The DBO Timeline...Again

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: The DBO Timeline...Again

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm

DNA wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Artificial Humans #17 & #18 should be alive as well, though for now, I believe that #18 "followed" Kuririn when he died
Why would they be? Just because they are humans enhanced with cybernetics doesn't make them immortal.
Wasn't they said to be immortal because they had infinite energy? I think I remember making a comment about #18 never aging at some point as well.
DNA wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Red/#9, Dr. Gero/#20, and Taopaipai X were still alive/revived
I just said that. I literally just said that. Sometimes I think people ignore my posts.
Relax, I didn't ignore you. As you already read & replied, my sentence didn't end there. I mentioned them again for the rest of my post.
DNA wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:but I guess we killed them?
I don't know if "we" killed them or not since I don't know what happens in game. We're discussing the Timeline and who's alive in the Age 1000, not who we kill or not during our adventures.
We fight all three of them in Dungeons, and we defeat them, like any other monster, so I guess they died.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Wasn't they said to be immortal because they had infinite energy? I think I remember making a comment about #18 never aging at some point as well.
Well maybe, but I would believe their bodies would decay eventually. They are not mentioned in the timeline or seem in game, but I could be proven wrong eventually. Having infinite energy wouldn't stop them from decaying, only from growing tired. Their biological tissue would decay, and if 18 can get pregnant, she can grow old.
DNA wrote:We fight all three of them in Dungeons, and we defeat them, like any other monster, so I guess they died.
Yeah but again, that's not what we're discussing, we're not discussing what happens to them after we start playing but if they are alive or not by Age 1000.

Also, 16 has also been rebuilt, hasn't he?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm

DNA wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Wasn't they said to be immortal because they had infinite energy? I think I remember making a comment about #18 never aging at some point as well.
Well maybe, but I would believe their bodies would decay eventually. They are not mentioned in the timeline or seem in game, but I could be proven wrong eventually. Having infinite energy wouldn't stop them from decaying, only from growing tired. Their biological tissue would decay, and if 18 can get pregnant, she can grow old.
Found it! When Dr. Gero awakened #17 & #18, #18 noticed that he became an Artificial Human as well, and he told her that he wanted eternal life as well. And since both #17 & #18 don't seem to age at all through the series, and they have infinite energy, they should be immortal.
DNA wrote:Also, 16 has also been rebuilt, hasn't he?
I remember at least three "clones" of him, #16-A, #16-B, and #16-C. And they were evil, so none of them should be the same #16 we know.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Found it! When Dr. Gero awakened #17 & #18, #18 noticed that he became an Artificial Human as well, and he told her that he wanted eternal life as well. And since both #17 & #18 don't seem to age at all through the series, and they have infinite energy, they should be immortal.
Well, that solves that then. Which means they would also be alive by the time Goku Junior was around too. And it means 8 should also be around as well.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I remember at least three "clones" of him, #16-A, #16-B, and #16-C. And they were evil, so none of them should be the same #16 we know.
Is there any visual difference between them?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

DNA wrote:Piccolo, Mutenroshi, Baba, Dende, Karin, Muuri and Tao Bai Bai are all confirmed to be alive, although the later is now Tao Bai Bai X with new cybernetic improvements. Well actually Red is also alive since he's revealed to be Artificial Human #9 and I think they've also managed to bring Gero back. I think that's all from the old cast. I guess Tsurusennin should also be alive somewhere.
There is also Man-Wolf, maybe Bacterian, and maybe the Octopus Goku killed in the RRA arc. I think someone brought up that Cell X might be Cell but....yeah.
DNA wrote: Yeah but again, that's not what we're discussing, we're not discussing what happens to them after we start playing but if they are alive or not by Age 1000.

Also, 16 has also been rebuilt, hasn't he?
You fight a 16 in Pilaf/Paella's castle and in the room you fight him in you see 16A(opened), 16B, and 16C capsulepod things. There is no visual difference between the 16 we know and this other model.

And DBZGTKOSDH I'm not sure if Tao Pai Pai is killed by the players or just defeated. There is a slightly different Tao Pai Pai X in the official art and character textures but it could be that he looks that way if you fight him at a higher difficulty or something...
Last edited by Makaioshin on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Makaioshin wrote:And DBZGTKOSDH I'm not sure if Tao Pai Pai is killed by the players or just defeated. There is a slightly different Tao Pai Pai X in the official art and character textures but it could be that he looks that way if you fight him at a higher difficulty or something...
Doesn't he transform at some point when you battle him? I haven't fought him myself yet.

Oh, Tonijinka seems to be alive as well.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:16 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Doesn't he transform at some point when you battle him? I haven't fought him myself yet.
Just looked at a video of the dungeon and I guess he does. Never really noticed when I fought him. My mistake.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:44 pm

DNA wrote:Piccolo, Mutenroshi, Baba, Dende, Karin, Muuri and Tao Bai Bai are all confirmed to be alive, although the later is now Tao Bai Bai X with new cybernetic improvements. Well actually Red is also alive since he's revealed to be Artificial Human #9 and I think they've also managed to bring Gero back. I think that's all from the old cast. I guess Tsurusennin should also be alive somewhere.
That's some nice info! I wonder if Gero had anything to do with Miira..

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 am

Well I think the deaths of Goku and Vegeta does sound like them, of course they'd finish their lives by fighting one last battle.

I also liked Gohan writing "The Science of Ki Control",Trunks and Goten starting a Sword fighting school, Kuririn and Tenshinhan setting up the New Turtle and Crane Schools and Bulma making a capsule city out of West City.

and how the remaining Z-warriors defeated Frieza's remaining forces.

We still don't know what happens to Chichi, Yamcha, Chaozu etc so we can only guess whenever they died or not.
Still I like the DBO timeline more than GT, sounds more like the manga.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am

I really wished Uub had a bigger part on the time line. He was supposed to be the new Earth protector...
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 am

soulnova wrote:I really wished Uub had a bigger part on the time line. He was supposed to be the new Earth protector...
Or even a part in the time line. :P
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:35 am

Saiga wrote:
soulnova wrote:I really wished Uub had a bigger part on the time line. He was supposed to be the new Earth protector...
Or even a part in the time line. :P

Hahaha, touché. :mrgreen:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Agreed. It's like they're afraid to use Uub for some reason. Normally I chalk this up to GT syndrome, but they used Pan a little in the timeline, so... :?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 pm

I hate to bump, but this was in Devils' sig...
Do people really consider this game canon?
Is there official artwork of the Z-fighters in their older ages?
Is it own if Gohan/Vegeta/Goten/Trunks ascended to higher levels?
Etc, etc...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:15 am

hulkty wrote:I hate to bump, but this was in Devils' sig...
Do people really consider this game canon?
Is there official artwork of the Z-fighters in their older ages?
Is it own if Gohan/Vegeta/Goten/Trunks ascended to higher levels?
Etc, etc...
Again with the canon talk... There's no canon buddy. I consider Dragon Ball Online to be in its own continuity which follow the timeline established in the manga.
As far as I know, there is only artwork for anyone who is still alive by Age 1000, Piccolo would be the only one classed as a Z-Warrior. He's got a few wrinkles now.
Nothing was stated about anyone reaching higher levels.
Etc, etc to you too.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:28 pm

hulkty wrote:Do people really consider this game canon?
DBO has the Bardock TV Special in it's continuity which Toriyama retconned so no it isn't canon
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:23 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
hulkty wrote:Do people really consider this game canon?
DBO has the Bardock TV Special in it's continuity which Toriyama retconned so no it isn't canon
They didn't have the rights to the anime. DBO doesn't really have the Bardock special in it's continuity (though it can fit), they just have a baby Goku arriving in AGE 737. This was the accepted timeline of events, even with just the manga exclusive material, up until the release of Battle of Gods/Jaco the Gaalctic Patrolman.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:58 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: AGE 780
Pilaf makes another attempt to conquer the world, but fails…again.
  • [Ref: From DBO Trailer #1's history book]
It's funny that this particular entry could correspond to the "Battle of God" and "Fukkatsu no F" events !!! 8) :idea:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Yeah. Depending on when Revival of「F」ends up actually taking place (3 years for Beerus' nap?), then this entry would fall between them: BOG in 778 and ROF in 781.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:05 pm

I hope they acknowledge Lunch's 100th successful prison escape. That would make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.