The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:32 am

Kid Buu wrote:Drum Vs Old Piccolo Daimao
Old Daimao crushed Goku a bit more easily than Drum crushed Ten.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:46 am

Goku (BoG) vs Cooler (4th form).

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:19 am

Zombie wrote:Goku (BoG) vs Cooler (4th form).
Is this Goku before or after absorbing SSJG? If before, can he use his SSJ forms?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:40 am

Zombie wrote:Goku (BoG) vs Cooler (4th form).
It depends on how high you see Goku's base at. I'd say that it was still significantly lower than Freeza's, hence Cooler would take this one.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:16 pm

Base Goku, no Kaioken, SSJ or god powers.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Okay, me & my friend recently were discussing this hypothetical battle:

Super Perfect Cell v Final Form (100%) Freeza.

No energy blasts/beams pure hand to feet combat. And to make things fair Cell doesn't have Freeza's and his Father's genes.

I opted for Cell wiping the floor with Mr.Galaxy Pirate, but my Friend opted for Freeza and made some good points saying he's a sly bastard and he has much more force on his attacks.

Anyway, would be good to get some other opinions on this.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Super Perfect Cell would had gotten the Zenkai yes? If that's so then Freeza gets creamed. Cell has Goku genes and from what we've seen from PERFECT Cell he's a great had to hand fighter. Freeza can kick ass too I'll give him credit. But Cell got all these Z fighter genes in him. Even with Hand to hand only. That alone will help Cell out

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Super Perfect Cell v Final Form (100%) Freeza
Cell finger-flicks Freeza, and his head explodes.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Drunk Gohan vs SSJ3 Gotenks

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay, me & my friend recently were discussing this hypothetical battle:

Super Perfect Cell v Final Form (100%) Freeza.

No energy blasts/beams pure hand to feet combat. And to make things fair Cell doesn't have Freeza's and his Father's genes.

I opted for Cell wiping the floor with Mr.Galaxy Pirate, but my Friend opted for Freeza and made some good points saying he's a sly bastard and he has much more force on his attacks.

Anyway, would be good to get some other opinions on this.
Is this an equal battle powers match?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Zombie wrote:Base Goku, no Kaioken, SSJ or god powers.
Cooler wins then.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Gray Buu vs Kid Buu

Fat Buu after being absorbed vs SSJ2 Vegeta
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:02 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:Gray Buu vs Kid Buu

Fat Buu after being absorbed vs SSJ2 Vegeta
Cant say regarding Gray Buu VS Kid Buu as I have completely forgotten Gray Buu's fight with Fat Buu.

Now with Fat Buu VS SSJ2 Vegeta, is this the Fat Buu that fought Kid Buu? If so, has there been any material suggesting or implying he's any weaker than he was when he fought Majin Vegeta?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:20 am

Mr. Buu put up a fight against the SS3-tier Pure Buu. You could throw a dozen SS2 Vegetas at him, and they'd all get slaughtered regardless.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Now with Fat Buu VS SSJ2 Vegeta, is this the Fat Buu that fought Kid Buu? If so, has there been any material suggesting or implying he's any weaker than he was when he fought Majin Vegeta?
He should be weaker, since the evil from him is removed, and manifested into Pure Boo.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 am

100% Freeza vs King Cold

This is less a question of "who is stronger?" and more "can Freeza decisively beat his father in a couple of minutes, which he'll need to quickly considering his stamina problem?".

70% Mecha Freeza vs King Cold

This is Mecha Freeza without using that bulky power up (which would place him at this percentage of power, if organic Freeza is any indication), just his regular base power. Can he beat his full power father?

King Cold vs base Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan in the Buu arc

Pretty self-explanatory. None of them can transform, Goku can't use kaio-ken, Vegeta doesn't have Babidi's power-up, and Gohan doesn't have the power-up he got from training with the Z-sword.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:05 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:100% Freeza vs King Cold
I think Freeza has more than enough time to beat Cold.
70% Mecha Freeza vs King Cold
Freeza is strong enough to beat him here too.
King Cold vs base Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan in the Buu arc
I have Full Power Freeza around Yakon's level. Gohan said that he & Goku in base would be strong enough to take him, so the 3 Saiyans are more than enough to beat Cold.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Not sure. I think Cold is pretty close to 100% Freeza, so it'd be pretty tough for him to defeat Cold before the stamina becomes an issue. I don't think he would.

Cold's full-power would be too much for 70% Mecha Freeza, I think.

I have no idea where the Base Saiyans are nowadays. However, I could see any of the 3 being able to defeat Cold.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:06 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:100% Freeza vs King Cold
I'm thinkin' no, King Cold can't win this. Freeza's got enough of an edge over Cold that he could mess ol' daddy dearest up pretty badly even before 100% starts to affect him at all. Then Freeza can power down to finish it if he needs to.
RandomGuy96 wrote:70% Mecha Freeza vs King Cold
This is a much closer fight in terms of power, but Freeza still has a very small edge. I'd bet he's a better fighter than his complacent dad and manages to win.
RandomGuy96 wrote:King Cold vs base Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan in the Buu arc.
Goku and Vegeta are already damned close to Cold's power, so through the power of teamwork and with Gohan as backup, they bring the tyrant down.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:25 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Drunk Gohan vs SSJ3 Gotenks
Gotenks dicks around and loses due to 5 minute time limit of SSJ3 for his fusion.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!