The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:00 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: This is what I initially thought, too. Goku far surpasses the kids in both experience and skill, and I think that would give him the edge. I also don't think the kids are as powerful as some people make them out to be, even as Super Saiyans. Goten mostly trained with Chi-Chi, sparred with Trunks for fun, and did some training with a rusty Gohan before the Budokai. Trunks was a bit stronger, but even he hasn't trained anywhere near as hard as the older Saiyans have throughout their lifetimes. I certainly wouldn't put the boys anywhere near as strong as the Cell Games Saiyans, at least before they trained in the ROSAT.

On that note, another few fights just came to mind.

SSJ Gohan (Cell Games) vs SSJ Goten and Trunks (Budokai)
SSJ Gohan (Cell Games) vs SSJ Goten and Trunks (Post-ROSAT)
Future Trunks (Cell Games) vs Kid Trunks (Post-ROSAT)
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense how Future Trunks with age 14 is getting manhandled by Base Gohan while Present Trunks with age 8 and no experience aside from sparring with Goten is blocking hits from #18, but if it's what Mr Toriyama wanted, i can't complain.

For the fights, i think Gohan wins both turns. The Kids are strong, but Gohan helds a considerable advantage and this is Gohan at the peak of his fighting skills, and i don't think the Kids improved on the Rosat aside from Goten equaling Trunks.
Future Trunks gets stomped by his present self, though.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:22 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: SSJ Gohan (Cell Games) vs SSJ Goten and Trunks (Budokai)
The gets get thrashed every round. I personally have them below Namek Frieza, and at best I would put them at around androids 16 tier. I mean technically kid Trunks and future Trunks have the exact same genes and future Trunks when he was 17 was namek Goku tier, plus Goten and Trunks never actually beat anyone strong. They just have good showings sparring against their family, and I don't think sparring matches are a good representation of power. And if you go by anime filler both ssj Goten and Trunks were being held off by 18.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:40 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: On that note, another few fights just came to mind.

SSJ Gohan (Cell Games) vs SSJ Goten and Trunks (Budokai)
Gohan wins the first 2 fights easily. The last one they are both equals, but Future Trunks has more experience so he should win this.

Puaru
Banned

Post by Puaru » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 am

Who is the strongest character that current (TOP) Gohan could beat, and/or who is the strongest character he could have an even (tied) match with?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Puaru wrote:Who is the strongest character that current (TOP) Gohan could beat, and/or who is the strongest character he could have an even (tied) match with?
Either Dyspo or 17. Between those two.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:32 pm

1. Goku (no kaioken, no UI ), Vegeta, Toppo, F. trunks, Hit, and Frieza face off against one God of destruction at a time. They work together. No betrayal. No healing between matches. No killing. How many god's do they take out before they are defeated?

2. Jiren vs Beerus (to the death)?

3. Toppo, Vegeta, Trunks (no spirit sword), and Hit vs M. Zamasu (no immortality)?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:1. Goku (no kaioken, no UI ), Vegeta, Toppo, F. trunks, Hit, and Frieza face off against one God of destruction at a time. They work together. No betrayal. No healing between matches. No killing. How many god's do they take out before they are defeated?

3. Toppo, Vegeta, Trunks (no spirit sword), and Hit vs M. Zamasu (no immortality)?
- Nobody. Only Jiren was stated to be maybe stronger than a God of Destruction. The rest is much weaker.

- Either Beerus destroys him or he's done for.

- Vegeta and Trunks lose immediately, which happened in the actual anime. Toppo's in the same tier as the other two, so it's the same.
As for Hit... Vegetto said that Merged Zamasu wasn't immortal anymore, yet his strongest attack did nothing to him. So, he probably is half immortal, and I think that Hit's killing techniques would be useless against him.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:1. Goku (no kaioken, no UI ), Vegeta, Toppo, F. trunks, Hit, and Frieza face off against one God of destruction at a time. They work together. No betrayal. No healing between matches. No killing. How many god's do they take out before they are defeated?

- Nobody. Only Jiren was stated to be maybe stronger than a God of Destruction. The rest is much weaker.
You don't think they could take some of the weaker ones? It was stated Goku and Toppo were fighting on the level of gods, and that was before Goku used his full power.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
All together this team should at the very least give the weak ones a run for their money.

- Vegeta and Trunks lose immediately, which happened in the actual anime. Toppo's in the same tier as the other two, so it's the same.
As for Hit... Vegetto said that Merged Zamasu wasn't immortal anymore, yet his strongest attack did nothing to him. So, he probably is half immortal, and I think that Hit's killing techniques would be useless against him.
When he says no immortality I assume he means no regen at all. And in that case Goku arguably would of killed him by himself. And with Hit here, who specializes in assassination, I don't really see Zamasu taking this.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:

You don't think they could take some of the weaker ones? It was stated Goku and Toppo were fighting on the level of gods, and that was before Goku used his full power.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
All together this team should at the very least give the weak ones a run for their money.

When he says no immortality I assume he means no regen at all. And in that case Goku arguably would of killed him by himself. And with Hit here, who specializes in assassination, I don't really see Zamasu taking this.
That's the manga. In the anime it's different.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:26 pm

1. It depends how much gap there is between the strongest and weakest Gods, and where Beerus sits on the scale.

I think they couldn't beat Beerus, but would land some good hits.
If we Assume Beerus is the mid tier or one of the strongest, then I think they could probably beat any of, say, the weakest three, but not more than one of any of them without heals between rounds.

2. Beerus. Unless Belmod is confirmed stronger than Beerus.

3. In the anime Goku could only really land significant hits with Kaioken. So I guess they can't do much. Perhaps Hit's killing techniques can manage something.
in the manga the team can wear him down enough for Hit to get a kill shot.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:39 am

TobyS wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote: 3. Toppo, Vegeta, Trunks (no spirit sword), and Hit vs M. Zamasu (no immortality)?
3. In the anime Goku could only really land significant hits with Kaioken. So I guess they can't do much. Perhaps Hit's killing techniques can manage something.
in the manga the team can wear him down enough for Hit to get a kill shot.
Actually only one hit was while in kaioken and his attack that damaged Zamasu the most and arguably would of killed him without his regen was when he wasn't using kaioken.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:42 pm

New battle.

1. Base Kid Goku (GT, shadow dragons arc) vs Base Goku (after absorbing god ki in BoG movie)?

2.Beerus (.05% true power) vs Buuhan?

3. Vegito (buu arc) vs ssj 4 goku (shadow dragons arc)?

4. Yamcha ( with Ultra Instinct, Cell games) vs Perfect Cell?

5. Perfect cell (kkx10 only) vs fresh ssj2 gohan?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:05 pm

Freeza (Resurrection F; Not counting Golden Freeza) vs Majin Buu (Before he trained)
Caulifla best girl! :)

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:New battle.

1. Base Kid Goku (GT, shadow dragons arc) vs Base Goku (after absorbing god ki in BoG movie)?

- Is this a joke? BOG Base Goku is weaker than 100% Final Form Freeza from the Namek arc. GT Goku one-shots.
- Beerus destroys him.
- There's no need to go this far, Ssj4 Goku from the Baby Vegeta arc is more than enough to handle Vegetto.
- Cell still wins, the power gap's too big.
- Cell stomps with KKx3 only.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:

- Is this a joke? BOG Base Goku is weaker than 100% Final Form Freeza from the Namek arc. GT Goku one-shots.
- Beerus destroys him.
- There's no need to go this far, Ssj4 Goku from the Baby Vegeta arc is more than enough to handle Vegetto.

I said after absorbing god ki

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:

- Beerus destroys him.

I said after absorbing god ki
Yeah, sorry.
Anyway, it's hard to say because Goku's power in base was retconned recently...

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Freeza (Resurrection F; Not counting Golden Freeza) vs Majin Buu (Before he trained)
Probably Frieza if he is serious. If he isn't careful he could get absorbed, turned into candy, or if the fight drags out too long he could become to tired to completely finish Buu off.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:14 am

[spoiler]Ancient transformation into a Golden Great Ape having gone through an even further reverse in evolution, restoring the true form and powers of a Saiyan.[/spoiler]

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]Ancient transformation into a Golden Great Ape having gone through an even further reverse in evolution, restoring the true form and powers of a Saiyan.[/spoiler]
This is the second time I've seen you post something like this. Just to clarify, are you posting this in the right topic?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:10 am

Helios518 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:[spoiler]Ancient transformation into a Golden Great Ape having gone through an even further reverse in evolution, restoring the true form and powers of a Saiyan.[/spoiler]
This is the second time I've seen you post something like this. Just to clarify, are you posting this in the right topic?
I apologize for the confusion, I sometimes need to do this in the aftermath of my usual resources not being available.