Gohan even more disappointing?!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GokuRules987
Banned

Gohan even more disappointing?!

Post by GokuRules987 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:08 am

To be honest no matter how much i tried to like the new Gohan character design i just cant really accept it, he suppost to be in his 20 now but he looks like a freaking 15 year old kid, I mean WTF! what happened to old Gohan hairstyle from the manga? And the track suit just doesn't suit him because he just looks like a typical earthling instead of a martial artist. What do you guys think, Do you like the gohan new character design for fukkatsu no F or no?

My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Gohan even more disappointing?!

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:12 am

Well, he's supposed to be living the life of a normal person when he grows up. So of course he would have regular people's clothing on usual days.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:32 am

I like it. It looks more like his own look rather than just copying Vegeta. Was never a fan of his EOZ and GT hairstyle.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:32 am

The design is fine. My hairstyle changes a couple of times a year, so Gohan certainly doesn't have to be stuck with the same one for years at a time (same for Kuririn). I really don't get what's worth complaining about here either. It takes the original Buu Arc shape when he goes Super Saiyan, so he's just not spiking it up in the film (but he could if he took the time). Gohan has other priorities outside martial arts, especially now that he has a kid and things are likely a hell of a lot more hectic in his life. That's why he can't find his dogi when he does need it.

I hate to be that guy pointing out the obvious, but that's the joke... It works too.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:33 am

mAcChaos wrote:Well, he's supposed to be living the life of a normal person when he grows up. So of course he would have regular people's clothing on usual days.
And... regular people clothes involve him wearing a green jumpsuit??? It just feels somewhat out of his character to be doing that. he looks like a typical urban hipster that just taken a jog in the park. I mean what so bad about wearing goku gi clothes that symbolized everything that he and his dad accomplished, like defeated frieza, helped him become ssj2 so that he could beat cell and finally saved the earth from kid buu. His hair even though might be look more consistent to his kid version, but it doesnt feel canon to the series because adult gohan always had spiked hair.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The design is fine. My hairstyle changes a couple of times a year, so Gohan certainly doesn't have to be stuck with the same one for years at a time (same for Kuririn). I really don't get what's worth complaining about here either. It takes the original Buu Arc shape when he goes Super Saiyan, so he's just not spiking it up in the film (but he could if he took the time). Gohan has other priorities outside martial arts, especially now that he has a kid and things are likely a hell of a lot more hectic in his life. That's why he can't find his dogi when he does need it.

I hate to be that guy pointing out the obvious, but that's the joke... It works too.
Yeah I really like that his SSJ style is his Boo arc look. Best of both worlds for me since I dislike when SSJ style is basically a golden recolour. Also as much as I really like Gohan's other priorities...they're treated as filler more than having any real relevance which saddens me. I feel it's like "Oh look he has a family how adorable...ok back to the real story."
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 am

GokuRules987 wrote:
mAcChaos wrote:Well, he's supposed to be living the life of a normal person when he grows up. So of course he would have regular people's clothing on usual days.
And... regular people clothes involve him wearing a green jumpsuit??? It just feels somewhat out of his character to be doing that. he looks like a typical urban hipster that just taken a jog in the park. I mean what so bad about wearing goku gi clothes that symbolized everything that he and his dad accomplished, like defeated Freeza, helped him become ssj2 so that he could beat cell and finally saved the earth from kid buu. His hair even though might be look more consistent to his kid version, but it doesnt feel canon to the series because adult gohan always had spiked hair.
You forget that DBZ's enemies always just show up out of the blue during a normal day. This is especially true in the DBZ movies.

Gohan probably WAS jogging in the park. Then boom, Freeza appears and he has to drop everything and start fighting.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:15 am

I'll be OK with anything as long as it doesn't get this bad :

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ori ... fo1989.png
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:28 am

I dislike it because of the skinnier, not so DB-like style that they're using for all characters these days, but other than that it doesn't bother me too much. I actually enjoy to see everyone wearing different clothes rather than the usual ones we're used to see them in.
酷签名

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 am

Sheesh.. Toriyama must really hate him

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 am

sintzu wrote:I'll be OK with anything as long as it doesn't get this bad : http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ori ... fo1989.png
I hope it does; Great Saiyaman was a lot of fun.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:08 am

sintzu wrote:I'll be OK with anything as long as it doesn't get this bad : http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ori ... fo1989.png
I actually wish he would've kept that outfit as his 'fight outfit', it actually looks cool once you take off the helmet and the cape.

ImageImage

Plus, I like that it's unique to him and not a copy of Goku's or Piccolo's

Love the thread title by the way :lol:
Last edited by sbk on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:32 am

I'm not overly keen on the hair, but I don't really mind the tracksuit/jumpsuit.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:40 am

I like Gohan's new look. I mean he's always changing hairstyles and outfits every now and then, this is just another unique design for Gohan, as opposed to looking like Vegeta rip off like some of the other Z-Fighters do.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:31 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I like Gohan's new look ... the is just another unique design for Gohan, as opposed to looking like Vegeta rip off like some of the other Z-Fighters do.
I *adored* Gohan's new look when I first saw it. I couldn't believe how negative the comments were.
It's such a breath of fresh air after all these years. I mean, is it really that unappealing to some of you...?

「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 am

I like how Gohan's completely lost his Mystic state, but is walking around with it constantly on years later when Uub shows up.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:29 pm

The hair is good, and apparently the only reason for the tracksuit is not finding his gi. The only thing I don't like is the art style.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:To be honest no matter how much i tried to like the new Gohan character design i just cant really accept it, he suppost to be in his 20 now but he looks like a freaking 15 year old kid, I mean WTF! what happened to old Gohan hairstyle from the manga? And the track suit just doesn't suit him because he just looks like a typical earthling instead of a martial artist. What do you guys think, Do you like the gohan new character design for fukkatsu no F or no?
Gohan is supposed to be what ~22 years old physically? It isn't that uncommon for somebody that age to look about 15, plus he is half saiyan. And he is a anime character so placing a exact age based on looks isn't really possible but he doesn't look that young to me.
I don't mind the jump suit so much but I do prefer the Buu arc clothes and art style.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:37 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:he looks like a typical urban hipster that just taken a jog in the park.
You do realize he lives in the city and he HAS just taken a jog? It is not supposed to be his everyday clothes. *facepalm*

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:40 pm

sbk wrote:Sheesh.. Toriyama must really hate him
It could be worse :

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/31 ... _super.jpg
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.