the manga is shorter and inherently is going to have fewer inconsistencies because of it. It doesn't even cover the RoF arc and is generally shorter than the anime because there's no "filler."(And this is where a good portion of the "inconsistencies" in the anime come from.)As you seem to want to minimize and disregard, the entire Goku Black arc made no sense power scaling wise. The arc portrayed that:

Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta > Super Saiyan Goku Black > Goku Black > Super Saiyan 3 Goku ~ Super Saiyan 2 Full Power Trunks

Which is ridiculous.

Along with:
Kale vs Pride Troopers
Goku vs Toppo/Dyspo
Kefla vs Gohan
Roshi vs Jiren

Just to name a few during the current arc.
Anime has hundreds.
This is just laughably exaggerated. There are inconsistencies, probably maybe even too many of them when compared to the original source material, but hundreds is hilariously hyperbolic.
Manga DBS Roshi vs Buu Arc Vegito
TOP SSJG Goku vs U6 Hit
Current Base Goku & Vegeta vs Buuhan
Roshi stomps
Hit wins with mild difficulty
Either of the Saiyans one shot with a fraction of their power

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote: Current Base Goku & Vegeta vs Buuhan
- Buuhan, no contest. The "Beyond God State" isn't a thing anymore, so they would need divine ki to win.
True. DBS Goku and Vegeta are only strong with their god forms (and UI).
Their base power levels are obviously much higher than in Buu arc but still lower than Buuhan without a question.
AvatarReiko wrote:Manga DBS Roshi vs Buu Arc Vegito
Stop XD

This is even more ridiculous than than DBS Piccolo vs Omega Shenron that was asked recently
What makes you think Vegito would even feel his attacks. Jiren wasn't fighting serious and he was surprised by his movements but when he focused he one shotted him with fraction of his power. And all what Roshi was doing was evading him.
Any form of Buu would still kill Roshi in single hit.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:01 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
TOP SSJG Goku vs U6 Hit
- Buuhan, no contest. The "Beyond God State" isn't a thing anymore, so they would need divine ki to win.
The "Saiyan Beyond God" no longer exists, it was movie-only, but their base form is still super strong and makes Buuhan look like an ant in comparison. This is portrayed clearly throughout the entirety of DBS

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:37 pm

TOP SSJG Goku vs U6 Hit
- Roshi wins.
- Hit stomps.
- Either Goku or Vegeta one shot.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Nevaeh wrote:Manga Roshi vs Manga Merged Zamasu
Merged Zamasu stomps.
TOP SSJG Goku vs U6 Hit
-Vegito stomps
-If you go by the manga, Goku solidly. If you go by the anime, then Hit solidly.
-Idk at this point. I guess Buuhan, but I could see anime versions winning.
ricky84 wrote:How strong do you think Cell would be if he trained all 13 years since the Cell Games and competed in the ToP? How strong do you think he would be comparable to?
Mastered Blue/kaioken level or possibly above, but below UI and Jiren.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
- Roshi wins.
How does Roshi win? It was flat out stated his power level was still low, and he was only able to dodge with skill. Roshi can dodge Vegito for a few seconds, but he can't even damage Vegito and eventually he will be hit, possibly be an AOE attack and he will die in one shot.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:19 pm

TOP SSJG Goku vs U6 Hit
Roshi only lasted a few seconds because Jiren underestimated how hard he'd be to hit for his power level (which Kahseral, someone weaker than base Goku, said was "low as dirt") before he quickly adjusted and knocked him out with a chop. He loses to Namek Freeza, much less anyone after him.

I think this Goku would be essentially identical to Goku from the U6 tournament since he was implied not to be training much after. Could go either way.

Namek Freeza is enough again.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:32 pm

dragon boss z wrote: How does Roshi win? It was flat out stated his power level was still low, and he was only able to dodge with skill. Roshi can dodge Vegito for a few seconds, but he can't even damage Vegito and eventually he will be hit, possibly be an AOE attack and he will die in one shot.
Roshi still has a ton of techniques to give him the win though. Mafuuba and all the tricks he pulled against Goku in their fight at the Budokai.

And even without any of those tricks he still defeated Kahseral. Not saying Kahseral is comparable to Vegetto, but Roshi didn't even have to try to defeat the guy.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:41 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
TOP SSJG Goku vs U6 Hit
Roshi only lasted a few seconds because Jiren underestimated how hard he'd be to hit for his power level (which Kahseral, someone weaker than base Goku, said was "low as dirt") before he quickly adjusted and knocked him out with a chop. He loses to Namek Freeza, much less anyone after him.
I completely agree with you here. I don't know why some people are so fixed on Roshi having to be near god tear now even though it was flat out stated his power level was still low as dirt. Sure he could dodge hits from someone like Frieza, but he isn't strong enough to damage his opponent so he can't kill them. He was lucky he only had to knock people out in the ToP.
Namek Freeza is enough again.
I disagree here, though I used to think this as well. Goku was able to fight assault form Frost pretty well and when we thought he was losing he got up and was undamaged and said he was finally warmed up, implying he wasn't at his limit in his base form yet. Piccolo acted like Frost would be a better match for him in his assault form, but still held his own against final form Frost. In the ToP, final form Frieza was slightly weaker than ssj Caulifla, so if he is still supposed to be around buu tier in his final form then that means Goku's ssj should at least be around buu tier by that point. I would say base Goku and Vegeta post Whis training could still possibly be below namek Frieza, but I think they are more like semi perfect to perfect Cell level now. This is also backed up by base Goku being shown to be above supreme kai level now, who were supposed to be above namek Frieza. Also Goku always has Kaioken which would definitely be enough at this point. I agree they lose to Buuhan though.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Roshi still has a ton of techniques to give him the win though. Mafuuba and all the tricks he pulled against Goku in their fight at the Budokai.
And even without any of those tricks he still defeated Kahseral. Not saying Kahseral is comparable to Vegetto, but Roshi didn't even have to try to defeat the guy.
Well he could possibly win with mafuuba, but that's about it. And Kahseral could be as weak as the Ginyu force, he isn't a good gauge, and all he did was knock him out.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:27 pm

dragon boss z wrote:How does Roshi win? It was flat out stated his power level was still low, and he was only able to dodge with skill. Roshi can dodge Vegito for a few seconds, but he can't even damage Vegito and eventually he will be hit, possibly be an AOE attack and he will die in one shot.
At the end of the day, regardless of the rationalization, Roshi was dodging hits from somebody who should be millions of time stronger than Vegetto, and while his power level may be considered "low" in that instance, in this case Vegetto would also be considered to be weak in this context, so it wouldn't necessarily contradict anything if someone were to say Manga Roshi could beat SSJ Vegetto. Especially since he was able to easily dispose of Kahseral who was one of the stronger fighters in the Tournament. Now, after reading the chapter I would lean towards Vegetto myself, It needs to be acknowledged that an argument can be made over manga roshi over SSJ Vegetto.
And Kahseral could be as weak as the Ginyu force, he isn't a good gauge, and all he did was knock him out.
How could the general of the Pride Troopers who is one of the strongest warriors in his Universe possibly only be Ginyu level? This late in the game characters like Ginyu are completely irrelevant even going by the dramatically slower power progression of the manga iteration of the story. Again, Universe 7 is considered the 2nd weakest Universe behind Universe 9 by "mortal level" and so one of the strongest warriors of Universe 11 should not be weaker than a weak character like Ginyu who has long since been history.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:42 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
ricky84 wrote:How strong do you think Cell would be if he trained all 13 years since the Cell Games and competed in the ToP? How strong do you think he would be comparable to?
Considering how strong Freeza got in just 4 months in addition to the fact that Cell has saiyan DNA, I honest believe Cell would be suppressed Merged Zamasu level from the anime, if not at least half of his power.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:47 pm

How strong do you think Caulifla and Cabba would be right after unlocking SSB? Would they be equal or relative to a post-ToP SSB Goku & Vegeta or not?

And how strong do you think Kale would become after training under Vados (or even Goku & Vegeta) for at least a year and a half? Would she become DBS Broly level, Champa/Beerus level, or something else?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:52 pm

dragon boss z wrote: I would say base Goku and Vegeta post Whis training could still possibly be below namek Frieza
RandomGuy96 wrote:Namek Freeza is enough again.
Mind you that albeit off screen, FnF is still a thing, so Goku and Vegeta still being weaker than Namek Freeza in base is straight up impossible.
Well he could possibly win with mafuuba, but that's about it. And Kahseral could be as weak as the Ginyu force, he isn't a good gauge, and all he did was knock him out.
He also has hypnosis, Bankoku-Bikkuri-Shou (That shock technique he used on Goku before he went Oozaru), paralysis arts and whatnot.

The Pride Troopers together could give trouble to Goku and made him go Super Saiyan, so it's doubtful that Kahseral would be Ginyu Force level, specially when he's supposed to be a big deal within the troop, bein the captain and all.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:06 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: I would say base Goku and Vegeta post Whis training could still possibly be below namek Frieza
RandomGuy96 wrote:Namek Freeza is enough again.
Mind you that albeit off screen, FnF is still a thing, so Goku and Vegeta still being weaker than Namek Freeza in base is straight up impossible.
Well I don't think that the FnF movie is supposed to be considered in the manga because their Base forms clearly aren't being shown to be as strong as they were in RoF and I think Toyotaro may have just disregarded the events of it when he skipped it. I do find it confusing myself

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:17 pm

PFM18 wrote: At the end of the day, regardless of the rationalization, Roshi was dodging hits from somebody who should be millions of time stronger than Vegetto, and while his power level may be considered "low" in that instance, in this case Vegetto would also be considered to be weak in this context, so it wouldn't necessarily contradict anything if someone were to say Manga Roshi could beat SSJ Vegetto. Especially since he was able to easily dispose of Kahseral who was one of the stronger fighters in the Tournament. Now, after reading the chapter I would lean towards Vegetto myself, It needs to be acknowledged that an argument can be made over manga roshi over SSJ Vegetto.
First off I don't think Jiren is even near millions of times stronger than Vegetto. Imo SSG was maybe 10x stronger than ssj Vegetto, with MSSB 5x stronger than SSG, and Jiren (as shown so far in the manga) a few time stronger than that. That's not even thousands of times stronger.
How could the general of the Pride Troopers who is one of the strongest warriors in his Universe possibly only be Ginyu level?
Captain Ginyu was the leader of the strongest gang of mercenaries in the universe as well and Frieza thought nobody besides himself (and his fatehr) was stronger than Ginyu in the entire universe.
This late in the game characters like Ginyu are completely irrelevant even going by the dramatically slower power progression of the manga iteration of the story. Again, Universe 7 is considered the 2nd weakest Universe behind Universe 9 by "mortal level" and so one of the strongest warriors of Universe 11 should not be weaker than a weak character like Ginyu who has long since been history.
Mortal level seems to have nothing to do with strength. Mortal level would be like how a bug would be low and a human would be high. On average universe 7 had a lower mortal ranking than other universe, but that doesn't mean they were weaker.
ricky84 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Considering how strong Freeza got in just 4 months in addition to the fact that Cell has saiyan DNA, I honest believe Cell would be suppressed Merged Zamasu level from the anime, if not at least half of his power.
Merged Zamasu is mastered SSB/kk tier or possibly above, but below UI and Jiren, so you agree with me then.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: He also has hypnosis, Bankoku-Bikkuri-Shou (That shock technique he used on Goku before he went Oozaru), paralysis arts and whatnot.
All of those would be overcome by Vegito except maybe the hypnosis, but I doubt Vegito would just stand there.
The Pride Troopers together could give trouble to Goku and made him go Super Saiyan, so it's doubtful that Kahseral would be Ginyu Force level, specially when he's supposed to be a big deal within the troop, bein the captain and all.

I don't think he is that low either, but technically he could be. Captain Ginyu was the captain of the strongest fighting force in his respective universe as well. I would say Kahseral is around namek Frieza to android tier, and with a bunch of back up close to that level with special powers was enough to make Goku go ssj.
ricky84 wrote:How strong do you think Caulifla and Cabba would be right after unlocking SSB? Would they be equal or relative to a post-ToP SSB Goku & Vegeta or not?
They would be RoF to U6 Blue level if they just went SBB as of now. If they trained to get it they would probably be ToP blue level at least by that point.
And how strong do you think Kale would become after training under Vados (or even Goku & Vegeta) for at least a year and a half? Would she become DBS Broly level, Champa/Beerus level, or something else?
Probably close to GoD level, but not quite.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:55 pm

dragon boss z wrote: All of those would be overcome by Vegito except maybe the hypnosis, but I doubt Vegito would just stand there.

I don't think he is that low either, but technically he could be. Captain Ginyu was the captain of the strongest fighting force in his respective universe as well. I would say Kahseral is around namek Frieza to android tier, and with a bunch of back up close to that level with special powers was enough to make Goku go ssj.
Not really. Vegetto could definitely overpower the Bankoku-Bikkuri-Shou given how it only took Oozaru Goku to break it apart. But Roshi's paralysis, for example, is based on touching a pressure point on the forehead, so at leat he can do this. Drunken fist is a series of unpredictable attacks.

If anything that supports my point. The Ginyu Force teaming up got ragdolled by Goku, whereas the Pride Troopers together gave a infinitely stronger Goku trouble enough to make him go Super Saiyan. The average Pride Trooper should fall somewhere in between Base and SSJ Goku, but closer to the later. IMO that places them somewhere between Boo Arc SSJ Vegetto and somewhere above SSJ3 Vegetto.
PFM18 wrote:Well I don't think that the FnF movie is supposed to be considered in the manga because their Base forms clearly aren't being shown to be as strong as they were in RoF and I think Toyotaro may have just disregarded the events of it when he skipped it. I do find it confusing myself
It probably wasn't much different from the movie if at all. Super is based on script from Toriyama, and with Toyotaro deciding to skip this arc it probably went out like on Toriyama's script, that was used for the movie. Either way, the majority of the implications points out to all three scenarios (Manga, Anime and Movie) only having minor differences from each other.

So if you want to lowball things, the lowest we can go here is Base Goku/Vegeta >> SSJ Gohan and Piccolo and that's ignoring how the U6 arc implies God forms aren't tenfold above the golden forms. Still a far cry from them being below Freeza. Them being weaker than Freeza in Z is already doubtful, let alone in Super after they've trained with Whis.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Not really. Vegetto could definitely overpower the Bankoku-Bikkuri-Shou given how it only took Oozaru Goku to break it apart. But Roshi's paralysis, for example, is based on touching a pressure point on the forehead, so at leat he can do this. Drunken fist is a series of unpredictable attacks.
Considering Vegito was able to fight back as a candy while everyone else became an inanimate object, I doubt any of Roshi's moves will really work.
The average Pride Trooper should fall somewhere in between Base and SSJ Goku, but closer to the later.
I definitely disagree here. Goku would molly wop any of them in base. He just had problems with the numbers. Same reason Piccolo and Gohan had trouble with the U9 fighters. Piccolo had just as much trouble if not more than Goku, yet Piccolo beat Bergamo, U9's strongest fighter 1v1 easily. Base Goku should be above all of them individually.
IMO that places them somewhere between Boo Arc SSJ Vegetto and somewhere above SSJ3 Vegetto.
I definitely don't agree with this. There is no indication of manga goku being even close to that level.
Base Goku had trouble with assault form Frost (I believe Goku wasn't going all out though), but should at best be around final form Frost in base. Piccolo was able to give final form Frost a run for his money. That means final form Frost and base Goku can't be much stronger than super perfect Cell or good Buu as Piccolo is still weaker than good Buu at that point.
If we accept final form Frieza as still being around or above buu level, that would put ssj Caulifla a bit above ssj3 Z Goku, and she should be around but a bit weaker than Goku at that time imo.
I think all of these pretty much add up to Piccolo<base Goku<final form Frost<=>Buu<=final form Frieza<ssj Goku<ssj Vegito. And I would say all the pride troopers by themselves are all weaker than Piccolo. They are definitely all weaker than Frost, who Piccolo challenged.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:22 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:It probably wasn't much different from the movie if at all. Super is based on script from Toriyama, and with Toyotaro deciding to skip this arc it probably went out like on Toriyama's script, that was used for the movie. Either way, the majority of the implications points out to all three scenarios (Manga, Anime and Movie) only having minor differences from each other.
I mean the movie clearly portrayed their base forms as massively stronger even calling their base forms stronger than SSG and calling it "Saiyan Beyond God" it is definitely a far cry from what we see in the manga in terms of the strength of the Base Saiyans.

Also, I think there are pretty major differences in between the three mediums as far as the power scaling is concerned.
dragon boss z wrote: First off I don't think Jiren is even near millions of times stronger than Vegetto. Imo SSG was maybe 10x stronger than ssj Vegetto, with MSSB 5x stronger than SSG, and Jiren (as shown so far in the manga) a few time stronger than that. That's not even thousands of times stronger.
Yeah I think it is probably exaggerating calling it a million times stronger in the manga iteration. I think it is reasonable to say that is the case in the anime, but obviously the manga is on a much smaller scale. Either way, we see that:

SSJ3 Vegetto<<<SSG<<SSB<<CSSB with several arcs worth of training in there and Jiren makes CSSB look like absolutely nothing so I think it is fair to say manga Jiren is thousands of times stronger than Vegetto and such a gap cannot simply be bridged with this technique that Roshi used. Power always plays a huge role in this franchise and he may not have had the same level of power as suppressed Jiren, and his power was considered low, but he still must be strong in the context of Z if he can give suppressed Jiren any trouble whatsoever and he can easily dispose of Kahseral.
Captain Ginyu was the leader of the strongest gang of mercenaries in the universe as well and Frieza thought nobody besides himself (and his fatehr) was stronger than Ginyu in the entire universe.
Still, in the grand scheme of Universe 7 Ginyu is a joke compared to Cell, Dabura, Buu, Yakon, Goku, Freeza, Vegeta, 16,17, and 18. It wouldn't make much sense as somebody who is touted as being one of the strongest in their Universe to being anything close to Ginyu.
Mortal level seems to have nothing to do with strength. Mortal level would be like how a bug would be low and a human would be high. On average universe 7 had a lower mortal ranking than other universe, but that doesn't mean they were weaker.
We are never given an explicit meaning to the phrase, but if it had nothing to do with strength whatsoever, it would lose a lot of value in regards to the exposition of the phrase. The premise was essentially that, "You may have defeated Universe 9, but they are the weakest Universe", as to hype up the fighters in the ToP and give a sense of the U7 fighters having their work cut out for them. As in, to say that they may have been able to defeat them but they are nothing to the rest of the Universes and we clearly see that this is the case when the ToP starts and they are almost immediately eliminated. Otherwise, it would be next to meaningless dialogue.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 pm

PFM18 wrote: I mean the movie clearly portrayed their base forms as massively stronger even calling their base forms stronger than SSG and calling it "Saiyan Beyond God" it is definitely a far cry from what we see in the manga in terms of the strength of the Base Saiyans.
Also, I think there are pretty major differences in between the three mediums as far as the power scaling is concerned.
It was never actually called saiyian beyond god in the movie itself, and when I watched the movie to me it seemed much weaker than SSG. I felt SSB was about SSG level bit a bit above (as SSG was 60% Beerus in BoG). but I agree with the rest of what you said.
dragon boss z wrote: Yeah I think it is probably exaggerating calling it a million times stronger in the manga iteration. I think it is reasonable to say that is the case in the anime, but obviously the manga is on a much smaller scale. Either way, we see that:
SSJ3 Vegetto<<<SSG<<SSB<<CSSB with several arcs worth of training in there and Jiren makes CSSB look like absolutely nothing so I think it is fair to say manga Jiren is thousands of times stronger than Vegetto
My scale as of now would go
ssj Vegito: 1
ssj3 Vegito: 8
SSG Goku: 10
SSB Goku: 20
MSSB Goku: 50
suppressed Jiren: 100

So I have full power Jiren somewhere from hundreds to maybe thousands of times ssj Vegito depending on how strong full power Jiren ends up being in the manga.
and such a gap cannot simply be bridged with this technique that Roshi used. Power always plays a huge role in this franchise and he may not have had the same level of power as suppressed Jiren, and his power was considered low, but he still must be strong in the context of Z if he can give suppressed Jiren any trouble whatsoever and he can easily dispose of Kahseral.
Kahseral said Roshi's power level was low as dirt, so compared to someone like him who imo is only around Piccolo level at best, Roshi would still be much weaker than Piccolo power level wise, who is weaker than Buu. Roshi probalby would be considered strong compared to the rest of U7 now, but not compared to what we've actually seen, like Frieza, Cell, and Buu.
Still, in the grand scheme of Universe 7 Ginyu is a joke compared to Cell, Dabura, Buu, Yakon, Goku, Freeza, Vegeta, 16,17, and 18. It wouldn't make much sense as somebody who is touted as being one of the strongest in their Universe to being anything close to Ginyu.
Frieza dominated the universe in his first form which is only about 5x stronger than Ginyu.
We are never given an explicit meaning to the phrase, but if it had nothing to do with strength whatsoever, it would lose a lot of value in regards to the exposition of the phrase. The premise was essentially that, "You may have defeated Universe 9, but they are the weakest Universe", as to hype up the fighters in the ToP and give a sense of the U7 fighters having their work cut out for them. As in, to say that they may have been able to defeat them but they are nothing to the rest of the Universes and we clearly see that this is the case when the ToP starts and they are almost immediately eliminated. Otherwise, it would be next to meaningless dialogue.
Toei could have misunderstood what it meant. That didn't happen in the manga and in both the anime and manga U9 actually turned out to be not that weak. It seemed stronger than U10, and at least on par with U2.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:36 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Sonofman wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Android 18 (Survival Arc) vs SSJ3 Goku (Buu Saga)
There is no way 18 is as strong as SS3 Goku (Buu arc).

- No information indicates that 18 trained after the Buu arc. It's also highly unlikely since she has a child to take care of; Krillian and 18 "settled" down.
- Even if she did "train" she wouldn't even come close to the SS3 power, let alone a SS2 (humans can only be so strong, compared to Saiyan growth).
- She's not even as strong as a full-powered Super Saiyan (yes, the form Goku USED against PERFECT Cell; which is stronger than a normal Super Saiyan).
- 18's last fight during the Buu arc was against Kid Trunks and Goten (as Super Saiyans) and she was being pushed back. Meaning she isn't as strong as she was during her first appearance during the Android arc.
- 18 has limitless energy like her brother 17, doesn't mean she's powerful. Doesn't mean 17 is powerful either. Case CLOSED.

Note: The tournament of Power (anime) has a ton of power scaling issues. Android 18 and 17 lasted as long as they did because they had limitless stamina and energy... that's it.
While I am skeptical that Goku would lose to 18 in this scenario, this is a poor argument. You did nothing but discredit the anime and provide conjecture and speculation. You can't just arbitrarily decide "there's no way she could come close to SSJ3 power!"
Where's the poor argument? There's no evidence that indicated that 18 improved after Cell arc and even after Majin arc, prove that to me first before you make any confrontations. That's just fan-based theories. Also, the anime is extremely faulty in power scaling, it only states that the androids had limitless energy, which is why they lasted that long in the ToP. If someone were to say that 18 is as powerful as SS3 Goku (buu saga), that would mean she had been doing secret "training" (which the anime did not imply at all). Also, it wouldn't make sense because both Krillian and 18 had "normal" lives after Cell arc and even during Majin arc. You can't just say, "you did nothing but discredit the anime and provide conjecture and speculation..." I took that into account and the only way that would make 18 as powerful as SS3 Goku (buu arc) would be some magic bean enhancer. There's no way she's stronger than a full-powered Super Saiyan 1, let alone a Super Saiyan 3.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37 am

Let's do some fusions that were suggested, but never fulfilled.

Boo arc SSJ Goku/Gohan(not Ultimate) fusion dance vs Pure Boo.
Boo arc SSJ Gogeta vs Super Boo.
Boo arc SSJ3 Goku/Mr. Satan or SSJ3 Goku/Dende potara vs Booccolo
Boo arc SSJ3 Goku/Tenshinhan potara vs Boohan.
Boo arc SSJ3 Goku/Ultimate Gohan potara vs Beerus(the level used against SSJG Goku).
SSJ2 GT Gohan/GT Oob(after fusing with Mister Boo) fusion dance vs Syn Shenron.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: