Headcanons

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Unicorn_Bazooka
Beyond Newbie

Headcanons

Post by Unicorn_Bazooka » Mon May 04, 2015 1:18 pm

I can't really find a page or a topic for headcanons, so I made one myself. :thumbup: (correct me though if there is one somewhere, I just couldn't find one)

For those who aren't familiar with the term, a headcanon is essentially an idea or thought about details in the franchise, that could just as well be canon, but are just never mentioned or brought up in the series. A headcanon can also be an expansion of an already mentioned or suggested fact. An example would be: "I think that Puar and Chiaotzu get along with each other, and consider each other friends." or "Yamcha secretly collects action figures".

Here are some of my own:
-Saiyan hair is essentially fur, as it doesn't grow from the day they're born, and sometimes fluffs out (the only instance where this happens is after Goku has blasted Vegeta over the clouds after the beam struggle, and Vegeta starts getting real temperamental, and both his tail fur and hair kinda fluff out. I know it's mostly for comic relief, but it's still interesting enough for me to include it)

-Fusions have a unified voice in-universe, while we only hear the two voices on top of each other.

-As Saiyans are mainly carnivorous, they have short, albeit sharp canines even when not in their Oozaru form.

Post whatever you like here!
Last edited by Unicorn_Bazooka on Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: Headcanons

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon May 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Grade forms aren't necessarily transformations, but just ways of powering up as Super Saiyan, and that Mastered Super Saiyan is doing that without bulking up. So MSS = SS Grade 3 in terms of power, and they don't have access to Grades 2 and 3 after they master Super Saiyan.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Probably false headcanon: Golden Oozaru is the next 'evolution' of Super Saiyan 3, signified by SS3's extended eyebrow ridges and growing hair being a sign of transitioning into the form. Thus, the "Super Saiyan 4" name for the humanoid form of Golden Oozaru is appropriate.

Probably true headcanon (or maybe canon if I missed an interview somewhere): Raditz was influenced greatly by Vegeta while growing up, making him more sinister than his parents and brother.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon May 04, 2015 1:34 pm

The Super Saiyan multiplier can be increased via training, hence why Goku spent his time training the form during the 10 day timeskip and it also explains Toriyama's comment about it being more beneficial to train the form.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Mon May 04, 2015 1:38 pm

If Gohan mastered his SSJ2 transformation and used it as a base, he could probably unleash his Hidden Potential and look like his SSJ2 self, because unlocking it didn't mean disabling transformations: it just meant using more power without Ki strain. Even if the Old Kai told him to "do the thing when you transform" (which is to power up), we were shown in BotG that he has access to both.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 2:18 pm

The SSJ3 transformation can possibly be mastered. BOG show that even when Goku was being effortlessly wrecked by Beerus, who was leagues ahead Kid Boo, he was still able to retain the form until being actually knocked out. Whereas after going all out against Kid Boo taking everything Kid Boo was throwing at him he couldn't maintain the form for more than a minute.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Since it was told that Sayians usually don't form couples... I have some theories that could explain the fact that we see fathers, babies seen in Move 8 are male and Vegeta never refers to his mother, nor she is seen around King.

Most of them prefer to live in same sex groups. Mating is seen as very private affair to the point it's never spoken of in public. If you are interested in someone you exchange gifts (preferably leather gloves) and wait for the result. Pregnancy is short and not very visible, females stay active to the very end. Childbirth is silent, bloodless and usually takes place by night. Daughters stay with mother, sons are dumped to the hospital ward waiting for father and those too weak to grab mother's tail are eaten for their troubles and promptly forgotten. The couple usually lose interest in each other. Having children with someone of higher status doesn't give one any pros.
Bardock and Gine are seen as perverted hipsters for hugging in public and having two children in a row.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm

-Like SSJ2FutureGohan said, the Grade forms aren't really transformations but shortcuts to greater power and Mastered Super Saiyan is means to gaining such power without the drawbacks
-Gohan doesn't actively train due to the fact it remains him of the emotional pain he experienced while on the battlefield
-Chichi isn't fully-human (likely half-demon or demi-god) due to her father which explains why she was abnormally strong as a child and as such it contributes to Gohan, Goten, and Pan's insanely high potential
-Muten Roshi's perverseness is due to him living far out on an island for years so he never could have consistent lover
-Yajirobe can easily save the world but chooses not to cuz he doesn't wanna be it easy
-Nappa was the glue that held the remaining Saiyans who kept true to their nature together (a.k.a Vegeta and Raditz)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

IDreamtIWasABee
Beyond Newbie

Post by IDreamtIWasABee » Mon May 04, 2015 7:28 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: -Gohan doesn't actively train due to the fact it remains him of the emotional pain he experienced while on the battlefield
I like this one.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:The Super Saiyan multiplier can be increased via training, hence why Goku spent his time training the form during the 10 day timeskip and it also explains Toriyama's comment about it being more beneficial to train the form.
That certainly seems very plausible.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Mon May 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I'm disappointed. I thought this thread was about:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 8:22 pm

shonenhikada wrote:I'm disappoinTED. I thought this thread was a bout:
Hahaha, very clever. :roll:

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon May 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Some more:

-End of Z Vegeta has Super Saiyan 3
-Both Goku and Vegeta have mastered Super Saiyan 3
-Ultimate Gohan, EoZ Goku/Vegeta, Kamiccolo, and the humans are completely maxed out.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 04, 2015 9:25 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:-Ultimate Gohan, EoZ Goku/Vegeta, Kamiccolo, and the humans are completely maxed out.
Dragon Ball Super could end up defying that. :P

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 am

Here's one inspired on another thread:
- Namekians, like Majins, are able to create evil entities based on their own image, who take on a personality of their own. Their fusion doesn't necessarily mean completion of the original, since he already exists, but a new entity instead, as we could see with Super Buu. Since Daimao gave birth to a new Namekian and died, his evil couldn't join with Kami to create another being, so Kami offered his power to Piccolo much like Nail did. If Daimao were to be revived and offered his power, it would join Kami's and make Piccolo somewhat stronger.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue May 05, 2015 11:55 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Grade forms aren't necessarily transformations, but just ways of powering up as Super Saiyan, and that Mastered Super Saiyan is doing that without bulking up. So MSS = SS Grade 3 in terms of power, and they don't have access to Grades 2 and 3 after they master Super Saiyan.
Agreed. I see the grades as being a side-effect of not having adapted to the stress of going Super Saiyan. Kind of like how you subconsciously flex muscles in your face, neck and legs when you do a heavy bicep curl. So if just triggering the SSJ transformation results in 50% of a user's SSJ strength, I see SSJ Grade 3 being the same as FP-SSJ and SSJ Grade 2 being somewhere between full power and that initial 50%.

My head canon also includes:
-Tenshinhan made good on his claim that he not only mastered Kaioken, but also improved upon it.

-More than 4 Saiyans survived the destruction of planet Vegeta, otherwise Nappa and Vegeta contradict what Raditz said about there being four kids, two of which were babies (one of those two being Goku). What he was actually explaining was that four Saiyans ESCAPED the destruction, so anybody already offworld wasn't in danger. Tarble and Goku are the babies, who are never heard from again, so everyone assumes they're dead (or rather, they assume Tarble is dead and nobody but Raditz ever knew about Goku). Freeza immediately has any stragglers (the off-worlders) killed besides Nappa. This leads to there being only, Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz and Goku thought to be alive during Raditz's explanation.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue May 05, 2015 2:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:The Super Saiyan multiplier can be increased via training, hence why Goku spent his time training the form during the 10 day timeskip and it also explains Toriyama's comment about it being more beneficial to train the form.
See, i think the exact opposite is the case

-The First time someone transforms into a Super Saiyan, their strength is 50 times their base. However, when they revert to base, they find that their base strength is now ten times stronger, because they've internalized some of the strength. On subsequent transformations, the multiplier is only 10x (to match up with a statement Toriyama made in an interview). Once they achieve the FPSSJ transformation, their base form starts internalizing more energy, making the multiplier smaller in SSJ1 without reducing strength. Later forms are uneffected

Some more headcanons

-The Hakaishin does not have alternate timeline counterparts. There's only one to cover everytimeline

-Super Saiyan one is the only Super Saiyan form that comes standard. All other forms are only possible permutations. These possible permutations are: SSJ1-SSJ2-SSJ3, SSJ1-ASSJ-USSJ, SSJ1-FPSSJ, SSJ1-SSG-SSGSS, SSJ1-LSSJ, SSJ1-Golder Oozaru-SSJ4

-Gohan's ultimate power up is not literal potential unlocking. Rather, it magically granted him the power he would have had if he did not stop training after Cell

-Whis is the God Of Destruction for another universe

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue May 05, 2015 5:11 pm

This isn't really something I accept more than wonder about. I wonder if that geezer Goku doodle of Toriyama's will come to pass since Old Kai gave Goku his life, which he said he, "only had about a thousand years or so left anyway," and thus Goku will wind up outliving everybody.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 pm

I believe the reason to Goku coming out of the RoSaT so strong was not because mastering the SSJ form gave him benefits while training but rather that sparring with Gohan, who was constantly improving due to his latent potential, forced Goku to keep up. As with Akira Toriyama's statement with Beerus and Goku fighting.
Animanga Godly Interview wrote:Only, Saiyans rapidly increase in strength as they fight against strong opponents, so the longer they fought, the more that gap would shrink, and it might even be possible for them to eventually turn the tables.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue May 05, 2015 6:10 pm

-Trunks was born even in with two completely opposite situations (peace time vs hard core training) so I believe there is at least some sort of predestination on people getting born as long as their parents are alive and meet in that timeline. I believe Videl to be alive in the Future... along with Pan (untrained), but Trunks was simply unaware of their existence.

-Vegeta's and Tarble's mother was as tall as Tarble because she was actually half-tsufur, a fact she had to hid from her birth. Being much smaller she had to make up with strategy, resourcefulness and wits against the brute force of her Saiyans rivals. This caught the attention of soon-to-be-King Vegeta and he married her.

-Ancient Namekians actually had contact with the Saiyans previously or during the great SSjGod war. Saichōrō was aware of the existence of Super Saiyans and was actually worried Vegeta was one.

-Yajirobe has diluded Saiyan Blood. Somehow, way back, a saiyan was stranded on Earth and had a kid. Yajirobe is extremely similar to Saiyans in many regards. Hell, he was almost as strong as Goku during the 22° tournament without any training. If it wasn't for his lazy ass I'm sure he would be on par with the rest.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"