Full Power Super Saiyan Multiplier?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Full Power Super Saiyan Multiplier?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:57 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:He was also really angry when Freeza hit the side of his face with a freakin Kienzon and turned down his mercy.
And Gohan was freaking pissed when he learned that his dad just died in vain...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:He was also really angry when Freeza hit the side of his face with a freakin Kienzon and turned down his mercy.
And Gohan was freaking pissed when he learned that his dad just died in vain...
He was more sad than angry. He was angry when Cell returned.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:02 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:He was more sad than angry. He was angry when Cell returned.
Because it meant his dad just died in vain...

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:04 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:He was more sad than angry. He was angry when Cell returned.
Because it meant his dad just died in vain...
Thats my point. Gohan still got an anger boost when Cell returned.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 pm

As far the manga goes, I think it's obvious that once you transformed in Super Saiyan for the first time, you know how to do it again intuitively.

And was Gohan really angry when Cell returned? He was all cocky challanging Cell with a smile on his face.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Last I checked, Goku stated he couldnt control it at first. Correct me if I'm wrong. Mmm... Debatable, Gohan still looks pretty pissed.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm

50x. It's just the same as SSJ. Only difference is that SSJ can now be used to it's maximum flexibility. The drawbacks are gone or minimal. I don't think the multiplier would change.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 am

Goku does tell Trunks that he had to practice to be able to transform into a Super Saiyan at will. He did it against Freeza, of course, so maybe he just meant that he couldn't do it reliably? Like...I can sometimes get a basketball in a hoop, but I'd have to practice a lot to be able to do it at will.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

The way I figured it was that Goku was able to re-transform easily against Freeza because he was still emotional and pumped up from battle. Same with Gohan re-transforming when the revived Cell showed up. But it would take effort and practice to be able to do something like that out of the blue. To pull off a "cold start," so to speak.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 am

Like Kaboom, I always just assumed that since rage was the initial trigger, the madder they are, the easier time they have transforming back into the form before they master the actual transformation process. But, even after they are able to transform at will, if they are enraged enough, the transformation will be triggered even if they are trying to restrain themselves (Gohan watching Spopovich curbstomp Videl).

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 am

Doesn't really explain Gohan transforming into Super Saiyan 2 at the Tenkaichi Budokai after he's calmed down.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 am

Saiga wrote:Doesn't really explain Gohan transforming into Super Saiyan 2 at the Tenkaichi Budokai after he's calmed down.
In that case, it seems he expended considerable time and effort to transform. The audience was even getting impatient and jeering at him while he was standing there gathering/focusing his ki. It wasn't just an instant "*BAMF*, transformed" kind of thing like Vegeta and Goku pulled off for their fight later.
deviantART
[thread]

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am

Kaboom wrote:
Saiga wrote:Doesn't really explain Gohan transforming into Super Saiyan 2 at the Tenkaichi Budokai after he's calmed down.
In that case, it seems he expended considerable time and effort to transform. The audience was even getting impatient and jeering at him while he was standing there gathering/focusing his ki. It wasn't just an instant "*BAMF*, transformed" kind of thing like Vegeta and Goku pulled off for their fight later.
Weren't the audience's reactions anime only as they dragged out the scene?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 am

Saiga wrote:Weren't the audience's reactions anime only as they dragged out the scene?
No, VIZ has them yelling "Boo!", "Get going!", "Um...the match has started.", "What's wrong?", "Hurry up!", C'mon fools!", "How long are you gonna stand there?!" and "Quit waistin' our time!!" in a couple panels across the 6 pages it take him to rev up. lol

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 am

dbzfan7 wrote:50x. It's just the same as SSJ. Only difference is that SSJ can now be used to it's maximum flexibility. The drawbacks are gone or minimal. I don't think the multiplier would change.
I don't think so. Firstly, the SSJ form is not a fixed multiplier like for example Kaioh Ken x10 in the sense that it doesn't matter how much you train your Kaioh Ken technique, because Kaioh Ken x10 will always be a x10 multiplier (and the most you can achieve is to reduce the amount of harm the technique inflicts to you).
In fact, controlling SSJ is not different from controlling the normal state. The difference relies on the fact that the SSJ adds a huge amount of stress to your body, but if you remember the fight against Nappa, a normal person that gets stressed has far less energy in combat that another one with the same potential but calmed.

Furthermore, I wouldn't say the SSJ is an overall multiplier at all, because if it was then Vegeta would be far stronger than Goku, and that's not the case.
In Goku's case, untrained SSJ multiplies it's strength by 10 and I would say that Full Power SSJ is about a 40x multiplier, but this can only be applied to Goku.

Since the SSJ form depends on more factors than just the transformations and in the manga it's never specified the way it works (we only can speculate) I would say it was a bit like the zenkay power but with a little more information. We know what effects it has, but we don't know if there is a fixed rule behind it (I personally say no).

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:40 am

freezamite wrote:the SSJ form is not a fixed multiplier like for example Kaioh Ken x10
Akira Toriyama disagrees with you.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
freezamite wrote:the SSJ form is not a fixed multiplier like for example Kaioh Ken x10
Akira Toriyama disagrees with you.
No, he doesn't. It's really clear in the manga that the SSJ improves when controlling the energy and stress of the body. If the SSJ can improve, then it's not a fixed multiplier, it's the complete opposite!!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:12 am

Toriyama confirms in this interview that the Super Saiyan gives a x50 increase.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am

freezamite wrote:It's really clear in the manga that the SSJ improves when controlling the energy and stress of the body. If the SSJ can improve, then it's not a fixed multiplier, it's the complete opposite!!
Not as "clear" as you think. Never is anyone said to become stronger JUST by improving their use of Super Saiyan. We see Gohan doing that, but then we also see them training a lot. If their overall power increased from their training, then both their base forms and Super Saiyan would increase roughly proportionately to each other.

Before Training
Goku: 10
Super Saiyan: 500

After Training
Goku: 50
Super Saiyan: 2500
deviantART
[thread]

yakonojo

Post by yakonojo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:34 pm

How about this theory : SSJ Base is x 50 normal state base.
As you train to achieve FPSSJ, your SSJ increase becomes greater : x65,x75, and so on... Until you reach x100 which is SSJ2.
That doesn't work with SSJ3 though... :/