Goku's Saiyan Pride

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Goku's Saiyan Pride

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 am

GS7X7 wrote:I think Buster and Bunny are cool guys but, I wouldn't want my daughter shacking up with them. It'd just feel kind of weird -because they're talking humanoid animals.-
Still racist.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Oolong was, like, an 8-year-old piglet who probably didn't know much about sex and just wanted to feel some titties, regardless of "species" (they're all still Earthlings anyway). And maybe (this is crazy, but it is the Dragon World), they were compatible. We do see, when he and Pu-erh fly out as bats to stop Pilaf from summoning Shenlong, that he's got a penis that looks quite similar to Gokuu's.
Besides some anatomical similarities, they are just treated as regular humans, and the Daizenshuu imply they reproducting with humans is possible.

I wonder, what about other types of Earthling? For example, Giran, who is classified by Daizenshuu as just a monster (not even a monster-type Earthlings; just like there are animal-type Earthlings and animals) supposedly can't reproduce with regular humans?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Oolong was, like, an 8-year-old piglet who probably didn't know much about sex and just wanted to feel some titties, regardless of "species" (they're all still Earthlings anyway). And maybe (this is crazy, but it is the Dragon World), they were compatible. We do see, when he and Pu-erh fly out as bats to stop Pilaf from summoning Shenlong, that he's got a penis that looks quite similar to Gokuu's.
Besides some anatomical similarities, they are just treated as regular humans, and the Daizenshuu imply they reproducting with humans is possible.

I wonder, what about other types of Earthling? For example, Giran, who is classified by Daizenshuu as just a monster (not even a monster-type Earthlings; just like there are animal-type Earthlings and animals) supposedly can't reproduce with regular humans?
I know, although Oolong's still referred to as a piglet. But being treated as a regular human doesn't necessarily equate being sexually compatible with a human of another kind. Just like, for example, two men can reproduce because neither have a vagina (that's the best analogy I can come up with).

And I doubt Giran can reproduce with regular humans. Even if he tried, he'd probably crush them. That Guru-Guru-Gum would make nice handcuffs, though...oh god, now look what you made me think! :x
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:11 pm

There are some half-ton obeses in real life who still manage to have sex, so I don't think Giran would have much trouble with it.

But I think that with the "monster" classification, he is comparable to just a talking animal, like the pterodactyl in chapter 1.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Fox666 wrote:There are some half-ton obeses in real life who still manage to have sex, so I don't think Giran would have much trouble with it.
They're not Kaijuu or dragons or whatever the hell Giran is, though.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Is thar really a problem? I mean, assuming he is civilized he is not going to bite your neck or anything.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Fox666 wrote:Is thar really a problem? I mean, assuming he is civilized he is not going to bite your neck or anything.
No, but he's probably much heavier than the average half-ton obese.

But whatever. Either way, I don't think he can reproduce with human-type Earthlings because his anatomy's too different.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm

GS7X7 wrote:I think Buster and Bunny are cool guys but, I wouldn't want my daughter shacking up with them. It'd just feel kind of weird -because they're talking humanoid animals.-
People used to say the same thing about humans with different skin colors. Even nowadays, some racist people still compare other humans to animals.
-Rachel

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Wouldn't that technically be a species-ist or even a genus-ist, since the discrepancy between the humans and humanoid animals are pretty egregious? It's not like human "races" or ethnic groups where the only discernible difference is the level of melanin content found in their skin, there are other differences at play here.

Maybe there is an aspect of sterilization involved in that humanoid-animals and humans are incompatible when it comes to reproduction, as such cross-marriage loses its appeal in more primitive times when there was a huge correlation between marriage and child-birth and that mentality persists to modern day. As such, romantic cross-association could be severely stigmatized as a byproduct of that.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:13 pm

This is just making me think of Brian from Family Guy and how nobody bats an eyelid when he dates human girls. I think he even had a son with one of them, although he looked all human.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Deep Thought wrote:Wouldn't that technically be a species-ist or even a genus-ist, since the discrepancy between the humans and humanoid animals are pretty egregious? It's not like human "races" or ethnic groups where the only discernible difference is the level of melanin content found in their skin, there are other differences at play here.
Racist is not just the skin color, there are other facial features that defines a race. But going by the definition of species, the animal-type Earthlings are not a different species. From Wikipedia:

A species is often defined as a group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:This is just making me think of Brian from Family Guy and how nobody bats an eyelid when he dates human girls. I think he even had a son with one of them, although he looked all human.
You shouldn't take that serious, since the conception of Brian's son character was a writting joke itself:

Stewie: Brian, now that I think about it, how can you possibly have a thirteen-year-old son when you yourself are only seven?
Brian: Well, those are dog years.
Stewie: That doesn't make any sense.
Brian: You know what, Stewie? If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:This is just making me think of Brian from Family Guy and how nobody bats an eyelid when he dates human girls. I think he even had a son with one of them, although he looked all human.
You shouldn't take that serious, since the conception of Brian's son character was a writting joke itself:

Stewie: Brian, now that I think about it, how can you possibly have a thirteen-year-old son when you yourself are only seven?
Brian: Well, those are dog years.
Stewie: That doesn't make any sense.
Brian: You know what, Stewie? If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.
I know, I was just theorizing for a laugh. Family Guy isn't at all serious, but then again, nor is Dragon Ball.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Lol, I'm not a furry. Tolerance is fine and all but now we're extending it fictional species -that do not exist- to the point of wanting our daughters dating like say, a Krogan or Turian.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:20 am

GS7X7 wrote:Lol, I'm not a furry.
Hey, not all furries are into that stuff. It's just a stereotype.
GS7X7 wrote:Tolerance is fine and all but now we're extending it fictional species -that do not exist- to the point of wanting our daughters dating like say, a Krogan or Turian.
Yeah, it was just for fun.

LiamKav
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LiamKav » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:04 am

Semi seriously, there is a difference between the Buster and Babs Bunny thing and Oolong. In one case we are talking about people on our Earth going out with a fictional cartoon character. Hence the furry comments. But with Oolong, we're talking about people on his Earth. Since talking animal humans are normal on that Earth, then you can't compare the two circumstances.

012yArthur0
Beyond Newbie

Post by 012yArthur0 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 am

Semi Seriously, how the topic actually changed to this?