The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) I don't get the reference.

2) Ultra Super Saiyan Future Trunks vs. Semi-Perfect Cell (Kaioken Times Two).
1- it's signifying once a in a blue moon event..
I too don't get your reference? It's titled funny frog ..?

2- Today's episode goku said ultra form isn't good for long battles and cauliflowa literally collapsed after two puches ( even if that's wasn't even a long battle, It takes more time to take a piss, goku.. )
So considering it's weaknesses in a long battle ( take it from the cell saga if you might ) I say, trunks loses way too much mobility to defeat him..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Evil Boo (Thin) versus Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Boo saga)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:Evil Boo (Thin) versus Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Boo saga)
Goku's opponent is a Buu and Goku uses a ki draining form, so Buu wins quite easily.
Even if he was weaker, from what we can tell from his fight with fatty, he's pretty no-nonsense so would probably account for that and find another way to get the advantage.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:45 pm

mysticboy wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:While I agree with Seth that the Super writers don't have total say what happens and that there are different writers for different episodes, those tweets are proof that some of the writers don't really consider Goku universe level. Only after being pushed did Toshi say he might be. While I agree the episode back then made it seem like he was, it seems like they just through that power out the window. God power isn't even special at this point anymore. Do you really think Kale has above universal durability?
Yes. If she tanked a ToP arc SSJB kamehameha, then hell yes.

Goku being universal in the BoG arc is directly Toriyama's doing. The statements by the Old Kai and narrator, and the fact that the same feat is in the manga is Toryama telling us that Goku is indeed universal. A Toei staff member's opinion be damned.
In the manga it is never stated the universe is going to be destroyed by the punches. He just said they battle may be dangerous for the universe. Just like nuclear warfare would be dangerous for the planet, one nuke can't blow up Earth.

And Toytotaro pretty much had fused Zamasu say he was galaxy level, and I'm pretty sure he would of asked Toriyama how strong he was since they seem to be close. It seems the only reason the universe thing was brought up was because of Beerus. Beerus is supposed to be universe level so when he fights the universe is in danger. When he fought Goku it was in danger, and when he fought Champa it was in danger. Everytime Beerus fights it seems to be in danger, yet not when Goku fights.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:47 pm

If you mean the gray one, then Goku wins easily since Evil Buu is weaker than Fat Buu, who is weaker than SSJ3 Goku.

If you mean Super Buu, then Buu wins with just a punch.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:Kuririn (Boo Saga) VS Pui Pui who would win?
I put Pui Pui on the same level as Saiyan Saga Oozaru Vegeta. So Kuririn would win.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:39 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
If you mean the gray one, then Goku wins easily since Evil Buu is weaker than Fat Buu, who is weaker than SSJ3 Goku.

It's gray (thin) not Super.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:28 pm

dragon boss z wrote: In the manga it is never stated the universe is going to be destroyed by the punches. He just said they battle may be dangerous for the universe. Just like nuclear warfare would be dangerous for the planet, one nuke can't blow up Earth.
"At this rate... the entire universe is in jeopardy!" as in if this keeps up, such-and-such will happen, not may happen.
dragon boss z wrote: And Toytotaro pretty much had fused Zamasu say he was galaxy level, and I'm pretty sure he would of asked Toriyama how strong he was since they seem to be close.
If Toriyama wanted Zamasu to be galaxy level, he'd be galaxy level in the anime as well. Instead, he's matching blows with SSJB Vegito.
dragon boss z wrote:It seems the only reason the universe thing was brought up was because of Beerus. Beerus is supposed to be universe level so when he fights the universe is in danger. When he fought Goku it was in danger, and when he fought Champa it was in danger. Everytime Beerus fights it seems to be in danger, yet not when Goku fights.
What about he fought that alien on the dinosaur planet? Or when he fought on King Kai's planet? Or when he fought Vegeta? And as far as fighting Champa goes, Whis and Vados stated that 2 GoDs aren't allowed to fight as, yes, the universe would be destroyed, but as we know, not all GoDs have equal power, so it's more of a rule than a power thing.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:23 pm

mysticboy wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: In the manga it is never stated the universe is going to be destroyed by the punches. He just said they battle may be dangerous for the universe. Just like nuclear warfare would be dangerous for the planet, one nuke can't blow up Earth.
"At this rate... the entire universe is in jeopardy!" as in if this keeps up, such-and-such will happen, not may happen.
I'm just gonna chime in here and point out in the official Viz translation it was stated the shockwaves had universe destroying power.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:28 pm

mysticboy wrote:"At this rate... the entire universe is in jeopardy!" as in if this keeps up, such-and-such will happen, not may happen.
again, if there is a nuclear war the earth would be in jeopardy, but a nuke can't destroy the entire planet.
If Toriyama wanted Zamasu to be galaxy level, he'd be galaxy level in the anime as well. Instead, he's matching blows with SSJB Vegito.
We don't know how strong SSB Vegito is, so matching blows with him doesn't really mean anything. Also Toei doesn't follow Toriyama's script to the T. Toriyama's script said Black goes ssj, that never happens in the anime. Toyotaro even said his version is almost exactly Toriyama's script.
What about he fought that alien on the dinosaur planet? Or when he fought on King Kai's planet? Or when he fought Vegeta? And as far as fighting Champa goes, Whis and Vados stated that 2 GoDs aren't allowed to fight as, yes, the universe would be destroyed, but as we know, not all GoDs have equal power, so it's more of a rule than a power thing.
Well anything below god tier isn't really a fight for Beerus. Beerus didn't even attack that alien, he just through his own attack back at him. And against ssj3 Goku all he did was flick and touch him. For a GoD to effect the universe it seems he has to be pushed at least a bit. I know its weird and I don't really like it either, but nobody was scared of Frieza or Zamasu busting the universe. Nobody even mentioned the possibility. Imo they just wanted to hype up Beerus in the BoG arc and now they realized that was to strong or something. We were also supposed to think Beerus was at 100% power in that fight, now we know he was only using like 1%.

Super is just a mess in power scaling.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:29 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
mysticboy wrote:
I'm just gonna chime in here and point out in the official Viz translation it was stated the shockwaves had universe destroying power.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
But the way he says it could mean the universe would be destroyed overtime throughout the fight. What I'm arguing is SSG Goku can't universe bust in one shot.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Chickenchaser wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:

It's gray (thin) not Super.
I see. So yeah, Goku wins here.

SuperDragoon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperDragoon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 am

Super Saiyan Berserker Kale vs. Toppo

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:30 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black (Before Potara Fusion) vs. Merged Zamasu (Half-Corrupted).
Merged Zamasu was stronger than Rose-Black before vegetto tortured him. If this is Zamasu after fighting vegetto, then Black (who is slightly stronger) puts up a hell of a fight but loses because of immortality.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:24 am

SuperDragoon wrote:Super Saiyan Berserker Kale vs. Toppo
Kale has an incredible endurance ( she can tank a Kamehameha after all ) but I believe she's not SSJB level, power-wise at least. Toppo is SSJB level and can even fight Kaioken SSJB Goku, so the hero of justice gets this.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:41 am

SuperDragoon wrote:Super Saiyan Berserker Kale vs. Toppo
Toppo takes it, albeit after a hard fight because of the sheer unpredictability of berserker
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:47 am

Jiren vs Roman Reigns in a Battle Royal rules fight (ring out from over the top ring)

Broly vs Kale (Equal power level, both in buff form)

Narirama vs Final Form freeza

SSB Vegeta vs Golden Freeza

Bota-Magetta vs Kale
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:36 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Final Form Frieza vs. SSJ Caulifla

At first I was think U6 saiyans might be stronger but after this idk
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
With this comparison, I think SSJ Caulifla would lose badly to Freeza, don't know about her in SSJ2 tho.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:29 pm

apex_pretador wrote: Narirama vs Final Form freeza
Frieza pretty easily. Even Basil damaged Narirama.
SSB Vegeta vs Golden Freeza
50/50
both seem to be equal with SSB Goku. We will probably find out the answer to this later on in the tournament.
Bota-Magetta vs Kale
Considering Bota-Magetta were running for their lives from Kale expelling her power in the last episode, Kale destroys them easily.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:38 pm

New match:

- SSJB Goku (can use 10x Kaioken), SSJB Vegeta, Hit (fully improved), Jiren (unseen full power) vs. Whis (no holding back)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?