The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:new Broly SS4 vs Whis who would win?
What does “new” mean? Toriyama’s Broli? Then Whis oneshots.
I'm talking about the Broly that will feature in the upcoming movie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broly. I seriously doubt we can say for sure whether Whis would beat up the Dragon Ball Super Broly.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:26 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Ya, they definitely made gains, just not like how they did back in early Z.
Well of course not. The gains in early Z were absolutely absurd. But in your original post you seemed to be implying that the gains were negligible during that time to the point you didn't even count them. They should have pretty significant gains from all of the comments from Beerus/Whis talking about their growth being surprisingly high.
Needing ssj against frost, having their base form be on par with U6 saiyans, being on par with future Trunks, having Krillin force Goku into ssj, having Buu with a few hours of training beat Goku, Goku being hurt by a bullet saying he got rusty, ect.
I mean all that means is that Frost, Future trunks, and the Universe 6 Saiyans are very strong. Not an indication that the Base Saiyans have been nerfed. In Krillin's case he was holding back obviously, and if anything the Buu scene corroborates the Base Saiyans power being very high. Goku was impressed that Buu was able to improve enough to even compete with his Base form. Fat Buu was already Buu arc SSJ2 tiers and he had to make huge gains to even compete with Goku who didn't even seem to be taking the bout seriously. At the very least:

ToP Base Goku(serious)>>Fit Buu~Base Goku ToP(casual)>>Buu arc Fat Buu>SSJ2 Vegeta

So again, I dont see that as evidence of a nerf. If anything it is the opposite.
Hulk10 wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
I'm talking about the Broly that will feature in the upcoming movie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broly. I seriously doubt we can say for sure whether Whis would beat up the Dragon Ball Super Broly.
I think it is fair to say that the New Broly probably won't be able to compete with Whis

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:49 pm

PFM18 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:Ya, they definitely made gains, just not like how they did back in early Z.
Well of course not. The gains in early Z were absolutely absurd. But in your original post you seemed to be implying that the gains were negligible during that time to the point you didn't even count them. They should have pretty significant gains from all of the comments from Beerus/Whis talking about their growth being surprisingly high.
Needing ssj against frost, having their base form be on par with U6 saiyans, being on par with future Trunks, having Krillin force Goku into ssj, having Buu with a few hours of training beat Goku, Goku being hurt by a bullet saying he got rusty, ect.
I mean all that means is that Frost, Future trunks, and the Universe 6 Saiyans are very strong. Not an indication that the Base Saiyans have been nerfed. In Krillin's case he was holding back obviously, and if anything the Buu scene corroborates the Base Saiyans power being very high. Goku was impressed that Buu was able to improve enough to even compete with his Base form. Fat Buu was already Buu arc SSJ2 tiers and he had to make huge gains to even compete with Goku who didn't even seem to be taking the bout seriously. At the very least:

ToP Base Goku(serious)>>Fit Buu~Base Goku ToP(casual)>>Buu arc Fat Buu>SSJ2 Vegeta

So again, I dont see that as evidence of a nerf. If anything it is the opposite.
Hulk10 wrote:
MainJPW wrote: What does “new” mean? Toriyama’s Broli? Then Whis oneshots.
I think it is fair to say that the New Broly probably won't be able to compete with Whis
I don't but I can see why you'd say that.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

Hulk10 wrote:
MainJPW wrote:
That’s what I meant. Whis would win against nonexistent SSJ4 Broli by default. The Broli in the actual movie? He’d probably still have stomp.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:41 pm

MainJPW wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
MainJPW wrote: What does “new” mean? Toriyama’s Broli? Then Whis oneshots.
That’s what I meant. Whis would win against nonexistent SSJ4 Broli by default. The Broli in the actual movie? He’d probably still have stomp.
I don't entirely agree with you but that's just me. I also would counter that since the original Broly could go SSJ4 new Broly could too. That makes it possible in my book.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 pm

PFM18 wrote: Well of course not. The gains in early Z were absolutely absurd. But in your original post you seemed to be implying that the gains were negligible during that time to the point you didn't even count them. They should have pretty significant gains from all of the comments from Beerus/Whis talking about their growth being surprisingly high.
We don't really know their standards for growth though.
I mean all that means is that Frost, Future trunks, and the Universe 6 Saiyans are very strong. Not an indication that the Base Saiyans have been nerfed.
Frost was treated like fodder to Frieza in the ToP, future Trunks had trouble with Dabura just a few years back and him being that level makes no sense, and the U6 saiyans didn't even know about ssj. They shouldn't be on the level of god absorbed Goku and Vegeta.
In Krillin's case he was holding back obviously,
He forced Goku into ssj, if he was holding back he would have just powered up his base.
and if anything the Buu scene corroborates the Base Saiyans power being very high. Goku was impressed that Buu was able to improve enough to even compete with his Base form. Fat Buu was already Buu arc SSJ2 tiers and he had to make huge gains to even compete with Goku who didn't even seem to be taking the bout seriously. At the very least:

I actually agree with your scale here. My personal head canon is Goku and Vegeta hold back on most characters (hence the nerfing) and when they are serious they can compete with ssj2 Caulifla for example.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:36 am

dragon boss z wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Well of course not. The gains in early Z were absolutely absurd. But in your original post you seemed to be implying that the gains were negligible during that time to the point you didn't even count them. They should have pretty significant gains from all of the comments from Beerus/Whis talking about their growth being surprisingly high.
We don't really know their standards for growth though.
I mean all that means is that Frost, Future trunks, and the Universe 6 Saiyans are very strong. Not an indication that the Base Saiyans have been nerfed.
Frost was treated like fodder to Frieza in the ToP, future Trunks had trouble with Dabura just a few years back and him being that level makes no sense, and the U6 saiyans didn't even know about ssj. They shouldn't be on the level of god absorbed Goku and Vegeta.
In Krillin's case he was holding back obviously,
He forced Goku into ssj, if he was holding back he would have just powered up his base.
and if anything the Buu scene corroborates the Base Saiyans power being very high. Goku was impressed that Buu was able to improve enough to even compete with his Base form. Fat Buu was already Buu arc SSJ2 tiers and he had to make huge gains to even compete with Goku who didn't even seem to be taking the bout seriously. At the very least:

I actually agree with your scale here. My personal head canon is Goku and Vegeta hold back on most characters (hence the nerfing) and when they are serious they can compete with ssj2 Caulifla for example.
I believe many people mistakenly, and rather easily too, miss the intent of why Goku is fighting Krillin on the roof top. In doing so, they jump to the conclusion that Goku actually needed to go SSJ, which he didn't. Everyone knows, in universe and all us viewers that Goku is leagues above Krillin and under no cirucmstance is Krillin going to win. Goku is figthing Kirllin to test his battle resolve. What's one of the 1st things to fail on Krillin? His courage. Time and time again.

The battle starts and Krillin does well, but even at his power level he is no match for Goku, even Goku in his base. So, Krillin trys to push Goku out using some strategy, which Goku even admits by saying " going for a ring out, huh?" So Goku fires back with SS. He clearly doesn't have to, but he does so, again, to test what Krillin will do. Krillin sticks to his plan ( strategy), and actually almost catches Goku off guard. Goku further responds with a " Whats next?" Which is why Goku sees if Krillin will crumble in the presence of SSB. Which Krillin doesn't! And that's what makes Krillin the real winner. BUT!!! if you wanna see what Goku would do to Krillin when he isn't simply testing Krillins resolve. Watch episode 75 of Super. That is how outclassed Krillin is against Goku.

People who belive that Goku was forced to use SS are delusional in believing that the gap between Goku and Krillin is so close. That battle took place to show us that Krillin had a pair of balls! Even in the face of super Saiyan blue. You could say that Krillin had blue balls for Goku! Too far?
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:42 am

Whis is attacked by Broly during one of his sushi runs. And there is one thing Whis will not forgive, and that's attacking him on a sushi run. Paragus tries to beg Broly to back down from this battle. But it's too late. Broly's fate is sealed.Whis approaches Broly silently, both just a few feet from each other. As Broly inhales to make an insult, one that will be his last, Whis one shots 'new broly ssj4" into absolute nothingness.

The end!

But serious, Whis stomps Broly.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:
Whis is attacked by Broly during one of his sushi runs. And there is one thing Whis will not forgive, and that's attacking him on a sushi run. Paragus tries to beg Broly to back down from this battle. But it's too late. Broly's fate is sealed.Whis approaches Broly silently, both just a few feet from each other. As Broly inhales to make an insult, one that will be his last, Whis one shots 'new broly ssj4" into absolute nothingness.

The end!

I see you too believe Whis is far more powerful.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote: I believe many people mistakenly, and rather easily too, miss the intent of why Goku is fighting Krillin on the roof top. In doing so, they jump to the conclusion that Goku actually needed to go SSJ, which he didn't. Everyone knows, in universe and all us viewers that Goku is leagues above Krillin and under no cirucmstance is Krillin going to win. Goku is figthing Kirllin to test his battle resolve. What's one of the 1st things to fail on Krillin? His courage. Time and time again.

The battle starts and Krillin does well, but even at his power level he is no match for Goku, even Goku in his base. So, Krillin trys to push Goku out using some strategy, which Goku even admits by saying " going for a ring out, huh?" So Goku fires back with SS. He clearly doesn't have to, but he does so, again, to test what Krillin will do. Krillin sticks to his plan ( strategy), and actually almost catches Goku off guard. Goku further responds with a " Whats next?" Which is why Goku sees if Krillin will crumble in the presence of SSB. Which Krillin doesn't! And that's what makes Krillin the real winner. BUT!!! if you wanna see what Goku would do to Krillin when he isn't simply testing Krillins resolve. Watch episode 75 of Super. That is how outclassed Krillin is against Goku.

People who belive that Goku was forced to use SS are delusional in believing that the gap between Goku and Krillin is so close. That battle took place to show us that Krillin had a pair of balls! Even in the face of super Saiyan blue. You could say that Krillin had blue balls for Goku! Too far?
This is just rationalizing an irrational situation. Base Goku is so much stronger than Krillin that with 1% of his power he should be able to stand in place while Krilling is firing his most powerful attack. Goku clearly showed visual sings of trouble and even went SSB and got carried away to the point 18 had to step in.
My point wasn't that Krillin is actually near base Goku, my point was the scene is inconsistent power wise and Goku should never have to go ssj under any circumstance.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:44 pm

New match:

- GoD Toppo, FP Jiren, Completed UI Goku vs. FP Beerus & FP Champa
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am

Noah wrote:New match:

Team Mortals...and GoD in training win.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:07 am

Hulk10 wrote:
ssj3kakarot wrote:

The end!

Yeah. I feel like he's a hax character. Someone not even Broly can contend with.

What are you thoughts?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 am

Two of those mortals are at least equals to the GoDs. Maybe a little a stronger. However by throwing Toppo into the mix, the team wins with low-mid difficulty.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:50 am

It is a slaughter in the mortal's favor. Toppo isn't even needed. Jiren was stated to be superior to Belmod who is stronger than Beerus and Completed UI Goku beat Jiren and the 3rd UI OMen was stated to be Beerus's equal, so naturally a better version of UI would eclipse Beerus.

Jiren>Beerus
Completed UI Goku>Champa

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 am

New Battles
1.) Tien (TOP) vs. Muten Roshi (TOP)
2.) BofDB Goku (can't become Oozaru) vs. Videl (w/ ability to manipulate Ki)
3.) Mr. Satan vs. Chi-chi
4.) Whis vs. Vados
5.) Anilaza vs. SSJ Kefla
6.) FP Cell vs. Broly (Second Coming)
7.) Piccolo (TOP) vs Android 18 (TOP)
8.) All Hakaishin vs. Whis, Vados, Marcarita and Cus
9.) FP Jiren vs. FP New Broly (lol)
10.) GOD Toppo vs. SSBE Vegeta (Deathmatch)
11.) Golden Freeza (TOP) vs. Ultimate Gohan (TOP)
12.) Rage Trunks (TOP) and Ultimate Gohan (TOP) vs. SSBKK Goku (TOP)
13.) FP SSBE Vegeta and SSBKK×20 Goku vs. SS2 Kefla
14.) FP Toppo (No GOD Form) vs. Ultimate Gohan, Golden Freeza and Android 17
15.) Krillin (TOP) vs. SSJ Goku (BofAndroid arc)
16.) SSB Kefla vs. SSB Gogeta (TOP)(No Time Limit)
17.) SS3 Gohan (Buu arc) vs. Piccolo ( TOP)
18.) Golden Oozaru Cumber vs. Whis
19.) Vegito Blue (TOP) vs. UI Beerus
20.) FP Champa vs. All of Team U6
21.) Hit (TOP) vs. SSBE Vegeta (Deathmatch)
22.) Rose Goku Black (Scythe) (TOP) vs. SSB Vegeta, SSB Goku, Golden Freeza and Android 17 (All prior to the first awakening of Ultra Instinct)
23.) Dabura vs. Broly (8th Movie)
24.) Janemba vs. Buuhan (Fighting in Hell)
25.) UI Goku vs. UI Vegeta

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:14 am

New Hypothetical Question
How strong would Kami be if he fused Nail and regain his youth?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Nokra wrote:New Battles
1.) Tien (TOP) vs. Muten Roshi (TOP)
2.) BofDB Goku (can't become Oozaru) vs. Videl (w/ ability to manipulate Ki)
3.) Mr. Satan vs. Chi-chi
4.) Whis vs. Vados
5.) Anilaza vs. SSJ Kefla
6.) FP Cell vs. Broly (Second Coming)
7.) Piccolo (TOP) vs Android 18 (TOP)
8.) All Hakaishin vs. Whis, Vados, Marcarita and Cus
9.) FP Jiren vs. FP New Broly (lol)
10.) GOD Toppo vs. SSBE Vegeta (Deathmatch)
11.) Golden Freeza (TOP) vs. Ultimate Gohan (TOP)
12.) Rage Trunks (TOP) and Ultimate Gohan (TOP) vs. SSBKK Goku (TOP)
13.) FP SSBE Vegeta and SSBKK×20 Goku vs. SS2 Kefla
14.) FP Toppo (No GOD Form) vs. Ultimate Gohan, Golden Freeza and Android 17
15.) Krillin (TOP) vs. SSJ Goku (BofAndroid arc)
16.) SSB Kefla vs. SSB Gogeta (TOP)(No Time Limit)
17.) SS3 Gohan (Buu arc) vs. Piccolo ( TOP)
18.) Golden Oozaru Cumber vs. Whis
19.) Vegito Blue (TOP) vs. UI Beerus
20.) FP Champa vs. All of Team U6
21.) Hit (TOP) vs. SSBE Vegeta (Deathmatch)
22.) Rose Goku Black (Scythe) (TOP) vs. SSB Vegeta, SSB Goku, Golden Freeza and Android 17 (All prior to the first awakening of Ultra Instinct)
23.) Dabura vs. Broly (8th Movie)
24.) Janemba vs. Buuhan (Fighting in Hell)
25.) UI Goku vs. UI Vegeta
- Sadly, Roshi wins.
- Videl.
- Chi-Chi with a punch.
- Draw.
- Ssj Kefla was below SsjB Goku, Aniraza wasn't at all and it took all the members of U7 to take him down. Kefla has no chance here.
- Broly. Assuming this is Perfect Cell and not Super Perfect Cell.
- Piccolo, of course.
- The angels will always prevail.
- It's already confirmed that Broly will be Goku's strongest opponent ever. So, Jiren loses.
- Toppo destroys him.
- Freeza, of course.
- ToP Trunks? What? :lol: By the way, Goku should win against him (after a good battle). Gohan is meaningless, he was already defeated easily by his father during their spar match.
- Kefla has no chance here. Those two gave Jiren some trouble.
- Toppo gets his ass handed to him.
- I refuse to answer to this. You need to understand me, I've seen Krillin tanking a God Kamehameha and I'm still shocked.
- Gogeta.
- Goku (I already know someone won't agree with this...)
- If Fu can defeat him in approximately ten seconds, then Whis can do it in five.
- UI Beerus would probably beat UI Goku too, so there's no way a simple Vegito Blue can win.
- Champa just destroys them all in two minutes.
- Vegeta knows his killing techniques and is also much stronger. Hit hasn't got a chance for me.
- Why do you say "ToP"? Black Goku never partecipated in the ToP. Anyway, Goku and Vegeta alone are stronger than Black (since they gave Merged Zamasu trouble). If you add those two, then it's over.
- Dabura is weaker, but he can turn him into stone.
- Buutenks is more than enough to destroy Janemba. Why bother Buuhan?
- Draw.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:53 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ssj3kakarot wrote:

The end!

Yeah. I feel like he's a hax character. Someone not even Broly can contend with.

What are you thoughts?
Well given that Broly is a prodigal, Legendary Saiyan and he has in 30 years gained enough power to be more powerful than a God of Destruction in his Legendary Super Saiyan form, the higher up you go in the ladder of Saiyan transformations, the more powerful they become. And SSJ4 is in a tier similar to SSJB which is god level for ordinary Saiyans, so the question becomes, why wouldn't an Legendary SSJ4, be able to overpower an Angel if the basic Legendary Super Saiyan form is powerful enough to stomp a God of Destruction? That's my take.

ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj3kakarot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
ssj3kakarot wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

What are you thoughts?
Well given that Broly is a prodigal, Legendary Saiyan and he has in 30 years gained enough power to be more powerful than a God of Destruction in his Legendary Super Saiyan form, the higher up you go in the ladder of Saiyan transformations, the more powerful they become. And SSJ4 is in a tier similar to SSJB which is god level for ordinary Saiyans, so the question becomes, why wouldn't an Legendary SSJ4, be able to overpower an Angel if the basic Legendary Super Saiyan form is powerful enough to stomp a God of Destruction? That's my take.

Ahh! My take is that because Whis one shots Beerus. It's a feat however you look at the scene. A rather impressive one too. I think SSJ4 Broly would indeed be stronger than a God of Destruction. However, the level between someone like Beerus and Whis, in my opinion, is extremely large. So even though SSJ4 Broly would be closer to Whis, the gap would still be too large to make a dent in the mountain known as Whis.