Stat Rankings

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Stat Rankings

Post by Vice » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Okay, just because I'm curious, please try to designate a 1-10 rating for the following characters based on these stats:

Ki Techniques
Hand-to-Hand Skills
Intelligence
Overall Strength
Overall Speed
Durability

The characters are the main Z team from the original series of Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Goten, Trunks, Tien and Yamcha and villains Freeza, Perfect Cell, Fat, Super and Kid Buu.

And while I know someone like Krillin's strength couldn't possibly compare to say Gohan's, please try to make it fit within the 1-10 parameters. Thanks.
Last edited by Vice on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Stat Rankings

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:21 pm

I think the easiest way to do it for the heroes is to rank in order, and give them all different numbers since you have 10 heroes listed there. For example, Gohan would probably be a 10 in Strength and Yamcha a 1 in Strength, while Yamcha should logically be higher than Gohan in Ki Techniques since hes the first character we see using a one and has two signature moves while Gohan doesn't have any.

Ki Techniques:
Hand-to-Hand Skills
Intelligence
Overall Strength
Overall Speed
Durability

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Goten, Trunks, Tenshinhan and Yamcha
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Ki techniques: Vegeta > Buu > Cell > Freeza > Piccolo > Gohan > Goku > Trunks > Goten > Tenshinhan > Krillin > Yamcha

I kind of bullshitted that. I can't remember if it was said in the series proper or a video game that Vegeta specialized in ki. I then figured the aliens/immortal pink things from space would have a better handle on ki than the Earthlings. Gohan directly trained under Piccolo, so I figured I'd put him over Goku in that department. Maybe Trunks should be higher because he apparently can transfer ki into his sword, and depending on which version of Trunks we're talking about, trained under either Vegeta or Gohan, woh according to my dumb list, are more ki-competent than Goku? I don't know.

EDIT: Oh, you wanted numbers. Reading!

Vegeta: 10
Buu: 9
Cell: 9
Freeza: 9
Piccolo: 9
Gohan: 8
Goku: 7
Trunks: 7
Goten: 7
Tenshinhan: 6
Kuririn: 6
Yamcha: 5
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:33 pm

I disagree with you entirely as I refuse to believe that someone like Goten, who cannnot even control his moves as said, is better at ki than someone like Krillin, who does know how to control his mpves.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Kid Buu wrote:I disagree with you entirely as I refuse to believe that someone like Goten, who cannnot even control his moves as said, is better at ki than someone like Krillin, who does know how to control his mpves.
When was it said Goten can't control his ki.? When he destroyed the roof was dub only and later on he did train in ROSAT so he probably got Ki control there if you believe he didn't.

Ki attack list:
Vegeta(9)
Piccolo(9)
Goku(8ish)
Future Trunks(6)=Trunks(6)
Krillin(7)
Ten(9)
Goten(6)
Yamcha(9)

Strength:
Vegeta(10)
Goku(10)
Gohan(8)
Ten(9)
Piccolo=Future Trunks(7)
Goten(6)
Trunks(6.5)
Krillin(4)
Yamcha(3.5)

Hand to hand:
Goku(10)
Piccolo(8)
Gohan = Goten(7.5)
Ten(7.5)
Vegeta=Trunks=Future Trunks(6)
Krillin(8)
Yamcha(7.5)

Intelligence:
Goku(10)
Piccolo(9)
Vegeta(10)
Gohan(6)
Ten(7)
Yamcha(6)(2 during Tenkaichi Budokai)
Future Trunks(3)
Goten(6)
Trunks(7)

Speed:
Goku(9)
Piccolo(10)
Gohan(9)
Goten(9.5)
Krillin(8)
Trunks(9)
Vegeta=Future Trunks(6. I honestly don't have Vegeta fast)
Ten(7)
Yamcha(8)

Durable:
Krillin(movies)(100)
Vegeta(10)
Gohan(8)
Goku(8)
Piccolo(7.5)
Goten=Trunks=Future Trunks=Ten=Krillin(7)
Yamcha(3)

Sorry couldn't do villains
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Oops, should clarify. I don't mean to rank them 1-10, but designate a rating from 1-10 for each.

Like say, for hand-to-hand fighting, Goku is a 10, Vegeta is a 9, etc, etc.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Vice wrote:Oops, should clarify. I don't mean to rank them 1-10, but designate a rating from 1-10 for each.

Like say, for hand-to-hand fighting, Goku is a 10, Vegeta is a 9, etc, etc.
Wow I feel stupid :oops: . I'll go edit my original post.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:49 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:When he destroyed the roof was dub only
How can a scene be dub only?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:50 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I meant the dialog when he destroyed the roof. The ending conversation was sorta different.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:59 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I meant the dialog when he destroyed the roof. The ending conversation was sorta different.
Eh? Goku said in the manga that Goten hadn't learned how to control his ki. So, there is no way that Goten is better that any of the Z-Senshi (other than Yajirobe of course) in ki blasts.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm talking about Trunks talking to Goten. Not the Goku part. I even said that I'm going post ROSAT training

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

My list is comprised to the fighters compared to each other's stats. As in, who is stronger and who is faster in their own league, and also compared to other fighters.
So a simple number (such as "9") means a stat compared to the other fighters.

Goku:

Ki Techniques: 9
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 10
Intelligence: 8
Overall Strength: 8
Overall Speed: 10
Durability: 8

Gohan:

Ki Techniques: 8
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 9
Intelligence: 9
Overall Strength: 10
Overall Speed: 10
Durability: 7

Vegeta:

Ki Techniques: 7
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 7
Overall Speed: 9
Durability: 9

Piccolo:

Ki Techniques: 10
Intelligence: 10
Overall Strength: 7
Overall Speed: 8
Durability: 6

Future Trunks:

Ki Techniques: 6
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 6
Overall Speed: 8
Durability: 7

Trunks:

Ki Techniques: 4
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 4
Intelligence: 6
Overall Strength: 6
Overall Speed: 6
Durability: 5

Goten:

Ki Techniques: 3
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 5
Intelligence: 5
Overall Strength: 5
Overall Speed: 7
Durability: 5

Tenshinhan:

Ki Techniques: 9
Overall Strength: 2
Overall Speed: 2
Durability: 4

Kuririn:

Ki Techniques: 8
Hand-to-Hand Skills: 10
Overall Strength: 3
Overall Speed: 3
Durability: 3

Yamcha:

Ki Techniques: 7
Overall Strength: 1
Overall Speed: 4
Durability: 3

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:30 am

TheGmGoken wrote:I even said that I'm going post ROSAT training
They only trained for a week, and apparently, focused on Gotenks. The only feats that Goten has with ki blasts are the Kamehameha, Bukujutsu, and normal ki blasts, and he can't even control his ki properly yet. He is nowhere near the others.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:01 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:I even said that I'm going post ROSAT training
They only trained for a week, and apparently, focused on Gotenks. The only feats that Goten has with ki blasts are the Kamehameha, Bukujutsu, and normal ki blasts, and he can't even control his ki properly yet. He is nowhere near the others.
I'm sure Goten got ki control once he came out...well fought Boo.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Even if he has gotten better at it, it doesn't make him better than the others.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:42 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Even if he has gotten better at it, it doesn't make him better than the others.
Did you read my list? He's at the Bottom with a 6. Re read my list please. I never put him above the others. Where did you get that idea from?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Actually, I didn't read your list. I had only seen B's list, so that's what I had in my mind. :oops:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:34 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:I disagree with you entirely as I refuse to believe that someone like Goten, who cannnot even control his moves as said, is better at ki than someone like Krillin, who does know how to control his mpves.
When was it said Goten can't control his ki.? When he destroyed the roof was dub only and later on he did train in ROSAT so he probably got Ki control there if you believe he didn't.

Ki attack list:
Vegeta(9)
Piccolo(9)
Goku(8ish)
Future Trunks(6)=Trunks(6)
Krillin(7)
Ten(9)
Goten(6)
Yamcha(9)

Strength:
Vegeta(10)
Goku(10)
Gohan(8)
Ten(9)
Piccolo=Future Trunks(7)
Goten(6)
Trunks(6.5)
Krillin(4)
Yamcha(3.5)

Hand to hand:
Goku(10)
Piccolo(8)
Gohan = Goten(7.5)
Ten(7.5)
Vegeta=Trunks=Future Trunks(6)
Krillin(8)
Yamcha(7.5)

Intelligence:
Goku(10)
Piccolo(9)
Vegeta(10)
Gohan(6)
Ten(7)
Yamcha(6)(2 during Tenkaichi Budokai)
Future Trunks(3)
Goten(6)
Trunks(7)

Speed:
Goku(9)
Piccolo(10)
Gohan(9)
Goten(9.5)
Krillin(8)
Trunks(9)
Vegeta=Future Trunks(6. I honestly don't have Vegeta fast)
Ten(7)
Yamcha(8)

Durable:
Krillin(movies)(100)
Vegeta(10)
Gohan(8)
Goku(8)
Piccolo(7.5)
Goten=Trunks=Future Trunks=Ten=Krillin(7)
Yamcha(3)

Sorry couldn't do villains
Concerning Goten, he's not better at hand-to-hand combat than Vegeta, he's not as smart as Gohan and smarter than Yamcha and Future Trunks, and he's not faster than Gohan or Vegeta.

He's an 7 year old kid. He's not a master fighter, and he's not a genius. And speed tends to correlate with strength, so he's not faster than Gohan or Vegeta, both of whom are much stronger than him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:58 pm

. I'm talking battle smarts. Seeing as Gohan to me was never that good of a fighter I'm OK with it. Maybe I should give him a 6.5 or 7. I gave Future Trunks a low score because of his whole POWER IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! He had going on. I also have Goten better in hand to hand because I never saw Vegeta as a hand to hand fighter. Seems more of ki whore or power house. Which is why even humans is higher. My list doesn't portray Goten as a master fighter nor a genius. At best he's average.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:23 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:. I'm talking battle smarts. Seeing as Gohan to me was never that good of a fighter I'm OK with it. Maybe I should give him a 6.5 or 7. I gave Future Trunks a low score because of his whole POWER IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! He had going on. I also have Goten better in hand to hand because I never saw Vegeta as a hand to hand fighter. Seems more of ki whore or power house. Which is why even humans is higher. My list doesn't portray Goten as a master fighter nor a genius. At best he's average.
Except that Vegeta is considered a master. One of the top 3 in the universe, according to the old Kaioshin. Unless you consider Goten to be one of those 3, then he's not a better fighter than Vegeta.

What does Goten actually demonstrate that makes him a good hand to hand fighter, anyway?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"