DB Online timeline redux

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Re: DB Online timeline redux

Post by FindKenshi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Goten Forever wrote:I like the sword school idea, but to say they thought it would be 'super cool' when they were in their late thirties is a bit too relative to their younger selves.
I'm close to that age and think of things as "super cool", "sweet", and "Freakin' awesome!" all the time. Don't see what the problem here is.

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:08 pm

FindKenshi wrote:
Goten Forever wrote:I like the sword school idea, but to say they thought it would be 'super cool' when they were in their late thirties is a bit too relative to their younger selves.
I'm close to that age and think of things as "super cool", "sweet", and "Freakin' awesome!" all the time. Don't see what the problem here is.
Wait, you're in your late thirtes?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 pm

FindKenshi wrote:
Yeah, there are still many adults that are young at heart. "Age is only a number" and all that.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SSJBardock91

Post by SSJBardock91 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:16 pm

I know I'm a little late to the party but thanks for translating for us. I'm really loving this storyline.

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:07 am

This is awesome. Sparked my love for DBZ again.
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

samuraigundam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuraigundam » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:33 am

I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked GTs continuity more than what I've read here. Some of the high points being:

-Oobs training and merging with Boo.

-Pilaf being the reason for Gokus much needed depowering.

-Super Saiya-Jin 4, and the way it happened making perfect natural sense. It was really everything SS3 should have been.

-The Dragon Balls being corrupted after years of cleaning up the various evils in the universe, and subsequently birthing evil creatures as a result, again, just made sense.

-Goku vanishing with the Dragon Balls.

I know it wasnt pulled off as well as it could have been, but it still felt refreshing to me.
Last edited by samuraigundam on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Together!
Allegiance or Death!!
BIG FIRE!!!
-The Magnificent Ten,Giant Robo

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 am

samuraigundam wrote:I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked GTs continuity more than what I've read here. Some of the high points being:

-Super Saiya-Jin 4, and the way it happened making perfect natural sense. It was really everything SS3 should have been.

-The Dragon Balls being corrupted after years of cleaning up the various evils in the universe, and subsequently birthing evil creatures as a result, again, just made sense.

I know it wasnt pulled off as well as it could have been, but it stil felt refreshing to me.
Uhh... becoming a child didn't depower him at all. All it did was prevent him from using the Shunkan Ido and stay in SS3 very long (which he couldn't do in the manga anyway). If anyone needed depowering it would be Gohan anyway, and GT didn't really fix that they just ignored that.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

samuraigundam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuraigundam » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 am

Saiga wrote:
samuraigundam wrote:I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked GTs continuity more than what I've read here. Some of the high points being:

I know it wasnt pulled off as well as it could have been, but it stil felt refreshing to me.
Uhh... becoming a child didn't depower him at all. All it did was prevent him from using the Shunkan Ido and stay in SS3 very long (which he couldn't do in the manga anyway). If anyone needed depowering it would be Gohan anyway, and GT didn't really fix that they just ignored that.
He seemed weaker than his adult self, considering that he kind of struggled when facing common enemies (robots and such) he would have normally been able to walk through in Z - especially when you consider all the extra training he did with Oob. As for Gohan, he was always sort of a pacifist, and it seemed he pretty much stopped training anyway.
Together!
Allegiance or Death!!
BIG FIRE!!!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:26 am

samuraigundam wrote:
He seemed weaker than his adult self, considering that he kind of struggled when facing common enemies (robots and such) he would have normally been able to walk through in Z - especially when you consider all the extra training he did with Oob. As for Gohan, he was always sort of a pacifist, and it seemed he pretty much stopped training anyway.
The perfect files mention he didn't lose any strength, and he's able to fight evenly with General Rild in base and Super Saiyan who is stated to be stronger than Majin Boo. So yeah, they didn't depower him, instead they haxed him through the roof. Him struggling against weak enemies is just GT's inconsistency with strength.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 am

Saiga wrote:The perfect files mention he didn't lose any strength, and he's able to fight evenly with General Rild in base and Super Saiyan who is stated to be stronger than Majin Boo. So yeah, they didn't depower him, instead they haxed him through the roof. Him struggling against weak enemies is just GT's inconsistency with strength.
No, he didn't lose power, but he did lose stamina, and not just for SS3.

BTW, I still like Cipher's idea that Goku played around with the enemies he had "trouble" with just for the sake of giving himself more of a challenge to overcome.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

samuraigundam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuraigundam » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:51 am

Saiga wrote:
samuraigundam wrote:
The perfect files mention he didn't lose any strength, and he's able to fight evenly with General Rild in base and Super Saiyan who is stated to be stronger than Majin Boo. So yeah, they didn't depower him, instead they haxed him through the roof. Him struggling against weak enemies is just GT's inconsistency with strength.
I see.

Although, truthfully, power inconsistence has always been in DB, though it may have been more anime prevailent. I remember seeing Yamcha fighting Pikon in Heaven, despite his (Pikon) constant training, and Goku having found him a chalenge. Yes, Yamcha trains too, but there is no way he could match an opponent like that. There are other power oddities concerning Shin, Vegeta, etc, so I dont believe GT is original in that error.
Together!
Allegiance or Death!!
BIG FIRE!!!

samuraigundam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuraigundam » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Saiga wrote:The perfect files mention he didn't lose any strength, and he's able to fight evenly with General Rild in base and Super Saiyan who is stated to be stronger than Majin Boo. So yeah, they didn't depower him, instead they haxed him through the roof. Him struggling against weak enemies is just GT's inconsistency with strength.
No, he didn't lose power, but he did lose stamina, and not just for SS3.

BTW, I still like Cipher's idea that Goku played around with the enemies he had "trouble" with just for the sake of giving himself more of a challenge to overcome.
That would seem consistant with Gokus character, so I can see him doing that. :)
Together!
Allegiance or Death!!
BIG FIRE!!!

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Wow! That was great read! Thanks, Herms.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Umm how the hell is Trunks still alive during the year 1,000 0.0. Furthermore what happened to Uub? I thought he was supposed to uphold the peace =/. Why are Majin's being killed by Frieza Soldiers? Dude I sense some major problems with DB online logic.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Umm how the hell is Trunks still alive during the year 1,000 0.0.
He's a time traveler.
Furthermore what happened to Uub? I thought he was supposed to uphold the peace =/.
Without taking GT into account, Oob was just a normal human who was abnormally powerful. Provided he didn't simply live a chaste monk-esque life or something, then his descendants would likewise all be just normal humans.
Why are Majin's being killed by Freeza Soldiers? Dude I sense some major problems with DB online logic.
I'm pretty sure the official word is that Boo's power was split up between his offspring and further divided up between all his descendants, or something.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I do find it unusual that he wasn't mentioned in the sections with the other Z fighters.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Kaboom wrote:He's a time traveler.
But wouldnt he still age...?
Kaboom wrote:Without taking GT into account, Oob was just a normal human who was abnormally powerful. Provided he didn't simply live a chaste monk-esque life or something, then his descendants would likewise all be just normal humans.
His power level is pretty much greater than Kid Buu's at this point so why the heck doesnt he help out?
Kaboom wrote:I'm pretty sure the official word is that Boo's power was split up between his offspring and further divided up between all his descendants, or something.
Hmm I suppose that would leave the Majins with power levels under 3,000 when starting out if Buu spawned hundreds of millions of them.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:But wouldnt he still age...?
No, no, the thing is, he's traveling FROM his time TO the Age 1000, which is the future for him.
TheMightyOzaru wrote:His power level is pretty much greater than Kid Buu's at this point so why the heck doesn't he help out?
Probably because he has the same lifespan as a normal human and is dead by Age 1000...?
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Hmm I suppose that would leave the Majins with power levels under 3,000 when starting out if Buu spawned hundreds of millions of them.
Well, any specific numbers aside, the idea is that Majin, Namekian, and Earthling player characters all start out on even footing.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Kaboom wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:But wouldnt he still age...?
No, no, the thing is, he's traveling FROM his time TO the Age 1000, which is the future for him.

TheMightyOzaru wrote:His power level is pretty much greater than Kid Buu's at this point so why the heck doesn't he help out?
Probably because he has the same lifespan as a normal human and is dead by Age 1000...?
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Hmm I suppose that would leave the Majins with power levels under 3,000 when starting out if Buu spawned hundreds of millions of them.
Well, any specific numbers aside, the idea is that Majin, Namekian, and Earthling player characters all start out on even footing.
I'm talking about Uub just completely destroying Frieza's remnants because we all know he could. Same goes for Trunks he could go SSJ and whoop all there asses :lol: .
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote: I'm talking about Uub just completely destroying Freeza's remnants because we all know he could. Same goes for Trunks he could go SSJ and whoop all there asses :lol: .
Presumably he did help Earth against Freeza's remnants. I think he would count as "other heroes of the past" The story says an entire army attacked Earth and he couldn't be everywhere at once or defeat them all with one blast without risking Earth. Like Superman, maybe. For Trunks, I'm not too sure how grand the villains are supposed to be yet but they must be something if the Time Master aspect of the story is true.
Saiga wrote:I do find it unusual that he wasn't mentioned in the sections with the other Z fighters.
I think the idea is that Oob, even though he is Kid Boo, is the first of many generations to learn the teachings of Son Goku so they didn't feel a need to mention him. That or he is mentioned in something at some point that hasn't been translated or they have future plans for his back story.