The DBO Timeline...Again

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The DBO Timeline...Again

Post by bleed0range » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am

Chuquita wrote:
AGE 801
Son Goku disappears
  • Realizing his death is imminent, Goku, who wanted to settle their rivalry, left the Earth with Vegeta. Years later, a supernova explosion was detected; perhaps caused by Son Goku and Vegeta’s battle.
    [Ref: From the DBO timeline.]
So it's definitely Goku who initiates it. Interesting. I can only imagine the inner conflict/turmoil Vegeta went through after being approached by him about this. X3 There's a lot of complications involved in that; Vegeta's family still being alive at this point in the story for starters.
Also agreeing on the theory that going ssj3 while alive messed Goku's lifespan up considering the age his body would be in 801.
This would have probably been the best way for Goku to go out had Toriyama continued the manga. I love the idea of this. I have imagined a few times exactly what the exchanges between the two would be and exactly why Goku was close to death at that point. It would be so nice to one day see this put into an animated movie or special.

I really like a lot of the ideas in the timeline (if fleshed out properly). Mostly stuff that happens with Mr. Satan, like him retiring because Buu lost interest in fighting and becoming a movie star haha. And I like the idea of humans learning more about ki control and fighting. It would be interesting if that were the direction Toriyama went in, essentially helping the humans learn more about how to fight like that on a widescale level (through Mr. Satan) and allowing Earth to have a better chance at it's own protection without Goku and etc.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:13 am

Well that's interesting stuff about Miira, kind of disheartening, but interesting, although being from the future of Age 1000 and being an Earthling means nothing at that point since technically Namekians, Majins (Majians? Maians?) and Yadratians are all Earthlings alongside Humans, Animals and monsters. Besides that, Towa still is pretty suspicious.

Anyway, you say there's backstory missing, what kind of backstory and from where?

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Here is a bit of a tidbit for you guys in exchange though. Apparently the DBO guidebook's "chronicle" section has this to say about him:
"미라의 정체는 미래의 지구인이라고"
Miira's identity is an Earthling from the future!
Interesting. So he's not from the Makai?!

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:04 pm

So... we have no confirmed Makai[oshin] whatsoever?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 pm

hleV wrote:So... we have no confirmed Makai[oshin] whatsoever?
In fact I believe what we confirmed is that there is no mention of Makai throughout everything that pertains to Dragon Ball Online... So far.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 pm

DNA wrote:Well that's interesting stuff about Miira, kind of disheartening, but interesting, although being from the future of Age 1000 and being an Earthling means nothing at that point since technically Namekians, Majins (Majians? Maians?) and Yadratians are all Earthlings alongside Humans, Animals and monsters. Besides that, Towa still is pretty suspicious.

Anyway, you say there's backstory missing, what kind of backstory and from where?
I'm hoping that even if Miira originated as just an Earthling from the future, that he was actually experimented on by Towa to become who we know him as (because we know she rolls like that, what with all the experiments on Namek and trying to get Goku's body).

Assuming you mean the stuff me and DBZGTKOSDH were talking about, it's the stuff from the last couple pages of the DBO guide's chronicle section; like Miira being an Earthling from the Future, stealing the "Time Pass" from the "Jinkankaio/Time Kaio" and Trunks being promoted to Time Patroller by the god to help the Pale Man from creating too many divergent timelines and filling up the Temporal Space/Storage, which would cause everything in existence to go "poof". I've been told there really ain't much more to it than that, but I'll still try to get the full translation for you guys...eventually.
JeffJarrett wrote:Interesting. So he's not from the Makai?!
Not that I can find, and I checked the very interview Suzaku/Amaranth Sparrow said he got the information from. I'm guessing he actually used Google to translate it and things got jumbled, because the paragraph talked very briefly about how Trunks was is now a Time Patroller after the "Artificial Human Cell" Arc and is going to help out against the evil Miira, not that Miira is an artificial human from the demon realm.
hleV wrote:So... we have no confirmed Makai[oshin] whatsoever?
As of right now, we have no mention of anything related to Makaio(shin) outside of the SEGs. Towa and/or Uisu can still be one, but there is nothing confirmed on the matter as of right now.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

NANLIT
Beyond Newbie

Post by NANLIT » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:
AGE 801
Son Goku disappears
  • Realizing his death is imminent, Goku, who wanted to settle their rivalry, left the Earth with Vegeta. Years later, a supernova explosion was detected; perhaps caused by Son Goku and Vegeta’s battle.
So it's definitely Goku who initiates it. Interesting. I can only imagine the inner conflict/turmoil Vegeta went through after being approached by him about this. X3 There's a lot of complications involved in that; Vegeta's family still being alive at this point in the story for starters.
Also agreeing on the theory that going ssj3 while alive messed Goku's lifespan up considering the age his body would be in 801.
I'm also wondering what method they used to leave. Goku and Vegeta would need a planet that is void of life so they can truly go all out. But Goku's Instantaneous Movement technique needs him to sense someone's ki to get to their position. So what I'm thinking is they stole Bulma's spaceship. That would be how their friends and family would find out I think; by Bulma finding the spaceship gone, finding Goku and Vegeta have disappeared, and connecting he dots.

And your theory on SSJ3 draining Goku's lifespan really works and Goku's the type of person who wouldn't care enough about his lifespan that he'd stop using SSJ3.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 pm

NANLIT wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
AGE 801
Son Goku disappears
I'm also wondering what method they used to leave. Goku and Vegeta would need a planet that is void of life so they can truly go all out. But Goku's Instantaneous Movement technique needs him to sense someone's ki to get to their position. So what I'm thinking is they stole Bulma's spaceship. That would be how their friends and family would find out I think; by Bulma finding the spaceship gone, finding Goku and Vegeta have disappeared, and connecting he dots.

And your theory on SSJ3 draining Goku's lifespan really works and Goku's the type of person who wouldn't care enough about his lifespan that he'd stop using SSJ3.
I do think that they stole Bulma's spaceship and the above happens after that. I imagine the planet they'd choose could be anything from a wasteland-like place similar to where they had their first fight on Earth to a planet covered in plant-life--forests, valleys, rivers, etc--that's also devoid of people/sentient inhabitants.

Vegeta would have some inner conflict about whether or not to accept Goku's request, since Bulma, Trunks, and Bura all mean so much to him. Ultimately though, Goku's siren song of the full-power battle-to-end-all-battles-to-the-death is too strong for Vegeta to withstand, and he chooses to secretly run away (Vegeta's not sure if he could bring himself to leave if he were to tell Bulma about this and she were to try and stop him) with Goku for this final fight and ultimately, to die with him. It makes me feel as though they became really close in the intervening years between the end of the Buu arc and Age 801, because what Goku is asking of him there is some really heavy stuff.

The ssj3 being life-draining isn't my theory though; I've seen it bouncing around the forums for a while but as far as I know, Soulnova's the one who came up with that theory.

I do subscribe to Soulnova's theory that Goku using ssj3 while alive is the reason for his lifespan being shortened.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 pm

The topic of Miira:

Perhaps Miira is an Earthling (monster type, like Pilaf) and was kidnaped by Towa, and she transforms Miira in an android (artificial human or cyborg) inside the world of Makai. They are some possibilities.

Because in the game Miira is catalogued as an artificial human, surely is a human-base (Earthling monster type-base perhaps is more exactly XD) android, like C-17 and C-18 (there are others beings in the game classified as androids and manipulated by the Dark Eye: Namekians, Humans, Cell-X, Buyon race, Majins, dragons, octopuses, C-8.000, C-19.000, etc.):

By the way, someone translated the latest chronicles of the guide that were not translated?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:15 pm

bleed0range wrote: This would have probably been the best way for Goku to go out had Toriyama continued the manga. I love the idea of this. I have imagined a few times exactly what the exchanges between the two would be and exactly why Goku was close to death at that point. It would be so nice to one day see this put into an animated movie or special. and etc.
NANLIT wrote: I'm also wondering what method they used to leave. Goku and Vegeta would need a planet that is void of life so they can truly go all out. But Goku's Instantaneous Movement technique needs him to sense someone's ki to get to their position. So what I'm thinking is they stole Bulma's spaceship. That would be how their friends and family would find out I think; by Bulma finding the spaceship gone, finding Goku and Vegeta have disappeared, and connecting he dots.

As Chuquita commented above, that's the exact premise I develop on my story. You can check it out in my sig if you are interest.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Somehow, I think Goku and Vegeta flying away together in a spaceship sounds better than it actually is. I think their best option would be to teleport to Kaioshin and ask him to take them to a world that suits their needs: breathable atmosphere, uninhabited, durable, etc.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

soulnova wrote: As Chuquita commented above, that's the exact premise I develop on my story. You can check it out in my sig if you are interest.
That fanfic of yours is quite good, just that... Spoilers: Gokū's supposed death after 2 or 3 weeks contradicts the supernova years later. You could have made Gokū age faster, but not THAT fast. Like... after a few years Gokū would have cought up with Vegeta in terms of body age. Basically it's not that their "end" was approaching, but their "end of youth and power", and thus Goku & Vegeta decided to settle between them while they were still powerful. And the supernova should've been made when Goku & Vegeta clashed as SSJ3s! xD

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 pm

It seems more like Goku and Vegeta go out and fight, and the explosion becomes bright enough to see from earth a few years later once the light reaches the planet. I really doubt they cared about the actual physics behind it, as most of Dragon Ball defies such things anyway.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:55 pm

hleV wrote:
soulnova wrote: As Chuquita commented above, that's the exact premise I develop on my story. You can check it out in my sig if you are interest.
That fanfic of yours is quite good, just that...
xD Light takes time to travel through space. If you see a supernova from Earth, it means it happened years before. Glad you like it. :mrgreen:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Okay I feel dumb now. But what about Kaiō not announcing how the fight concluded? Isn't that still a contradiction to Goku's 2-3 weeks? Or did Kaiō actually speak to the earthlings not long after?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:57 pm

hleV wrote:Okay I feel dumb now. But what about Kaiō not announcing how the fight concluded? Isn't that still a contradiction to Goku's 2-3 weeks? Or did Kaiō actually speak to the earthlings not long after?
No, Kaio didn't contact them. Was it because he also forgot? or because something else? :think: I thought it was good way to finish it like that... with a hint of hope that maybe we haven't seen the last of our favorite Saiyans. Not implying they would live much longer than that, but for me it was like when Future!Bulma writes HOPE! at the side of Trunk's time machine. ;) I wonder if something like this would come up later on in DBO. Maybe the final explosion sucks them to another timeline like in the Bardock special? We already saw two other characters ripping the barriers or reality between dimensions just by YELLING (Buu/Gotenks). :lol: Not something to take it too seriously, just a wild idea I wanted to throw in there. :mrgreen:

By the way, if you liked it. Could you leave a small review there? :D ?

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: In order to fulfill a prophecy given by a robot priestess, Paella decides to follow his ancestor’s footsteps in world domination.
Okay, I want to know more about this robot priestress
-凯

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm

What's with the micro text? Do you guys think that's funny or something? It's really fucking stupid.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm

DNA wrote:What's with the micro text? Do you guys think that's funny or something? It's really fucking stupid.
It's to avoid spoilers from soulnova's fanfic.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:58 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
DNA wrote:What's with the micro text? Do you guys think that's funny or something? It's really fucking stupid.
It's to avoid spoilers from soulnova's fanfic.
Use PM's.