The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:24 pm

New match: (This is probably a easy one, but let's go):

- current Piccolo vs. current Android 17
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:53 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
mcdjbeatz wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:Buu Arc Piccolo vs Cell Games Vegeta vs Cell Jr

A fight between the trio, who would be left out first, and who would win?
Piccolo and Vegeta work together to take out the Cell Jr and then Piccolo wins against Vegeta. Both Cell Games Vegeta and Piccolo held their own against the Cell Jr's, Piccolo has stated in the past that he spends his days training mostly intensely and Toriyama has stated in Chozenshu 1 that Piccolo trains when there are no battles or on days off suggesting that training is all he does.
Chapter: 333 (DBZ 139), P8.1
Gohan: “So, do you still spend every day in intense training?”
Piccolo: “More or less…”
With 7 years of training I don't see why Piccolo wouldn't have surpassed the level of a Cell Jr by the Buu Arc.
Yeah, I know that Piccolo trains, that's for sure. I just don't think he really surpassed by a lot a Cell Jr level since he's supposed to be on a different level way below Supreme Kai, who is weaker than Cell Games Goku. And I think the reason why Piccolo held his own against the Cell Jr was because they were holding back, and Cell only said Trunks and Vegeta were the ones who are able to fight them, so I put Cell Games Piccolo a lot below the Cell Jr. Though I think his Buu arc version and the Cell Jr are equals.
Chapter: 407 (DBZ 213), P5.3
Context: as the Cell Juniors beat everyone up
Cell (to Gohan): “If you don’t show your true worth soon, things will go past the point of no return. Look closely. Vegeta or Trunks are barely fighting evenly…Even Son Goku is in trouble, having lost his stamina…”
Note: Cell says that “Vegeta ya Trunks” are fighting evenly; ya is a non-exhaustive word for ‘and’, meaning the things listed aren’t necessarily the only things there are to list. In other words, Cell’s line doesn’t necessarily mean that nobody but Trunks or Vegeta are fighting evenly, just that they’re the first examples to come to mind

The phrasing of Cell's line implies that Vegeta were the first examples of people holding their own against the Cell Jr's rather than the only people who were holding their own. In the title page of Dragon Ball manga chapter 408 we see Piccolo, Vegeta and Trunks still standing while the humans and Goku are on the ground. Piccolo, Trunks and Vegeta all possess similar wounds that drew blood which implies that they are around a similar level of strength and were the only ones holding their own. I have Kaioshin close to SSJ Cell Games Gohan who I have around 66% stronger than SSJ CG Goku, my reasoning for this is that Gohan thought Goku and Cell weren't trying in their fight when comparing them to himself which implies a fair difference in strength, Cell was quite pleased with Gohan after powering up, Vegeta was astonished by Gohan's power after witnessing Goku's full power which leaves a fair bit of wiggle room for Piccolo's strength to increase above the level of a Cell Jr.
Chapter: 404 (DBZ 210), P2.3-4
Context: after Gohan powers up
Vegeta: “That brat…How did he get such a gigantic battle power?…This is impossible…!”
Cell: “Looks like what Son Goku said wasn’t a complete bluff…But it seems he overstated things a little when he said you could defeat me…”

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:09 pm

mcdjbeatz wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:
mcdjbeatz wrote:
Piccolo and Vegeta work together to take out the Cell Jr and then Piccolo wins against Vegeta. Both Cell Games Vegeta and Piccolo held their own against the Cell Jr's, Piccolo has stated in the past that he spends his days training mostly intensely and Toriyama has stated in Chozenshu 1 that Piccolo trains when there are no battles or on days off suggesting that training is all he does.
Chapter: 333 (DBZ 139), P8.1
Gohan: “So, do you still spend every day in intense training?”
Piccolo: “More or less…”
With 7 years of training I don't see why Piccolo wouldn't have surpassed the level of a Cell Jr by the Buu Arc.
Yeah, I know that Piccolo trains, that's for sure. I just don't think he really surpassed by a lot a Cell Jr level since he's supposed to be on a different level way below Supreme Kai, who is weaker than Cell Games Goku. And I think the reason why Piccolo held his own against the Cell Jr was because they were holding back, and Cell only said Trunks and Vegeta were the ones who are able to fight them, so I put Cell Games Piccolo a lot below the Cell Jr. Though I think his Buu arc version and the Cell Jr are equals.
Cell (to Gohan): “If you don’t show your true worth soon, things will go past the point of no return. Look closely. Vegeta or Trunks are barely fighting evenly…Even Son Goku is in trouble, having lost his stamina…”
Note: Cell says that “Vegeta ya Trunks” are fighting evenly; ya is a non-exhaustive word for ‘and’, meaning the things listed aren’t necessarily the only things there are to list. In other words, Cell’s line doesn’t necessarily mean that nobody but Trunks or Vegeta are fighting evenly, just that they’re the first examples to come to mind

The phrasing of Cell's line implies that Vegeta were the first examples of people holding their own against the Cell Jr's rather than the only people who were holding their own. In the title page of Dragon Ball manga chapter 408 we see Piccolo, Vegeta and Trunks still standing while the humans and Goku are on the ground. Piccolo, Trunks and Vegeta all possess similar wounds that drew blood which implies that they are around a similar level of strength and were the only ones holding their own. I have Kaioshin close to SSJ Cell Games Gohan who I have around 66% stronger than SSJ CG Goku, my reasoning for this is that Gohan thought Goku and Cell weren't trying in their fight when comparing them to himself which implies a fair difference in strength, Cell was quite pleased with Gohan after powering up, Vegeta was astonished by Gohan's power after witnessing Goku's full power which leaves a fair bit of wiggle room for Piccolo's strength to increase above the level of a Cell Jr.
Vegeta: “That brat…How did he get such a gigantic battle power?…This is impossible…!”
Cell: “Looks like what Son Goku said wasn’t a complete bluff…But it seems he overstated things a little when he said you could defeat me…”
Yeah, I agree, though Vegeta and Trunks being the only ones mentioned does imply that at least they have to be much stronger than Piccolo, though that doesn't mean that Piccolo can't stand up against the Cell Jrs and hold his own. I mean, that we know for sure, but not as much as Trunks and Vegeta.

Let's not forget that Gohan in the Buu arc got weaker, he would probably got a bit above Cell Games Goku level, and about Supreme Kai, I do believe he's weaker than the Buu arc SSJ1s, incluiding Gohan. The reason is because Supreme Kai was scared of a normal SSJ1 blast that Goku was going to fire at him, before the Majin Vegeta fight. Then there's also Dabura, we don't know if Gohan was SSJ1 or SSJ2, but the way the manga despict him, he seems SSJ1, at least for me, and Supreme Kai is stated to be way weaker than Dabura, so if Gohan (if we assume he was SSJ1) managed to make a good fight against Dabura, then Supreme Kai should be weaker than SSJ1 Gohan.

And more importantly, there's also the Z Sword. In the manga, Gohan as a normal SSJ1 pulled the Z sword out of the rock, and it was stated that Supreme Kai couldn't do it.

I do believe that there's possibilities for Buu arc Piccolo to surpass a Cell Jr, but for that to work out the Cell Jrs should be very close to Cell Arc Vegeta, and should be way way below Full Power 100% SSJ Goku. Probably 55% to 65%.

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:43 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
mcdjbeatz wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote: Yeah, I know that Piccolo trains, that's for sure. I just don't think he really surpassed by a lot a Cell Jr level since he's supposed to be on a different level way below Supreme Kai, who is weaker than Cell Games Goku. And I think the reason why Piccolo held his own against the Cell Jr was because they were holding back, and Cell only said Trunks and Vegeta were the ones who are able to fight them, so I put Cell Games Piccolo a lot below the Cell Jr. Though I think his Buu arc version and the Cell Jr are equals.

Yeah, I agree, though Vegeta and Trunks being the only ones mentioned does imply that at least they have to be much stronger than Piccolo, though that doesn't mean that Piccolo can't stand up against the Cell Jrs and hold his own. I mean, that we know for sure, but not as much as Trunks and Vegeta.

Let's not forget that Gohan in the Buu arc got weaker, he would probably got a bit above Cell Games Goku level, and about Supreme Kai, I do believe he's weaker than the Buu arc SSJ1s, incluiding Gohan. The reason is because Supreme Kai was scared of a normal SSJ1 blast that Goku was going to fire at him, before the Majin Vegeta fight. Then there's also Dabura, we don't know if Gohan was SSJ1 or SSJ2, but the way the manga despict him, he seems SSJ1, at least for me, and Supreme Kai is stated to be way weaker than Dabura, so if Gohan (if we assume he was SSJ1) managed to make a good fight against Dabura, then Supreme Kai should be weaker than SSJ1 Gohan.

And more importantly, there's also the Z Sword. In the manga, Gohan as a normal SSJ1 pulled the Z sword out of the rock, and it was stated that Supreme Kai couldn't do it.

I do believe that there's possibilities for Buu arc Piccolo to surpass a Cell Jr, but for that to work out the Cell Jrs should be very close to Cell Arc Vegeta, and should be way way below Full Power 100% SSJ Goku. Probably 55% to 65%.
According to Daizenshuu 2 Gohan's power didn't change since he was a kid however there are lines in the manga that seemingly contradict this.

Chapter: 444 (DBZ 250), P7.1-4
Gohan: “Well, I’ve become a Super Saiyan. Now what? Is it alright if I fight like this?”
Kibito: “…Wh-what tremendous power…I can’t believe he’s a being of the lower world!”
Vegeta: “…Hmph…That bastard, he was far, far better when he killed Cell. It’s because he slacked off in his training during peacetime…”
Kaioshin: “…No, even so this is magnificent energy, more so than I imagined…I wonder if I’ll be able to stop this power…”
Goku: “…Stop it?”
Chapter: 455 (DBZ 261), P6.1-2
Context: as Dabra fights Gohan
Goku: “Magic, huh? [Dabra]’s way stronger than I thought, ain’t he?”
Vegeta: “Hmph…Even so, he’s not an opponent [he? we?] can’t win against. [Gohan]’s so pathetic…So much so that he was stronger as a brat…”
Goku: “He really did slack off!”
Chapter: 452 (DBZ 258), P1.1-4
Goku: “Gohan, it’s your turn next, but have you trained properly?”
Vegeta: “Unfortunately, it seems he got carried away in peace and didn’t do any significant training. Our powers are higher than his now…Though I suppose there’s no telling what would happen if he snapped and went into a frenzy… ”
Kaioshin: “S-so that’s why these 3 have such composure...In a pinch, they can put forth tremendous power, like Son Goku displayed momentarily…”

These lines indicate that Gohan was weaker in the Buu Arc however I don't believe Gohan got weaker in terms of battle power. Instead he is rusty as a result of not training and can no longer gain power through anger which is what makes weaker than before rather than a loss in power. This means that Gohan has the same power as an SSJ as he did at the Cell Games however cannot access the same amount of power from rage that he did as an SSJ 2 at the Cell Games, if Gohan's power didn't change and is still 66% stronger than CG SSJ Goku like I think he is then there is still a lot of wiggle room for Piccolo to easily grow stronger than a Cell Jr and still be under Supreme Kai who is in turn under SSJ Gohan which makes sense considering how incredible some of his gains have been in the past.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:03 pm

mcdjbeatz wrote: According to Daizenshuu 2 Gohan's power didn't change since he was a kid however there are lines in the manga that seemingly contradict this.

Chapter: 444 (DBZ 250), P7.1-4
Gohan: “Well, I’ve become a Super Saiyan. Now what? Is it alright if I fight like this?”
Kibito: “…Wh-what tremendous power…I can’t believe he’s a being of the lower world!”
Vegeta: “…Hmph…That bastard, he was far, far better when he killed Cell. It’s because he slacked off in his training during peacetime…”
Kaioshin: “…No, even so this is magnificent energy, more so than I imagined…I wonder if I’ll be able to stop this power…”
Goku: “…Stop it?”
Chapter: 455 (DBZ 261), P6.1-2
Context: as Dabra fights Gohan
Goku: “Magic, huh? [Dabra]’s way stronger than I thought, ain’t he?”
Vegeta: “Hmph…Even so, he’s not an opponent [he? we?] can’t win against. [Gohan]’s so pathetic…So much so that he was stronger as a brat…”
Goku: “He really did slack off!”
Chapter: 452 (DBZ 258), P1.1-4
Goku: “Gohan, it’s your turn next, but have you trained properly?”
Vegeta: “Unfortunately, it seems he got carried away in peace and didn’t do any significant training. Our powers are higher than his now…Though I suppose there’s no telling what would happen if he snapped and went into a frenzy… ”
Kaioshin: “S-so that’s why these 3 have such composure...In a pinch, they can put forth tremendous power, like Son Goku displayed momentarily…”

These lines indicate that Gohan was weaker in the Buu Arc however I don't believe Gohan got weaker in terms of battle power. Instead he is rusty as a result of not training and can no longer gain power through anger which is what makes weaker than before rather than a loss in power. This means that Gohan has the same power as an SSJ as he did at the Cell Games however cannot access the same amount of power from rage that he did as an SSJ 2 at the Cell Games, if Gohan's power didn't change and is still 66% stronger than CG SSJ Goku like I think he is then there is still a lot of wiggle room for Piccolo to easily grow stronger than a Cell Jr and still be under Supreme Kai who is in turn under SSJ Gohan which makes sense considering how incredible some of his gains have been in the past.
Well, I think it can work like that too. I mean, Gohan's power can also easily be the same as he was a kid. Though still, Piccolo was said to be way below Supreme Kai, in different dimensions, and the Daizenshuu doesn't contradict this, saying that he is indeed far above Piccolo. We know that there can easily be a small gap to stomp an opponent. However in this case, they are portrayed as their dimentions being different, with Kaioshin being portrayed as well higher than Piccolo, and I don't think just a x1.25 of difference is enough for that. Maybe a x1.5, only because of that line.

Another thing I forgot is that the Cell Jrs, while being around Vegeta's level according to the Daizenshuu, they are actually above him since Cell told them to stop playing and kill them. That would put the Cell Jrs above Vegeta. Not by much obviously but certainly above.

I'm not saying that Buu arc Piccolo can't be surpassed by the Cell Jr. That is possible. What I'm saying is that it's like a 50% of chances for that to happen. It's possible if we use just guides, but if we ignore the guides' information and just go by the manga statements (like in the case of the Cell Jr playing, and Gohan's power in the Buu arc) then Buu arc Piccolo surpassing the Cell Jr seems a bit unlikely.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Noah wrote:New match: (This is probably a easy one, but let's go):

This just isn't fair to Piccolo.
17 was fighting on par with SsjB Goku, who, even if he was holding back, is leagues above Piccolo.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:26 pm

Final Form Frieza vs Kid Goten and Kid Trunks, no fusion but their power after the ROSAT.

I see a lot of debate about Goten vs Frieza but I'm wondering what if we throw Kid Trunks in there.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Final Form Frieza vs Kid Goten and Kid Trunks, no fusion but their power after the ROSAT.

I see a lot of debate about Goten vs Frieza but I'm wondering what if we throw Kid Trunks in there.
Freeza during Namek? Goten and Trunks curbstomp him.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:47 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Final Form Frieza vs Kid Goten and Kid Trunks, no fusion but their power after the ROSAT.

Even Goten alone before the ROSAT would stomp Frieza with just a small slap, if not a finger. Goten was able to give problems to Buu arc SSJ1 Gohan, and was way above Android 18 since Trunks was completely holding back his attack on her and she was surprised by their power.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:44 pm

MainJPW wrote:

Freeza during Namek? Goten and Trunks curbstomp him.
Youd be surprised how many people dont think Goten can beat final form Frieza.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Their Base powers stands no chances against Final Form Freeza.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black vs. Super Janemba. (Both at equal power.)

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Buu arc Chiaotzu runs the gauntlet:

vs Nappa

vs Guldo

vs Vegeta (saiyan arc)

vs Cui

vs Dodoria

vs Zarbon (transformed)

vs Recoome

vs Ginyu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:02 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black vs. Super Janemba. (Both at equal power.)
The one with better dimension cutting power wins
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:31 am

dragonball0900 wrote:Buu Arc Piccolo vs Cell Games Vegeta vs Cell Jr
A fight between the trio, who would be left out first, and who would win?
Cell Jr. was stated to be equal to Vegeta in one of the guides "at the time", possibly indicating that the brats were holding back on them back then. Further supported by the fact that they were stated to have roughly the same power as Cell himself. I think Piccolo must have definitely improved enough to beat them all one-on-one, but might have trouble with both of them. Piccolo > Cell Jr. > Vegeta
Off-topic: I just realized all of these 3 have the same name as their fathers. What a funny coincidence.
Noah wrote:New match: (This is probably a easy one, but let's go):
I think No. 17 was way stronger than SS Goku, but not quite as strong as SS2 or SS3. So I ended up with Piccolo and No. 17 having the same gap as they did back in the Androids Saga, so it'd pretty much be a replica of their previous fight. Piccolo would win if he uses the Light Grenade/ Gekiretsu Kodan.
Goku using SSB on 17 means nothing. And for all the people saying that since Goku went straight to SSB and so 17 would be stronger than SS2 and SS3, that doesn't seem to be the case either. Why would Goku use those draining forms rather than SSB?
Trunks doesn't have a sizable gap over Goten. Both of them would lose in Base but stomp as Super Saiyans.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black vs. Super Janemba. (Both at equal power.)
Guy with Son Goku's fighting style combined with prodigious Kaioshin abilities, not to mention tricks like Shunkan-Ido, Genki-Dama and Kaio-Ken is too OP. pls nerf.
dragonball0900 wrote:Buu arc Chiaotzu runs the gauntlet:
vs Nappa
vs Guldo
vs Vegeta (saiyan arc)
vs Cui
vs Dodoria
vs Zarbon (transformed)
vs Recoome
vs Ginyu
Manga!Chaozu makes it to transformed!Zarbon in raw strength and clears the gauntlet with his psychic abilities. Anime!Chaozu clears the gauntlet with zero effort and takes Freeza's place as the emperor of the Universe after defeating him with his psychic abilities.

-NEW FIGHTS-
Golden Freeza & U6 Arc Hit vs. SS Rose Goku Black & Future Zamasu
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:41 am

vs Nappa

vs Guldo

vs Vegeta (Saiyan arc)

vs Cui

vs Dodoria

vs Zarbon (transformed)

vs Recoome

vs Ginyu
We don't have any information on how powerful he is here. If him being able to freeze post god ritual Base Goku in Super is anything to go by then maybe he could launch them all into the sun or something, idk.

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 am

I going to assume this is Namek 100% Freeza. I have Goten and Trunks slightly under Freeza after their ROSAT training so that in the Yo Son Goku and His Friends Return Special they can be slightly stronger than Freeza due to growth, training or a combination of both in order to match Abo and Kado, the combination of the two would be enough to wipe out Freeza.
DBZ Macky wrote: -NEW FIGHTS-
Golden Freeza & U6 Arc Hit vs. SS Rose Goku Black & Future Zamasu
Future Zamasu stalls either Hit or Freeza with his immortality while Goku Black dismantles one of them, then Goku Black and Zamasu work together to eliminate the remainder.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Maybe together they could win. Also in super ep 21 when Bulma said her son defeated Frieza Jaco said that a kid can't be Frieza and Bulma said of course not her son from the future did it. To me that sounds like an implication kid Trunks can't win, at least not by himself.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm

1) Ruthless Final Form Frost vs. P Zamasu.

2) Hit (Future Trunks Saga) vs. Karoly Black.

3) Legendary Super Saiyan Kale vs. God Broly.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Ruthless Final Form Frost vs. P Zamasu.
Goku was beating Frost with ssj, he went ssj2 for Zamasu, plus Zamasu has kai powers, so Zamsu should win.
2) Hit (Future Trunks Saga) vs. Karoly Black.
If Karoly Black is supposed to be a Black and Brolly fusion he stomps Hit.
3) Legendary Super Saiyan Kale vs. God Broly.
Broly most likely stomps.
vs Nappa
vs Guldo
vs Vegeta (saiyan arc)
vs Cui
vs Dodoria
vs Zarbon (transformed)
vs Recoome
vs Ginyu
Based off of feats he can't beat anybody here unless you go by filler, in which he stops at maybe Vegeta.