The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 am

PFM18 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Also, I agree with you that base Cabba wouldn't in a million years, as of the TOP, be able to even slightly annoy Super Vegetto.
I think he would still be fodderized by Super Vegetto, even with his SS2.
I missed this little blurb. Cabba was even with Base Vegeta who was stronger than the Goku who's SSJ was>SSG. They got way stronger in their training with Whis and then trained for an additional 3 years and Cabba was STILL even with Vegeta. He would atleast be somewhere close to Buu Arc Super Vegetto in his Base and he would completely slaughter Vegetto if they are both Super Saiyan

I know you seem to think that there was a retcon but your only defense is the Lavender/Basil scenes.
Goku's SS was never greater than SSG. The most you could say was that his Super Saiyan form was equal to, or less than God(per Beerus dominating a good portion of that fight and wondering if Goku really had lost the God power).

Also, there is nothing to suggest that Vegeta's base form was ever stronger than Goku's Super Saiyan form from back then.

I also bring up Piccolo and Gohan, and his performance with the base Saiyans as a defence of them still being ridiculously powerful, but still nowhere near the God tier that everyone thinks they are(for some reason).

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:47 am

Goku absorbed and took on the powers he had as red, so there's really no reason to assume otherwise in my opinion. I feel this is strongly reinforced by a number of feats. If Goku had somehow been weakened down to a level as pathetic as where he was during the Buu saga, he wouldn't have been able to fight on par with Final Form Frieza, give Monaka-Beerus a good fight, take on the same Copy Base Vegeta who flat-out tanked all of SSJ3 Gotenks' attacks, tank a fully charged attack from a Piccolo who had likely surpassed Buu saga levels himself, and hang in there momentarily with Golden Frieza.

Base Gohan (RoF) was strongly implied to be stronger than Piccolo, yet he struggled against Tagoma. Base Vegeta on the other hand, effortlessly destroyed an even stronger Ginyu-Tagoma.

Base Goku / Vegeta (RoF) >>> Buuhan > Buutenks > Ultimate Gohan (Buu saga) SSJ Gohan (RoF) > / = 25-50% Ultimate Gohan (Buu saga) > Ginyu-Tagoma > Tagoma = Super Buu >> Base Gohan (RoF) > Piccolo (RoF) > / = Perfect Cell
PFM18 wrote:Toppo pretty comfortably.

Base Cabba vs Buu Arc Super Vegetto
Piccolo(ToP) vs Super Buu
Roshi(ToP) vs Captain Ginyu
Tagoma vs Kid Buu
SSBE Vegeta(post boost vs Toppo)vs SSJ2 Kefla
Anilaza vs Merged Zamasu
Tien Android Arc vs Namek 3rd form Freeza
I'm leaning towards Base Cabba since he fought on par with Base Vegeta during the Universe 6 Tournament. I know it's debatable, but I personally feel Base Vegeta by that point had surpassed SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga).

Piccolo would wreck any form of Buu with minimal effort at this point. He was able to wreck an SSJ2 Gohan that likely wasn't too far off from his Ultimate self from the Buu saga. I'm guessing his training with Ultimate Gohan helped out quite a bit as well; he was after all able to push Base Goku back with his blast (though he wasn't able to inflict any damage).

Roshi took on Ganos, someone who I doubt is weaker than the Ginyu Force. Roshi's skill may have played a big role during that fight, but I doubt it was skill alone that enabled him to do so well.

Tagoma wins if he could generate a blast powerful enough to completely obliterate Buu.

Aniraza took on 5 SSB-tier fighters; not quite sure Merged Zamasu could do that. Aniraza likely wins without much difficulty.

By the Android saga, Tien at the very least surpassed the Ginyus. This is supported by his performance against Jeice and Burter on King Kai's. Yes, that whole battle was filler, but I don't see why it can't be used to help determine his power.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:24 am

Vegeta's turn! This time with the SSJ forms added to his Saiyan arc self.

SSJ Vegeta vs Enraged Gohan(the one that attacked Freeza's 2nd form)
SSJ2 Vegeta vs Piccolo(after merging with Nail, and has removed his turban & cape)
SSJ3 Vegeta(if he ever learned it) vs Namek Freeza at 6% power
"That's my Bulma!" Vegeta vs Namek Freeza at 33% power
SSJG Vegeta vs Boohan
SSJB Vegeta vs Anime Base Vegetto
SSJBE Vegeta vs SSJ3 GT Goku(before his tail was brought back)
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:14 am

JazzMazz wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Also, I agree with you that base Cabba wouldn't in a million years, as of the TOP, be able to even slightly annoy Super Vegetto.
I think he would still be fodderized by Super Vegetto, even with his SS2.
I missed this little blurb. Cabba was even with Base Vegeta who was stronger than the Goku who's SSJ was>SSG. They got way stronger in their training with Whis and then trained for an additional 3 years and Cabba was STILL even with Vegeta. He would atleast be somewhere close to Buu Arc Super Vegetto in his Base and he would completely slaughter Vegetto if they are both Super Saiyan

I know you seem to think that there was a retcon but your only defense is the Lavender/Basil scenes.
Goku's SS was never greater than SSG. The most you could say was that his Super Saiyan form was equal to, or less than God(per Beerus dominating a good portion of that fight and wondering if Goku really had lost the God power).
I thought it was made abundantly clear that as a golden SSJ Goku had surpassed SSG when Beerus said that he infused the power, Goku didn't notice until Beerus told him, and then stated he was at the same strength. He was established to be at the same strength, and then Beerus still dominates him but this isn't at all evidence that he got weaker. Beerus was going to dominate him regardless of what happened, he is leaps and bounds above him. Even if Goku suddenly went SSBKKx20 in that scene he still would have lost so this is a poor argument. So it was established that SSJ=SSG, then Beerus provokes Goku into drawing out more power and Goku pushes Beerus back and he has the SSJ except with the red aura this time. In that moment, he clearly surpassed SSG and there's no evidence he got weaker from there.(Not to mention the episode that Goku "drops" out of SSG and into golden SSJ is literally titled "Surpass a Super Saiyan God".)In fact, there's evidence he got even stronger than that when he evaporated Beerus's blast after that.
Also, there is nothing to suggest that Vegeta's base form was ever stronger than Goku's Super Saiyan form from back then.
I apologize I did not make my point clear on that. I was not trying to say:
Base Vegeta>SSJ Goku(BoG post-ritual)
I was trying to say:
U6 Vegeta>>Goku(BoG post-ritual) as in any equivalent form. Vegeta's Base would be stronger than Goku's base from back then and Vegeta's SSJ is much stronger than Goku's SSJ from back then. But Vegeta's base was not stronger than Goku's SSJ from back then.
I also bring up Piccolo and Gohan, and his performance with the base Saiyans as a defence of them still being ridiculously powerful, but still nowhere near the God tier that everyone thinks they are(for some reason).
Piccolo never showed anything that suggested superiority over the Base Saiyans during that time so I don't know why you brought him up. Gohan's base during ROF was stronger than Piccolo, then he had been training since ROF and so by the time him and Goku were sparring Gohan was probably extremely strong. Additionally, during their sparring match Goku explicitly admitted to holding back so this isn't in any way evidence that they are weaker than I am suggesting.

To be clear, I am not suggesting Base Saiyans>SSG Goku BoG I am just saying SSJ Goku(post-ritual)>SSG Goku BoG and by the point of the U6 Arc Goku and Vegeta's SSJ forms were far superior to SSG Goku from BoG. And I don't just think this "for some reason" that is the story being told in the show and I am just paying close attention to it.

At this point, to say that Buu Arc SSJ Vegetto>SSJ Cabba is just factually incorrect. There's hardly any, if any at all, evidence that is the case.
Roshi took on Ganos, someone who I doubt is weaker than the Ginyu Force. Roshi's skill may have played a big role during that fight, but I doubt it was skill alone that enabled him to do so well.
How do you have any clue how strong Ganos is? For all we know he is just fodder and one of the only characters Roshi could beat.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:SS3 Kaioken X20 (no stamina problems) vs Janemba
Who is using SSJ3 with Kaioken x20? Goku?
My apologies, yes.

MUI Jiren vs Whis

MUI Goku (beginning of Dragon Ball) runs a gauntlet:

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan
7. Fat Boo
8. SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan
10. Super Vegito (Boo Arc)
11. SS God Goku (BOG Arc)

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 pm

1. SSJ Cabba vs Base Vegito (Buu Saga)
2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
3. Base Caulifla vs Super Buu
4. Base Kefla (ToP) vs Base Vegito (ToP)
5. SSG Goku vs Base Vegito (ToP)
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:1. SSJ Cabba vs Base Vegito (Buu Saga)
2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
I would say that SS Cabba would be capable of overpowering Buu Saga base Vegetto, though that would probably be the best he would be able to do.

I would say Base Caulifla would be fighting a losing battle against Super Buu in all their forms.

Not sure about the fusion on fusion, but I think Kefla may come out on top due to having good synergy between the fusee's.

Based on the TOP, I think SSG would lose to base Vegetto.

I think Frost and Fat Buu would be similiarly matched, with maybe Frost having a slight advantage over Fat Buu.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:59 pm

SSJ Cabba is, at the very least, stronger than Base Vegeta. That is enough for even Base Cabba stomp Base Vegetto without effort.
2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
If Zamasu pays attention to Boo's abosorbtions and candy beam, he wins handily.
Caulifla stomps.
Probably base Vegetto. The point of fusion is to create a being far stronger than any of the fusers alone could possibly get, so Base Vegetto is stronger than even SSJB Goku.
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
1st form Frost stomps.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 pm

2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
Cabba one shots.
Zamasu one shots.
Caulifla one shots.
Vegetto with a slight edge.
Which SSG Goku? ToP? BoG?
Frost one shots

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 am

Future Trunks team enters the Tournament Power. How far do they go?

1. Future Trunks (The same Future Trunks that we saw after he left with Mai after the Future Trunks saga)
2. Future #16 (Reprogram by Bluma to be good)
3. Future Goku (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training on North Kai's Planet)
4. Future Gohan (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training on North Kai's Planet)
5. Future Vegeta (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training in Hell)
6. Future Metal Cooler (Has taken over Namek for decades with the Big Gete Star)
7. Future Fat Buu (Awaken out of his shell and is train to be good)
8. Future Captain Ginyu (In the body of the other Future Trunks in the other timeline)
9. Future Piccolo (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training on North Kai's Planet)
10. Tagoma (Probably still alive in the other Future Trunks timeline)

I don't care about the movies fitting in or not with this list. I just made this list for fun
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Future Trunks team enters the Tournament Power. How far do they go?

1. Future Trunks (The same Future Trunks that we saw after he left with Mai after the Future Trunks saga)
3. Future Goku (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training on North Kai's Planet)
4. Future Gohan (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training on North Kai's Planet)
6. Future Metal Cooler (Has taken over Namek for decades with the Big Gete Star)
8. Future Captain Ginyu (In the body of the other Future Trunks in the other timeline)
9. Future Piccolo (Given 24 hours on Earth and has years of training on North Kai's Planet)

I don't care about the movies fitting in or not with this list. I just made this list for fun
Everybody other than Future Trunks gets one shot by whoever feels like it. DBZ characters just arent on the same level as DBS characters thats just a fact.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
Vegito wrecks in instant
Kid Buu easily
Super Buu
Base Vegito
SSG Goku
Frost
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
Vegito wrecks in instant
Kid Buu easily
Super Buu
Base Vegito
SSG Goku
Frost
I am not trying to be rude, but be honest with me. Did you watch DBS?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm

PFM18 wrote:
I am not trying to be rude, but be honest with me. Did you watch DBS?
Sure, i did.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Vegito wrecks in instant
Kid Buu easily
Super Buu
Base Vegito
SSG Goku
Frost
This whole list goes down to the DBS characters. There's no scenario where DBZ characters are competing with DBS characters.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm

2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
- Base Vegito was implied to be stronger than Buutenks. He wins pretty easily.
- Present Zamasu has zero chance of winning. Future Zamasu one-shots.
- Super Buu easy.
- Goku and Vegeta > Caulifla and Kale, therefore the answer's obvious.
- Probably Vegito.
- Fat Buu easy.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Future Trunks team enters the Tournament Power. How far do they go?

- Trunks would get stronger just like Goku and Vegeta did during the tournament, due to plot. But, even considering this, he would never be able to beat Ssj2 Kefla. That's where he loses.

- The Future DBZ characters are weaker than their present counterparts. So 16 would be weaker than the one who's already faaar worse than Semi-perfect Cell. He loses pretty early.

- Still wouldn't get as strong as he was against Perfect Cell, as he would never enter in the RoSaT. Loses early.

- See above.

- See above.

- He has interesting powers that would be useful (regeneration, Instant Trasmission etc). But he'd still get smashed by someone like Monna for example.

- He'd go far until someone like Hit/Toppo/Dyspo/Ssj Berserker Kale/Jiren/Aniraza takes him out.

- He wouldn't be that useful. That version of Trunks is much weaker than the other one, plus Ginyu would also need time to adapt. Loses early.

- Still no RoSaT. So loses early.

- Basil (to name one) takes him out.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:- Base Vegito was implied to be stronger than Buutenks. He wins pretty easily.
- Super Buu easy.
- Probably Vegito.
- Fat Buu easy.
Not much difference between Present Zamasu and Future Zamasu. Present got owned by SSJ2 Goku and Future was stronger but Goku said that Trunks was enough to take him on. The only thing is that the Future Zamasu was immortal so he had more durability.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:- Base Vegito was implied to be stronger than Buutenks. He wins pretty easily.
- Super Buu easy.
- Probably Vegito.
- Fat Buu easy.
Not much difference between Present Zamasu and Future Zamasu. Present got owned by SSJ2 Goku and Future was stronger but Goku said that Trunks was enough to take him on. The only thing is that the Future Zamasu was immortal so he had more durability.
Future traded blows with SSB Goku for a second and Goku immediately noted that he was stronger than the present iteration.

It shouldnt matter though both versions of Zamasu one shot any form of Buu

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 pm

PFM18 wrote:Future traded blows with SSB Goku for a second and Goku immediately noted that he was stronger than the present iteration.

It shouldnt matter though both versions of Zamasu one shot any form of Buu
Goku didn't need SSB for Future Zamasu. An immortal person can trade blows with anyone including Beerus. SSB gets spammed everywhere in DBS. Goku uses it vs Gohan, Krillin, Ribrianne, Bergamo, Android 17, etc. It's not an indication of anything. If Goku said that Trunks is enough to handle Future Zamasu, then that's enough. I mean if the guy wasn't immortal, Trunks already stabbed him and he would've died. A battle is not just about who's stronger. Buu has faced several people stronger than he has and still won. He can regenerate and absorb. He has existed since time immemorial and defeated the 5 Kaioshins of Universe 7, 2 of them who were stronger than he was. Zamasu sparred with Kibito and won. Shin said that he may be the strongest Kai of all 12 universes. That's all we know. It's not a god level bargain sale for each person Goku spars with in base. Yes, characters from DBS are stronger in general, but characters from DBS have been defeated by DBZ characters as well. Basil vs Fat Buu is an example. I thought you should be studying btw? lol. Can't stay away can you?