Goku's Feats

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Goku's Feats

Post by White Oni » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:27 am

... And wouldn't that make him stronger than Superman?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am

Beerus isn't anywhere near as strong as Superman. Neither is Whis, they're on completely different levels.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I see...

OK then, I give up. Beerus destroyed these planets.

You don't have to be stronger than Superman to do anything. Speed is probably the most important factor in the universe for damage. That is what people like the Flash can dish out more damage than Superman. If you accelerate a fist to the speed of light you'll be hitting with the power of a white dwarf star(supposedly). You could be the weakest person on the planet but if you're fast you will always throw something with more damage. Some versions of Superman have shown to be able to lift weight equal to the mass of the Earth and still haven't been able to throw a punch as damaging as the Flash because they lack the speed. So if Beerus is moving fast enough he would be able to pull off feats equal to someone as strong as Superman.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Bullza wrote:Beerus isn't anywhere near as strong as Superman. Neither is Whis, they're on completely different levels.
Beerus (and base Goku) is in striking strength. If I'm not mistaken Superman's best punch only destroyed a moon.
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Hitiro wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:I see...

OK then, I give up. Beerus destroyed these planets.

You don't have to be stronger than Superman to do anything. Speed is probably the most important factor in the universe for damage. That is what people like the Flash can dish out more damage than Superman. If you accelerate a fist to the speed of light you'll be hitting with the power of a white dwarf star(supposedly). You could be the weakest person on the planet but if you're fast you will always throw something with more damage. Some versions of Superman have shown to be able to lift weight equal to the mass of the Earth and still haven't been able to throw a punch as damaging as the Flash because they lack the speed. So if Beerus is moving fast enough he would be able to pull off feats equal to someone as strong as Superman.
I understand what you mean but, how could someone so weak be able to obtain a speed so great(without being destroyed in the process of gaining speed) the punch would be that strong? and if they did that, they would be disintegrated on impact, no?

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:17 am

Haji wrote:I understand what you mean but, how could someone so weak be able to obtain a speed so great(without being destroyed in the process of gaining speed) the punch would be that strong? and if they did that, they would be disintegrated on impact, no?
Well that would be durability. You can have good durability without being strong. The Flash wasn't a strong individual, the only reason he could throw punches like that was because the Speed Force protected him. But there is nothing to say you can't be fast and durable.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:22 pm

My point is, Superman has to put some effort to destroy a planet, while Beerus destroyed 7 planets effortlessly.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:49 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:My point is, Superman has to put some effort to destroy a planet, while Beerus destroyed 7 planets effortlessly.
We don't know anything about those planets. Are they super small planets like Kaio's? Is his planet's gravity super high because it is super dense or is the gravity just added to it because it was made that way? I would imagine Capsule Corps space ships aren't super dense but they can make artificial gravity 100s of times greater than Earths. And Kaio's planet wasn't pulling the afterlife clouds to it and the rocks kind of just floated there when Goku blasted out part of the planet even though the rocks didn't go far.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:15 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:My point is, Superman has to put some effort to destroy a planet, while Beerus destroyed 7 planets effortlessly.
Well Superman had to destroy a dead moon, which was one of Saturn's, by accelerating to light speed I believe. He also destroyed a shadow moon created from magic with the help of Green Lantern but got knocked out by the explosion. It could be that the magical properties were the issue with this though as Superman doesn't tank magic very well. In comparison, Beerus' feat of destroying tiny planets isn't that impressive. SSJ Gotenks travel speed is around 1/5 the speed of light. So Beerus would be able to destroy them pretty easily travelling at that speed.

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I guess if you go by the speed thing, maybe that is how Kame sennin and Piccolo destroyed the moon. the blast "might" have been weak but since they was near the speed of light, that did the damage. but i don't think speed is like that in the Dragon World.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Bear with me and correct me at anytime with this because its all by the seat of my pants.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Muten Roshi and Piccolo Jr. both destroyed the moon, they had power levels of around 300 yes? So, lets assume a PL of at least 300 is needed to destroy the moon.

SSJ Goku on Namek was at 150 million, so theoretically at that moment, he has enough energy to destroy the moon 500 thousand times over right?

So take the energy required to blow up the moon and multiply it by 500k and you have the force of SSJ Namek Saga Goku's Kamehameha, right? Again, I suck at math and this was by the seat of my pants.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:45 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Bear with me and correct me at anytime with this because its all by the seat of my pants.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Muten Roshi and Piccolo Jr. both destroyed the moon, they had power levels of around 300 yes? So, lets assume a PL of at least 300 is needed to destroy the moon.

SSJ Goku on Namek was at 150 million, so theoretically at that moment, he has enough energy to destroy the moon 500 thousand times over right?

So take the energy required to blow up the moon and multiply it by 500k and you have the force of SSJ Namek Saga Goku's Kamehameha, right? Again, I suck at math and this was by the seat of my pants.
This is assuming that power scales linearly. It could be logarithmic or some other form of scaling.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Hitiro wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Bear with me and correct me at anytime with this because its all by the seat of my pants.

This is assuming that power scales linearly. It could be logarithmic or some other form of scaling.
Assuming it does scale linearly, that makes GT Goku downright terrifying.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:14 pm

The problem here is that you can't use real life physics to explain what an author that doesn't have that knowledge wants to express. I mean, MutenRoshi could destroy the moon, and then king piccolo could destroy just a city, but at the same time King Piccolo was stronger.

Toriyama had a serious problem with perspectives, the further an object was, the tinnier it became and in DB that meant it was weaker and easier to destroy. So in the DB world to destroy the moon from the earth was less of a feat than destroying a city from a plane. It doesn't have any sense, but that's how it works here in that manga, so you can't take "planetary destroying feats" until they do that at blank point range.

I'm sorry for all those physics here calculating energies in megatons or whatever, but this is fiction so real life physics just doesn't apply at all.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:09 pm

freezamite wrote:The problem here is that you can't use real life physics to explain what an author that doesn't have that knowledge wants to express. I mean, MutenRoshi could destroy the moon, and then king piccolo could destroy just a city, but at the same time King Piccolo was stronger.

Toriyama had a serious problem with perspectives, the further an object was, the tinnier it became and in DB that meant it was weaker and easier to destroy. So in the DB world to destroy the moon from the earth was less of a feat than destroying a city from a plane. It doesn't have any sense, but that's how it works here in that manga, so you can't take "planetary destroying feats" until they do that at blank point range.

I'm sorry for all those physics here calculating energies in megatons or whatever, but this is fiction so real life physics just doesn't apply at all.
This isn't the case. Destroying the moon from Earth was never considered less of a feat than destroying a city from a plane. The ease of destroying a city is an impressive feat. But not the scale of it. And I find it perfectly fine to apply physics to elements that aren't to do with Ki. This means punches, running speed, travel speed, etc. It's hard to factor in Ki because there is no way to make sense of such a thing with real life physics. But if x character can travel y distance in z time then we can calculate their speed.

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm

We're still talking about G vs S?
NO! Let's not go down this road, it leads to nowhere!

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 am

I realize that this forum is old, but I'd like to contribute Goku's most insane feat yet. He literally shakes infinity. In episode 110 of Dragon Ball Super, Goku emerges from the rubble form his fight with Jiren and without powering up, without charging an attack. From merely EXISTING Goku shakes the entire world of void, a dimension or plane of existence which is infinite. It is stated that the whole world of void dimension was shaking. Not the arena. Not the space around them. The entire infinite dimension.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I realize that this forum is old, but I'd like to contribute Goku's most insane feat yet. He literally shakes infinity. In episode 110 of Dragon Ball Super, Goku emerges from the rubble form his fight with Jiren and without powering up, without charging an attack. From merely EXISTING Goku shakes the entire world of void, a dimension or plane of existence which is infinite. It is stated that the whole world of void dimension was shaking. Not the arena. Not the space around them. The entire infinite dimension.
Yeah that was a pretty big feat. But I think this thread is so old that most feats in Super probably weren't even mentioned.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 am

That never made much sense to me because it wasn't shaking later when they were releasing much more power... besides, the whole place is supposed to be completely empty and made of nothingness. How does nothing 'shake'?

I was much more impressed by the Daishinkan changing the color of the entire dimension with no effort.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I realize that this forum is old, but I'd like to contribute Goku's most insane feat yet. He literally shakes infinity. In episode 110 of Dragon Ball Super, Goku emerges from the rubble form his fight with Jiren and without powering up, without charging an attack. From merely EXISTING Goku shakes the entire world of void, a dimension or plane of existence which is infinite. It is stated that the whole world of void dimension was shaking. Not the arena. Not the space around them. The entire infinite dimension.
That feat is about as reliable to scale as everyone in the arena breaking Katchi Katchin like it was regular rock. It makes zero sense even within the context of DB.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!