Strongest Earthling

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Strongest human

Post by Titan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:21 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Titan wrote:The staff who made one of the Daizenshuus is the same who worked in the anime.
Actually, if i'm not mistaken, the same people who did Daizenshuu's BP were the same who worked in the anime.
Toei's involvement in the Daizenshuu was only for the anime-only stuff. So, no, they didn't work on the battle powers.
Really? Who worked on the battle powers?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

It was a group working for Shueisha, or something like that. Someone else, like Herms, should know more than I know.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am

I'm really scratching my head over this. Not just this specific thread, but the many before it.

Everything official that has even the slightest opinion on the matter consistently labels Kuririn as the strongest Earthling. Tenshinhan is likewise consistently grouped in with him in the 'Earthlings' category, despite however much alien ancestry he may have. Which means, yes, Kuririn's stronger than him. Even as late into the series as when Battle of Gods takes place, evidently.

What's so wrong with that? Why complicate it? What makes Tenshinhan so much more "special" than Kuririn in anyone's eyes to merit all this twisting of logic and playing word games just to create even the tiniest, weaseliest, bullsh*ttiest little avenue of escape from him being, horror of horrors, weaker than the short person?

Who cares if Tenshinhan's weaker? He and Kuririn are both scrubs compared to the big players like the Saiyans or Piccolo or the Kaioshin or Freeza or Cell or Majin Boo. What does it matter if Ten's the second-biggest of all the little ants stacked up against dinosaurs?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:15 am

Kaboom wrote:I'm really scratching my head over this. Not just this specific thread, but the many before it.

Everything official that has even the slightest opinion on the matter consistently labels Kuririn as the strongest Earthling. Tenshinhan is likewise consistently grouped in with him in the 'Earthlings' category, despite however much alien ancestry he may have. Which means, yes, Kuririn's stronger than him. Even as late into the series as when Battle of Gods takes place, evidently.

What's so wrong with that? Why complicate it? What makes Tenshinhan so much more "special" than Kuririn in anyone's eyes to merit all this twisting of logic and playing word games just to create even the tiniest, weaseliest, bullsh*ttiest little avenue of escape from him being, horror of horrors, weaker than the short person?

Who cares if Tenshinhan's weaker? He and Kuririn are both scrubs compared to the big players like the Saiyans or Piccolo or the Kaioshin or Freeza or Cell or Majin Boo. What does it matter if Ten's the second-biggest of all the little ants stacked up against dinosaurs?
Of course, Kuririn is stronger than Tenshinhan. We will see if Kuririn is still the strongest after the movie.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Kaboom wrote:I'm really scratching my head over this. Not just this specific thread, but the many before it.

Well I was once in the camp of Tenshinhan being stronger (prior to the influx of official word contradicting my beliefs). I think the biggest thing that just made it implicit to me that he was the superior of the two was that he was always more willing to confront the bigger enemies than Krillin was, and unconsciously I connected Tenshinhan's greater willingness to do so with a supposed greater ability to do so.

In addition to that I was comparing Krillin's unlocked potential + his lack of training to Tenshinhan's training at Kaios + his constant training, and felt that by the Buu arc at least Tenshinhan would be the obviously superior one. I dismissed Yamcha's line about Krillin's superiority, both in-universe as Yamcha simply comforting Krillin's daughter, and out-of-universe as Toriyama not having Tenshinhan anywhere on the brain due to his absence.

I realize now though that Krillin being the stronger of the two despite the fact that Tenshinhan is less of a pansy makes the characters more interesting. Krillin's the strongest human, but he happens to be a complete coward when the odds are stacked against him. Tenshinhan isn't the strongest human, but that doesn't interfere with his willingness to fight even the strongest foes to the last breath.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm

You hit the nail on the head. While actions generally speak louder than words, they're just as often an indication of character rather than ability. Tenshinhan rushing off to fight people that Kuririn doesn't would just make him braver than Kuririn, not necessarily stronger.
deviantART
[thread]

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Titan wrote:Of course, Kuririn is stronger than Tenshinhan. We will see if Kuririn is still the strongest after the movie.
Since in the movie he is also described as the strongest human, it seems unlikely that Tenshinhan would reveal more power than him. And frankly, since that is just repeating what was said in the Boo saga, I doubt they are even going to have any chance to show how strong they are in this movie.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Fox666 wrote:
Titan wrote:Of course, Kuririn is stronger than Tenshinhan. We will see if Kuririn is still the strongest after the movie.
Since in the movie he is also described as the strongest human, it seems unlikely that Tenshinhan would reveal more power than him. And frankly, since that is just repeating what was said in the Boo saga, I doubt they are even going to have any chance to show how strong they are in this movie.
We will see, so far, we've seen Tenshinhan moving to fight, but, it is quite possible that he will be defeated with a kick or something like that. However, I learned that you never should take things for granted or you can have some nasty surprises.

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:14 pm

I forgot Yajirobe entirely!

Ox King may indeed be too high on my list. ChiChi may indeed be stronger than Videl and even Mr. Satan. I consider these matters of opinion. The rest of it, I stand by. Mr. Satan is stronger than Videl, Nam, and any other human who hasn't surpassed their human limitations. Videl's a special case. Gohan seems to think she's stronger than her dad, but he hasn't seen him in 7 years, is weaker himself, and never really saw him fight anyway. Sure, Videl could fly circles around him, or simply pick him up and drop him out of a ring, but in terms of pure power, gotta give it to Hercule.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Mr Satan didn't train over those 7 years either, and is according to Videl the exact same strength.

And Gohan can sense ki.

Videl is stronger.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Flamzeron wrote:Who would you say is the strongest human in the entire DragonBall series and why?

For me, I'd say Tenshinhan. He seems more serious about training and keeping up his strength. Although Kuririn and Yamcha are both strong, they don't really train to keep up their skill that much, besides for the tournament during the Majin Buu arc. I feel like Tenshinhan has always been serious about his training. That's just my opinion.

Also, sorry if there is an actual answer from Akira Toriyama or something and I'm just wasting everyone's time. I heard something about Toriyama saying that Kuririn was the strongest human, but I haven't seen any proof.
From known characters who fight and are main character/side I go by

edit 2
1. Krillin
2. Tenshinhan
3. Yamcha
4. Chaozu
5. Yajirobe
6. Muten Roshi
7. Grampa Gohan
8. Tao Pai Pai
9. Chi Chi
10.Tsuru-senin
11. Gyumao
12. General Blue
13. King Chappa
14. Nam
15. Bora
16. Videl
17. Mr. Satan
18. Pamputto
19. Ranfan
20. Farmer
21. Bulma

Update my list if I missed something. Also Oob doesn't count. He is a reincarnation of Boo. If you feel he does count then he gets the number 1 spot and demotes everyone on the list by one level.
Where can I add Mutaito?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Kaboom wrote:You hit the nail on the head. While actions generally speak louder than words, they're just as often an indication of character rather than ability. Tenshinhan rushing off to fight people that Kuririn doesn't would just make him braver than Kuririn, not necessarily stronger.
Thirded. The entire reason Tenshinhan's confrontations with Cell and Boo are cool, and why they speak so well of him as a character, is precisely because Tenshinhan is not strong enough to stand up to them, but does so anyway. To cite them as examples of Tenshinhan's strength misses the point. I know that doesn't prove anything in regard to his strength relative to Kuririn, but it's something that frequently gets ignored in these discussions.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 am

Well, if no human's power level went over 100,000 in the series, how could the Z fighters hold their own against the Cell juniors and Tenshinhan agaist Super Buu... ?
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

They didn't. The humans all got the stuffing beat out of them by the Cell Juniors, and Tenshinhan did nothing against Boo but use the Kikoho to deflect a small attack aimed for Dende.
deviantART
[thread]

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Kaboom wrote:They didn't. The humans all got the stuffing beat out of them by the Cell Juniors, and Tenshinhan did nothing against Boo but use the Kikoho to deflect a small attack aimed for Dende.
Hahaha, so true, I just wanted to see how people would frame their beat-down, I was playing the Devil's advocate here.
Tenshinhan confuses me so, I mean Kikoho uses life energy, but is life energy more powerful than ki? Or are they one in the same? This also shortens his life-span. Is there a multiplier for the Kikoho vs regular ki attack?
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm

The closest thing we ever got to a "multiplier" for the Kikoho was Muten Roshi's original description of it telling us it was way more powerful than the Kamehameha.
Strength Checker wrote:Chapter: 132, P14.1
Kame-sennin: “It’s a technique that holds outrageous destructive power…many levels above even the Kamehameha…However, because of this extreme terribleness, it fiercely depletes one’s own energy, and they say people have even died from it…Even if one doesn’t die, one’s lifespan will undoubtedly be shortened…”
deviantART
[thread]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:30 pm

ChiChi is the most powerful human. Roshi said so.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Rocketman wrote:ChiChi is the most powerful human. Roshi said so.
Well, after all she did survived living with an abusive husband like Goku and even pushed Goten to the point where he reached SSJ status (in the anime, she also tanked a kick from him when he was at SSJ form... like a boss). ;)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Unless Tien and Krillin fight each other in the movie, you're not going to get a good comparison between the two. If they do fight someone, it's gonna be someone vastly stronger than them, and they are both going to get rocked.

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Strongest Earthling

Post by Flamzeron » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 am

Mystic Gohan wrote:Unless Tenshinhan and Krillin fight each other in the movie, you're not going to get a good comparison between the two. If they do fight someone, it's gonna be someone vastly stronger than them, and they are both going to get rocked.
Very true. I suppose it doesn't really matter who is the strongest Earthling, as they will get pummeled by the big bad. I just thought this would be a good discussion. I personally think it has, despite the "OMG Why??" reaction this thread seems to be getting.

I also changed the title of this thread to broaden it more.