The History of Ever

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Re: The History of Ever

Post by soulnova » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:07 am

AGE 801 (#800)
DBO: Son Goku vanishes.
--Knowing his end is near, Goku leaves Earth with Vegeta so that the two can finally settle their score. Several years later, [astronomers] note the explosion of a supernova. Possibly this was an aftereffect of Son Goku and Vegeta’s battle.
[Ref: From the DBO timeline. Goku is 64, Vegeta 69.]
Herms wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Yeah, I think he made a little error there.
Goku was born in AGE 737. So, in AGE 801, he would be 64, physically 57. (~8 years dead, ~1 year in RoSat in 2 trips)
Vegeta was born in AGE 732. So in AGE 801, he would be 69, physically 71. (~3 days dead, ~2 years in RoSaT in 2 trips)
Whoops, fixed now. Thanks.
o_O Was this edited again? I guess it should be added like "64 (physically 57)".
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 pm

That TMQ stuff is even more interesting than I thought... now I'm really interesting in this Towa.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SSJFinny

Post by SSJFinny » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm

I just read it all the way through. It took approximately 6 hrs. WOW. Great job. Very informational.

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm

That was amazing!! Thanks Herms (who isn't Julian.....) It's really interesting to see how everything sits together.
This caught my attention the most though;
AGE 721
--On Earth, the martial artist Namu is born in a poor village in the western part of the world. He becomes a Buddhist, and hones his techniques while working as a farmer. Practicing his “Tenku-Pekeji-Ken” [Heavenly X-Mark Attack] leaves X-marks etched into the village fields, perplexing his fellow villages.
[Ref: The dating is from his Daizenshuu 7 bio, his occupation from the Boken Special, which also features a rough comic by Toriyama showing Namu practicing his techniques, leaving marks on the ground that baffle others. The location of his village is from Daizenshuu 4.]
Do you know if there are any scans available online of the rough comic of Namu?? How many panels were drawn??

Thanks!!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 pm

supacomboy wrote:Do you know if there are any scans available online of the rough comic of Namu?? How many panels were drawn??

Thanks!!
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Thank you very much TheDevilsCorpse!!

It's quite cool, did Toriyama do any other little strips like this?? I know there was a four-panel Christmas one with Lunch, Bulma on Namek etc., but I don't know about any others.....

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Holy crap, I didn't even realize this thread was a thing. And I need this for something I'm (still) slowly working out plans for. I can't bookmark this page fast enough. :lol: This thing should be stickied.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Holy crap, I didn't even realize this thread was a thing. And I need this for something I'm (still) slowly working out plans for. I can't bookmark this page fast enough. :lol: This thing should be stickied.
Herms has said eventually the timeline will go up on the site/wiki, but in the meantime, it's indirectly stickied via his giant thread of the guides he's written.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:37 pm

supacomboy wrote:It's quite cool, did Toriyama do any other little strips like this??
The Namu strip is one of several such strips in the Bouken/Adventure Special, featuring characters demonstrating how to do their trademark attacks. There's one with Tenshinhan accidentally cracking the Earth in half with the Kikoho ("maybe I overdid it a little..."), and one where Yamcha shows off the Shin-Roga-FuFu-Ken only for Goku and Kuririn to point out that it's no different from the regular Roga-FuFu-Ken.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Holy crap, I didn't even realize this thread was a thing. And I need this for something I'm (still) slowly working out plans for. I can't bookmark this page fast enough. :lol: This thing should be stickied.
Well, technically it's included in the Guide Guide sticky, along with my other guides.

(Also, new comments on my old guides are supposed to go in the Guide Guide sticky rather than the old threads themselves, to avoid necro-posting.)
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 am

The Namu strip is one of several such strips in the Bouken/Adventure Special, featuring characters demonstrating how to do their trademark attacks. There's one with Tenshinhan accidentally cracking the Earth in half with the Kikoho ("maybe I overdid it a little..."), and one where Yamcha shows off the Shin-Roga-FuFu-Ken only for Goku and Kuririn to point out that it's no different from the regular Roga-FuFu-Ken.
Thanks Herms!!
Haha that is hilarious, typical Yamcha, a bit erm, usless at times.........

I always thought that no matter how trivial or unimportant it is, Toriyama giving little bits of back story such as that of Cooler's elite, Tullece and his crew, Lunch chasing Tenshinhan, Enma & Yamcha's hobby being cooking, suggesting Yamcha's job being a baseball player and all sorts of small stuff like that etc. was really cool, adding a subtle depth to the characters; so to see that he has drawn little strips such as this I find really interesting!

TheDevilsCorpse, sorry to bother you but would you have any of the scans for the other strips by any chance??

Thanks everyone!!

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 am

Hi,

Is anybody able to help me out?
The image is to small for me to read the furigana, and I can't make out the kanji either; I've marked where the kanji should be with :?:

ナムの持ち技。
空高く大ジャンプ!!
体制を 変え、地上の 相手を目掛けて急降下!!
その 際に 両手をX形にしながら“南無阿弥陀仏!!!!”と 、 :?: ぶの

Thanks,

Johnnie

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 pm

supacomboy wrote: :?:
叫ぶ/sakebu
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Thank you Herms!!

I was looking through a dictionary first but this stumped me. I was getting confused looking at the radicals, as the part on the right I didn't know and was just seeing it as bizarrely Korean "na" 나 :?

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Any chance of updating with info and events from Jaco, Super, the new movies, etc?
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:20 pm

I just noticed that the day the artifical humans arrive, May 12th, is the anniversary of the Red Ribbon Army's defeat. It makes sense that Dr. Gero would choose this date for the revenge of the Red Ribbon Army, but I'm surprised that Toriyama remembered this detail, what with his tendency to forget things, and all. Or could it be a coincidence?
It's all GOOD

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:10 am

John Pannozzi wrote:Any chance of updating with info and events from Jaco, Super, the new movies, etc?
I was thinking the same thing.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:21 am

With the series still having a steady stream of material being added (and as such, many dates being largely speculative still), I think it'd be pointless to try updating the guide so soon. Once we hit another definite break in new material, and start getting "Complete Dragon Ball Super Guidebooks" and the like, then it'd probably be a better time to update the guide.

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Zephyr wrote:With the series still having a steady stream of material being added (and as such, many dates being largely speculative still), I think it'd be pointless to try updating the guide so soon. Once we hit another definite break in new material, and start getting "Complete Dragon Ball Super Guidebooks" and the like, then it'd probably be a better time to update the guide.
Well, now we have another break with the end of the DBS anime series, so maybe...
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

Lirola

Post by Lirola » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:35 am

We need an update of this wonderful guide with date of Super and news akira´s information, please.
Thanks for all. :clap: :clap: :clap: