Who's the most powerful villain End of Z Piccolo could beat?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Who's the most powerful villain End of Z Piccolo could beat?

Post by Angelus » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:43 am

I don't know if he'll get a boost in this new movie coming out but let's assume he won't... and he's just his vanilla End of Z self.

hyperbeing1
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who's the most powerful villain End of Z Piccolo could b

Post by hyperbeing1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:03 am

Angelus wrote:I don't know if he'll get a boost in this new movie coming out but let's assume he won't... and he's just his vanilla End of Z self.
likely around perfect cell level or a bit less. just a random guess.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:04 am

I think he could defeat a Cell Junior. The next villain up would be Perfect Cell or Dabra, and I don't think he got that strong.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Pure Evil Boo.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:29 pm

In my head-canon, Piccolo would have picked up the pace with his training after being borderline useless against Boo. Given how rapidly he's been shown to increase from training before, by the manga's epilogue I could easily see him being on a high SS2 level and taking out Super Perfect Cell. Of course, assuming Goku and Vegeta have improved at least moderately as well, he'd still be lagging behind them.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Well, he's definitely powerful enough to beat "semi-perfect" Cell even as early as the Cell Games, and able to stand up to a Cell Jr. at least for a little while even though he has no chance of actually winning against one (so weaker than SSj Vegeta and Trunks at that point, but not drastically so.)

It's hard to say how much stronger he got between the Cell Games and the Buu saga, aside from the wide range of "stronger than he was before, but still lagging behind Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta." I don't think he'd be able to beat Perfect Cell yet as of the Buu saga, though (otherwise he'd be spared from Dabura's spit, as anyone with a maximum power on Cell's level or above would definitely qualify as a good source of energy to revive Buu), probably not even the suppressed version that fought Goku.

End of Z... even harder to say. I'd like to think he'd at least be strong enough to stomp a Cell Jr. and put up a great fight against Perfect Cell (either the power he used vs. Gohan or his full power) by that point. Maybe even up to Super Perfect Cell level if he trained a lot in an attempt to power up after Buu rather than just keeping up his usual steady increase? I can't really see him catching up with any of the Buus unless he stumbled across some other super-powerful Namekian and they ended up fusing or something, but Piccolo ending up vaguely in the range of the Super Saiyan 2 characters by the end of the series is an idea I kinda like.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:18 pm

The Cell Jr's get one shotted and he actually has a chance to beat Perfect Cell at the power he used against Goku.

Maybe the new movie will hax him more. I hope so.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:02 pm

EoZ Piccolo >= Boo arc Piccolo >= Cell Games Piccolo

as much as I'd love to think Piccolo's a beast, I'd say he hits USSJ Mirai Trunks level at best.

Why Toriyama forgot about him and reduced him to a comedy act in the Boo arc is beyond me.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:12 pm

He could beat Kaioshin.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Piccolo was still a good deal weaker than a Cell Jr at the Cell Games, and any improvements he gained between the Cell and Buu arcs appeared to be very minimal. He didn't even want to take another trip in the ROSAT, considering it a waste of time, and was MUCH, MUCH weaker than Kaioshin, who himself was MUCH, MUCH weaker than the adult Super Saiyans. He was also clearly demonstrated to be inferior to SS Goten and SS Trunks on several occasions.

I guess I could see him surpassing a Cell Jr, and beating one with some trouble by the EOZ, but that's about it. The next strongest villain is SS2-tier, and I don't see him getting to that level, as he has no special training methods to justify him getting that big of a power-up in only ten years after a seven year training binge did nothing significant for him. I'm generous, so I place EOZ Piccolo as roughly equal to EOZ SS Goten and Trunks, and slightly weaker than pre-fusion Kaioshin.
He could beat Kaioshin.
Even if you do think that, Kaioshin, by the EOZ, has already fused with Kibito, and become massively stronger. It's very much a stretch that Piccolo's MOUNTAIN TRAINING would even cover the gargantuan gap between him and Kaioshin, let alone another, even more gargantuan gap between Kaioshin and Kibitoshin.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:37 pm

I would say Dabra. After 17 years of training in the God's Temple I think he could have improved in order to be a match for the big bad that preceeded the former Boo.

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Well, I would say probably Super saiyan Gohan against Perfect Cell. He put up an okay fight against the Cell Jrs., probably only gain minimal increases from his training in the 7 year gap, and probably trained pretty hard in the 10 years to the End of Z. I just can't see him breaking to Super Saiyan 2 levels of strength.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:59 pm

Fat Buu. That's assuming he trains hard for the 10 years.

hyperbeing1
Beyond Newbie

Post by hyperbeing1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:07 am

mysticboy wrote:Fat Buu. That's assuming he trains hard for the 10 years.
Do you mean initial fat buu or mr buu.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:42 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Piccolo was still a good deal weaker than a Cell Jr at the Cell Games, and any improvements he gained between the Cell and Buu arcs appeared to be very minimal. He didn't even want to take another trip in the ROSAT, considering it a waste of time, and was MUCH, MUCH weaker than Kaioshin, who himself was MUCH, MUCH weaker than the adult Super Saiyans. He was also clearly demonstrated to be inferior to SS Goten and SS Trunks on several occasions.

I guess I could see him surpassing a Cell Jr, and beating one with some trouble by the EOZ, but that's about it. The next strongest villain is SS2-tier, and I don't see him getting to that level, as he has no special training methods to justify him getting that big of a power-up in only ten years after a seven year training binge did nothing significant for him. I'm generous, so I place EOZ Piccolo as roughly equal to EOZ SS Goten and Trunks, and slightly weaker than pre-fusion Kaioshin.
So how strong would EOZ Goten and Trunks be? Stronger than post-RoSaT by any significant amount at all?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 am

Saiga wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Piccolo was still a good deal weaker than a Cell Jr at the Cell Games, and any improvements he gained between the Cell and Buu arcs appeared to be very minimal. He didn't even want to take another trip in the ROSAT, considering it a waste of time, and was MUCH, MUCH weaker than Kaioshin, who himself was MUCH, MUCH weaker than the adult Super Saiyans. He was also clearly demonstrated to be inferior to SS Goten and SS Trunks on several occasions.

So how strong would EOZ Goten and Trunks be? Stronger than post-RoSaT by any significant amount at all?
Just as strong as they were at the end of the Buu arc. Vegeta and Goku both lament that their kids didn't train.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:11 am

hyperbeing1 wrote:
Do you mean initial fat buu or mr buu.
Initial.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:09 am

Ledgic, Mutchy or the weaker Shadow Dragons from GT maybe? although i'm not really sure how powerful those guys were. Any low-tier GT villains really are as far as he gets imo. In canon Z terms the strongest character he could defeat was probably Yakon.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:38 am

mysticboy wrote:
hyperbeing1 wrote:
Do you mean initial fat buu or mr buu?
Initial.
Aren't they the same character?

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Aren't they the same character?
Isn't it that Mr. Boo has had the bulk of his power stripped from him post-splitting. Whereas the initial Fat Boo, through anger boosts, was above SSJ2 Majin Vegeta and could have become stronger than SSJ3 Goku through anger boosts too(As essentially if the split didn't happen then Fat Boo could be as powerful as Evil(Super) Boo). Not that I'm saying Mr. Boo couldn't be above SSJ2 Majin Vegeta(Considering he is probably made up of the essence of both the Dai Kaioshin and South Kaioshin which are both SSJ tier characters at least.) but he is probably not above SSJ2 Majin Vegeta by as much as he was when he also had a portion of Pure Boo's power to draw on as well.