The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kn83
Banned

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by kn83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Onibaku wrote:Yurin versus Chichi in her youth?
Chi Chi should stomp.
Facts. Yurin couldn't even hurt Roshi yet Chi-Chi by feats and PLs is relative to Roshi in abilty

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:31 pm

kn83 wrote:Facts. Yurin couldn't even hurt Roshi yet Chi-Chi by feats and PLs is relative to Roshi in abilty
But Super Roshi is way stronger than his DB counterpart.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Noah wrote:
kn83 wrote:Facts. Yurin couldn't even hurt Roshi yet Chi-Chi by feats and PLs is relative to Roshi in abilty
But Super Roshi is way stronger than his DB counterpart.
I guess I forgot to factor that in.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:56 am

nickzambuto wrote:Beerus vs every other God of Destruction, dead serious and to the death (let's say the universe is indestructible)
Quietela is a close rival alone. Add so many others and they stomp\\
nickzambuto wrote:Saiyan arc Battle:

Dragon Team-

-Goku
-Piccolo
-Kuririn
-Tenshinhan
-Yamcha
-Chiaozu
-Gohan
-Yajirobe

Saiyans-

-Vegeta
-Nappa
-Raditz
Yamcha = Raditz

Piccolo, Tenshinhan, Gohan, Krillin, Chitotzu and Yajirobe combined should be able to hold off Nappa. Goku does his regular business with Vegeta.

If vegeta makes the fake moon, they getsquashed like bugs. If not, then Yamcha eventually beats Raditz, goes to help against Nappa. His entrance distracts Nappa who gets decapitated by a destructo disc.

Everyone gangs up on a tired vegeta, giving Goku time to create a spirit bomb. Goku fires it on vegeta, knocking him out.
nickzambuto wrote:Who has better damage soak;

Goku vs Luffy
Vegeta vs Batman
Goku vs Superman
Gohan vs Spider-Man

These aren't fights, but specifically comparing damage soak, i.e. the determination, will power, and pain threshold to fight through physical pain and fatigue. This isn't a contest of durability, imagine the same damage is dealt to each character, i.e. if Spider-Man can fight after being shot in the stomach, can Gohan also fight if he is pierced by a death beam?

Also these aren't any specific version of each character. Just the character and your perception of them in general.
Probably vegeta. He has insane damage soak. He took hits from kid buu while in base, and kept getting up.
He took a Kkx4 Kamehameha, endured beating from KKx3 goku, took a spirit bomb, beating from ozaruu gohan, his tail cutting, and still crawled back his way to his spaceship
He got a hole blown through him and was still conscious for several minutes for dende to heal him.
He took quite a beating from recoome and freeza as well.

Superman is not bad either, he exchanged blows with doomsday till he died.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:57 am

Toppo's hands vs Gohan at full power
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 am

DCEU Superman vs Krillin

Purely physical battle
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Full Power SSJ Goku (Cell Games) vs. 5 Cell Juniors
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Noah wrote:Full Power SSJ Goku (Cell Games) vs. 5 Cell Juniors
Considering how well Piccolo does at smacking them around, I'd say Goku could put up a good performance but it's just hard to gauge their true power.

I feel like he could probably take a trio down, maybe 4, 5 is too much though.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:36 pm

apex_pretador wrote:DCEU Superman vs Krillin

Purely physical battle
Superman. Better striking feats.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Purely physical battle
DCEU like the cinematic-verse? Kuririn stomps since Saiyan arc let alone current Kuririn.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Purely physical battle
I think even Kuririn from the 23rd Budokai stomps. I don't remember DCEU Superman being anywhere as impressive as Comics Superman.
Noah wrote:Full Power SSJ Goku (Cell Games) vs. 5 Cell Juniors
Goku wins. The Cell Jrs were even with Vegeta and Trunks, who should be closer to 50% Goku than to 100% Goku.
Krillin1994 wrote:Considering how well Piccolo does at smacking them around
That's filler, though. On the manga it's implied only Vegeta and Trunks could hold their own on 1v1.
dragonball0900 wrote:Well it was still just a blast anyway.

The Cell Jrs were toying yes, but if that's the case then they would've stomped Piccolo just like how they stomped the humans, the gap between a Cell Jr and Semi Perfect Cell is very large. Goku was tired, but he was still stomped, surely a tired Goku wouldn't be just a 1/10 of his power right, or even 1/5? I put tired Goku at 1/3 his full power, with Piccolo surpassing that. Then we have that page where everyone were shown, all 3 Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo were standing, while Goku and the earthlings were there on the floor. I really, seriously doubt that Semi Perfect Cell would be standing against a Cell Jr. Maybe ASSJ Vegeta but barely.

Then we have that Piccolo was already stronger than the SSJs before the ROSAT, surely after a second ROSAT he would be pretty much come out still stronger than them (before the 2nd ROSAT). With my numbers and using the same boosts for the 1st ROSAT training for both Vegeta and Piccolo, the latter comes up just a bit stronger than ASSJ Vegeta, and I'm really fine with that, I mean, the only direct statement for Piccolo's power in the Cell Games is that he is still below Initial Perfect Cell (the one who stomped ASSJ Vegeta), so I can say that Piccolo is stronger than ASSJ Vegeta but weaker than Initial Perfect Cell, much closer to the former though.
Goku has pretty much no stamina left, so it's not really impossible that he's that weak. Plus the cover just shows Piccolo's closer to the SSJs than the humans, what's pretty clear already. Not to mention Piccolo looks a bit worse than the SSJs on the cover, he looks like he's out of breath and about to double over:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Though i'm thinking Piccolo can be FP Semi Cell or perhaps SSJG2 Vegeta tier as i've found room for him to be >>> #16 but still trash to Base Saiyans.
dragon boss z wrote:Ya but Cell said that because he realized Gohan's power wasn't a joke, and later on it was stated multiple times that the power Goku was betting on was Gohan's rage power, not his normal power. Gohan's normal power is definitely in Goku's league, and maybe a bit above, but if they fought Goku would most likely win due to being a better fighter and Gohan mentally holding back.
I definitely don't think he's on Goku's league. Not only because of their perfomances against Cell, but because even by the Boo Arc Goku has barely surpassed Kid Gohan, while a far, far weaker Gohan still did better against Dabra than Goku did against Cell, and Dabra is implied to be equals, perhaps even stronger, with that Cell.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:

Purely physical battle
I think even Kuririn from the 23rd Budokai stomps. I don't remember DCEU Superman being anywhere as impressive as Comics Superman.
What feats does 23rd Krillin have that puts him anywhere close to DCEU Superman when it comes to physicals? Superman dragged a giant multi thousand ton boat, picked up a multi story building and flew with it as fast as the Flash could run, ect.

I definitely don't think he's on Goku's league. Not only because of their perfomances against Cell, but because even by the Boo Arc Goku has barely surpassed Kid Gohan, while a far, far weaker Gohan still did better against Dabra than Goku did against Cell, and Dabra is implied to be equals, perhaps even stronger, with that Cell.
I think Gohan used ssj2 to fight Dabura.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 pm

dragon boss z wrote:What feats does 23rd Krillin have that puts him anywhere close to DCEU Superman when it comes to physicals? Superman dragged a giant multi thousand ton boat, picked up a multi story building and flew with it as fast as the Flash could run, ect.
True, i did overrate Kuririn. Superman's superior, i see him as a City Buster. Kuririn is still weaker than Piccolo Daimao, who needed his strongest blast to destroy a city.

BoZ Kuririn can put up a good fight, and Vegeta battle and onwards it ends up being a stomp in Kuririn's favour.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
What feats does 23rd Krillin have that puts him anywhere close to DCEU Superman when it comes to physicals? Superman dragged a giant multi thousand ton boat, picked up a multi story building and flew with it as fast as the Flash could run, ect.
None of the feats you mentioned are relevant for a brawl.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:What feats does 23rd Krillin have that puts him anywhere close to DCEU Superman when it comes to physicals? Superman dragged a giant multi thousand ton boat, picked up a multi story building and flew with it as fast as the Flash could run, ect.
True, i did overrate Kuririn. Superman's superior, i see him as a City Buster. Kuririn is still weaker than Piccolo Daimao, who needed his strongest blast to destroy a city.

BoZ Kuririn can put up a good fight, and Vegeta battle and onwards it ends up being a stomp in Kuririn's favour.
I doubt DCEU Superman is a city buster if he is, then he’s REALLY pushing it considering he got knocked out from a nuke. I’m sure Piccolo Daimao could defeat Superman considering Daimao just needs one of those attacks (IIRC he did a few back to back against Goku) to win.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Helios518 wrote: None of the feats you mentioned are relevant for a brawl.
I disagree. A brawl is all about speed, strength, and striking power. Superman has better feats in all categories, though that doesn't mean he is necessarily better, it just means Krillin has basically no feats.
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: True, i did overrate Kuririn. Superman's superior, i see him as a City Buster. Kuririn is still weaker than Piccolo Daimao, who needed his strongest blast to destroy a city.

That is reasonable via scaling. I'm just not sure because dragon ball characters tend to be on the weaker side when it comes to physical strength. Android saga Krillin and Tien couldn't even knock down Gero's metal door. If they had lets say mountain level psychical they would of knocked the entire lab right out of the mountain. And the door didn't seem like it was made out of super special material as Vegeta casually shot through it with a ki blast. Then we also have the 40 ton thing, and the 1,000 ton thing in the super manga.

However looking at striking feats, Vegeta vs Zarbon clashing made the rocks around them crumble, Zarbon smashed Vegeta into the ground making a deep crater, and Reccome was able to blow a ki blast away with just his breath. So based off of those feats and scaling I think in a physical fight DCEU Superman would probably be somewhere in the saiyan saga range.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:54 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Helios518 wrote: None of the feats you mentioned are relevant for a brawl.
I disagree. A brawl is all about speed, strength, and striking power. Superman has better feats in all categories, though that doesn't mean he is necessarily better, it just means Krillin has basically no feats.
The feats you mentioned are specifically only travel speed and/or lifting strength feats. To be specific the most important physicals in a fight would be reaction/combat speed, durability, and attack power. The only way you can believe that's relevant to the fight is if you think that DCEU Supes is going to go out of character and throw a large object at Kuririn and/or ram at him.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Helios518 wrote: The feats you mentioned are specifically only travel speed and/or lifting strength feats. To be specific the most important physicals in a fight would be reaction/combat speed, durability, and attack power. The only way you can believe that's relevant to the fight is if you think that DCEU Supes is going to go out of character and throw a large object at Kuririn and/or ram at him.
Superman throws things and rams things all the time. How is that out of character? And I'm not sure If Krillin's strikes can even put Superman down until maybe post Kami training. Before then they really won't do much to him. He could probably just stand there.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Toppo's hands vs Gohan at full power
Toppo's hands
    Kefla vs Anilaza.

Helios518
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
    Helios518 wrote: The feats you mentioned are specifically only travel speed and/or lifting strength feats. To be specific the most important physicals in a fight would be reaction/combat speed, durability, and attack power. The only way you can believe that's relevant to the fight is if you think that DCEU Supes is going to go out of character and throw a large object at Kuririn and/or ram at him.
    1) Superman throws things and 2) rams things all the time. How is that out of character? And I'm not sure If Krillin's strikes can even put Superman down until maybe post Kami training. Before then they really won't do much to him. He could probably just stand there.

1) So what is the largest thing DCEU Superman threw at someone in a fight?

2) Hmm I now remembered his fight with Zod but he usually uses that as only as a recovery from knockback or as an opener, otherwise you're not going to see him do it.

Either way I'm not debating on Kuririn vs DCEU Supes, I'm debating on how relevant travel speed and lifting strength is in a fight.

Edit: Clearing up my post.