SSJ multiplier

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fox666
I Live Here

Re: SSJ multiplier

Post by Fox666 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:20 pm

hleV wrote:for a non-existant reason
Isn't that a fallacy? I can't think of a reason for Obama drinking milk last night. Does that proves he never did?
hleV wrote:outright contradicts the official SSJ multiplier?
If you assume Kiri and converts directly to Scouter units. Otherwise there is nothing "obvious" there.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Wasn't there an official source that told us that SS Goku against Yakon was exactly as strong as he was on Namek, and showed us how many kiri is equal to one's battle power?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:09 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Wasn't there an official source that told us that SS Goku against Yakon was exactly as strong as he was on Namek, and showed us how many kiri is equal to one's battle power?
I don't think so? Even if there was, unless they were talking about Goku just retraining himself to that level, it'd contradict the series. Just his trip in the RoSaT alone more than doubles his power. So even if official, said supplemental information would be worthless.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Found the thread with the thing I was talking about: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=18721
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Someone asked how much a Kiri is in battle powers, and a "professor" answered that it was 50,000 if you divide the battle power of Super Saiyan Goku by 3,000. However it seems that person assumed that Goku never got any stronger since them, so I don't think we should take this in account.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Or Goku was at 150,000,000 against Yakon, which is not his full SSJ power.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:23 pm

But that's not what the "professor" said.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:19 am

Meh. Yakkon is a magical beast. For him to be superior to Freeza makes sense. He's roaming around his dark planet doing nothing but eating any available light. He was never a threat to Freeza's empire and his power makes sense considering.

The Ssj Goku Buu / Namek = 3,000 is just some crazy made up nonsense to try to make Freeza more relevant than he is IMO.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 am

Bussani wrote:
Kaboom wrote:"Super Saiyan Full Power" isn't a fan-term. It's from, albeit only from, Goku's "Growing Up" biography in Daizenshuu 2. And while some amount of control over one's power while in Super Saiyan may have been seen before, only after the FPSSj training were Goku and Gohan able to restrain themselves to such a perfect degree that they were just walking around and chilling in the form as if it were their normal states, putting out next to zero energy all the while. That amount of control was unheard of before then.
He probably means that how people use it is a bit of a fan term. I've come to believe that "Super Saiyan Full Power" isn't even a name of anything--it's just a subsection name. It refers to the point that Goku revealed his full power to Cell (in the chapter "Son Goku at Full Power" no less) and nothing more. It's fans who use that subsection title as the name for everything Goku and Gohan could do once they left the Room of Spirit and Time. However, it is at least convenient to use it as the name for, "Goku and Gohan as Super Saiyans after the Room of Spirit and Time training," because that doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
Well, back in my MFG days, I saw people on there using "Mastered Super Saiyan", which might be more appropriate. But "Super Saiyan Full Power" seems to be the norm here, perhaps because it has more of an official status.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 am

Yea I always thought Mastered Super Saiyan was a more appropriate term. Full Power Super Saiyan always left me with the impression that they had reached their max , and considering the debacle that occurred from Goku's statement at being at their limits ( for the time being ) I generally stay as far away from FP SSJ as possible. And it's just a personal choice as well , Mssj suits me better.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 am

If a destinction needed to be made, I would prefer calling it a relaxed/stressless etc. Super Saiyan.
Super Saiyan Full Power is just that:

(A) Super Saiyan (at) Full Power.

It is not Goku and Gohan, while they are going around in their Super Saiyan states all relaxed, like we have discussed in other threads.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 am

So you would consider Goku / Gohan fighting Cell at Relaxed Super Saiyan?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 am

No, read my post, Goku and Gohan going around all relaxed could be called relaxed Super Saiyan, while when they have powered up to full power, they're obviously Super Saiyan Full Power.

Mjb1985
Advanced Regular

Post by Mjb1985 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:14 am

Ok. I prefer Mastered Super Saiyan because of the show of mastery over the form. They've never been able to be so relaxed in Super Saiyan and that sounds like a master perfecting the form. To me that sounds the best and is the more logical option IMO. But to each his own.

I would consider that relaxed state just a suppressed state just like they do in Base.