The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:29 am

Pre-Lifebringer Galactus & Taa II has fallen through a rift in the multiverse, and lands in U9. After consuming a handful of inhabited planets, Sidra arrives from a nearby system to put an end to Big G for interfering in his duties. Using cosmic awareness, Galactus has opted not to use the UN in order to not attract the attention of Zeno. Can Galactus survive an encounter with a Hakaishin long enough for Mojito to arrive & possibly clear up any misunderstanding?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Silver Surfer vs Buu Saga Goku
Caulifla best girl! :)

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:17 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:SS3 Kaioken X20 (no stamina problems) vs Janemba
Who is using SSJ3 with Kaioken x20? Goku?
My apologies, yes.

MUI Jiren vs Whis

MUI Goku (beginning of Dragon Ball) runs a gauntlet:

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan
7. Fat Boo
8. SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan
10. Super Vegito (Boo Arc)
11. SS God Goku (BOG Arc)
Personally, I would say he stops at 6-7 but I would like to see other opinions on this.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:18 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
Who is using SSJ3 with Kaioken x20? Goku?
My apologies, yes.

MUI Jiren vs Whis

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan
7. Fat Boo
8. SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan
Personally, I would say he stops at 6-7 but I would like to see other opinions on this.
Are we assuming that Goku also gets the massive boost he got from the ritual that ultimately allowed him to achieve SSB? Having God Ki seems like prerequisite to UI so I would think so.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:48 pm

PFM18 wrote:
My apologies, yes.

MUI Jiren vs Whis

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan
7. Fat Boo
8. SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan
Are we assuming that Goku also gets the massive boost he got from the ritual that ultimately allowed him to achieve SSB? Having God Ki seems like prerequisite to UI so I would think so.

In this scenario, it's going to be a standard beginning of Dragon Ball Goku who gets MUI without the ritual or any special training. It makes no sense but it's just for this scenario.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 pm

How would be your selection of players to compete for the World Cup using DB characters?

Mine would be:
GK: Mr. Boo
LB: Krillin
RWB: Goku
LWB: Vegeta
RB: Oob
LM: Yamcha
DM: Tenshinhan
AM: Future Trunks
LW: Android 17
RM: Gohan
CF: Piccolo
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:59 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:1. SSJ Cabba vs Base Vegito (Buu Saga)
2. Zamasu vs Kid Buu
3. Base Caulifla vs Super Buu
4. Base Kefla (ToP) vs Base Vegito (ToP)
5. SSG Goku vs Base Vegito (ToP)
6. Frost vs Fat Buu
1. Base Cabba was apparently on par with Base Vegeta, someone who by that point was likely at least SSJ Vegetto-tier if not considerably stronger; it's quite unlikely Base Vegetto would be able to do a thing against Base Cabba. So on the low end, if Base Cabba is comparable to SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga), not even turning Super Saiyan 3 would do much for Vegetto (Buu saga) against an opponent who is likely at least 50 times stronger.

2. Both Zamasus are incomparably stronger than any form of Buu. Anyone who could tangle with SSJ2 Goku (after ritual power absorption) is likely capable of wrecking SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga) by accidentally walking into him; Kid Buu would be destroyed instantly. There's also Zamasu tangling with SSB Goku, so yeah, this couldn't get much harder for Buu.

3. Base Caulifla is stronger than Base Cabba; meaning she's likely stronger than SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga). Super Buu has no chance of winning here. This match would likely be even more one-sided than Copy-Base Vegeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks; meaning Caulifla would tank all of Buu's hits and treat him like some joke. There are numerous feats strongly suggesting that the Universe 6 Saiyans are likely far stronger than anyone from the Buu saga.

4. Kale and Caulifa must have gotten one heck of a boost as SSJ2 Kefla was apparently stronger than Initial UI Goku. That said, I don't know how her base form would fare against Vegetto's since it's quite possible that SSJ2 Kefla was as strong as she was due to her transformations yielding a stronger boost / multiplier.

5. Base Kefla was far stronger than Red Goku, so quite likely that the same applies to Base Vegetto.

6. Frost was at least on par with Base Goku / Vegeta during the Universe 6 Tournament in my opinion. Another one-sided match up that isn't in Buu's favor.
PFM18 wrote:
Roshi took on Ganos, someone who I doubt is weaker than the Ginyu Force. Roshi's skill may have played a big role during that fight, but I doubt it was skill alone that enabled him to do so well.
How do you have any clue how strong Ganos is? For all we know he is just fodder and one of the only characters Roshi could beat.
Quitela being surprised Ganos was eliminated is a strong implication that Ganos could have been one of the stronger members on his team. I just find it odd that Quitela would have so much confidence in some Ginyu-tier weakling when he knows there are guys like Goku, Vegeta, Android 17, and Frieza roaming around. I'm not saying Ganos is anywhere near them, but for him to only be Ginyu-tier sounds a bit silly in my opinion.

Roshi also went on about Ganos powering up and eventually causing Goku and the other some trouble. If Ganos was Ginyu-tier, it would take far too long for him to reach a point where he could actually challenge Goku.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Quitela being surprised Ganos was eliminated is a strong implication that Ganos could have been one of the stronger members on his team. I just find it odd that Quitela would have so much confidence in some Ginyu-tier weakling when he knows there are guys like Goku, Vegeta, Android 17, and Frieza roaming around. I'm not saying Ganos is anywhere near them, but for him to only be Ginyu-tier sounds a bit silly in my opinion.

Roshi also went on about Ganos powering up and eventually causing Goku and the other some trouble. If Ganos was Ginyu-tier, it would take far too long for him to reach a point where he could actually challenge Goku.
But that was only speculation on Roshi's part. We only really saw him fight anyone else when Goku punched him across the stage at the very beginning when Ganos was blocking. There isn't enough evidence to think Roshi gained a massive power boost. Even being on Captain Ginyu's level is a big jump.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Nobody answered my question.
Caulifla best girl! :)

supercat

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm

PFM18 wrote:

But that was only speculation on Roshi's part. We only really saw him fight anyone else when Goku punched him across the stage at the very beginning when Ganos was blocking. There isn't enough evidence to think Roshi gained a massive power boost. Even being on Captain Ginyu's level is a big jump.
But it's still an implication that Ganos was no joke. Quitela also wouldn't have been so surprised if Ganos was that weak as he's likely well aware of the kind of fighters his universe is up against. I mean, why would anyone be surprised a Ginyu-tier weakling couldn't last in a tournament filled with fighters like Goku, Vegeta, Android 17, Frieza, and so many other powerful warriors? I'm not saying Quitela is comparable to any of the top contenders, but Ginyu-tier just seems far too low.

Roshi took Tien like he was a joke. Base Goku briefly clashed with Roshi and went as far as complimenting him; even pointing out how powerful he is and such. While none of this shows how powerful Roshi got, it certainly does hint towards a pretty substantial power up.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Base Gohan [Post Z sword] vs Base Goku [Boo arc]. No Super Saiyan transformations or Kaioken allowed.
Gohan [Ultimate; Boo arc] vs Base Goku [RoF arc]. No Super Saiyan transformations or Kaioken allowed.
Master Roshi [RoF arc] vs Freeza [Final form; Namek arc; 10% of FP].
Lavender vs Basil. No poison or drugs.
Kuririn [ToP arc] vs King Cold.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:24 pm

ZombieVito wrote:Base Gohan [Post Z sword] vs Base Goku [Boo arc]. No Super Saiyan transformations or Kaioken allowed.
Goku wins. Gohan might be stronger than Goku at this point, but he sucks really bad at fighting.
Gohan [Ultimate; Boo arc] vs Base Goku [RoF arc]. No Super Saiyan transformations or Kaioken allowed.
Goku one shots. Kuririn stated Base Goku was stronger than ever, and Kuririn sensed SSJ Goku fighting evenly with Beerus after Goku lost SSJG. Beerus at a much more suppressed level pwned Gohan.
Roshi stomps. He beated Tenshinhan to the ground when he was possessed, and Tenshinhan is probably a good deal stronger than 10% Freeza given how #20 considered him a good amount of energy on the Artificial Humans Arc.
Kuririn. Even if he's weaker, he can still kill Cold with a Kienzan. I mean, he did almost kill 2nd form Freeza on Namek by spamming Kienzans.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 am

ZombieVito wrote:Base Gohan [Post Z sword] vs Base Goku [Boo arc]. No Super Saiyan transformations or Kaioken allowed.
Lavender vs Basil. No poison or drugs.
Gohan with a slight edge.
Base Goku one shots with a tenth of his power tbh.
Freeza wins
Lavender has a slight edge with the poison.
Kuririn wins.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:24 am

[/quote]
PFM18 wrote:

In this scenario, it's going to be a standard beginning of Dragon Ball Goku who gets MUI without the ritual or any special training. It makes no sense but it's just for this scenario.

MUI Jiren vs Whis

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan (Cell Arc)
7. Fat Boo
8.SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:29 am

Goku stomps via having actual skill and more than 5 years of training.
Goku stomps.
Roshi Mafuba's.
Kuririn slices and dices.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Tien (ToP arc) vs GT Pan

Mr. Satan vs King Chappa

SSJ3 Gotenks vs Botamo

GT SSJ2 Goten vs Tagoma

Android 35 (Fusion of DBS 17 and 18) vs SSJ2 Kefla

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:Tien (ToP arc) vs GT Pan

Mr. Satan vs King Chappa

SSJ3 Gotenks vs Botamo

GT SSJ2 Goten vs Tagoma

Android 35 (Fusion of DBS 17 and 18) vs SSJ2 Kefla
1. Pan kicks Tenshinhan's skull in. At her peak, I think she is even stronger than Gohan-Boo, while I see no reason for Tenshinhan to be stronger than anyone from the later Namek arc. Heck, I'd say EoZ Pan could easily beat Tenshinhan here.
2. Chapa in an overwhelming stomp. I think he's stronger than 21st TB Goku who's probably multifolds above Satan.
3. Manga-wise I would give it to Gotenks easily. Anime-wise Botamo would probably win since Base Goku and Vegeta are well above SS3 Gotenks.
4. I don't believe Goten ever shows SS2 in GT, unless you referring to a hypothetical SS2 Goten. I don't know how strong Tagoma is supposed to be (havne't seen RoF in the anime), but if Goten went SS2 in GT I'd have him around maybe Gotenks-Boo level. Take that as you may.
5. I'm going with Cyborg 35, since 17 should be well above SS2 Kale and Caulifla and 18 is probably at least above Base Kale and Caulifla, not to mention 17 and 18 were implied to make a good match meaning they might get an above-average boost from fusing.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:46 pm

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan (Cell Arc)
7. Fat Boo
8.SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan

How far Goku goes on this depends on if you want to use Z era logic or Super era logic. If we're talking Z era logic, Goku stops at Vegeta. Although MUI gives Goku the reaction and speed to rival anyone on that list he doesn't have the power to do anything at all. Remember in Z era power not only determined your output of damage but defensive capability as well. Freeza would be able to cross his arms and not move and just let MUI Goku punch him without taking damage. Remember all those times when someone blasts energy at someone who has superior power and all they did was slap it away, that would be everyones response to beginning of DB MUI Goku. Lets also remember that MUI has a very short time limit as well, which is why I think Saiyan arc Vegeta would probably outlast it long enough for Goku to fall down dead. Saiyan arc Vegeta tanked a lot of direct hits from Saiyan arc Goku whose vastly stronger than pre North Kai training Goku.

Now if we're talking Super logic where Base Goku wounded Hit even if it was just a cut, where SS2 Trunks tanked the same blast that SSB Goku tanked as well and received the same damage and tons of other feats that showed that transformation or power no longer matters then I would say, MUI beginning db Goku could take SS2 Gohan.
None of the Buus because of the crazy invulnerability/regeneration.
SS3 Gotenks is nerfed pretty hard in Super, I see MUI Goku blowing past all his attacks and moves easily and land critical hits on him, even knocking him out.
Super Vegito and SS God are tricky, they definitely have the power to take him out, SS God could probably do it with one hit but does he get that hit off. SSGod was shown as incredibly fast compared to his old forms but MUI makes SS God look like a snail if we compare SSBKKx20 Goku speed to standard Jiren vs MUI Goku speed to standard Jiren. So..... Well you get where I'm going with this.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:32 am

Brettjr25 wrote:

1. Raditz
2. Vegeta (Saiyan Arc)
3. Captain Ginyu
4. 100% Freeza
5. Imperfect Cell
6. SS2 Gohan (Cell Arc)
7. Fat Boo
8.SS3 Gotenks
9. Boohan

How far Goku goes on this depends on if you want to use Z era logic or Super era logic. If we're talking Z era logic, Goku stops at Vegeta. Although MUI gives Goku the reaction and speed to rival anyone on that list he doesn't have the power to do anything at all. Remember in Z era power not only determined your output of damage but defensive capability as well. Freeza would be able to cross his arms and not move and just let MUI Goku punch him without taking damage. Remember all those times when someone blasts energy at someone who has superior power and all they did was slap it away, that would be everyones response to beginning of DB MUI Goku. Lets also remember that MUI has a very short time limit as well, which is why I think Saiyan arc Vegeta would probably outlast it long enough for Goku to fall down dead. Saiyan arc Vegeta tanked a lot of direct hits from Saiyan arc Goku whose vastly stronger than pre North Kai training Goku.

Now if we're talking Super logic where Base Goku wounded Hit even if it was just a cut, where SS2 Trunks tanked the same blast that SSB Goku tanked as well and received the same damage and tons of other feats that showed that transformation or power no longer matters then I would say, MUI beginning db Goku could take SS2 Gohan.
None of the Buus because of the crazy invulnerability/regeneration.
SS3 Gotenks is nerfed pretty hard in Super, I see MUI Goku blowing past all his attacks and moves easily and land critical hits on him, even knocking him out.
Super Vegito and SS God are tricky, they definitely have the power to take him out, SS God could probably do it with one hit but does he get that hit off. SSGod was shown as incredibly fast compared to his old forms but MUI makes SS God look like a snail if we compare SSBKKx20 Goku speed to standard Jiren vs MUI Goku speed to standard Jiren. So..... Well you get where I'm going with this.

How much stronger do you have MUI over base, in regards to physical strength, actual power, etc? Because imo it seemed that even without the ability to dodge almost everything, MUI Goku was many many times stronger than even SSB Kaioken x20.

SSB Vegito (Future Trunks Arc, no time limit) runs a TOP gauntlet:
1. SS Kefla
2. SSB Kaioken x20 Goku
3. UI Omen Goku (episode 110)
4. SS2 Kefla
5. Hakaishin Toppo
6. SSBE Vegeta
7. UI Omen Goku (when he uses it for the last time, episode 129, I believe?)
8. Full Power Jiren
9. Shirtless Jiren
10. MUI Goku
11. Mr. Satan

Nobody in this gauntlet has to deal with time limits on transformations.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:40 am

SSB Vegito (Future Trunks Arc, no time limit) runs a TOP gauntlet:
1. SS Kefla
2. SSB Kaioken x20 Goku
3. UI Omen Goku (episode 110)
4. SS2 Kefla
5. Hakaishin Toppo
6. SSBE Vegeta
7. UI Omen Goku (when he uses it for the last time, episode 129, I believe?)
8. Full Power Jiren
9. Shirtless Jiren
10. MUI Goku
11. Mr. Satan

Nobody in this gauntlet has to deal with time limits on transformations.
- SsjB Vegetto takes this easily.
- Well, this is really hard to say. Normally, it'd make no sense for Goku to be stronger than Vegetto, but in the last episodes of Super he did good against Jiren, even if he never actually dameged him. But still, Goku and Vegeta could hold their own, while Vegetto was stated to be inferior than ep.110 Jiren. It's Super logic, I guess.
- SsjB Vegetto wins because UI Omen Goku wouldn't last long enough to beat him.
- SsjB Vegetto is stronger for obvious reasons.
- Hakaishin Toppo is superior. Vermouth straight up said he was as strong as the other Gods of Destruction, and in the anime SsjB Vegetto isn's stronger than Beerus.
- SsjB Evolution Vegeta.
- UI Omen Goku.
- Jiren.
- Jiren.
- Of course, MUI Goku.