Did Raditz have potential? Saiyans in general?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Did Raditz have potential? Saiyans in general?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:49 pm

You all know this thread is six years old, right?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:13 am

I think any Saiyan can be strong. Some need to train a little bit more to get stronger, some can get stronger with less training, some are naturally gifted like Broly and so on...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am

Raditz and any others Saiyan with proper training and technique can reach all Super Saiyan level transformation and high rate power that Goku and Vegeta had reach.

That's not a thought, not a opinion just a fact.

Heck even Brock and Panpukin (the Ghost Saiyan that Kuririn and Co fight as Training) if they were real Saiya-jin could achieve those transformation.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:00 pm

I've seen nothing to suggest Raditz couldn't reach a very high level of power, had he had the same opportunities that Goku and Vegeta had.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Raditz has good potential in terms of genetics since he is a part of a warrior race. However, a big theme in Dragon ball is overcoming your limits and that goes for everyone, Non-Saiyajin or Saiyajin. Goku already had good genetics but he was able to further that potential with training methods and such.

So in short yeah, yeah. We even have Roshi overcoming his limits in Super so I guess that goes for about everybody.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Sorry for the second revival of this almost eight year old thread.

I think Goku has proved to us that it doesn't matter what class you belong to, any Saiyan has the potential to become a lot stronger than what destiny provides them. And I think Raditz had the potential to become one of the most powerful mortals in the Multiverse. Had he survived his initial introduction and actually trained like Goku, Raditz I feel could've easily unlocked Super Saiyan 1 & 2, maybe even Super Saiyan God and Blue if he trained with Whis. He possibly could've been stronger than Vegeta, though I would say he'd be just under his little brother, cause you know, main character and all that. And if he had children of his own, they would most definitely have potential like Gohan, Goten and Trunks. So to answer the question "Did Raditz have potential?" Yes, I think he most certainly did. Too bad he got killed off too soon though, so we never got to see it for fold. But hey, that's Toriyama for ya. :roll:
Caulifla best girl! :)