Goku's Feats

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Re: Goku's Feats

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:39 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote: As I said, you do you. You can apply the equations/logic of statics/dynamics, EM, fluid mechanics/dynamics, thermodynamics, relativity, QM, whatever you want to DB. But know that most if not all of it are an absurd and a fruitless exercise that doesn't garner any meaningful results even within the context of DB because writers aren't thinking about the fundamental concepts. Rule of cool =/= physics.
This is my problem. You are trying to pretend like I don't know this. You're trying to pretend like I´m some little kid trying to prove why Bugs Bunny is real. That pisses me off. I know this shit is fake, I never said it wasn't. You keep bending what I say to be able to make an argument over it. So let me make this absolutely clear so we don't have to do this song and dance again. I DO THIS FOR FUN.I find physics fun and like doing it. And like I said, If I want to figure how these obviously fictional characters, whose authors most likely know as much about science and physics as a toddler, blow up planets and shake infinite voids just to get a kick about of it, then i should be able to without dealing with guys like you who take offence from people having fun doing what you do for a living.

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I doubt even in 333 years we could make explosions equivalent to 16,000 Tzar Bombas- The most powerful Nuclear Weapon to have ever been made by mankind- and make them into the size of Marvin the Martian.
There aren't going to be talking ducks and pigs either. Point is, you have to suspend disbelief, sometimes more than other times. Ki doesn't exist IRL after all, so you can't exactly call DB powers realistic or plausible. But you can try to measure what they have shown to be able to do.
I was being sarcastic. Sorry if that wasn't clear

My final point is that powerscaling, for me at least, is fun. Thats all it should be for anyone really. If Toriyama wanted someone to be stronger than someone else, he´d have the characters say it outright. For example, he didn't just let fans speculate if Goku had gotten stronger than Gohan after the Cell saga, he made the characters outright say it. So if it was really that important, you wouldn't need to speculate about it because Toriyama would have had the characters state it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:48 am

Rakurai wrote:I simply find it baffling that people would watch DB for physics, which is what the other poster said his reason was. If someone gets offended for another person telling them that DB =/= physics problem (which I personally find insult, but that's just me), then that person is not cut out for a career in science. Rule of cool =/= physics.
Well DB wasn't created for romance and pairing wars either, yet you can find subcultures of the fandom who obsess over those things. It's just one aspect of things people enjoy. For example, I'm sure Toriyama never thought very much about how Vegeta and Bulma hooked up, but that doesn't stop people from writing super detailed fanfics about it and arguing that it should have happened this way or that way.
My final point is that powerscaling, for me at least, is fun. Thats all it should be for anyone really. If Toriyama wanted someone to be stronger than someone else, he´d have the characters say it outright. For example, he didn't just let fans speculate if Goku had gotten stronger than Gohan after the Cell saga, he made the characters outright say it. So if it was really that important, you wouldn't need to speculate about it because Toriyama would have had the characters state it.
I think this doesn't make much sense, because he can't have the characters state everything. There would be too much text if every character explicitly said how strong they were in relation to every other character. Some things have to exist for fans to speculate on. That's pretty much what the in-universe forum is for. If everything was crystal clear there would be no discussion here. We could just close down this entire subforum since all of the questions we had would have already been answered, and the only things left to discuss would be things like 'who's your favorite character'?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: I think this doesn't make much sense, because he can't have the characters state everything. There would be too much text if every character explicitly said how strong they were in relation to every other character. Some things have to exist for fans to speculate on. That's pretty much what the in-universe forum is for. If everything was crystal clear there would be no discussion here. We could just close down this entire subforum since all of the questions we had would have already been answered, and the only things left to discuss would be things like 'who's your favorite character'?
I didn't say everything. Just what Toriyama believes is important to the plot. Like having Vegeta outright say that SSJ Blue Kaioken Goku is stronger than him. Or having Shin say that ¨Jiren is stronger than anyone we have ever faced¨ making it clear that he is stronger than Merged Zamasu. Although you could make the argument that he includes beerus in that statement, making UI Goku stronger than beerus. See how I did that with statements only. But you can still have questions. He not gonna explain everything.