The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:25 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Well, he clearly isn't, since the move takes place right after the fight with Kid Buu.
So how does Goku beat an opponent that thrashed Gohan and Gotenks, both of whom should be much more powerful than Goku himself?
In fact it doesn't make sense.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:In fact it doesn't make sense.
Hence why a more detailed explanation is necessary.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:01 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Well, he clearly isn't, since the move takes place right after the fight with Kid Buu.
So how does Goku beat an opponent that thrashed Gohan and Gotenks, both of whom should be much more powerful than Goku himself?
I guess the only thing close to a solution for Goku to beat him is that he used the Dragon Fist on him, as well as Trunks weakening him with the sword. The thing that doesn't make sense is Gohan being defeated easily, while SSJ3 Gotenks was able to do more. Strangely the movie seems to imply:

SSJ3 Gotenks > Gohan, or maybe:

all SSJ3s > Gohan

And that doesn't make sense. I just thing they interpreted Gohan's power wrong. So maybe we just must pretend that Gohan's power is the only one controversial, with Hirudegarn being below SSJ3 Gotenks, and above him while transformed, probably on the same league of Buutenks.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) Kid Buu vs. Janemba.

2) Meta-Cooler vs. Android 17.

3) Android 16 and Future Android 16 vs. Semi-Perfect Cell.
1) This is an incredibly close and decisive match, but Buu takes it because of his gold like regeneration and never ending stamina.

2) Meta-Coola effortlessly crushes Android 17, not only is he stronger, faster, and more durable, his regeneration is simply just to much for the young android.

3) Semi Perfect Cell easily takes both of them at the same time, it doesn't matter how many android 16's you get when they can't even harm Cell.
1) Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F) vs. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F).

2) Super Saiyan Blue Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods) vs. Super Buu (Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, Super Janemba, and Hirudegarn Absorbed).

3) Super Saiyan Blue Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon) vs. Autta Magetta.
1) Goku was slightly stronger, coupled with his superior skill and he beats Vegeta.

2) There's simply no way that Super Buu upon adsorbing a few Super Saiyan 3 tier fighters is anywhere near SSB Goku.

3) Autta Magetta effortlessly gets manhandled by a being thousands of times stronger than him.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
1) Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F) vs. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F).

2) Super Saiyan Blue Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods) vs. Super Buu (Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, Super Janemba, and Hirudegarn Absorbed).

3) Super Saiyan Blue Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon) vs. Autta Magetta.
1)
They're equals. Can go either way.

2)
Probably Goku.

3)
SSJB Goku one shots.
1) Super Buu (Base Form) vs. Ledgic.

2) Imperfect Cell (Fight Against Piccolo) vs. Super Saiyan Vegeta (Androids Saga).

3) Third Form Frieza (Frieza Saga) vs. Lord Slug (Youth Restored).

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:43 pm

SSJ3 Goku (Movie 12) vs Ultimate Gohan

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Gog wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:
1) This is an incredibly close and decisive match, but Buu takes it because of his gold like regeneration and never ending stamina.

2) Meta-Coola effortlessly crushes Android 17, not only is he stronger, faster, and more durable, his regeneration is simply just to much for the young android.

3) Semi Perfect Cell easily takes both of them at the same time, it doesn't matter how many android 16's you get when they can't even harm Cell.

1) Goku was slightly stronger, coupled with his superior skill and he beats Vegeta.

2) There's simply no way that Super Buu upon adsorbing a few Super Saiyan 3 tier fighters is anywhere near SSB Goku.

3) Autta Magetta effortlessly gets manhandled by a being thousands of times stronger than him.
1) Saiyan Beyond God Goku (Universe 6 Saga) vs. Cabba.

2) Chou Super Saiyan Goku (Universe 6 Saga) vs. Super Saiyan Cabba.

3) Super Saiyan Blue Goku (Universe Survival Saga) vs. Super Saiyan 2 Cabba.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F) vs. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F).

1) Saiyan Beyond Goku is just so much better than Cabba in every way, he wins due to his overwhelming power and skill.

2) Goku still effortlessly defeats Cabba, just this time it's an even bigger stomp than before hand.

3) SSB Goku sneezing at SS2 Cabba would definitely be enough to kill him.

Anyway new battles!

SSR Goku Black V Aku

Freeza(first form) V Mewtwo(mega evolved)

SSJ Vegetto V World Breaker Hulk (Arm wrestle)

Goku V Wonderwoman

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:44 am

dragonball0900 wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:
I guess the only thing close to a solution for Goku to beat him is that he used the Dragon Fist on him, as well as Trunks weakening him with the sword. The thing that doesn't make sense is Gohan being defeated easily, while SSJ3 Gotenks was able to do more. Strangely the movie seems to imply:

SSJ3 Gotenks > Gohan, or maybe:

all SSJ3s > Gohan

And that doesn't make sense. I just thing they interpreted Gohan's power wrong. So maybe we just must pretend that Gohan's power is the only one controversial, with Hirudegarn being below SSJ3 Gotenks, and above him while transformed, probably on the same league of Buutenks.

Well, the movie takes place "sometime" after the fight with kid buu. So, my interpretation is:

Gohan's power declined due to not training. Gotenks is, therefore, stronger.
Goku and Vegeta trained as usual, and Goku surpassed Gotenks.

Now the "but time skip was short" thing is irrelevant, because people in DB have always been able to make gains according to plot.
Gog wrote: Anyway new battles!

Goku V Wonderwoman
Vegetto has no feats to suggest he can wrestle with world breaker hulk. Hulk wins.

Namek Goku stomps. The only advantage WW has is gear and (maybe) physical/grappling strength.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:45 am

1.) How far would DBM SSJ3 Vegito get in multiverse? The strongest character he could beat?
2.) Future Zamasu vs Buuhan
3.) Toppo vs Hit

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:16 am

AvatarReiko wrote:1.) How far would DBM SSJ3 Vegito get in multiverse? The strongest character he could beat?
3.) Toppo vs Hit
- I suppose you mean "in Super". Anyway, he's nowhere near SsjG Goku, so the strongest character he'd beat is probably Black Goku (start of the Future Trunks saga).
- Future Zamasu is way stronger, but I don't think he's capable of pulverizing Buuhan. On the other hand, Buu can't do anything to him, so I think it'd be an endless battle.
- Hit wins due to his killing technique. And I don't think Toppo is smart enough to counter it.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 am

Gog wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:

1) Saiyan Beyond Goku is just so much better than Cabba in every way, he wins due to his overwhelming power and skill.

2) Goku still effortlessly defeats Cabba, just this time it's an even bigger stomp than before hand.

Anyway new battles!

SSR Goku Black V Aku

Goku V Wonderwoman
1) Teen Uub (Baby Saga) vs. Botamo.

2) Majuub (Baby Saga) vs. First Form Frieza (Resurrection F).

3) Super Saiyan 4 Goku (Universe Survival Saga) vs. Omega Shenron.
[spoiler]Dragon Soldier
Z Warrior
dragonball z best of music game soundtrack[/spoiler]

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Base Gotenks (Pre Rosat) vs SSJ Goku (Frieza Arc)

Base Gotenks (Post Rosat) vs Android 18

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) Saiyan Beyond God Goku (Universe 6 Saga) vs. Cabba.

Anyway new battles!

SSR Goku Black V Aku

Goku V Wonderwoman
1) Teen Uub (Baby Saga) vs. Botamo.

2) Majuub (Baby Saga) vs. First Form Frieza (Resurrection F).

3) Super Saiyan 4 Goku (Universe Survival Saga) vs. Omega Shenron.
[spoiler]Dragon Soldier
Z Warrior
dragonball z best of music game soundtrack[/spoiler]

1) Botamo cannot take any damage from Uub's attacks, he wears down Uub, or Uub throws him to space.

2) First form Freeza easily defeats Majuub. Even if Majuub uses his candy beam on Freeza, Freeza would just torture him to death until he turns him back.

3) This is just a repeat of what happened in GT.
dragonball0900 wrote:Base Gotenks (Pre Rosat) vs SSJ Goku (Frieza Arc)

Base Gotenks (Post Rosat) vs Android 18
Base Gotenks loses to SSJ Goku's superior might, speed, strength, and skill

Gotenks gets easily manhandled by the android, she's just better than him in every category.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Gog wrote: Base Gotenks loses to SSJ Goku's superior might, speed, strength, and skill

Gotenks gets easily manhandled by the android, she's just better than him in every category.
Okay. What if Base Gotenks (post Rosat) vs SSJ Goku (Frieza Arc)?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:36 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:1.) How far would DBM SSJ3 Vegito get in multiverse? The strongest character he could beat?
3.) Toppo vs Hit
1.IDK
2.buuhan gets slaughter
3.hit

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
Gog wrote: Base Gotenks loses to SSJ Goku's superior might, speed, strength, and skill

I was referring to Super Saiyan Goku (Freeza arc)

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Gog wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:

I was referring to Super Saiyan Goku (Freeza arc)
Gotenks one shots.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Okay new battles!

First Form Freeza V Samus Aran

Kirby V Kid Buu

Vegeta V Shadow

Goku Black V Turles (equal power levels)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:53 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:SSJ3 Goku (Movie 12) vs Ultimate Gohan
I don't think there's anything different with Goku in this moive, Gohan wrecks him easily.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?