DB Online timeline redux

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: DB Online timeline redux

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:27 am

Thanks for this awesome post! All of it sounds so interesting. I wonder if there's more info on the whereabouts of other characters like #18 and Master Roshi. I remember seeing a futuristic Roshi picture?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:28 am

Goten Forever wrote:But I don't think the ages for the characters in 820 are accurate...
Why not?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 am

With the Earth in crisis, the heroes of the past gather at Kame-sennin’s place and defeat Freeza’s remnants.
--In the end, Freeza’s remnants are defeated by Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and the other heroes of the past.
Prior to this they had all hid themselves and tried not to attract public attention, but as a result of this battle their ki-control style of martial arts becomes a global topic of discussion, and interest in ki grows.

Incidentally, at this time Tenshinhan is 87 years old, Kuririn is 84, Gohan is 63, Trunks is 54, Goten is 53, and Pan is 41.
In 787 Goten would be 20, Trunks 21, Gohan 30, Pan about 8.

Difference between 787 and 820 = 33 years.
So...
Yeah, I was wrong then.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten
Especially after he went out with Paresu-chan

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 am

Makaioshin wrote:The only major thing I can think of is that the preliminary round is now a free for all battle against multiple opponents.
Ah, I think that's what it's talking about. Thanks!
gohan2k wrote:
비 씨
Blind boy who Boo healed; Mister something-or-other
This makes no sense when translating korean>japanese>english but if you translate straight from Korean to English interestingly it translates to "Non-seed" hahaha....there's gotta be something in that right??
The second half of the name should just be the word "mister", so it looks like his name really is something along the lines of "Mr. Non" or "Mr. Un".
gohan2k wrote:From what I've heard the names a pun on, or even exactly Paella which is a kind of Spanish rice. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella). Also makes sense. Love how at the bottom of the Wikipedia page it has Pilaf as a similar rice dish!!
gohan2k wrote:Naraku, also known as Naraka is apparently a world of great suffering in buddhist cosmology. More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_(Buddhism)
Thanks, that's very helpful!

Edit: Whelp, "Paeria" is in fact flat-out the Japanese spelling of "Paella". Guess that settles it.
DBZ Mick wrote:How would the Blind Boy remember Boo though? Shouldn't all of humanity's memories of Boo be wiped by Shenlong after the Evil Boo was killed?
I suppose it's possible that since the purpose of the wish was to allow Boo to live on Earth without everyone being terrified of him, Shenlong wouldn't have removed positive memories of Boo. Sort of a "granting what you want, rather than what you said" type thing. We also don't know exactly how the wish was worded, since we just hear about it via narration.

It could also be like Bussani suggested, that because the boy didn’t know who Boo was, his memories didn’t quite count as “memories of Boo” and so weren’t erased. Then later when Mister Boo became famous the boy could have seen him and finally realized his identity.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 pm

This is absolutely awesome. Thank you very much Herms. I have contacted my friend (actually it's one of those cases of "my friend knows a friend") and I'll see if my friend's friend will be willing to translate the few missing nuggets of info.

Also, taken from your previous timeline:
Age 779
Lunch makes the news somehow.

Age 780
Pilaf attempts to conquer the world, only to fail yet again.

Age 800s
Planet Yardrat is destroyed, and its remains fall to Earth as meteors.

Age 853
The people of Planet Yardrat establish a city on Earth.

Age 900
The people of Planet Yardrat are put in charge of developing a time machine.

Age 974
An ethnologist named Doctor H______ makes an important discovery.

Age 988
The Kinoko Rock area is attacked by a gang known as “Paeria”.

Age 998
Capsule Corporation begins to mass produce a new kind of robot.
If I'm not wrong most of this info comes from the book shown at the first opening for Online, if not all. Guess we can cross-reference some of this info into the new timeline?
The only entries that fall with something else are the Yadratians establishing a community on Earth, two years after the Namekians did; and Kinoko Rock (?) being attack by Paella and his gang two years before he decides to actually conquer the world.

Here's the age of the characters confirmed to be living by Age 1000:
Karin is at least 1050 years old.
Baba began divinating 750 ago.
Mutenroshi is 570 years old.
Piccolo Junior is 247 years old.

Also this:

Age 712
Capsule Corp is founded
Dr. Uiro and his laboratory are buried in ice.

Convenient?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 pm

DNA wrote:If I'm no wrong most of this info comes from the book shown at the first opening for Online. Guess we can cross-reference some of this info into the new timeline?
This version seems to have filled in some gaps since the last time Herms addressed the info from the book in the first trailer:
Age 779
Lunch makes the news, somehow.

Age 780
Pilaf attempts to take over the world, only to fail yet again.

Age 800(s)
Planet Yardrat is destroyed, and its remains fall to Earth as meteors.

Age 853
The people of planet Yardrat establish a city on Earth.

Age 890
Alters are built to summon Shenron with the Dragon Balls.
*Note* This kind of contradicts the official timeline, as the DBs are sealed for another 100+ years, but whatever.

Age 900
The Yardratians are put in charge of developing Time Machine(s).

Age 974
An ethnologist named Doctor Hunbalt releases the Animal Data, a catalogue of animals of the Earth.

Age 988
The Kinoko Rock area is attacked by Paeria.

Age 998
Capsule Corporation begins to mass produce a new kind of robot.
*Note* Likely the Hope! series that are used for all the important quests, like Time Machine Quests, Bosses, etc.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 pm

@DNA: Funny how I'd completely forgotten about the name "Paeria" popping up in the old sketchy timeline info. And despite me saying I was "almost 100% certain" the name was wrong, it really was basically on the mark (Paeria vs "Paella" being a Torankusu vs "Trunks" situation).

I'd assumed that the stuff about Yardrat being destroyed and the Yardratians moving to Earth was just a mistake conflating their presence in the game with the background info on New Namek being destroyed, especially since the destruction of both planets is assigned almost exactly the same date. Is there anything confirming that Yardrat was also destroyed, along with New Namek?

@TheDevilsCorpse: so is that stuff on the Yardratians building a time machine, Dr. Hunbalt, and the new kind of robot legit? I was planning on just throwing all the DBO stuff not featured in this timeline out of my expanded timeline.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Herms wrote:@TheDevilsCorpse: so is that stuff on the Yardratians building a time machine, Dr. Hunbalt, and the new kind of robot legit? I was planning on just throwing all the DBO stuff not featured in this timeline out of my expanded timeline.
Well, the info really hasn't reappeared since it first popped up in the initial trailer for the game, but it is there. But then again, the game barely seems to bring up the info that's actually on the official timeline too. I guess you could throw out the stuff that seems contradictory, like the DB alter for Shenron, but I see no reason to toss out stuff just because it hasn't really resurfaced...at least not yet. Its like how the different guide books have different tidbits on the timelines, and they don't necessarily appear in the next guidebook, at least IMO.

Here are some images, though they aren't great quality and I don't know if there are any better ones. Heck, I'm not even sure if these are all of them.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Hold on, so according to the timeline, the Red Pants Army is composed by random animal-people and not remnants of the Red Ribbon Army? But there are those lurking around as well right? I mean, there's #9, #8000 and #16000 amongst others.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:11 pm

It's a cool story and all, but it seems lacking without Goku or Vegeta in my opinion (or Cell).
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Maybe there were rules somewhere (Shueisha? Toei?) that they weren't allowed to do too much with Goku? The strongest bad guys in DBO being after him for his DNA kind of makes him more of a plot point than a mover in the game; more like the silver crystal itself from Sailor Moon instead of one of the actual sailors.

But yeah, if there were more stuff in there about Goku and/or Vegeta, I'd have a higher level of interest in it. The newest "wow" factor for me is knowing that Bulma was alive when the two of them ran off together. It adds another layer of tragedy to it for me since I get the feeling that--even though it didn't seem to happen til during those 7 years--Bulma and Vegeta had a much closer relationship than Goku and Chi-Chi. Did Vegeta tell her what he planned to do before he left? To keep it a secret? I'm curious about it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:17 am

It makes sense that Bulma be alive since they are not that old when they leave. They were not sensing their life ending yet, they were sensing their old age approaching and I suppose they didn't want to get weak or have their fight tainted. Though I have to admit part of me really hates that type of thinking, like they were chickening out because they couldn't deal the problems that come with old age. Goku at least strikes me as someone who'd accept old age like just being part how things are supposed to go and being at peace with that. Vegeta, not so much.

I think it was mentioned that they just disappear one day without telling anybody and I think that's very fitting and in character for them. Like they were both trying to avoid any emotional hassle and that neither were much for good byes. I'd like to imagine that both Bulam and Chichi more or less expected this from them and that they weren't that shocked when they find out. At the very least, they might have given them a warning that they might plan something like this one day, especially Vegeta since I imagine him to be way more emotionally invested in Bulma than Goku is with Chichi.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:25 am

Michsi wrote:It makes sense that Bulma be alive since they are not that old when they leave. They were not sensing their life ending yet, they were sensing their old age approaching and I suppose they didn't want to get weak or have their fight tainted. Though I have to admit part of me really hates that type of thinking, like they were chickening out because they couldn't deal the problems that come with old age. Goku at least strikes me as someone who'd accept old age like just being part how things are supposed to go and being at peace with that. Vegeta, not so much.
When I first heard about it I figured they just wanted to have one last fight at the very peak of their power. I didn't know it meant they were vanishing forever, but that's the impression I get now that we've read a decent translation.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 am

Bussani wrote: When I first heard about it I figured they just wanted to have one last fight at the very peak of their power. I didn't know it meant they were vanishing forever, but that's the impression I get now that we've read a decent translation.
That's what I thought too, but I think wanting to avoid old age is somehow implied through that action. Even more that it's kinda obvious that they, or at least one of them, died ,so they were really pushing themselves.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:22 am

I seem to have had the opposite interpretation than a lot of you, I always assumed they died. lol

Anyway, both of them disappear in Age 801, and Goku is confirmed dead by the 804 entry. Since there is no other mention of Vegeta after their battle, I just assume he died too. A final battle of true equals, a clash that "neutralizes" them both.

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 am

Perfect wrote:It's a cool story and all, but it seems lacking without Goku or Vegeta in my opinion (or Cell).
Goten...Uub...Gohan...Everyone but Trunks to some extent...and a shit one at that...
Yeah, this timeline is almost as bad as GT.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:55 am

Goten Forever wrote:
Perfect wrote:It's a cool story and all, but it seems lacking without Goku or Vegeta in my opinion (or Cell).
Goten...Uub...Gohan...Everyone but Trunks to some extent...and a shit one at that...
Yeah, this timeline is almost as bad as GT.
I think the proplem here is that this is an entirely objective description of events that are strictly related to DBO story line. Who is to say that Goku and Vegeta and the rest didn't have several other adventures until the their death.

For instance you could say that Krillin and Tien stand out more than Goku and Vegeta because them forming a school is essential to obvious game related reasons.

Also , while I'm mostly convinced that Goku dies too, I wouldn't be surprised if he had survived, but simply chose not to come home and everybody just assumes that he is dead. When I first saw posters and promo pics of DBO, I saw only Piccolo, Goku and Master Roshi on them. Piccolo and Master Roshi are there because of their life spans and Goku because I always imagined him sorta ascending to something else, something similar to what GT wanted to do with him , if you will and that he pops up now and again.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:06 am

I think it's rather fitting, and to anyone complaining about the lack of characters... Well, this is more than 200 years after the end of the manga, of course everyone is dead and if they weren't, they would shadow everyone else. No new heroes would matter.

For what is worth, I don't take Online as the same continuity as the manga, I take it as it's own. In the manga, what really happened is what Toriyama has shown and told us through interviews and stuff. Vegeta dies at some point after due to high blood pressure because he's a pissy bitch, Goku turns into that old geezer we've seen some times, with a moustache and all white hair.

NANLIT
Beyond Newbie

Post by NANLIT » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 am

I still think their final battle was more for Vegeta's about to grow old rather than Goku as well. He was born 5 years before Goku, Goku spent almost 8 years dead between his 2 deaths while Vegeta was dead 2 days, and Vegeta spent 2 years in the ROSAT while Goku spent only 1. It's only natural that Vegeta would likely reach old age first because he's been alive 13 - 14 years more than Goku.

I so like the scenario too. The last 2 pure blooded Saiyans fighting in their third fight which leads to both of their third deaths while likely both being SSJ3 to finally settle who is stronger (tie) considering their first fight, Vegeta was stronger and Goku had help before Goku got a lot stronger than him on Namek and their secomd fight, they were equals as SSJ2 but they halted their fight and Vegeta knocked him out as he was getting a Senzu and then it was learned that Goku was holding back and was stronger as a SSJ3. I don't know about certain other parts of Online in my personal fanon, but this battle leading to their deaths is definitely in my personal fanon.

Goten Forever
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Goten Forever » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:01 pm

I like the sword school idea, but to say they thought it would be 'super cool' when they were in their late thirties is a bit too relative to their younger selves.

My personal 'fanon' is that the Z fighters continued training, Pan as well, and that Goten and Trunks gained the power to achieve SSJ2 in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, just never had the opportunity to use it effectively.
Also, the SSJ forms we see aren't actually the pure legendary SSJ form, just old powerful forgotten forms. Why would there be so many?
Neither was Broly's, but his would be closer.
As for Uub? Goku trained him FOREVER AND EVER

But that's my wishes for Dragonball. Haha! I ignore GT.
SON GOTEN FTW
except GT Goten