The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Bullza wrote:Frieza (First Form) from Resurrection F vs. Super Perfect Cell
The only thing we know of First form Freeza is that he is stronger than a rusty SS Gohan and weaker than Boo. It can go either way but I'm thinking Cell is stronger and beats him after a good fight.
There no indication that 1st Form Freeza from RoF is weaker than any Buu, since Buu wasn't in the movie. Considering that 4th Form Freeza in RoF is equal to Goku & Vegeta's post-Whis training bases, and that Freeza's 4th form is a 220x multiplier from his 1st (using Namek Saga PLs as a reference), that would obviously make 1st form Freeza post training way stronger than anything from Z.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:12 pm

The indication comes from Super and that can be included as well I guess because that is what I took in mind when I made the post. After the Z Fighters sensed Frieza's energy they still thought they'd be alright if Buu was there.

Which creates the implication that Good Buu > Frieza in his First Form so he's probably Super Saiyan 2 level .

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 pm

1.) Ultimate Gohan (ToP) vs RoF Golden Freeza
2.) a17 (dbs manga) vs super vegetto (buu saga)
3.) SSB Vegeta (pre episode 122) vs Base Toppo

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:51 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:1.) Ultimate Gohan (ToP) vs RoF Golden Freeza
Frieza
Vegeta

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Gohan
Vegeta
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:31 pm

ricky84 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
The only thing we know of First form Freeza is that he is stronger than a rusty SS Gohan and weaker than Boo. It can go either way but I'm thinking Cell is stronger and beats him after a good fight.
There no indication that 1st Form Freeza from RoF is weaker than any Buu, since Buu wasn't in the movie. Considering that 4th Form Freeza in RoF is equal to Goku & Vegeta's post-Whis training bases, and that Freeza's 4th form is a 220x multiplier from his 1st (using Namek Saga PLs as a reference), that would obviously make 1st form Freeza post training way stronger than anything from Z.
How the hell does this make their base stronger than anything in Z? Even if you use a 113x multiplier since he ins't buff in his final form in RoF so it would be equivalent to him going from 530K->60M=113x, I still have him around Super Buu level and that fits really well with what we see. Good Buu is at least considered useful and Gohan who is strong enough that his Base is now as strong as Piccolo, is still weaker than 1st Form Freeza as a SSJ but not overwhelmingly so. I am frankly flabbergasted how you could conclude 1/220th of Final Form Freeza's power is enough to clear anything from Z

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 pm

New matches:

- Super Saiyan 5 (speculated by Bulma) Vegeta (GT) vs. Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta (RoF)

- 100% FP Jiren vs. 50% Whis
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Noah wrote:New matches:

- Super Saiyan 5 (speculated by Bulma) Vegeta (GT) vs. Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta (RoF)

- 100% FP Jiren vs. 50% Whis
GT Vegeta one shots

Whis stomps

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:38 am

ricky84 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
There is. In both Toriyama's RoF script and in Super, Kuririn says that as long as Boo is around they will be fine while facing First form Freeza. That's as clear cut as it can get.

There's also the thing that Freeza's suppression forms (They are not transformations) are self made and shouldn't have a set multiplier.

You also way overrate base Goku and Vegeta. Commeson Vegeta (Who is stronger than RoF Vegeta) couldn't even defuse Gotenks like Beerus did in BoG. Gotenks lasted the whole 5 minutes in that fight which implies he's not dimensions apart from them.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 am

ZombieVito wrote:Commeson Vegeta (Who is stronger than RoF Vegeta) couldn't even defuse Gotenks like Beerus did in BoG. Gotenks lasted the whole 5 minutes in that fight which implies he's not dimensions apart from them.
You mean Copy Vegeta? Gotenks could literally do nothing to him while he was in base, he was toying around with him and it was later implied that he has some attachment towards Trunks through absorbing Vegeta's power and personality, that's why he didn't kill him.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:49 am

CTAkuma wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:Commeson Vegeta (Who is stronger than RoF Vegeta) couldn't even defuse Gotenks like Beerus did in BoG. Gotenks lasted the whole 5 minutes in that fight which implies he's not dimensions apart from them.
You mean Copy Vegeta? Gotenks could literally do nothing to him while he was in base, he was toying around with him and it was later implied that he has some attachment towards Trunks through absorbing Vegeta's power and personality, that's why he didn't kill him.
You make a good point, but one could argue a difference between killing and knocking him out like he did in the buu saga.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am

ZombieVito wrote:
ricky84 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: The only thing we know of First form Freeza is that he is stronger than a rusty SS Gohan and weaker than Boo. It can go either way but I'm thinking Cell is stronger and beats him after a good fight.
There is. In both Toriyama's RoF script and in Super, Kuririn says that as long as Boo is around they will be fine while facing First form Freeza. That's as clear cut as it can get.

There's also the thing that Freeza's suppression forms (They are not transformations) are self made and shouldn't have a set multiplier.

You also way overrate base Goku and Vegeta. Commeson Vegeta (Who is stronger than RoF Vegeta) couldn't even defuse Gotenks like Beerus did in BoG. Gotenks lasted the whole 5 minutes in that fight which implies he's not dimensions apart from them.
First of all, comparing Beerus to Copy-Vegeta is a false analogy. Second, base Copy-Vegeta was completely toying with SSJ3 Gotenks and dominated him with no effort whatsoever. They are clearly massively apart in power.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 am

CTAkuma wrote: You mean Copy Vegeta? Gotenks could literally do nothing to him while he was in base, he was toying around with him and it was later implied that he has some attachment towards Trunks through absorbing Vegeta's power and personality, that's why he didn't kill him.
He was literally going to kill him before Goku arrived.
ricky84 wrote: First of all, comparing Beerus to Copy-Vegeta is a false analogy. Second, base Copy-Vegeta was completely toying with SSJ3 Gotenks and dominated him with no effort whatsoever. They are clearly massively apart in power.
This is your headcanon.

Nowhere is it stated he was holding back.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:51 am

CTAkuma wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Vados vs Towa
Towa is weaker than Super Buu or Trunks, there's no proof she got stronger than XV1 where she was implicitly weaker than a Mira who was on par with super Buu. that Mira gets wrecked by CaC1 who is not god tier yet.

Vados wrecks her shit.
He implied it was Vados from Super not from Xenoverse and in Xenoverse everyone is way stronger than their mainline counterparts, this is way more even than you think
I don't see any evidence of everyone being stronger in XV automatically.

Even still DBS Vados is still way stronger than her Towa is not strong on her own. She's weaker than a Mira who's weaker than people who aren't even god tier. This is a stomp. Towa has no feats to put her bear Angel level.

People only get powered up in XV when it's a plot point that they do. Like flashing purple and shit. And the whole point of them and only them being powered up is why it fucks up fight outcomes and thus timelines.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:08 pm

TobyS wrote:People only get powered up in XV when it's a plot point that they do. Like flashing purple and shit. And the whole point of them and only them being powered up is why it fucks up fight outcomes and thus timelines.
She has feats which put her on multiverse attack potency thanks to scaling to Xeno Goku SS4, who scales to Demigra who was going to destroy the DB multiverse and create his own timeline after he absorbed Toki Toki, which gave him control over Space and Time itself. Kid Buu destroyed a timeline too, so yeah

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: You mean Copy Vegeta? Gotenks could literally do nothing to him while he was in base, he was toying around with him and it was later implied that he has some attachment towards Trunks through absorbing Vegeta's power and personality, that's why he didn't kill him.
ricky84 wrote: First of all, comparing Beerus to Copy-Vegeta is a false analogy. Second, base Copy-Vegeta was completely toying with SSJ3 Gotenks and dominated him with no effort whatsoever. They are clearly massively apart in power.
This is your headcanon.

Just look at the sheer ease of how base Copy-Vegeta dominated SSJ3 Gotenks. You are the one using headcanon if you believe the gap in power isn't big. If it wasn't then SSJ3 would have put up a much better fight, logically.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:18 pm

ricky84 wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
This is your headcanon.

Just look at the sheer ease of how base Copy-Vegeta dominated SSJ3 Gotenks. You are the one using headcanon if you believe the gap in power isn't big. If it wasn't then SSJ3 would have put up a much better fight, logically.
obviously the difference is immeasurably large between Base Vegeta and SSJ3 Gotenks.

But lets get back on track here, how is 1st Form Freeza stronger than anyone in Z???

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:06 pm

ZombieVito wrote: There is. In both Toriyama's RoF script and in Super, Kuririn says that as long as Boo is around they will be fine while facing First form Freeza. That's as clear cut as it can get.
Boo can turn Freeza into candy or absorb him though. Pure Boo arguably could defeat even Gotenks or Gohan thanks to this ability, this doesn't mean he's stronger than them.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

SSJ Vegetto

Post by SSJ Vegetto » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:43 pm

1. Ultimate Gohan
2. Android No.17
3. SSJB Vegeta
asdf

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 pm

1) Freeza with mid diff. He's on pair with CSSJB Goku, who's still stronger than Gohan according to Kuririn.
2) 17 finger clicks. Goku is likely above Vegetto in upper forms by now.
3) Pass.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!