Strongest Earthling

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Strongest Earthling

Post by Flamzeron » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:42 am

Who would you say is the strongest human in the entire DragonBall series and why?

For me, I'd say Tenshinhan. He seems more serious about training and keeping up his strength. Although Kuririn and Yamcha are both strong, they don't really train to keep up their skill that much, besides for the tournament during the Majin Buu arc. I feel like Tenshinhan has always been serious about his training. That's just my opinion.

Also, sorry if there is an actual answer from Akira Toriyama or something and I'm just wasting everyone's time. I heard something about Toriyama saying that Kuririn was the strongest human, but I haven't seen any proof. Other than that, I haven't heard any official answer.
Last edited by Flamzeron on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Strongest human

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 am

Flamzeron wrote:Who would you say is the strongest human in the entire DragonBall series and why?

For me, I'd say Tenshinhan. He seems more serious about training and keeping up his strength. Although Kuririn and Yamcha are both strong, they don't really train to keep up their skill that much, besides for the tournament during the Majin Buu arc. I feel like Tenshinhan has always been serious about his training. That's just my opinion.

Also, sorry if there is an actual answer from Akira Toriyama or something and I'm just wasting everyone's time. I heard something about Toriyama saying that Kuririn was the strongest human, but I haven't seen any proof.
From known characters who fight and are main character/side I go by

edit 2
1. Krillin
2. Tenshinhan
3. Yamcha
4. Chaozu
5. Yajirobe
6. Muten Roshi
7. Grampa Gohan
8. Tao Pai Pai
9. Chi Chi
10.Tsuru-senin
11. Gyumao
12. General Blue
13. King Chappa
14. Nam
15. Bora
16. Videl
17. Mr. Satan
18. Pamputto
19. Ranfan
20. Farmer
21. Bulma

Update my list if I missed something. Also Oob doesn't count. He is a reincarnation of Boo. If you feel he does count then he gets the number 1 spot and demotes everyone on the list by one level.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:55 am

Yamcha says that Krillin is the "Strongest among earthlings" or something along those lines, so there's that.
Last edited by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

I too recall Toriyama saying that Krillin was, but it makes more sense to me to have Tenshinhan by the end of the manga series.

But I don't take Toriyama's word for everything. He forgot who Launch was at one point, and now for his current art style, he puts blue sparks in his regular Super Saiyan auras, which was exclusive to SSj2 and 3 when the series was created.

EDIT:
1. Krillin
2. Tenshinhan
3. Yamcha
4. Chaozu
5. Yajirobe
6. Muten Roshi
7. Grampa Gohan
8. Tao Pai Pai
9.General Blue
10. Nam
11. Bora
12. Videl
13. Mr. Satan
14. Pamputto
15. Farmer
You forgot King Chappa
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:10 am

I say it's Kuririn.

For Kurirn vs Tenshinhan, the official battle powers show that even before having his potential unlocked Kuririn was steadily bridging the gap between the two. After the power up, his strength skyrocketed, and I don't think Tenshinhan could close that gap within the timeframe of the series. Not with Kuririn continuing his training up until the Cell Games.

Throw in Yamcha's and Toriyama's comments, it's pretty clear the Kuririn is the strongest. However, once Oob receives proper training, he'll be the strongest human of all.

Yamcha and Chaozu are of course non-factors here.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:30 am

Ketchup_Revenge wrote:I too recall Toriyama saying that Krillin was, but it makes more sense to me to have Tenshinhan by the end of the manga series.

But I don't take Toriyama's word for everything. He forgot who Launch was at one point, and now for his current art style, he puts blue sparks in his regular Super Saiyan auras, which was exclusive to SSj2 and 3 when the series was created.

EDIT:
1. Krillin
2. Tenshinhan
3. Yamcha
4. Chaozu
5. Yajirobe
6. Muten Roshi
7. Grampa Gohan
8. Tao Pai Pai
9.General Blue
10. Nam
11. Bora
12. Videl
13. Mr. Satan
14. Pamputto
15. Farmer
You forgot King Chappa
Thanks.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:59 am

The Toriyama quote in question is from his DB Tenkaichi Densetsu joint interview with Takao Koyama and Masako Nozawa:
Toriyama:
Kuririn was originally supposed to be just a minor role, so to have him become Goku’s best friend in the blink of an eye…

Koyama:
Well, he is the strongest Earthling male.

Toriyama:
You’re right, he is the strongest among the Earthlings. But in spite of that, he tends to end up in a bad way, so I thought, “once in a while, I have to let him be happy,” and had him get married. (laughs)
The promotional pamphlet for Battle of Gods has little bios on the main characters, with Kuririn's bio describing him as the strongest Earthling warrior.

There's that Yamcha quote mentioned above.

Awhile back Shueisha had this website where you'd answer questions and it would tell you which DB character you were most like. To go along with this it featured summaries of the characters, and Kuririn's made prominent mention of him being the strongest Earthling, seemingly to console whoever was matched up with him. I can't remember what they said for Tenshinhan (or Yamcha, for that matter).

I remember that Viz's character bios at the start of their volumes describe Kuririn as the strongest Earthling but a weakling compared to the other main characters. Something like that. I think they started using this description of him around the Cell era.

The games Supersonic Warriors and Ultimate Butoden both have "What If?" stories where Kuririn single-handedly defeats various major villains up to and including Boo. OK, OK, I guess we really can't count that.

I feel like there's a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting, and at least half these things aren't what most people would consider "canon". But it's kinda interesting how much stuff there is out there labeling Kuririn the strongest Earthling. I don't think there's really anything equivalent for Tenshinhan, take that as you will.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Ketchup_Revenge wrote:I too recall Toriyama saying that Krillin was, but it makes more sense to me to have Tenshinhan by the end of the manga series.

EDIT:
1. Krillin
2. Tenshinhan
3. Yamcha
4. Chaozu
5. Yajirobe
6. Muten Roshi
7. Grampa Gohan
8. Tao Pai Pai
9.General Blue
10. Nam
11. Bora
12. Videl
13. Mr. Satan
14. Pamputto
15. Farmer
You forgot King Chappa
Thanks.
You also forgot Bulma (Last position), Chi-Chi (9th position), Gyumao (11th position), Bacteria (right above or below Videl), Ranfan (???), and Tsuru-senin (10th position).

I still call bullshit Kuririn being the strongest though.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:52 am

There are plenty of other characters, like Budokai participants, members of the Red Ribbon, Uranai Baba fighters, etc.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:05 am

Fox666 wrote:There are plenty of other characters, like Budokai participants, members of the Red Ribbon, Uranai Baba fighters, etc.
You mean those vague, background characters? Nope, they don't count and all of Uranai Baba fighters weren't human except Grandpa Gohan (and maybe the mummie if you're welling to discount the distinction between the two).
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:33 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Flamzeron wrote:Who would you say is the strongest human in the entire DragonBall series and why?

Also, sorry if there is an actual answer from Akira Toriyama or something and I'm just wasting everyone's time. I heard something about Toriyama saying that Kuririn was the strongest human, but I haven't seen any proof.
From known characters who fight and are main character/side I go by

edit
1. Krillin
2. Tenshinhan
3. Yamcha
4. Chaozu
5. Yajirobe
6. Muten Roshi
7. Grampa Gohan
8. Tao Pai Pai
9.General Blue
11. King Chappa
10. Nam
11. Bora
12. Videl
13. Mr. Satan
14. Pamputto
15. Farmer

Update my list if I missed something. Also Oob doesn't count. He is a reincarnation of Boo. If you feel he does count then he gets the number 1 spot and demotes everyone on the list by one level.
You missed Chichi.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 am

Umm Uub...
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:45 am

Oob is a reincarnation of Boo and thus doesn't count.

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 pm

So if you honestly think about it (If Toriyama is correct about Krillin being the strongest), it's likely that no human had a PL over 100,000 by the end of the series. Krillin's biggest jump was during the Freeza arc, and he was nothing to Recoom who only had a power level of 60,000. Factor in the three years for training for the Artificial humans, and I'll bet he didn't make it over 100,000 by that time. He didn't train seriously after that, so I wouldn't feel good putting him any higher than 120,000 by the end of the series.

I'm just wondering if someone with a PL lower than 100,000 could actually stun someone as strong as second form Cell if Cell was really as high as everyone puts him at. Is it possible that later characters are nowhere near as strong as we think they are?
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Of course Uub counts. EVERY human in the series is the reincarnation of someone else, good or bad (at least in the manga).

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Of course Uub counts. EVERY human in the series is the reincarnation of someone else, good or bad (at least in the manga).
Oob is a very direct reincarnation.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Saiga wrote: For Kurirn vs Tenshinhan, the official battle powers show that even before having his potential unlocked Kuririn was steadily bridging the gap between the two.
Really? Let's see, when Raditz came to the Earth Tenshinhan was given a BP of 250 and Kuririn 206,
later, according to the Daizenshuu, Tenshinhan is given 1830 and Kuririn 1770.
Hmmm, it seems that Tenshinhan is the one augmenting the gap between the two.

Ketchup_Revenge wrote: But I don't take Toriyama's word for everything. He forgot who Launch was at one point, and now for his current art style, he puts blue sparks in his regular Super Saiyan auras, which was exclusive to SSj2 and 3 when the series was created.
Exactly! let's see what happens in this movie. So far, we've seen Tenshinhan ready to fight alongside
with A-18 and Piccolo while Kuririn is left out.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, probably, this movie will be indicative about which one is really the strongest.
Ketchup_Revenge wrote:So if you honestly think about it (If Toriyama is correct about Krillin being the strongest), it's likely that no human had a PL over 100,000 by the end of the series. Krillin's biggest jump was during the Freeza arc, and he was nothing to Recoom who only had a power level of 60,000. Factor in the three years for training for the Artificial humans, and I'll bet he didn't make it over 100,000 by that time. He didn't train seriously after that, so I wouldn't feel good putting him any higher than 120,000 by the end of the series.

I'm just wondering if someone with a PL lower than 100,000 could actually stun someone as strong as second form Cell if Cell was really as high as everyone puts him at. Is it possible that later characters are nowhere near as strong as we think they are?
Those are the implications if Kuririn is stronger than Tenshinhan.
Last edited by Titan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

hleV wrote:Oob is a reincarnation of Boo and thus doesn't count.
Does that matter? He is still human. If we don't count Uub then Krillin assuming Tien doesnt count since I've heard he is alien.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm

I say Kuririn since most stuff labels him as such and there isn't much else to go on. Oob if we are counting GT but I don't think he could be considered the strongest human at the end of the manga when he couldn't really use his own power(I don't remember much...).
TheMightyOzaru wrote: Does that matter? He is still human. If we don't count Uub then Krillin assuming Tenshinhan doesnt count since I've heard he is alien.
I believe Tenshinhan is listed as an Earthling even though he is supposed to descended from the three-eyed tribe.
Titan wrote: Let's not get ahead of ourselves, probably, this movie will be indicative about which one is really the strongest.
The promotional pamphlet is already describing Kuririn as the strongest Earthling so things aren't looking too good for Ten.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Makaioshin wrote:I say Kuririn since most stuff labels him as such and there isn't much else to go on. Oob if we are counting GT but I don't think he could be considered the strongest human at the end of the manga when he couldn't really use his own power(I don't remember much...).
TheMightyOzaru wrote: Does that matter? He is still human. If we don't count Uub then Krillin assuming Tenshinhan doesnt count since I've heard he is alien.
I believe Tenshinhan is listed as an Earthling even though he is supposed to descended from the three-eyed tribe.
Titan wrote: Let's not get ahead of ourselves, probably, this movie will be indicative about which one is really the strongest.
The promotional pamphlet is already describing Kuririn as the strongest Earthling so things aren't looking too good for Ten.
Tenshinhan is an Earthling and Gohan is what?

Are you sure that things aren't looking good for Ten? In your place i would wait.