The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 am

kid mode battle royal

Ninja Hattori-kun vs Bodb goku
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Mutenroshi vs. Tao Pai Pai (equal power)
Probably Tao because he knows how to fly.
Actually Tao never flew on panel, though he might be able to. Either way, 22nd Roshi was about equal with 22nd Tien, who was about equal with 22nd Goku, who was stronger than post Korin Goku, who beat Tao.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Buuhan destroys Android #17 easily.
Unlikely, since 17 was even with Ssj Goku who, at this moment, should be much stronger than Buuhan is,

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

[spoiler]Super Saiyan Rosé 2 Majin Black: 102.08 billion

Legendary Super Saiyan 2 Majin Broly: 102 billion[/spoiler]

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:33 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Noah wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: Either of them finger-flicks with 1% power.

I'll pretend this DBS episode never happened.
Unfortunately we can't do this :(

IMO Android 17 wins both fights with difficult mostly due his infinite stamina.
Guys stop taking this stuff seriously. Goku held back a lot.
17 was also holding back too. We also don't know much either them were holding back, just that they were. The fact that Goku was forced to to go blue despite him saying he never intended on using it, suggest to me that 17 is god tier.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:37 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Unfortunately we can't do this :(

IMO Android 17 wins both fights with difficult mostly due his infinite stamina.
17 was also holding back too. We also don't know much either them were holding back, just that they were. The fact that Goku was forced to to go blue despite him saying he never intended on using it, suggest to me that 17 is god tier.
BASE Goku vs beerus was threatening to destroy the earth.
SSB Goku vs 17 was threatening to destroy the island if they fought at their best.

Since earth >>>> Island, the power base goku used against beerus >>>> power SSB Goku would have used against #17.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]1) Fourth Form Cooler vs. Barry Kahn.

2) Fifth Form Cooler vs. Super Saiyan Turles.

3) Metal Cooler vs. Super Saiyan Future Trunks (After The First Hyperbolic Time Chamber Training Session).[/spoiler]
4) Trio De Dangers vs. Pride Troopers.

5) Ginyu Force vs. Turles Crusher Corps.

6) Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Galactic Patrol, and Saiya Squad vs. Frieza Force (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F).

7) Babidi's Forces vs. Saiba Rangers.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:20 am

apex_pretador wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
BASE Goku vs beerus was threatening to destroy the earth.
SSB Goku vs 17 was threatening to destroy the island if they fought at their best.

Since earth >>>> Island, the power base goku used against beerus >>>> power SSB Goku would have used against #17.
Environmental damage is widely inconsistent in Super. SSJ red Goku and Beerus' punches were affecting the universe yet Blue Vegito and Zamasu were barely city level.Again, there is no proof at all at this stage. Just people's head cannons. Either way, we can't draw any conclusion yet. The facts are

1.)A holding back 17 can fight evenly with a holding back SSJ Blue Goku.
2.) Goku didn't intend on using his Blue in the fight but was otherwise force to

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Piccolo, Kuririn, and Gohan all fall through a time warp that transports them back in time, to the day of the saiyans battle, right at the start of the three hour break. They are all in their old bodies and have their old power levels, but have retained all their memories.

They decide they want to destroy Nappa themselves. With the three hour break to formulate a strategy, and their foreknowledge, can the team do it?

BONUS-

If they succeed, they all eat senzu beans while Vegeta steps up to the plate. Can they possibly defeat him as well?

If the answer is no, Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu all magically fall through the time warp as well and help out.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Strongest character current Android 17 can beat?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:43 am

nickzambuto wrote:Piccolo, Kuririn, and Gohan all fall through a time warp that transports them back in time, to the day of the saiyans battle, right at the start of the three hour break. They are all in their old bodies and have their old power levels, but have retained all their memories.

They decide they want to destroy Nappa themselves. With the three hour break to formulate a strategy, and their foreknowledge, can the team do it?
Straight forward win for the team, as Piccolo formulates a strategy to take out Nappa with Krillin's kienzan, after he and Gohan distract him.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:01 am

Namu vs Mr Satan
Pamput vs Mr Satan
King Chappa vs Mr Satan

Namu vs Videl pre-flight
Pamput vs Videl pre-flight
King Chappa vs Videl pre-flight
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Namu vs Mr Satan
Pamput vs Mr Satan
King Chappa vs Mr Satan

Namu vs Videl pre-flight
I can see the argument for both sides, and it depends on how you personally interpret the intent of Mr. Satan's character. On one hand, Mr. Satan typically doesn't have anywhere near the feats displayed by serious Tenkaichi competitiors of the past. But on the other, couldn't it be said that the whole joke is to show how absurdly Goku has grown since his childhood when he would compete for the title of strongest under the heavens, and now, with the power inflation having grown to such shocking, unexpected proportions since then, the new strongest man under the heavens isn't even worth anything as Goku has become the strongest in the whole universe?

But then again, one can easily interpret Mr. Satan in another context, that he doesn't actually represent the Budokai of the past which Goku competed in, but rather the joke is that the competition at the Budokai has decreased so much, that this jokester is now the champion of all those fierce battles which kept us on the edges of our seats.

Then again, we know Toriyama doesn't really think about strength very much and doesn't find powers interesting. So the fact that his comments on Mr. Satan specified that the character IS supposed to be quite strong, just not as strong as Goku and the gang, lends credence to the former theory that he serves to show how far our heroes have progressed since their childhood's. And also, can it really be said that the likes of Namu and Chapa-O would be capable of surviving strikes from the likes of Perfect Cell, Majin Boo, Omega Shenron, and Beerus? Even if those strikes were the equivalent of love taps, most of them sent Mr. Satan flying, and much smaller power gaps in the series have resulted in instant death or even EXPLOSION on the end of the weaker party (Goku kicking off Drum's head) so that also lends to the theory that Mr. Satan actually is the strongest Budokai contender, and the joke is that this extremely strong hero looks just as insignificant as a normal person when next to the demigods of Perfect Cell and Son Goku.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 am

nickzambuto wrote:
Pamput vs Mr Satan
King Chappa vs Mr Satan

Namu vs Videl pre-flight
I can see the argument for both sides, and it depends on how you personally interpret the intent of Mr. Satan's character. On one hand, Mr. Satan typically doesn't have anywhere near the feats displayed by serious Tenkaichi competitiors of the past. But on the other, couldn't it be said that the whole joke is to show how absurdly Goku has grown since his childhood when he would compete for the title of strongest under the heavens, and now, with the power inflation having grown to such shocking, unexpected proportions since then, the new strongest man under the heavens isn't even worth anything as Goku has become the strongest in the whole universe?

But then again, one can easily interpret Mr. Satan in another context, that he doesn't actually represent the Budokai of the past which Goku competed in, but rather the joke is that the competition at the Budokai has decreased so much, that this jokester is now the champion of all those fierce battles which kept us on the edges of our seats.

Then again, we know Toriyama doesn't really think about strength very much and doesn't find powers interesting. So the fact that his comments on Mr. Satan specified that the character IS supposed to be quite strong, just not as strong as Goku and the gang, lends credence to the former theory that he serves to show how far our heroes have progressed since their childhood's. And also, can it really be said that the likes of Namu and Chapa-O would be capable of surviving strikes from the likes of Perfect Cell, Majin Boo, Omega Shenron, and Beerus? Even if those strikes were the equivalent of love taps, most of them sent Mr. Satan flying, and much smaller power gaps in the series have resulted in instant death or even EXPLOSION on the end of the weaker party (Goku kicking off Drum's head) so that also lends to the theory that Mr. Satan actually is the strongest Budokai contender, and the joke is that this extremely strong hero looks just as insignificant as a normal person when next to the demigods of Perfect Cell and Son Goku.
What we know is that Videl was training with boxing punching bag, and her kicks and punches (which were clearly exerting effort) were not doing much to the bag. Even MCU Cap sent a boxing bag flying away with a decent hit when he got serious.
Nam and others are far stronger than MCU Cap. There is no competition here.

Gohan also described Videl as "maybe stronger than Satan", and if she isn't outright stronger, she is definitely very close. Even if we put satan at MCU Cap's level, the other humans absolutely dwarf that level of strength.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:57 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Strongest character current Android 17 can beat?
Semi perfect Cell

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:15 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Semi perfect Cell
What's your reasoning for this?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:04 am

Beyond wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Semi perfect Cell
I don't see 17 surpassing perfect Cell by being a park ranger. Piccolo might still be below perfect Cell and I think Piccolo>17.

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:34 am

Pamput vs Mr Satan
King Chappa vs Mr Satan

Namu vs Videl pre-flight
Namu takes both matches, Roshi's training pushes the body beyond its normal limits which was stated by Roshi and evident in some of the feats that Goku and Krillin were able to perform afterwards such as moving a large boulder that I don't see Mr Satan even being able to budge and being able to move faster than any normal human could see (Krillin in his match with Jackie Chun and Goku being able to move fast enough to leave an afterimage behind against Namu and to cause his first opponent in the qualifying rounds to think that Goku had vanished.) Despite this Namu was still able to keep with Goku after training with Roshi which indicates that Namu is on a different level than Mr Satan and Videl considering Mr Satan doesn't seem to have done any training that would have pushed him beyond human limits and Videl being in a similar ballpark to Satan.
The next is up for grabs, Pamput didn't have any good feats but was stated to be formidable martial artist from a human perspective by Jackie Chun, Mr Satan was also stated by Toriyama in the Saikyo Jump June 2014 Issue to be very strong on an ordinary human level as well. I just going to go with Mr Satan and Videl.
King Chappa easily takes both, Both Yamcha and Jackie Chun held Chappa in high regards with Yamcha describing him as "godlike" and Chun believing that King Chappa would be a troublesome opponent for Goku. While this didn't end up being the case I believe that Jackie Chun was comparing Chappa to 21st TB Goku who is much stronger than Satan or Videl.

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:27 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Beyond wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Semi perfect Cell
I don't see 17 surpassing perfect Cell by being a park ranger. Piccolo might still be below perfect Cell and I think Piccolo>17.
I personally believe he stomps all of z, but stops at ssj3 Vegito.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:27 pm

Vegetes wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Beyond wrote:
I personally believe he stomps all of z, but stops at ssj3 Vegito.
Me too, although if SSJB Goku held back to Krillin level I don't see how he couldn't do to Semi Perfect Cell
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.