Who's the most powerful villain End of Z Piccolo could beat?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Who's the most powerful villain End of Z Piccolo could b

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:50 pm

That's pretty confusing. Right before the splitting, I see Fat Boo/Mr. Boo/Good Boo (whatever you call him) was dizzy as colateral effect from expelling a great amount of energy and thus creating the skkiny Boo, but when he was spitted by the other evil Boo he wakes up in a normal physical and mental state. It's more likely that his power was back to normal, as he could fight someone as strong as Goku for a while.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:21 pm

I don't see him getting any huge gains after Cell arc. Piccolo trained for 2 years inside the RoSaT with all his strength & determination... yet he couldn't even get close to SS Goku in the Cell Games, and he is still far below the Super Saiyans 7 years later, since he was weaker than Kaioshin, who was also weaker than the Super Saiyans. The guy has reached his limits, just like Tenshinhan who can't surpass Kuririn despite the fact that he is still training, while Kuririn has stopped.

So, maybe he would be able to defeat a Cell Jr. at the end of the manga.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Piccolo could probably beat Cell Jr. But anybody more stronger than that and he gets his ass beaten into the dirt.

Future Reese

Post by Future Reese » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:47 pm

I think he was able to defet Cell jr at the Cell games, the reson he did not was the fact those jerks ganged up on him. As far as the EOZ is concerned I agree he did not progressed much. He only like train for the budokai tournament, rest of the saga he is mentoring kids or being eaten by Buu. All in all I would say Perfect Cell but that will be still highly arguable.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Going from how he could hold his own against a Cell Jr. in the Cell Games arc, he would then had to have been around Vegeta and Trunk's leauge. Although weaker, he would have been close to their power (as in Vegeta being 120, Trunks being 110, Piccolo being 100, making the strength difference in millions enough to be able to struggle against a Cell Jr.).
Afterwards, I believe that Piccolo got a huge leap stronger during those 7 years, even wanting to join the Tenkaichi Budokai and fight Saiya-jins.
Dabra's line about Piccolo being trash among Kuririn doesn't amount to much as he too thought that the Saiya-jins were easy to defeat as well (his estimations were proven wrong in the end).
By that time, I could see Piccolo being able to defeat Perfect Cell.
Going by that, Piccolo EoZ would be around Super Perfect Cell's level, or a SSJ2s level.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:That's pretty confusing. Right before the splitting, I see Fat Boo/Mr. Boo/Good Boo (whatever you call him) was dizzy as colateral effect from expelling a great amount of energy and thus creating the skkiny Boo, but when he was spitted by the other evil Boo he wakes up in a normal physical and mental state. It's more likely that his power was back to normal, as he could fight someone as strong as Goku for a while.
The manga specifically states that most of the power went to Pure Evil(Grey) Boo once they split. Boo could just be around SSJ2 level and his magic endurance made up for the difference between him and Pure Boo. Vegeta got off an attack before being hit which more than likely weakened him. But Mr. Boo has the advantage that he can take a lot of punishment before his power starts to drop. His power was only stated to start dropping mid-way through the fight I believe. And that was when Pure Boo started to punish/toy with him.
Strength Checker wrote:Chapter: 485 (DBZ 291), P7.4
Context: as the two Boos fight
Narrator: “The original Majin Boo had no chance of winning...This was because during the split, the majority of the power went to the evil one…"
I don't see how Boo is supposed to regain that power. It is like Boohan getting Gohan separated from him and expecting Evil(Super) Boo to eventually regain the power he had when he was Boohan. Doesn't really work that way. Mr. Boo can't reclaim the power of the Pure(Kid) Boo if it is in the Pure Evil(Grey) Boo. Essentially we have this:

Fat Boo: Dai Kaioshin's power + S. Kaioshin's power + Pure Boo's power(Obviously weakened due to at least the Dai Kaioshin influence.)
Mr. Boo: Dai Kaioshin's power + S. Kaioshin's power.
Pure Evil Boo: Pure Boo's power.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Ok ok, I will try to explain my point in a simpler way. I think you are complicating a bit, by mixing the characters and the context.

Guess that Fat Boo, Skinny Boo and Kid Boo are all different versions of the same character, but also different individuals. The very first one is Fat Boo, which after expelling his evil part created Skkiny Boo, the second. Fat Boo is supposed to increase his power every time steam escapes from his body, but now things didn't happen accordingly. While Skinny Boo took the power that Fat Boo expelled, his good self has also weakened in the process. Fat Boo has just created a Boo that is at least his rival in strenght, so that might consume a large amount of energy (see how he was sweating). Skkiny Boo absorbed Fat Boo, transformed and added fatso power to his own. When at last Fat Boo was separated from Skkiny Boo, a third Boo was born since the second ceased to exist. Kid Boo spitted Fat Boo and then we can see fatso is fresh, ready to fight properly this time. It's interesting that no one comments on his (supposed) power discrepance when he goes fighting Kid Boo. Then, I assume Fat Boo's power was back to normal. Though, I'm not sure if Skkiny Boo and Kid Boo have different souls, they could be just the same individual with different minds and looks.

As the thread is specifically about Piccolo and not Boo, my apologizes for the off-topic. If I can somehow relate the upper comment with the topic...

After Freeza's defeat on Namek, Piccolo didn't return to his reconstructed home planet, instead kept his strict training while waiting for Goku's return. After Cell's defeat, he kept his training on God's Temple, but still didn't manage to surpass Cell's level, despite being already a good deal stronger than Freeza. From this point until the end of story Piccolo didn't join bodies with any other Namek, so it might be very difficult to guess how he would fair against Cell. In resume, I don't believe Piccolo could possibly beat the main villain from the previous arc, Boo in this case, given his own power discrepance with that villain and the trend of past arcs in my scheme, but maybe he can manage something against Cell (like maybe he could manage something against Freeza before rejoining with God).

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Ok ok, I will try to explain my point in a simpler way. I think you are complicating a bit, by mixing the characters and the context.

Guess that Fat Boo, Skinny Boo and Kid Boo are all different versions of the same character, but also different individuals. The very first one is Fat Boo, which after expelling his evil part created Skkiny Boo, the second. Fat Boo is supposed to increase his power every time steam escapes from his body, but now things didn't happen accordingly. While Skinny Boo took the power that Fat Boo expelled, his good self has also weakened in the process. Fat Boo has just created a Boo that is at least his rival in strenght, so that might consume a large amount of energy (see how he was sweating). Skkiny Boo absorbed Fat Boo, transformed and added fatso power to his own. When at last Fat Boo was separated from Skkiny Boo, a third Boo was born since the second ceased to exist. Kid Boo spitted Fat Boo and then we can see fatso is fresh, ready to fight properly this time. It's interesting that no one comments on his (supposed) power discrepance when he goes fighting Kid Boo. Then, I assume Fat Boo's power was back to normal. Though, I'm not sure if Skkiny Boo and Kid Boo have different souls, they could be just the same individual.
Well. You say this but I can also turn around and ask why Piccolo made no comments about Mr. Boo's (supposed) decrease in power(or exhaustion) as you seem to believe. I also wouldn't rely on the sweat at being an indication of him being exhausted either. As this can be due to several things. It could be from fear, anxiety, disbelief at a stupid scene. I mean if you check when Vegeta loses the rock-paper-scissors against Goku and he turns back to a regular Saiyan. He has a sweat mark for 3 chapters. But it has nothing to do with him being exhausted because he hasn't even done anything yet. He first started to begin to sweat when Pure(Kid) Boo showed up. The only thing I would consider for your opinion would be the panting. But Boo stopped that after he expelled Pure Evil Boo.

But I honestly don't see why they need to comment on the size of his power when we know that Fat Boo's power fluctuated in the beginning anyway. Because Gohan pretty much said he could have taken the initial Fat Boo before Fat Boo's burst of anger. All the times Fat Boo increased in strength should be logically tied to him accessing more and more of Pure Boo's power as his anger would weaken the Dai Kaioshin influence with him. But it's up to you as to whether you think this opinion is valid. I honestly think it is you that is trying to complicate this whole scene. All I see is simply the Pure Evil Boo being a manifestation of Pure Boo's power(Which is superior to the Kaioshin's power.) beating down the Kaioshin portion(Mr. Boo), absorbing it and becoming the dominant power of the Majin Boo. That is pretty simple.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Hitiro wrote:I honestly think it is you that is trying to complicate this whole scene. All I see is simply the Pure Evil Boo being a manifestation of Pure Boo's power(Which is superior to the Kaioshin's power.) beating down the Kaioshin portion(Mr. Boo), absorbing it and becoming the dominant power of the Majin Boo. That is pretty simple.
I made a special remark on why I think your theory is complicated. It's a mix of A (characters) and B (contexts). At first, I tried to separate the characters in 1 (Fat Boo), 2 (Skkiny Boo) and 3 (Kid Boo), keeping also 3 contexts apart from each other. You think 2 is a manifestation of 3, which I think are independent B, given the moment they debut in the arc. Also, you think 1 is somehow Kaioshin's manifestation, which I think are different A. To sum it up, you think "1 vs. 2" was actually "Kaioshin's power vs. 3's power". As a result, 3 won and became dominant over Kaioshin. I honestly don't think that way is simple, but okay then.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I made a special remark on why I think your point of view is complicated. It's a mix of A (characters) and B (contexts). At first, I tried to separate the characters in 1 (Fat Boo), 2 (Skkiny Boo) and 3 (Kid Boo), keeping also 3 contexts apart from each other. You think 2 is a manifestation of 3, which I think are independent B, given the moment they debut in the arc. Also, somehow you think 1 is Kaioshin's manifestation, which I think are different A. To sum it up, you think the "1 vs. 2" was actually "Kaioshin's power vs. 3's power". As a result, 3 won and became dominant over Kaioshin. I honestly don't think that way is simple, but okay then.
Considering we have the Narrator saying that Pure Evil Boo is the manifestation of the Evil side of Fat Boo, which if you go by all the dialogue later would be Pure Boo's power, then yes. It is pretty simple. The good side of Boo is the Kaioshin's. The bad side of Boo is the original Pure Boo. Don't see how this isn't a simple idea. Especially when you compare it to your idea that the manifestation of the Pure Evil Boo was just the energy of the rage boost and Mr. Boo was weakened. Seems a bit convoluted rather than considering one the yin power and one the yang power. I mean if we were to consider your opinion then wouldn't Mr. Boo have to be severely de-powered? Because Fat Boo's anger boosts aren't huge leaps otherwise he'd be god tier. His anger boosts are, at most, SSJ tier jump in power. So shouldn't whatever he produced from his anger boost be SSJ tier as well? Not above him in strength?

I mean you're claiming Mr. Boo's de-power was an exhaustion thing rather than the Evil side reclaiming the (Pure Boo)power it should have? We know Fat Boo is made up of three characters by the end of the manga. So Fat Boo can't have any more power than the 3 individuals that made him up. When he split and lost the Pure Boo side of himself then how is he supposed to return to his original strength if it was the Pure Boo side that made him that strong?

3 - 1 = 2 < No matter how you look at it.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:56 am

Not sure what you mean. If I understand you correctly, you are basically saying Good Boo's power is "Dai Kaioshin + South Kaioshin" power, which is... So, you believe Fat Boo was potentially stronger than Kid Boo and on top of that equal to Super Boo? I can understand though (Pure) Evil Boo being (Kid) Evil Boo, but they are presented as different forms of the (supposed) same character. I wouldn't be so sure they have the same powerlevel, but who knows.

Funny thing, my idea is far distant from yours. I don't think the fact that Fat Boo's power increased the more he was pissed off has anything to do with his evil portion. I think it's just the nature of his body. Of course, he has a limit. Occasionally he got so angered his body expelled that much energy and that became another Boo, an evil Boo. He still maintained his limit, but had to deal with his brand-new buddy. Also the fact that one has a good soul and the other an evil, in my perspective, doesn't have to depend on explanations regarding Boo's past story. That happens dozens of chapters after.

It can be simple to view things in a yin-yang-souls perspective, as once the story treated Piccolo, but I felt the need to resume your theory in representative numbers and letters. Though it's understandable, it seems a bit complex to tell, took a certain effort. If you mind replying anything, may I ask you to make a new thread? I don't feel confortable at all discussing Boo's stuff here. :sick:
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:05 am

To simplify the idea, I think it supposes that Fat Boo had a lot of extra, evil power that he couldn't access, thanks to the Grand Kaioshin's influence holding him back. That evil power would be equal to Pure Boo, since that's where it came from. Thus the skinny "Pure Evil" Boo that manifested would be equal with Pure Boo in strength as well, while Fat Boo's power remained the same, all the way up through when he was spit out to face off with the fully-restored Pure Boo again later.

All in all I could totally see this being the case, but it seems like an over-complication of what the narrator said about Fat Boo's power being split up.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:13 am

I just think that Fat Buu powered up when he got mad and blew steam, and that the Pure Evil Buu he spit out was equal to (Super Buu minus Good Buu equals Pure Buu) or stronger than (did better against the exact same character) Pure Buu, based on later events. It seems like the simplest, most straightforward, speculation-free route.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:03 am

^ Both pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what I was trying to explain. Sorry if it seems I was overcomplicating it, I'm not exactly good at describing by points. But It really isn't complicated to see what I mean.

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MasterVampire » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:33 am

I would rank him stronger than semi-perfect cell but weaker than perfect cell

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Let me try to be creative:

I would say Bojack, considering I see him stronger than Cell Jr. (For reasons that it would be a bit laughable have a whole movie about someone weaker than a single Cell Jr.) but weaker than Perfect Cell. Base Goku's punch hurted him for few minutes straight and SSJ2 Gohan killed him without any difficulty. Not to mention Bojack owes his reputation due to his minions doing all the job, who IMO, have better skill than he does.

I really doubt he'd be able to take on Hatchiyack himself since that guy is a powerhouse, and >LSSJ Broly.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:02 pm

I don't see him growing strong enough to take a Cell Jr. After training in the rosat, I think he's above Semi-Cell, but that's the last time I see him getting a significant increase.

So, he'd still only be able to beat Semi-Cell at the most.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:28 am

I'd say he can at least beat a Cell Juniour, and maybe at most match FPSSJ Goku from the Cell Games.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:43 pm

Was it ever shown or mentioned how hard Piccolo trained after the Cell Games, or even if he continued training at all? I always assumed he mostly quit and just kept himself in shape with meditation and stuff. As much as I hate to say it, he isn't much passed Semi-Perfect Cell, and that's at best. In the anime he was clever enough to get some really good hits in on the Cell Jrs, but in the end they were still physically too strong for him, and if he didn't do some intense training then I don't believe he would have reached that level.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:55 pm

About Supreme Kai, was it ever directly stated that Piccolo was physically weaker than him? Because the dialogue in the anime is a little open ended, it can be interpreted as Piccolo simply respecting the Supreme Kai's status rather than being scared of his power. Like if I entered a tournament and got matched against Jesus, but for whatever reason I am somehow stronger than him, there's still no way I could actually hit him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbB4TUgn4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7OcscxDoSE
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.