The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mamoru

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by mamoru » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 am

AvatarReiko wrote:Current Muten Roshi vs Vegeta(Saiyan Saga)
Muten Roshi one shots.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:53 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Maji=Kayo vs. Baby, in Baby's first form (no possessing anyone)
Well he was able to subdue Dyspo, who i have in the power level range of Ssj Vegito to Ssj God Goku. Let's say for argument sakes since he was tired and cocky he was at ssj Vegito level. So I have Kayo at ssj Vegito level maybe a little higher. Baby his first form would get smashed. If killing is allowed. I imagined kayo making him small enough to enter Baby's body and kill him. I mean he is sadistic, he was going to cut Dyspo's ears offx

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 am

Roshi
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am

mamoru wrote:
Muten Roshi one shots.
Jesus christ. He's THAT strong now?! Is that with or without Mufuba?

VegetaSSJBlue
Beyond Newbie

Post by VegetaSSJBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 am

mamoru wrote:
Muten Roshi one shots.
Muten Roshi = Base Goku >>> SS3 Gotenks

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ssbgoku » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Based on improvement of humans in past I see Roshi taking it but with big trouble (Roshi being Saiyan saga arc goku)
However Based on dbs power creep and offscreen training Roshi one shots.

Still I believe dbz Captain Ginyuu one shots Roshi and I refused to accept otherwise. However Roshi may have shots at Zarbon at least.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:Jesus christ. He's THAT strong now?! Is that with or without Mufuba?
He's strong enough to handle himself in the tournament; I personally have him around the Gyniu Force when buffed because it looks like a fair narrative compromise between the type of training he underwent and his showings, but I think he could possibly give Saiyan arc Vegeta a fight in his regular form. There's room enough to place him anywhere you want, though.

Still, the plot does make a point about him being outclassed against almost everyone in the tournament and it's mentioned pretty often that he got by thanks to fighting smart and other specific moves that equalized the field for him (Mafuba, Minminken, etc.).
Goku being above SS3 Gotenks looks very improbable nowadays, given that Goku can't even k.o. opponents far weaker than Good Buu, but Roshi wouldn't be equal to base Goku in any scenario, so this outlook is especially off.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Maji=Kayo vs. Baby, in Baby's first form (no possessing anyone)
Who knows? How strong is Maji Kayo? Did anyone manage to understand that? He fought three times:
- vs Goku: He holds him prettt well in base, but even Nink and Tupper did that. So?
- vs Dyspo: He was winning due to strategy, but he didn't seem stronger than him.
- vs Jiren: Lost immediately.

Literally a wasted character. You can't tell how strong he is.
Muten stomps.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:39 pm

VegetaSSJBlue wrote:
mamoru wrote:
Muten Roshi one shots.
Yeah, nice one, that's absolutely it.
Then some dudes on here ask me why I prefer the manga. Thanks Toei. :lol:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Supposing Roshi can use all the tricks I have seen in the tournament, he could manage to seal Vegeta if he was fresh. I think he only failed to seal Frost because his arm was badly damaged.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Cyborg Tao vs a generic Freeza goon, like the ones Krillin and Gohan stomped when they first landed on Namek.
LowRyder2005 wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote:Jesus christ. He's THAT strong now?! Is that with or without Mufuba?
He's strong enough to handle himself in the tournament; I personally have him around the Gyniu Force when buffed because it looks like a fair narrative compromise between the type of training he underwent and his showings, but I think he could possibly give Saiyan arc Vegeta a fight in his regular form. There's room enough to place him anywhere you want, though.

Still, the plot does make a point about him being outclassed against almost everyone in the tournament and it's mentioned pretty often that he got by thanks to fighting smart and other specific moves that equalized the field for him (Mafuba, Minminken, etc.).
I think some people, including a few big YouTubers, are massively overrating Roshi's strength after what happened in the last episode of DBS, and making a big deal out of it. Some of them claim that Roshi was giving Frost a hard time, is able to keep up with current base Goku, and is stronger than the base Goku who fought Frost in the U6 vs U7 tournament. They then go on to say that this would put him above most DBZ-era villains.

I think all that is bullshit.

Roshi wasn't pressuring Frost, or giving him a hard time. He didn't even land any real hits on Frost. Putting aside the fact that Frost explicitly mentioned how he was having trouble holding back so as to not kill his opponent, it's also possible that he was baiting Vegeta to come and attack him. Which is why he didn't go for the kill on Roshi immediately.

Super has some major powerscaling issues, but I don't think Roshi's strength counts as one of them.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:11 pm

accidentally posted this in the 'what if' thread

Luffy vs Goku

equal strength

Luffy using odd creative techniques reminds me of kid Goku coming up with techniques in the tournaments.

I'm unsure who would be the victor. I feel Goku has more fighting experience, but Luffy's fighting style could really catch him off guard. Though I'm sure he could adapt.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Here are two matches:

Krillin (Raditz Arc) vs King Piccolo.

In my opinion they are about equal, and with Krillin's great techniques he might have the win on this, though King Piccolo's tough.

Tien (Raditz Arc) vs Mr Popo

I think it would be a close fight, but with Mr Popo's knowledge of sensing ki he could probably defeat him with ease, specially since Mr Popo was way superior than the Goku who defeated King Piccolo (with Tien from the 23rd Budokai being superior to him, but with a gap not that large like the one with Mr Popo).

What do you think? Who would win these matches?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 am

dragonball0900 wrote:Here are two matches:

Krillin (Raditz Arc) vs King Piccolo.

In my opinion they are about equal, and with Krillin's great techniques he might have the win on this, though King Piccolo's tough.

Tien (Raditz Arc) vs Mr Popo

I think it would be a close fight, but with Mr Popo's knowledge of sensing ki he could probably defeat him with ease, specially since Mr Popo was way superior than the Goku who defeated King Piccolo (with Tien from the 23rd Budokai being superior to him, but with a gap not that large like the one with Mr Popo).

What do you think? Who would win these matches?
Krillin is almost certainly King Piccolo's superior when you consider how smart of a fighter he is, and how arrogant King Piccolo is. Krillin had, at one point, Piccolo Jr worried. And BoZ Krillin is only superior.

Even Yamcha recieved praise from Kami, who finger-flicked post daimao goku.

Tien was slightly more than a match for Goku who vastly improved his strength but not his speed. Mr popo was basically the same. However, I don't think any human had yet reached the level of gods. Popo can also sense ki, is an intelligent fighter who conserves stamina etc. Popo wins.

Basically, same as what you said
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 am

Strongest character from Z Maji=Kayo can beat?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 am

Noah wrote:Strongest character from Z Maji=Kayo can beat?
Probably anyone below Buu.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Noah wrote:Strongest character from Z Maji=Kayo can beat?
Ultimate Gohan.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:accidentally posted this in the 'what if' thread

Luffy vs Goku

equal strength

Luffy using odd creative techniques reminds me of kid Goku coming up with techniques in the tournaments.

I'm unsure who would be the victor. I feel Goku has more fighting experience, but Luffy's fighting style could really catch him off guard. Though I'm sure he could adapt.
Goku does have more fighting experience and transformations that give him the edge. Luffy is damn near indestructible and can use Haki to increase his endurance and strength. But I feel goku is much faster. Also he can fly, shoot beams of energy, and transform. I mean if he turned ssj blue and was still even to Luffy. He would just add Kaioken and then finish Luffy.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 pm

Now with all the spoilers out there about Jiren. Which claim he has a power greater then a Kaioken x 20 goku. So I wonder is he strong enough to defeat some higher tier characters?

Jiren vs M. Zamasu (no immortality)?
Jiren vs Vegito Blue ( black arc)?
Jiren vs Beerus?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am

Berserker1921 wrote:Now with all the spoilers out there about Jiren. Which claim he has a power greater then a Kaioken x 20 goku. So I wonder is he strong enough to defeat some higher tier characters?

Jiren vs M. Zamasu (no immortality)?
Jiren vs Vegito Blue ( black arc)?
Jiren vs Beerus?
- Jiren destroys him.
- Jiren destroys him.
- Who knows?